Alright Sup Forums

Alright Sup Forums,

Now that the children have gone to bed. I'm looking for a list of your favorite philosophers.

Need some readings to get into.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Y2K6b
discord.gg/Y2K6B
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_nature&ved=0ahUKEwiv98GZ59fRAhUYz2MKHSF2Bz8QFgg2MAM&usg=AFQjCNEzu7bbZMPLWCwR9QhO-_-9dIT4Hw&sig2=dlshqTYm8Hq33sPGNdiFkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kierksgaard, Socrates (by default extension: Plato) Descarte and Marcus Aurelius

Karl Popper

pic related good list of authors?

Kierkegaard is GOAT

Diogenes

My favorites are:

Ancients:

Epictetus, Seneca, Marcus Aurelius, Heraclitus

Moderns:

Heidegger, Spengler, Evola

Honorable mentions:

Kant, Spook man, Rousseau, Spinoza

Seneca

Bertrand Russell, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Gottlob Frege, Karl Popper, Willard Van Orman Quine, mostly analytical ones and some philosophers of science.

Most of the ones that I were going to say are already posted so I'll add:

Michel de Montaigne

Really though you want to start with Plato and Aristotle and move from there forward into history because as the scope of philosophy expands, you'll be able to understand the later, more complex stuff, and see the that a lot of the ideas do come from the Greeks and Romans, making easier to understand.

Are people that like Kierkegaard here mostly lurkers? Since most truth lies in people individual experiences or do you give your experiences as well?

I'd get into philosophy of science if you wanna see just how much modern academia resembles the clergy of the old world.

You can build up from logical positivists to the empiricists, then get into the problem of induction.

Read up on Kuhn's
Structure of Scientific Revolutions. This should give you a good idea of why there's so much fuss about "Climate Change" when it's supposedly settled and 99% of scientists agree about AGW.

Go buy Rene Descartes 'Discourse on Method'. It's usually in a book contained with all his essays and correspondence (along with the excellent "Rules for the Direction of the Mind".

It's standard reading if you're into any kind of logical reasoning such as programming, math or just being an informed person when reading the shitty media and sorting through the trash.

This guys knows what's good. Montaigne's Essays are required reading

I hate philosophy, but Baudrilard and Prigogine are must-read.

Also you must consider, that Baudrilard is original author and Prigogine is a kike, that stole Russian cosmists works and gone to his anglosaxon relatives to publish what he stole. So his fundamentals and ideas are "must-understand", but his interpretations and extra works are worthless trash.

These are all great, thank you Sup Forums

Also check out The History of Philosophy Without Gaps podcast. It's ordered pretty well and it's a good way to start from the beginning, listen to a few, get an idea about the main ideas of the philosopher and then set off and read their works yourself.

discord.gg/Y2K6b

discord.gg/Y2K6b
discord.gg/Y2K6b

GET IN HERE. -- FIGHT SJW

5 TEAMS NOW ONLINE

THE COUNTERMEASURE BEGINS

THE FIRE RISES

ENLIST NOW, CHOOSE A TEAM, AND REDPILL YOUR WORLD.

discord.gg/Y2K6b
discord.gg/Y2K6B

Also, evola. read evola.

These arent philosophers but philosophy podcasts. Mysterium fasces and aryan esoterica...
wtf , how can ,me , a black guy be into this.... smdh

Nietzsche

Read Sophie's world

savitri devi

Neitchze
Thomas hobbes
And machevelli

I spelled all their names wrong, I dc.

This is my favorite piece
>google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_nature&ved=0ahUKEwiv98GZ59fRAhUYz2MKHSF2Bz8QFgg2MAM&usg=AFQjCNEzu7bbZMPLWCwR9QhO-_-9dIT4Hw&sig2=dlshqTYm8Hq33sPGNdiFkg

Whoever said kaunt is a fucking cuck