Do you think we need more wars to accelerate technological progress...

Do you think we need more wars to accelerate technological progress? I mean just look at the aerospace industry's history.

Imagine if Hillary were the president now and went into multiple proxy wars with Russia for the next 4/8 years. We'd be sipping mojitos on the summit of a terraformed mons olympus by 2030.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile#History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What about the wars in the middle east that have been going on for the past 15 years?

Those have been fought against goat farmers with Soviet weapons from the 70s, not against some faction supported by another power.

Grow up.

>Do you think we need more wars to accelerate technological progress?
That's how it worked until recently.

These are police operations, not wars.
At no time we were threatened by these "enemies", we weren't forced to improve our game.

>Do you think we need more wars to accelerate technological progress? I mean just look at the aerospace industry's history.
This is a legit quote from Ben Rich aka the father of stealth, director of Lockheed Martins skunk works.

So no, we don't need another war. But if we get another war you can bet you're ass that these weapons/vehicles will be used and revealed to the public.

Did you honestly believe they where going to use their top tier shit to bomb goat farmers in the desert? No, 5 decades old cold war tech is good enough.

>It would be nice to have another arms race
No.

Heard Lockheed Martin is working on nuclear fusion propulsion. Imagine if they've already managed to achieve it and are just keeping it under wraps now.

War is good.

please stop this " wars to accelerate technological progress" meme!

this is History-Channel level bullshit!

But, it does.

Necessity is the mother of invention Hans. You should know that better than anybody.

Really? Name one technology!

No it doesn't

the nuclear bomb

jet propulsion

The worlds very first assault rifle.

Rocketry

Radar

Our medical tech has been increased immensely by the Afghan and Iraq wars. Ass loads of wia per kia Vs any past war.

Wireless communications.

Also wasn't the internet very first used by the military?

Really makes you go Hmmmmmm

satellites too if you count the cold war

The problem is that technology is now advanced to the point that is probably indistinguishable from magic.

So no government that posses such things will willingly reveal it.

So they become myth & legend.

I think there are legit extra dimensional UFO's but I know most UFO observations is military technology that accidentally was revealed...

stainless steel
canned food
plastic surgery
the fucking internet

Also modern day GPS was first conceived by the DoD in the 60's.

High-tech ovens burning 6 million jews over the span of 3 years and still in unused state 70 years later.

Or you'd be mining at some camp in Siberia. Just sayin'

Wrong, those existed before the war:
RADAR - As early as 1886, German physicist Heinrich Hertz showed that radio waves could be reflected from solid objects.
Rockets - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky is treatise on astronautics and liquid rocket propulsion was published in 1903
Jet engines: - the first jet powered aircraft, the He 178 started development in the 1930 and flew 1939.

Where are the proofs

also wrong
for fucks sake, why do you believe every bullshit the TV spouts?

I think we can all agree that the technology you mentioned has been greatly improved due to it's use in military applications during wartime.

It's not about who thought of a technology it's when was the technology properly developed.

With your argument, then rockets were invented by the Chinese way before your date, and were used for war.

Radar was developed by the military. And we're not in the 20s so you might as well drop the caps because that word is not capitalized in English.

Don't know about jets.

the idea of the jet engine goes even earlier to guys like Coanda, but the actually usable thing was developed during the war by Whittle/von Ohain.

Body armor

guaranteed (You)s

These inventions were highly improved and developed because of the war.
Surgery is another good example. Even psychiatry.

As long as they're not nuclear or its gonna be a mideval style dark age with guns

Imagine this + Avro arrow derived airframe

We'd have a starfighter

Absolutely. A total nuclear war is just what we need to get mars colonized!!!

Proxy wars don't advance shit

Cold wars and real wars do

Zyklon B

That's why I said we need just proxy wars over some poor fucks that are gonna die of starvation anyway.

Yes. We certainly do. We have shifted our national focus from bettering technological modernity to advancing socio-cultural "morality".

Shameful.

We have had to means to explorer the stars for years. We just pussed out because muh cancer

Not wars per se, but you're on the right track. We have to make Mars colonization sexy so that big countries want to compete to be first. Competition creates innovation, blah blah blah, and then bam, jj Abrams fakes a Mars landing and we're back to #1.

The romans had steam engines or models of them.

Means fuck all until someone builds it and war is great for that

Development of computer technology was sped up by war because of targeting applications and for cracking codes. Before the war people who were interested in building what we'd now call early computers didn't have fuck all for funding and their idea was thought impossible at worst and little more than an interesting toy at best

Now someone would have gotten the money together eventually but it probably would have been very delayed we would just be getting a Windows 95 tier OS today

What does that chart say?

Thats funny because we just so happen to have a god lying around here somewhere...

The rockets that take people into space and landed men on the moon

Except none of those projects got real funding until war was a possibility

Also many of those technologies were developed in the third reich and without the reich might not have been developed that early

True competition is the fire that fuels progression.

I used to think like you.

Then I got into the defense Industry

Found out it's welfare for smart white people.

If you want a better return on your money and sip tea on mars there are better ways to spend money.

Own a smell company now much happier.

PS I'd do it again for the experience. So it does have its place in Society.

The problem with covering shit up is that people will start to speculate on technology, and soon they'll believe the wildest things.
Sure, I'd love for those secret tech to be revealed, but there's no way it won't be a letdown for me.
Bring me cold fucking fusion or functionnal nanomachines and I'd be happy, but I wouldn't give a fuck about a slightly stealthier plane or a more powerful missile.

War is like gasoline on a fire, but the fire will still get as hot, it'd just take longer. The price of your gasoline is the lives of our young men, and only the cucks will survive.
>Aliens exterminate us since the only thing they find anymore is a bunch of women and trannies

>TV
That's another thing. Third reich had the first TV broadcasts and even televised the Olympics

What about stable wormholes? Cuz we have them and they are awesome.

Fuel off vehicle

Main computer systems off vehicle

Communication can't be blocked or Ease drop On

Problem has been find the miniaturize the magnetics components and power consumption

id like to stabilize that wormhole

I remember the last war Billary and friends got us into.

>F117 gets shot down somehow and China salvages it
>They rebuilt it to such a degree it looks almost complete

We technologically progressed by

>Our favored oligarchs sold weapons
>Lots of child sex traffciking
>Organ, tissue and biocompound trafficking
>Narcotics trafficking
>establishing entrenched trafficking networks in the area

So all of this somehow led us to major tech advances and now we have smartphones.

It's HER TURN. Downvote Drumpf.

Pic related - Podesta's favorite artist and some paintings from his collection. HILLDAWG for FIRST WOAMN PREZ so PODESTA CAN BE SECRETARY OF STATE AND SOME SORT OF CZAR OVER THE INTERNET WITH CONTROL OVER FAKE NEWS!

I'M WITH HER!

enterobiasis is not fun user

grow up faggot

Gee, i did not know that the Berlin olympic games took place during the war.

What the hell are you taught in school these days?

> Stable wormholes
>"Of course it's safe, now push that fucking button, Mike."
> Humanity's famous last words

Please stop! This is just the usual half-knowlege you get from PBS and History Channel.
At least read the fucking wiki-article!

Not even really a model but they had the components

They had Pistons knowledge of steam power flywheels and gears they just needed someone to put them together which probably could have happened if not for (((Christianity))) letting the barbarians in

Yes start more wars, goy. White women in Europe don't have even nearly enough refugees to fuck as of now.

Smell company?

No but they happened during the third reich

>We just pussed out because muh cancer
Humans are pussies.

>Hillary president
>any humans alive in 2030
Pick one.

They had working models of the principal senpai

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile#History

But what use is a complex engine when you have slaves who can be scaled in human power and can adapt to almost any role.

USA should fight a full scale war against china so the west strengthen its top dog position. Even better, Europe could play the jew strat and get rich off supplying USA while it destroys itself together with China.

Well if Hillary was president our tech progress would come to a stop because I'd go on a rampage in the hood then kill myself, I don't figure I could design many new things dead.

So, you found out that technological breakthroughs were made in a highly industrialized country which's economy was swiftly recovering from a desasterous war, a few years earlier?

Not wrong you fucktard.

Encryption went from basic substitution to more advanced encryption in the American civil war and then again greatly improved during WW1 and then finally greatly improved by the Nazi's in WW2.

No. Rome was build on a slave economy, which precludes industrial revolution. If anything Christian philosophy that ended slavery in Europe allowed the industrial revolution to happen.