Who even is this guy...

Who even is this guy? I'm familiar with a lot of British comedians and used to watch "oh my god the Daily Mail!" type panel shows back in the day. But I never even heard of him until Trump started running for office and he became the face of liberalism. Literally no-one in the UK knew him when he lived here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0nx_OQa2A&feature=youtu.be&t=12m40s
cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/07/john-oliver-2013-donald-trump-joke-regret-bpb-orig.cnn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate how he over-acts everything in a Richard Hammond-esque manner

Maybe the reason he didn't make in Britain is because he has a Brummie accent, the worst accent in Britain.

You hit the nail on the head there, chum.

maybe it is because he is a complete nonce and has never said anything funny.

So you didnt know the current year for a couple of years?

He is a time traveler stuck in (current_year - 1).

I remember he did a video about sports teams and the money cities spend on them, my chaddest friend showed it to me, and it was pretty funny
Haven't seen too much else from him, besides what gets posted here and the handful of shitlibs at my college

He's the manifestation of the Eternal Anglo.

fuck no

same situation, here.

he's had some good bits about some actual controversial stuff, but it's still usually just a bunch of pointless shit anyway. it's been the same shit ever night for the past 8 months or so, though.

I think he realized that the Drumpf thing is good reliable money, it keeps him in the headlines, it keeps his people watching it
He targets people who are mentally children, of course it seems stupid and childish to everyone else

Is he popular in Britain? I don't know a single person who watches his shit show. I watched am episode on a plane once out of boredom and it was so cringy. I hope he gets beaten and raped

Honestly I used to watch him and the first couple of episodes were tolerable. I even chuckled. Plus he does some pretty interesting topics. The humor gets extremely grating and repetitive. You spend half an hour with him and you can't stand the exact same trope every time. His first hashtag and online bridgating was revolutionary in the sense no one had done it before but it got old after the first one and anyone still watching it must be braindead.

he's this guys son.

you people really have gone downhill since monty python and peter sellers.

lies! atkinson is a saint

I think he is better than Colbert, although both are retards

Last year every minute of Colbert's show was bashing Trump, while the current year man at least had some other topics going on. Colbert's shilling is so obvious, I want him dead

I think he's only popular here because le funny accent man. I assume Ricky Gervais is the same thing, is he even big in the UK at all?

Some nu-male cuck faggot.

Blackadder is a fucking god-tier show and you should be ashamed.

Also white men are all evil and the true master race is black, brown and well-hung.
t. Sven

>Who even is this guy?

A flaming phaggot.

Blackadder is great, but you have to instruct everyone to start with season 2 or they're gonna drop it.

Here he is on a British Panel show

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0nx_OQa2A&feature=youtu.be&t=12m40s

Seems not like he changed much. More like he realized that america was a better audience for his "comedy"

Most Brits didn't know who he was until Americans made him a 'star'

He was a failed comedian in the UK, moved to US where his dumb shit was acceptable.

Like I said, silly British accent instantly doubles your comical performance here unfortunately.

He's the man that encouraged our God Emperor to his rightful throne.

cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/07/john-oliver-2013-donald-trump-joke-regret-bpb-orig.cnn

Brits aren't exactly known for their sense of humour.

We're renowned for our humour. I'll admit that John Oliver is anything but funny, however.

He's an American who happened to grow up in Britain and uses the accent he attained from it to give him some sort of credibility with American audiences to spread cuckoldry.

His humour is also dumb, so he doesn't do well here.

He just stole Ben Elton' s Thatcher routine, to use on Trump. He is not a British comedian, he's a comedian who happens to be British. Unknown here.

American humor is so shit they are basically recycling british rejects.
Pretty sad desu.

Take that back

I think John Oliver is pretty funny. He has the same problem as Trevor Noah where he wants every other word to be adlibbed humor but then he wants everyone to respect him like he's Jon Stewart. (Raging liberal here if that wasn't already obvious)

Leafs aren't known.

>original air date 05/06/2005

fuck off maple nigger

Jon Leibowitz from the tribe of perpetual foreigners went abroad to find more America haters.

Brits have great dry humor. Oliver became famous because of the Daily Show and half this country thinks they're in the presence of royalty when they hear an English accent.

Pretty much this.

Low-information people think if something is said in a British accent, it automatically is "learned". If they crack a joke in Limey speak, people laugh, even if they don't understand it.