Trump executive orders

What's with Trump signing all these executive orders? Is it common practice for newly elected presidents?

Wasn't one of the main arguments against Obama that he acted like a dictator with all his executive orders and bypassing congress?

What am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=83_l3o2jSkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hes wiping away obamas legacy and it's great.

Couldn't Congress just make an executive order permanent at a later time?

Russian Squat!

What about the precedent he sets/continues.

Soon you'll have presidents doing basically nothing but executive orders.

I think Obama made changes with executive orders so the only way to revert them is with executive orders.

May be wrong tho

trump is a good dictator, obama is a bad one.

It works well for Trump because those orders are going to be replaced with similar laws and he's basically starting them early.
He has cooperation with congress for a lot of shit.

you wouldn't want to sit on a dirty toilet
you have to wipe it clean first

"Executive Orders" supposedly are limited to what the law allows for them. There are laws Congress has passed stating that the president may make executive orders pertaining to x, y, and z.

Obama made executive orders that Congress never allowed and which were unconstitutional.

Now, another thing about EOs is that they may be overridden by later EOs, so every new president starts out by overriding/discarding the previous president's EOs that they don't like.

What's that supposed to mean

obama expanded the powers of the presidency to that of an electable dictator. trump is just using the tools available to him

You can fault Obama for that. The difference is that Trump has support of congress and the house, so really it's just faster this way. The issue is when you don't have support and use it to power through other democratic institutions like Obama did.

I see what you did there, India.

you would know that if you used toilets instead of pooing in loo

Obama set the precedent and now lefties are seeing what happens when they play with fire

They need to stop with this Executive Order bullshit. Congress needs to reign it in or get rid of the things.

Essentially yes, but at the same time another Congress could amend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=83_l3o2jSkY

>you would know that if you used toilets instead of pooing in loo

A loo is a toilet.

nice

>What's that supposed to mean.
toi¦let
[ˈtɔJlJt]
NOUN

a fixed receptacle into which a person may urinate or defecate, typically consisting of a large bowl connected to a system for flushing away the waste into a sewer:

to undo an executive order you need an executive order afaik

No it's not normal, though given Congress doing less than usual there has been a lot of executive actions taken the last four years.

Well if Repubs win more seats in two years, they can rewrite the Constitution, anything could happen.

Truth, though to be fair both sides have been creating new powers for the government without consideration of how the other party would use them once they get into power

Obama signed a lot of exeutive orders, only to have them undone by executive order. The precedent of using executive orders to undo previous ones will be undone if the next president is republican as well. By that i mean if the next person who takes office republican, not necessarliy a second Trump term in 2020. That's why Obama campaigned so hard for Shillary, he knew his legacy would be undone so easily if Trump won.

>May be wrong tho

Didn't stop you.

It doesn't take a constitutional amendment to get rid of executive orders, it just takes a regular law since they were allowed by regular law.

Pajeet shits in the street

Strong lack of understanding of EO's in here. EO's only apply to the executive branch - they dictate how the executive branch operates. They do not create or nullify any laws which directly limit the population, and it is completely within the president's power (his entire job, in fact) to manage the executive branch.

>Graduating college this semester
>Had an agreement to get a job with the government (DOJ)
>Now hiring is frozen for those seeking federal jobs.

t-thanks Trump...

Good get an actual productive job
If you really want to suck some bureaucratic cock then work for some DC think tank or something

>Wasn't one of the main arguments against Obama that he acted like a dictator with all his executive orders and bypassing congress?
>What am I missing?

>what am I missing?
The lot of trumpfag jizz guzzlers who are not different than obamabots when it comes to hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance

Dictators are cool when they agree with ME

No it's not common for this to happen.

The thing is he has to in order to get things running properly the next 4 years.
Obummer really fucked things up with all the executive orders he passed. Trump is trying to stop them from doing anymore damage while he is in office.

Also congress, and the house is red right now. He doesn't need executive orders. This is just the fastest way to do it.
It's funny cause he's been President only a couple days, and has already pretty much destroyed Obamas legacy. It's glorious.

t. (you)

The heels aren't touching the ground, that is a Western spy.

Look at it this way, he might accidentally sign an EO making H1 NBs illegal and opening up there.
You know, like if Russia hacks the printer and has it swap out for some useful legislation.

In that case, that'd be good. But as you put it, he MIGHT.

Last time I checked, FBI user helped us out. Imagine Trump now making it so other FBI anons can't become a thing.

I very much doubt that the shit he passed using executive orders demands such a short timeframe in order to justify using executive orders, if there's no resistance in Congress I don't see why backing out of deals like TPP (which aren't even active yet) using an executive order sounds logical.

Looks like you're just indulging in mental gymnastics

Our media has been shilling how he uses EOs so hard. It's almost like they just discovered those were a thing. All media sites have a reading section dedicated to Trump bashing. And then they act proud when they survey us and 85% are against him. Wonder why with 20 daily articles shitting on his every move, and people here not otherwise following US politics.

Its more fun when you consider how this happened last time and people wanted to retire and their jobs replaced.

But of course shrink the humans, got to keep more money flowing to the contractors.
You know, its funny how a black man can figure out a budget that actually passes economic and practical review and actually fixes things, while crackas got to keep going "if I ignore it and keep playing with the mess, it will go away"

>this is what wannabe welfare queens think people who think they should get real jobs look like
you will get crushed like a cockroach

Almost English level bands there, good work

Why are federal jobs bad? So the DoD is bad?

Is SoD Matthis bad?

Is Tillerson bad? Because he works at the STATE department which is a FEDERAL job which trump signed an EO to freeze hiring?

You can praise Trump on everything. I applaud that he got us out of TPP, but for upcoming adults looking into working FOR the government, now they have to wait longer?

>mfw I see the flag

"Other Presidents"

10/10

Fuck executive orders, they are not made for this purpose. The Executive Branch is supposed to fix shit like "the new post building is gonna be red and have 4 cashiers".
that is what it is for, the amercian system is built on gridlock, it is supposed to be a clear majority for something to happen. Not 51% one election

>Dictators are cool when they agree with ME

That's the whole point of democracy you retard, trying to get "your" dictator into office.

>mexican intellectuals

Ur a gud guy idnia

>lol my 3 gorillion. not even tryin

Looks like you're a retard, and didn't do any research on what you're taking about, Paco.

Get your work boots out you're building a wall.

this is genuinely the only non shit tier post i saw from this flag

this. i dont like all of trumps policies and his cabinette choices, but so far hes doing an awesome job in driving everything of obama into the dirt. almost tired of winning already to be honest desu

What EOs did he sign that needed to be pushed out in such a rush?

Obamacare may be the only one that makes sense

not sure if troll or serious, but if its a troll 7/11, would reply again

Nobody cares about you though