All of Reddit and the lefties are saying TPP was actually a good thing if you read more about it

>all of Reddit and the lefties are saying TPP was actually a good thing if you read more about it

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5poxjt/donald_trump_to_sign_executive_order_signalling/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how predictable was that?

for years they beat off about how bad it is

Trump quashes it (or whatever the fuck happened)

It MUST HAVE BEEN GOOD!

Democracy for everyone was a mistake. They just latch on to a party like a sports team

Are they also a fan of goldman sachs now?

It all depends on how you want your labor mix to be. It would drive higher GDP but lessen jobs, allowing capitalists with overseas labor forces to make lots of money.

hahaha they were all against it. what a fucking mindset. to be easily manipulated like that. fucking christ.

post a link?

Sounds just like what Bernouts should want

>politics is now solely dedicated to debasing themselves.

There was also a very short period where they argued that TTIP collapsed because of multiple years of protest by left wingers, not by the fact that Trump just happened to be elected just then.

suuuure

Actually Bernouts have been talking shit about it for a long time.

Sanders was one of the few democrats to come out against it. He's actually alright when it comes to protecting labor through bogus trade deals. He's been talking about tariffs for decades.

Herro yotsuba channeru, I see you arr having the misconcepshon that TPP is bad. This is rearry bad opinion, TPP is actuarry extremuri deepu, emotionarr story and gamepuray. You wourd understand if you werent so retarded. As you can see I am norwegian aryan master race, so you shourd risten to me, I know this besto. Arso, prease stop posting pictures of stephanie joostens feet on yotsuba channeru, she is my waifu and this is very rude. Sankyuu.

tl;dr
>Hey goyim, do you want more jobs outsourced, do you want toxic produce being imported into Europe so they'll become fat and dumb just like you? Then vote TTP/TTiP and reap some profit at the expense of your soul and the health of future generations.

they supported hillary so yes apparently

Good. Very good. This will divide the Bernie fans.

In conflict with their patron saint Bernie Sanders

I just went to see if this is true and it actually isn't

I really liked the phantom pain though.

reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5poxjt/donald_trump_to_sign_executive_order_signalling/

>NAFTA is pretty crucial to the US economy. The TPP is good in the sense of giving the US alpha status in globalized world. Without it China can swoop in and claim that putting a ceiling on the US as far trade presence goes. There's a lot of misinformation and ignorance regarding how globalized trade works. It's very confusing.

>Trade deals are good for the economy. I think the US struggles with wealth redistribution. Voting Trump in won't fix that.

>No, it's not good. It's only good if you want to see China unseat the US as the global super power. The TPP was meant to contain China's economic growth, without it, more countries in Asia-Pacific will pivot towards China and they will economically outmuscle us in 30 years.

>Anti-trade economic illiteracy is surprisingly non-partisan. Bernie Sanders would have ripped up the TPP too. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.

>getting rid of net neutrality
>Good

they lack agency , then want someone who tell them what and when to tink.

>trump legalizes Marijuana
>OMG HE IS LITERALLY HITLER

>Reddit is kind of dumb. TPP would have extended our influence

>The honest truth (as I know it) was that TPP would cost us a few jobs but greatly extend our world influence. It was also designed to curb Chinese influence in South America.

>Exactly. China is going to negotiate trade deals with someone. It wouldn't have been a bad thing for that to be the US.

>Reddit progressives did what Reddit progressives do: latch onto a couple things in it they absolutely despise while completely ignoring the net good it would do, assume the worst case scenario will happen, and believe that since every single snowflake individual isn't included in the backdoor dealings that it must mean rampant government corruption is afoot. So now the legislation is the definition of evil to the Reddit progressive.

>Reddit progressive here, I've been in favor of TPP for long time in order to keep US influence in the Pacific. I've also been in favor of retraining the rust belt to take advantage of the new economy, rather than try to bring back jobs that will never come back. We want new jobs, not old jobs.

ttip destruction when?

I don't want cancerous american food here.

I'm a lefty and I don't like the TPP

Redditors are the most puppetlike demographic

>>On the other hand: the labor and environmental protections in it are very weak
>Spoken like somebody who has never read the TPP. The TPP has the most extensive environmental/labor protections of any free trade agreement in history. Why do you think those protections "are very weak?"
>>it's not clear that U.S. workers would really see all that much value.
>It would have increased GDP, wages, and full-time employment, as well as lowered prices for consumers. It also would have significantly benefited other countries like Vietnam.

>Congratulations activists: you helped defeat the secret plot to make the world a better place.
>Now, instead of a trade deal that protects worker's rights and has environmental protections, we get to see what China wants in the deal. My guess is worker's rights and environmental protections don't make the cut.

All of these comments are some of the top comments in the linked post

>Liberals and reddit suddenly cares about containing China and strengthening the American Empire through imperialistic corporations that overpower any individual

Strange these people become "The biggest meanest patriots ever" only when it benefits them.

hypocrite faggot cucks, nothing new

they are merkel-level of flip-flopping

Bernouts are still against it but a lot love it now:

But #She told them it was good. Why would #DankGrandma lie to people? Pokemon Go to the polls, kids! #HillaryClinton is the most millennial candidate ever so you should Pokemon Go™ to the polls now!

In other words, they've been taken in by Democrat Neoliberal propaganda that is the antithesis of the old left wing. Cuck or not, at least Bernie wasn't a corporate shill at the start until he endorsed Shillary