>supposedly military grade
>notice that extra garbage is being sent back with the encrypted data
>display as plain text
>its parts of the console log
>including plaintext password and encryption key
>breach was repeatable from remote access
Sup Forums WTF.

Easier to see in this picture

this is Sup Forums go to fucking int or something how many ppl here you expect to know shit about what the fuck your talking about

Bad code?
Not clearing a buffer before sending?

You should post this on Hacker News, along with more details.

WASH YOUR FINGERNAILS

also somebody forgot to null-terminate a string is what causes shit like this 10/10 times

Oh yea? And where to do you work?
Just curious. You know. For research.

How the fuck did I end up here? Since I'm here just let it just sink in that this is what the US military uses to secure communications.

n-nani

A raspberry pi 3?

well too be honest i dont even know what software youre using, or what the fuck youre breaking into to communicate or how youre doing whatever it is that youre doing..

im not the hacker known as Sup Forums, but yet, at the same time, i am

>What happens when hardware development is (((outsourced))) to Israel.

We get one free with every $150 plus order on digi key. I just need to rig something up real quick.

That is significantly more competence than I've come to expect from government agencies.

>(((encryption)))

If it ain't a one time pad, IT AIN'T FUCKING ENCRYPTION

t. purist

is this py on top of C or just py?

>notice that extra garbage is being sent back with the encrypted data

Do you have Wireshark going or something? What is intercepting the stream? What is the brand and model of the hardware modules?

I frequent Sup Forums, it was probably an oversight by the dev, or he was lazy, or both. Just fix the damned loophole and continue on with your day. No reason to circlejerk about it on Sup Forums or Sup Forums. We already know our security is shit, look at Hillary Clinton and John Podesta. P@ssword? Really?

Gonna neeed more details faggot.

Also maybe they used tee while testing it and forgot to take it out

Py on c. I need to test a bunch of these so I i did it to make my job a bit easier. Anyway I'm off to g now really don't know how I ended up here. Guess I was a little excited to post

>Cannot unsee fingernails.

that's what military grade means.

Didn't you hear that the nuclear launch code for 40 years was

? Didn't you know that, OP? Surely you knew that.

Link thread pls

I cant. That's the point its. Its supposed to be unbreakable encyption. Hence having it on completely different hardware. The things encased in resin for god sakes.

>testing hardware
in Sup Forums? fuck off CIA

what's wrong with your fingernails dude

Post up source codes or specs.

Do any of you really think I'm going to post a how to on hacking military hardware. USA, And fuck you

p@ssw0rd

Yeah but honestly if you got all the way to inputting the launch codes, you'd never guess that.

Bonus points for all the other number keys locking down the device.

You're the leaker we need

You said supposedly military grade.

Supposedly military grade != military hardware.

Hey man don't even joke about that. You could put his security clearance in jeopardy and he could lose his job.

Its so the clintons can sell secrets while feigning incompetance,

Its like leaving a classifed doc in a trashcan only for someone to pick it up after

We cracked the code! 4chat does it again!

I'm aware

But it looks like an overflow.

It's easy to stumble on, and it's easy for a ruskie spy to crack.

Military comms not written in python liar

And you idiotic Americans wonder why you've been hacked so many times by UK/China/RUS and others.

Useless, absolutely fucking useless, sort your shit out.

should I be reporting this post to the military?

Can't make much sense out of the code you have shown

Decryption is not occurring locally I assume

The keys being sent in plaintext with the decrypted data is not even something that would be useful for testing and debugging purposes

It has to be bad code

We have the same sort of high integrity standard in our economy. We sell buckets of dirt to Israel for a dollar then oops lol gold brick hidden in the bottom. Disgusting

Okay, this is the point in time where you open a service request with the hardware vendor. If you don't get satisfaction, get your legal department involved.

It's a NATSOC Log File relaying ILS Data to Protocol

You're welcome, retard.

- The LaughingGurl

I don't understand

Or you just configured it wrong

>being this wrong

Yes, yes, one time pads are unconditionally secure, but modern electronic cyrptographic techniques (SSL, PGP, etc) are more than computationally secure (for now) given enough entropy when creating your keys.

This.

Check your shit, m8

>python
>military
>security

I really, really, really, really wish I could just cry LARP and sage.

But, I can't...

Is it really that bad? I'm thinking of going into contracting when I graduate college.

While _technically_ you can write something in Python to process encrypted data produced by anything else, we are looking at performance problems.

>I'm thinking of going into contracting when I graduate college.
You'll want to join an existing contractor, or if you are feeling daring, take a shot at an SBIR.

t. code monkey that ports Python to C++ all day.

Also, sage for off topic (no offense).

>>Sup Forums

It's not that complicated...

Is it off topic if our military in fact uses shit tier security methods? Seems like a pretty big deal.

just leave, you fucking phone posters are killing this website

it is, actually, you just don't know enough about it to realize that. dunning kruger effect.

did it ever occur to you that it was intentionally misconfigured for the purposes of industrial espionage?

"military grade encryption" is a marketing term. every serious installation of telecom is accredited and tested by the nsa

take your consumer grade trash outta here

>encryption key is pair

Calling bullshit on this.

I meant the value is even and it's made of 13 hex digits.

These guys are right, this is just weak bait

It looks like he drew on them

why does everyone on Sup Forums beside me have fucked up looking thumbs when posting pictures?

Post thumb