Why don't we bring back gladiator fights?

I think social tensions would be much better if we solved our problems in the Coliseum!

Ok. You first.

if ancapistan existed, this would be possible you feggots who think ancap is only a mem

Dueling is a perfectly respectable means of dispute resolution.

Gladiatorial combat could help reduce the prison population of violent offenders.

Why not do it?

We should have the refugees duel in the arena and then we kill the winner anyway

That was literally what they forced slaves of war to do for hedonistic retards, not an ideal way for an aryan to spend his saturday. You would get killed. This is like people who took Fight Club too seriously. Not real man. Take boxing or something.

Because the Roman empire was using about 1/3 of all it's tax money to run them.

Fuck off and let me keep my money.

>white guy vs black guy
>white guy wins
>all the nonwhites in the crowd and watching on TV flip shit and call for a stop to gladiator fights
>meanwhile, they riot claiming white people have a historical advantage in gladiator duels

OR
>black guy wins
>every nonwhite flips shit and uses the outcome as proof that whites should be slaughtered for being inferior
>meanwhile, they riot claiming whites started gladiator combat to try and oppress nonwhites and thus they are showing their hatred for whites during the riots even though the black guy won

Obviously the state will supply criminals to fight and companies will pay to receive them and host them. The prisoners will have to choose to do it though otherwise cruel and unusual punishment.

That's basically UFC

>Dueling is a perfectly respectable means of dispute resolution.
Dueling fucking ravaged whole families of European aristos. It was a disaster.
Gladiators are plebs for a reason.

Right because only idiots and barbarians resolves problems with violence.

And only idiot right wingers believe this is the right solution.

Stronger man comes out on top, good for evolution.

We should bring back dueling too.

Right. I volunteer you to be first in the ring.

We should, and you know who should be involved? Refugees.

Here's how it'll play out.

There's 64 rounds. 20,000+ refugees dressed as gladiators at the Roman Colosseum. The very last person that survives to the end will be rewarded a house and citizenship... While the rest of the 19,999 are dead.

Make Colosseum Games Great Again.

I thought underground tournaments already exist

>all the alexander hamiltons

Well shit, just call me Aaron Burr at this point.

I would do it If I got payed for winning

>That's basically UFC
Uhuh. Cuz in a gladiator fight, a referee comes to stop the match once one of the guys gets a bit woozy.

Yeah, but in order to have highly functioning societies the social contract became stronger, so we can't just murder people for fun anymore

If it's voluntary who cares?

It just isn't in line with the modern ethical trajectory.

>Implying some youngest child pov cunt from a third world shit hole wouldn't fight to the death so his family can get a massive payout

WE WUZ ROMAN AND SHIT

>implying Rome wasn't a "highly functioning society".

>Coliseum
you know, it wasnt created by romans, before romans, ME civ build those places for battles

read the bible, sansom

I've thought about this before. What's stopping somebody from going to Somalia or somewhere with no rules and paying dirt poor niggers to fight to the death?

Agree, I think duels should be legal
Yeah, but a society so oppressive that forces people to fight to death for sustenance is not moral

Sure, they are were a highly functioning society for its time, but today Sup Forums would categorize a society in the levels of the romans to be a third world country shithole

>forces people to fight
Well, no. No-one is forcing him. He can happily work in a corn field for the rest of his life if he so chooses, if anything, he is being offered a way out.

It's barbaric and I faint at the sight of blood

You are totally serious