People are actually upset that Trump might privatize PBS

>people are actually upset that Trump might privatize PBS

Seriously guys, what if the free market can't sustain PBS? How will society flourish without This Old House?

I think the argument is: Look at TLC

They are also propaganda. Look all the PBS kids SJW brainwashing going on into 4 year olds.
>Be nice to everyone kids! You are so special!
>Now after they grown up
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At this point, doesn't YouTube and Patreon make more sense for PBS?

collateral damage

as long as npr sucks cocks in hell i could not give a flying fuck less

he'll probably let them be a non-profit and slowly take away their direct government funds if Shumer lets him.

you know, if you don't like that kind of programming you should support them and then tell them what sort of propaganda you'd like to see instead.

Who fucking cares. Nutshot for the liberals

Playboys

I do not have money you dumbwit. TV is a dying media anyways, would rather let my kids see some nigger gets his head chopped off and rapped than be brainwashed from some kike made cartoons.

In truth, it probably won't survive.

But the good shows will find new homes elsewhere, so nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If only they accepted advertising...

In all honesty, PBS has been shit since about 2005 or so when they ran out of good ideas. The only thing of value that's still there is Nature. But thats about it. PBS News hour has been on the decline for the past decade too, though id hate to see it go.

Because Mr. Rogers stood up for it against Congress and won.

That's why.

I disagreed with funding PBS even when Mr. Rogers was still on the air. Now that he's dead, I'm even more in favor of defunding them.

PBS are already a commercial network including full blown commercials.

However, better to spend tax dollars on PBS than NEA.

I miss being 6 coming home from school drinking mondos and watching Arthur on PBS. It'll be sad to see it go.

>mondos
my nigga

I'm sure that even if PBS goes under Arthur will get picked up by Nickelodeon or something.

Don't give a shit. Didn't watch it as a kid and don't plan on having cable when I have kids.

What the fuck is a "mondos"?

How old are you? Maybe it was a regional thing.

I always liked the caps of those drinks. They looked like the fighters from that Stargate movie.

I like some of the documentaries they air. But I wouldn't miss it either. Mostly just shit I fall asleep to.

>he doesn't have an antenna + channel master

I don't. There is literally nothing on network television that I want to watch or can't wait until it comes on a streaming service. Most TV is just awful.

Um, pbs kids is free on the antenna and waay better than nick jr and the disney channels, aside from giving my autist a hard on for hanaka because the cat on 'peg plus cat' is jewish, but the kid did pick up fractions and division from it. And sesame street is still awesome if overly sentimental.

A fucking relic of the past, you just put a name to a childhood memory... Thank you user!

I disagree, antenna is still bretty gud if you're in a urban area to get enough channels. I mostly watch PBS, NHK, and shit like Antenna TV/Cozy for retro shows.