1950's considered the glory years

>1950's considered the glory years
>the rich were taxed 91%

How do you explain this Sup Forums?

no internet

>How do you explain this Sup Forums?

what, you think the government just took 90% of their income?

WWII and patriotism

Why don't we just give everyone shitloads of money, that way everyone will be rich?!??!

no, I understand you're taxed at each rate by how much income you gain each tax year, and it goes up throughout the year. I also understand there were loopholes. Even with the adjusted rate, multi-millionaires back then (anyone that made over $100k a year then would be a millionaire today) were still giving more than 60% of their income to the government at least.

Really ? 91% ?

We have to return to that system, big taxes for the rich with a lot of loopholes, so everybody is happy. Once for believing they are smarter and the others for not knowing how dumb their are.

>avg wage in 1950 was $2700/year

>what is purchasing power

Because the US was one of the few countries not ravaged by war.
War amped our economy up so goddamn much it was near unstoppable.... for about 20 years. Keep in mind, people overly romanticize the 50s. Middle class today live a much better lifestyle than rich folks in the 50s. The poor in the 50s were horrifically downtrodden and, as of late, extreme poverty has nearly been eradicated.

Unemployment wasn't exactly too different from now. It's fluctuated a great deal. It was higher in 1950 and 1953 than it is now. (No thanks to king nigger). And do you think all those tax bucks were going to welfare? It was going to replenish the coffers after WWII. People bought MILLIONS in war bonds they wanted to get paid back for. All that money was spent after the inflated welfare system in 60s. This growth wouldn't happen in today's market and had nothing to do with high taxation on the wealthy.

if you actually think they paid 91% you crazy

>implying we wouldn't gladly pay absurd taxes if it meant living in a niggerfree society

tax rates were only about 5-10% lower for each bracket pre-WW2

Shit if I could live in 1950s America I'd let the tax man come around and fuck my wife

God why can't I live in a 1950s American suburb, marry my high school sweat heart have two beautiful kids and a dog

Go down south with the family to see uncle Bob, lynch a nigger together, catch uncle Bob abusing little Susie but it's OK since we all do it

Work in a office, wear nice comfy formal clothes, go to the bar listen to sports, go home beat my wife then fuck her in the ass wake up go to church since its Sunday

Truly Paradise

That's a good thing you autistic NEET gas yourself with a vengance

i think this about this every single day.
But i guess im happy with the timeline in which 1 man btfo the entire kike establishment

you think the rich actually paid their taxes at 90%

"90%"

Dude he is a kike stop kidding yourself. The asslicking at APAC, all his kids are Jews what more do you need? Should he wear kippa and recite the Torah in the oval office?

He's a kike but not a schmuck

Trump represent a faction of isolationist Jews who are not so attached to Israel. That's what most politics is in the west just factions of Jews wrestling for power

Please tell me your 1950s fantasies so I can be nostalgic for a time I never experienced

No one fucking paid 90%
t.student accountant

>Trump just blew up TPP, the single shittiest trade deal ever
>he's totally a kike desu senpai
Ok

I love you Americans you are the masters of deflection