I am right-wing but I do like punk

I am right-wing but I do like punk.

I also think the song 'Way Down the Line' is a red-pill in a nutshell.

youtube.com/watch?v=8i-8Poz8VcQ

So, can right-wing folks like punk or must they just ignore the lyrics and listen to the song?

Other urls found in this thread:

takimag.com/article/punk_rockers_make_good_conservatives_gavin_mcinnes/print#ixzz2dlrESsMV
youtube.com/watch?v=eDLBGTkLgow
youtube.com/watch?v=Lkr01bWJnM4
youtube.com/watch?v=e82PQyY1djI
youtube.com/watch?v=OGdzF00kBkg
youtube.com/watch?v=E99irS3Hn4E&t=747s
youtube.com/watch?v=h-x59ON5Q88
youtube.com/watch?v=FiqP0b77phs
youtube.com/watch?v=NuYA6j1Rt8I
youtube.com/watch?v=XHLJPTkQdGA
youtube.com/watch?v=XjuQFh5CFa8
youtube.com/watch?v=9PCbJejDX3o
youtube.com/watch?v=KpL7mVSM8QE
youtube.com/watch?v=jVokN8kq8dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G1hGJncI_QY
youtube.com/watch?v=g65tN9UWEy4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEdAQwNlVlTnVIsniBI25YUdHZVHRPBCL
youtube.com/watch?v=8X5e9thfWJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=xOdxREfzmlE
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1K_vJ3gcw
youtube.com/watch?v=tP_JTjY7_Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=j9xQv6F2nLU
youtube.com/watch?v=4iWrsZRA0ws
youtu.be/nq0PDrzIc7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

punk is dead, toothpaste

I like Reagan Youth's music but I hate their communist/ anarchist message. Plus the lead singer was a kike. Great drumming though. Descendants is pretty good too.

Long live to punk!

That is not the point shart

>right wing
>punk

That is an oxymoron.

takimag.com/article/punk_rockers_make_good_conservatives_gavin_mcinnes/print#ixzz2dlrESsMV

I know, I feel the same about Rage Against the Machine, I fucking hate their message but can't resist the solid construction of rock/hiphop in their songs.

How superficial am I :(

I literally don't have a problem listening to edgy punk music from the 80s because it was a different time anyway, I don't get triggered by people criticizing/mocking reagan and leftists weren't as cucked back then as they are now

Leftists suck the cock of government.
Punk is anarchist.
Anarchy is as far right as it gets.

it's just music
t. listens to punk

Give the song in the link a try, that song is spot on with my vision on most social problems today

tfw I remember when Offspring weren't faggots.

I think it all went down hill after Americana.

Ofc this is how I see it as well, but I was just wondering how Sup Forums thinks about the subject in matter

Yes but somehow a song like "Kill the President" is as left as it can be

what you mean is it was not a meme and you were not alive at the time.

it is all the same shit. what has changed is you are a part of the culture of outrage that is triggered by everything that is outside of your nostalgia fueled bubble.

that is not in glorious motherland

Punk is like atheism, faggotry or vaping. Most of them are not redpilled but there is nothing inherently prohibiting them from being so in it. Scene is simply crawling with leftists even if let's say Ramones were fairly conservative.

So then what is punk? |

Left or right? Or can't it be named all at once?

Listen to some RAC bands.

The Ramones are a republican band

This. I got to HIghField once and got sick in my stomach that between all cool concerts suddenly something promoting Antifa came in between.

Yet in the meantime Germans bought helmets as the ones in WW1 from a souvenier stand.

I've been involved in my local punk scene ever since I was a kid. I also used to be a full-blown commie.

I guess you just grew up, and that's fine. The refugee crisis, constant terror attacks, and general bullshit from the far-left changed alot.

I can guarantee you are not "right-wing" btw. Don't let Sup Forums fool you, politics is way more intricate then muh fascists and muh SJW's.

If you played that song while Onigger was president how would leftists have reacted?

Punk is irrelevant politically because to be anti-establishment can be too many things.

yeah that too, but even then I'm not a self identifying 'alt-righter' or white nationalist so I don't get triggered by leftists that much in the first place. I just think that the quality of acts of political activism has dropped because of the internet age if that makes sense

my brother, a (former) punk drummer, turned full SJW/antifa and absolutely hates punks now, like goes on giant rants about how much he despises it, partly because there is no diversity and only white males like it, and a lot of those white males say mean things or make holocaust jokes sometimes. "Nazipunks"

it's music genre, you can sing about any fuck you want

Right wing in the Netherlands differs from America, frietbroer

Furtheron I have grown up, but still like punk. I just do not like liberals.

also this

But some do push a political message in it, and I just doubt which side punk is on basically.

Depending per artist is the main conclusion?

Punk music can have a right wing message. The majority of it is pretty left wing though.

Johnny Ramone says punk is right wing

EDGY

Offspring isn't even Punk

this is Punk.
youtube.com/watch?v=eDLBGTkLgow

Jesus you guys are barely savable. I never ever met a person complaining somewhere to be too many white males other than a black Englishman who did nothing for school but complaining about school (and their 'racism')

Wtf man

Offspring were pretty redpilled back in the day. Not so much now.

It is so fucking weird, because he talks about how much he hates men and white people, while being both of those
Really sad to see him so cucked now, he changed a lot in just this past year

>Listening to Lefty Eastern USA/European based stereotypical punk

You'r a little babby

Watch this

You'r a litle babby

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=Lkr01bWJnM4
youtube.com/watch?v=e82PQyY1djI
youtube.com/watch?v=OGdzF00kBkg
youtube.com/watch?v=E99irS3Hn4E&t=747s
youtube.com/watch?v=h-x59ON5Q88

Crossover is thinking man's genre
youtube.com/watch?v=FiqP0b77phs

You realize that punk isn't left or liberal, right? It was formed in the wake of the failure of the hippies. I always thought they were anarchist and often with a right wing bent. They are non-conformist and not socially conservative, but still right wing.

Of course,
>punk is dead
and has become mainstream and often been adopted by leftists and nu-liberals.

punk is about going against the system

honestly going against the media and supporting trump as a major artist could be considered punk to me

I am not trying to be edgy, nor do I listen music just so other can find me cool or such.

Sorry Nederbroer

Punk is 萌え (moe-ehhh).

youtube.com/watch?v=NuYA6j1Rt8I

I wouldn't be able to stand him I'm afraid, no offense to you but how the fuck do you even keep up with a bro with such vision?

And what caused it? Is it the 'getting chicks being SJW' meme?

>I like Reagan Youth's music but I hate their communist/ anarchist message.
Holy shit.. it's 2017.. and you still haven't realized that their songs were fucking COMEDY / sarcasm.
WOW.. you really failed at being a punk.

>implying vaping is some how "blue pilled" or unaware of deliberate conspiracies by government enabled regulatory capture and infringement of the free market.

It is not a left or right thing. both sides are victims of Outrage Culture.
the left has SJW
the right has "alt-right" and religion nuts.
it is all the same shit. people who are triggered when someone has an opinion outside of their own.
the internet allowed for echo chambers to form. allowing people to think shit dont stick as along as it is their teams shit.

If you're going to listen to punk, listen to SoCal Punk/Trash

youtube.com/watch?v=XHLJPTkQdGA

>I am right-wing but I do like punk.
Out. Out of this website right the fuck now.

>offspring
thats not punk mate
take your lame ass pop punk shite to some tween normie party

I'll give it a try, thanks for the info

Someone needs to start up a right wing meme-punk band.

i am typing this with the lowest energy you gave me by having such low bait

The Offspring is red-pilled in my opinion. "Americana" is filled with songs about entitled SJW bitches, cucked white guys, no post-nafta economic hope, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=XjuQFh5CFa8

LONDON'S BURNING WITH 萌え NOW

>SoCal
why listen to the shitty hollywood version when Sac/NorCal punk exists.

Don't tell me what to do!

> t.

I don't talk with him very much anymore, but I am still facebook friends

His best friend since 1st grade changed his name from Drew to Anne. He feels the need to be the best 'ally' to the 'oppressed' minorities as he can.

Every branch of punk is just blackpilled/greenpilled useful idiots.

The one thing we can all agree on is that Offspring simply isn't punk.

punk is not my cup of tea, I'm a right-winger but I typically listen to techno and electronic music, like eurodance and europop.

Walla Walla might literally be about Dindus going to jail

I'm a street walking cheetah
With a heart full of napalm
I'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb
I am the world's forgotten boy
The one who searches and destroys

youtube.com/watch?v=9PCbJejDX3o

Wh.. Seriously?

We Dutch may complain once a while but I luckely have never encountered such type of guys. Damn.

Even when I was on a roadtrip going Hostel through Hostel I have met rational people with a normal vision to political cases. I only encountered 1 SJWF and he was bullied.

SorCal NorCal, just Western Punk in general is what I'm saying.

Then what is it according to your edgy standards

So you haven't heard of the Nazi punk movement?

im not baiting
pop punk is cancer

Idk what the first 3-4 Offspring Albums were if they werent punk

I do agree that American started to veer from that and they have not looked back since. And that was 1998.

My care is not in this thread, son

God save the queen
She ain't no human being
There is no future
In England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you

youtube.com/watch?v=KpL7mVSM8QE

I'm with you OP. Some punk is good, but now I see a lot of it as edgy garbage. Punk is what led me to question the State and the corporate media complex. That is what ultimately led me to understanding the Constitution and conservative philosophy. After watching fellow "Anarchists" in the streets on inauguration day I am disgusted. I want to start protests for "Not my anarchists".

Find the music you like, but don't make it your identity. Also, don't ask if you can listen to certain music. That sounds pathetic.

The greatest Punk band of all time and greatest American rock band ever

youtube.com/watch?v=jVokN8kq8dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G1hGJncI_QY
youtube.com/watch?v=g65tN9UWEy4

No, what is Offspring according to you is my question.

pop rock

here's a playlist of the whole album

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEdAQwNlVlTnVIsniBI25YUdHZVHRPBCL

some of them are new pop punk and even some non-punk like Nirvana

If I should listen to it did not came out quite as I had in mind. I meant how would Sup Forums per person deal with it.

Anyway, furtheron I agree with you

youtube.com/watch?v=8X5e9thfWJ0

My favorite punk band is redpilled as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=xOdxREfzmlE

Inshallah brother

youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1K_vJ3gcw

Punk and hardcore is better when it's just about trying to make your way in life without people bugging you. Good luck finding that nowadays though, everything has to be as inclusive as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=tP_JTjY7_Qg

youtube.com/watch?v=j9xQv6F2nLU

youtube.com/watch?v=4iWrsZRA0ws

Punk used to be enjoyed by both the right and the left, and it wasn't until recently that it's been completely overtaken by the left. I remember even 4-5 years ago when I used to go to shows and you would have the right wingers and military guys and the lefty artists and other types all in the same room. We came for the music and that's it. And it was okay, even fun, for both groups, until the left started declaring these venues a "safe space" and people had to stop using "harmful/offensive language". They then started pushing their agenda more and more and people started dropping out of the scene. We used to have a full house on the weekends, even if it was a non-name band, but now it's only like 8-10 people (the very last few times I went).
The basis for punk is the ability to release your anger, frustration, and pain in any medium you please. If it's screaming incoherently into a mike while a wage of noise crashes into the audience, then so be it. If it's playing/shredding until your fingers bleed, then so be it. If it's doing spoken word, then so be it.
So it's no supreme the left has officially killed any reminisce of punk for this generation or the next, due to the fact that they no longer allow true expression of feelings, opinions, or emotions.

Skullhead is good.

THIS is exactly my issue. I just wasn't able to mention it like you do.

So the left has once again killed something fun

>After watching fellow "Anarchists" in the streets on inauguration day I am disgusted. I want to start protests for "Not my anarchists".
I'm right there with you.

How many people and you guys smashed up ONE starbucks? Where are your priorities, lads?

All the real anarchists voted Trump

I like punk but I just don't ever.. EVER want to be put at one side with these libtards ruining shit when there is not even a single thread and just doing it for the likes on Instagrams or whatsoever.

I'd rather die.

The cultural left has a habit of infiltrating anything enjoyed by white men, taking it over, and then destroying it.
I find it very amusing that punks quickly fell to the SJWs while neckbearded gamers effectively fought back and destroyed the left in Gamergate.

FEAR is a legendary 'right wing' punk band. So are the Forgotten Rebels, many others.

Punk never used to be communist, it was only when fags like Epitaph showed up and started promoting shitty commie bands and Green-Anarchist commies appeared everywhere.

These days if I go to a show it's all green haired crusties wearing the same uniform, screaming about feminism and marxism it's pretty sad.

Nothing wrong with vaping, or at least with it as opposed to tobacco. Still a lot of vapers are insufferable faggots.

Calm your tits, texas.

kys retard

That's a better way of stating that.

Punk is an anti establishment theme of music. Punk of the 80s worked because it questioned the expected norms of the 80s which was this corporatist mentality.

I also see Hank Williams and Johnny Cash as punk. I also see Reggae as punk. If it envokes a mood of rebellion then it should be considered punk.

Remember, "Punk music" as it was formally known was coopted by music and clothing industry to make money and push an agenda. The most punk thing you can do is to question authority.

youtu.be/nq0PDrzIc7g

Imo the Hotelier are the best punk band these days. Great songs and interesting lyrics. I think the lead singer lives in a commune and opposes the police, and they have songs about gender dysphoria but I don't give a shit because the music is great

thats not punk

this is good but its postpunk

>So, can right-wing folks like punk or must they just ignore the lyrics and listen to the song?
right wing people are allowed to have individual thoughts, so they're allowed to like whatever they want. If you have to ask permission for listening to some type of music, you're probably too young to be on Sup Forums

so is gwen

But its much more visceral than your average punk band

I am not asking permission, it was a hypothetical statement that came out wrong.