Tech companies are buying land in New Zealand

>tech companies are buying land in New Zealand
>some tech company CEOs are getting NZ citizenship

Trump is going to destroy America's position as the tech giant.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfgate.com/news/article/New-Zealand-hoping-10867079.php
stuff.co.nz/business/88734658/wanaka-lifestyle-block-purchased-by-facebook-billionaire-peter-thiel-a-new-zealand-citizen
newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich
gizmodo.com.au/2017/01/peter-thiel-gains-new-zealand-citizenship-as-tech-elites-prep-for-doomsday/
web.archive.org/web/20021015035740/http://www.amug.org/~jthomas/watch.html
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7641182.stm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And 17x the normal amount of people are getting NZ citizenship

need a source

sfgate.com/news/article/New-Zealand-hoping-10867079.php

stuff.co.nz/business/88734658/wanaka-lifestyle-block-purchased-by-facebook-billionaire-peter-thiel-a-new-zealand-citizen

newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-rich

gizmodo.com.au/2017/01/peter-thiel-gains-new-zealand-citizenship-as-tech-elites-prep-for-doomsday/

There's random articles about random people and companies, since there isn't just one.

And Steve Wozniak, creator of the Apple computer, has Australian citizenship now.

I remember alex jones talking about this 2 years ago

>What is Silicon Valley
>What is Seattle
>What is Denver
Literally tech giant locations of the world

> rich tech giants are buying homes in NZ

>100 jobs looking to be recruited from United States and abroad

literally nothing

17,000+ people applied to be NZ citizens, 17x more than the usual amount.

That's not nothing. That's the bottom about to fall out from under something.

What will you say when your wife's son asks: Why didn't you invest in Australia, cunt?

Woz is a great guy but he hasn't been relevant since the creation of Apple Inc.
The best thing he's come up with on his own is a nixie tube wrist watch.

I don't disagree with you. But people know his name, and he still interacts with many tech giants, and when he thinks it's time to move then others in the industry might follow suit.

NZ doesn't even have enough room to compete with Silicon Valley. You need an entire city dedicated to warehouses, shipping, factories, etc. Get real kiwis...you are a meme

Don't forget Provo, Ft. Worth, and Austin

>on his own
no
web.archive.org/web/20021015035740/http://www.amug.org/~jthomas/watch.html
This guy did it in 2002.

"It's a geeky watch and I would have loved to have invented that. I would feel real good about it." -Steve Wozniak news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7641182.stm

The film industry has already widely used NZ for over a decade now. You shouldn't discount them as becoming a tech giant as well.

Because it protects people like kimdotcom

Make it fucking stop

We are already getting fucking SWARMED by chinks. I'd rather Americans but these are the cuck type.

We're already social justice enough in our government fuck

they use it for its scenery and because there are lots of unpopulated areas to film. literally nothing to do with competing in the tech sector.

Good. Maybe the price of rent will start dropping in the Bay Area and around California.

And yet the film industry itself is very established there. They're even filming stuff that just requires regular sets because they already have so much infrastructure in place for filmwork.

That kind of thing is a huge draw for the tech sector, because the two go hand in hand these days.

NZ pays them to do that though. It's easy to get businesses to move to you if you subsidize it, doesn't mean it's good for the country itself

That's the oldest trick in the book though. You encourage growth until it eventually brings in enough to sustain itself.

Given how much is filmed there nowdays, I'd say it's working.

Do you even know who Peter Thiel is? He literally campaigned for Trump and gave pro-Trump speeches.

FYI - Google is running off to NZ. Trump's admin is about to discover the depths of Obama's Admin with Google in spying on the American people. They house and employ about 17,000 people.

>non-issue
>unrelated non-issue
>GUYS, THIS IS TOTALLY GOING TO BE AN ISSUE!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Bloody hell, there are just too many faggots here today.

I found one.

Add in Madison, WI to the mix as well, becoming quite the tech hub here in the Midwest.

>that's not nothing

Yes, it literally is. That is nothing. Unless you have PRIME fucking utility, it's absolutely nothing.

>thousands of people moving to a country with a growing tech industry is nothing

Okay, kid, remind me to ask you some investment advice next. I'm sure you'll make me rich. Let me guess, something in Guam?