Obama's Accomplishments

I know we joke about him being a weak non-active president, but seriously, what the fuck did he do for 8 years? Off the top of my head, all I can think of is the ACA which failed horribly, the auto-company bailouts, and the "stimulus checks", but in the 4 days Trump has been president I can rattle off more things he's done than Obama has.

Other urls found in this thread:

whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/
washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2015/08/08/black-and-unarmed/?tid=a_inl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you probably care more about politics now that your guy is in than you did back then.

He spread war and supported “moderate rebels” who turned out to be ISIS.

But besides that, i can't think of anything he actually accomplished in his 8 years.

>what the fuck did he do for 8 years?
he made BLM come about and spread racism

i-i-i-i-okey doke

He bought a dog.

He filled out basketball brackets.

He went on talk shows a lot.

He's done a bunch of stuff, but it's clear Trump will undo it all by weeks end.

He took a few strokes off his golf game.

Ensured we'll never have a minority president again.

Only slightly.
I first started actually paying attention when he ran the first time, and wasn't suprised when he beat Mitt, but nothing remarkable stands out.

>bunch of stuff
Like what? I'm not being antagonistic, I'm genuinely curious and want sourceable answers.

he completely destroyed the DNC.

the civil War could not do to the DNC what Obama's leadership has done.

this may make him one of the best presidents of our time!

Thank You Obama!

He took a giant shit on the middle east

he didn't take it too seriously, also 99% of other countries said he was the best negotiator be it in trade agreements or military action

> Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth amid greatest recession

> Passed Wall Street Reform

> Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: In 2009, injected $62 billion in federal money (on top of $13.4 billion in loans from the Bush administration) into ailing GM and Chrysler in return for equity stakes and agreements for massive restructuring

>Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Which you guys might hate.

>Created Race to the Top: With funds from stimulus, started $4.35 billion program of competitive grants to encourage and reward states for education reform.

>Created Conditions to Begin Closing Dirtiest Power Plants: New EPA restrictions on mercury and toxic pollution, issued in December 2011, likely to lead to the closing of between sixty-eight and 231 of the nation’s oldest and dirtiest coal-fired power plants.

>Passed Credit Card Reforms: Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act (2009), which prohibits credit card companies from raising rates without advance notification, mandates a grace period on interest rate increases, and strictly limits overdraft and other fees.

> Improved Food Safety System: In 2011, signed FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which boosts the Food and Drug Administration’s budget by $1.4 billion and expands its regulatory responsibilities to include increasing number of food inspections, issuing direct food recalls, and reviewing the current food safety practices of countries importing products into America.

>Expanded Stem Cell Research: In 2009, eliminated the Bush-era restrictions on embryonic stem cell research, which shows promise in treating spinal injuries, among many other areas.

Fucked up things here and there.

these are his best?

credit cards?

damn it he really did not accomplish shit

Not much, really

He wasn't a president. He was a news anchor.

I never said they were the best. I said he did a bunch of stuff. There are loads more.

whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

That's not much for eight years, you know...

He highlighted the stereotype that when niggers move in, the neighborhood goes to shit.

You are retarded. Read

Aside from the vague "Wall Street Reform", that's only 8 accomplishments.

8 accomplishments in 8 years.

I know the president is mostly a figurehead, but holy shit.

Obama left office with perhaps the highest approval ratings of a modern President BECAUSE he did nothing for 8 years.

And reading the source code on the page shows a list of 44 items, many of which are non-actions like "First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality".

Assuming they're all good, thats barely a thing every 3 months or so.

Obama was a great prezident especialy for us women. He took women issues seriously and you could feel that european leaders took insipration from his progressivness, now when you elected that orange women hater i am a little bit scared for my basic rights. it just feels wrong and i am realizing how jews felt during holocaust now.

Cash 4 clunkers
Obamaphones
Arming ISISL

dropped over 20,000 bombs in 2016 alone

>still believes approval ratings

Lets not forget the law that btfo Antifa

don't forget cash for clunkers too

The best for them.

He governed imperially, race baited like the best, said americans could keep their doctors and then kekd, caused the arab spring and the mostly failed Catholic spring, murdered people without process all around the world using drones, "guided" the middle east through the shit he caused with the arab spring (FUCK Lybia and Egypt in particular), stood and watched while What would become the ISIS took all those nonexistant Iraqui chemical weapons, race baited some more, "progressed" the world by letting psych ward patient use the bathroom of the sex they believe they are today, stood and watched while his healthcare reform raised the price of healthcare for most american citizen, clarified many way That he doesn't give a shit about your Religion, convinctions or the life of the umborn because If he decides something is a right it is so and many such things.

He did all this by centralizing Power on himself and the federal government, thus setting precedence for Trump to do the exact same.

>race baited like the best
By doing what?

blm happened on it's own and zimmerman was the cause

the rest of what he wanted to do was all blocked due to congress, only thing he got passed them was Ocare and the rebs threw a fit that they lost, he wanted to do so much more but couldn't because of congress being in the way, but no congress doesn't exist it's all the pres's fault he couldn't do all that he wanted

he could've been a lot better if the congress wasn't in the way, oh well, now we have a pres that has the congress and the senate on his side he can do anything the US is screwed, and possibly the world since he wants everyone to have nukes, i keep asking this

but why do people endless defend trump? bet they'd defend nixon's watergate actions at this point, or cheer the guy who killed lincoln, seems like the only way you can win now is be bad or outright evil

>blm happened on it's own and zimmerman was the cause
Tray-tray dindu nuffin'

The media told you that Hillary was going to win. The media told you that Trump hates women.

Obama killed more muslims than all other presidents since World War 2, combined.

Obama eventually decided to kill Osama Bin Laden.

Obama got the majority of US troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama emptied Gitmo, leaving it with less than 40 out of 400 hardened enemies of the US.

Obama put over 1000 convicted black murderers back on the streets.

Obama cooked the books and redefined depressions so they'd only be called recessions, and redefined recessions to be called recoveries.

Obama stopped all science that didn't reinforce that humans are the only cause of global warming.

Obama stopped the growth of Isreal.

Obama helped Iran to guarantee it will be a nuclear armed country within 8 years.

Obama bought stock in gun manufactures, then drove up demand for guns by 900% while in office.

Obama bought 8 homes while in office, and the least expensive was sold for $880,000, and he didn't go in debt doing it. The man is a financial genius!

>thinly veiled shitpost

The Canadians are getting smarter

Why aren't they chanting about beaners then.

Well, he blew up some children with drones.

He was actually pretty active his first term.

He unironically did next to nothing his second term. Once he was elected a second time, he used the presidency to elevate his celebrity.

If I had a son, he would look like Treyvon.

You cannot be that retarded.

And I don't blame him either. I'd abuse that shit too, especially after putting up with 4 years of bullshit stress.

he was the start, but not the cause, to be honest, i say they're anger is somewhat justifiable, considering that they keep getting killed, the worst one yet that i heard of(need to read up and see what else has happen) was the guy in south CA who was having a seizure and was shot dead by the cops, at this rate, it's going to hit 1992( the Rodney King riots) levels of rage,but nation wide

the USA was better while JFK was in charge

It's more than Bush. In his 8 year Obama sponsored 137 bills.

>obama
literally who?

you forgot
>handed the sovereignty of internet to corporate interests.
and many other such cases.

He covertly installed his fellow puppet marxists throughout all the government agencies top-down. It will take at least a decade to root out all the subversives. All the regulations that were changed or implemented throughout his administration have damaged the country. Marxists play the long game.

>B-BUSH THOUGH

Fucking hell, user.

Ten times the drone strikes as Bush, doubled the national debt, gave the go ahead for nsa to share their info with fvi etc so yeah he did a lot. Fucking terrible President.

What do you can't me to compare him to Trump?

this

I feel like Obomber didn't do a lot. He was a mediocre president in my opinion.

Why didn't he legalize choom in his second term?

i'm not Canadian, i hate the cold and i'd be asleep instead of on the internet because of the cold

they have been for years(endlessly,mostly "they'll take our jobs")

is it bad to say we need a passive-aggressive pres? since people who are passive-aggressive are seen mostly as door mats?(at least that's what i've seen people say most of my life)

Cops kill whites at a higher rate.
Fix black on white crime before I care about police doing anything

and started the war that cause the USA's debt, that if simpson's is right again, trump will bankrupt the USA itself

Bump

1) ACA
2) Gay Marriage Legalized
3) Respected State's Rights when it came to Marijuana Reform, i.e., stopped raids on marijuana despensaries, and allowed CO and OR to have recreational marijuana. If you are in anyway conservative, you should think this is a good thing, as it reduces the size and scope of government. This is the only thing he did which I liked.
4) Net Neutrality - failed
5) TPP -failed
6) A whole host of regulations in the financial industry
7) Revitalized the American auto industry
8) Created a "Green Corps" which has been working towards building wind mills, solar panel fields, geothermal energy, funding of nuclear fusion, etc.
9) Enacted a law that required gas mileage standards and emission standards countrywide
10) Freed up trade with China
11) Russian sanctions
12) Destruction of Libya, Tunisia, and Syria, i.e., the so-called Arab Spring
13) Stiffened anti-tobacco laws
14) Increased the scope of hate crime laws and anti-discrimination laws
15) Attempted to enact safe gun laws. Failed miserably.
16) Partially simplified IRS laws.
17) Quantitative easing, which softened the blow of the '07-'09 recession.
18) Increased the national debt by $10 trillion.
19) Enacted laws which made school lunches more nutritious for suburban white people.

You haven't been paying attention bruh.
13)

You can sort of blame Bill Clinton for part of the debt. He was warned about the housing crisis could happen and did nothing.

Also want to point out l left out thing that don't really matter. Like Obamacare or EPA laws.

Not only that but many of these were first term accomplishments.

if i say a car salesman is the best negotiator it means i got a sweet ass deal, not the car company. you say that shit to make people feel good about the deal while you try to sprint away before anyone notices.. that shit isn't a compliment.

If I actually check the sources am I just going to find out he just signed it into law, or sponsored it, or took executive action? I have a feeling it's going to be a "everything good he did all by himself, but everything bad was actually because..." type of situation that both sides do

i read a new report of a teenager setting churches on fire and getting of pretty much scott free, i've seen reports of caucasian people doing stuff they shouldn't get away for or get worse punishments,and they don't

there was a guy who was running around with an automatic weapon(guess it was called "pizzagate"? not sure thats the right one) if he was african american he would've been shot dead

not sure what else i can say but, i did look what you said, got an article called "Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no."

that lead to this in the article, look if you want

washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2015/08/08/black-and-unarmed/?tid=a_inl

i'm mostly trying to stay somewhat passive-agrresive since i know people think diffrently from eachother most of the time

Basically this.

Obama did average domestic policy with some failure and some success.

But his foreign policy was an absolute trainwreck which is why leftist media rarely talks about it. His entire presidency can be summed up as "pretend to be the good guy at home while fucking everything up overseas". Either they ignore it, or try to somehow blame Bush for it even though Isis didn't gain significant power until 2014.

what a succsess that was

He pushed Trump to run and then successfully propelled our golden lion to victory despite the odds. Obama's masterful fuck up has been a great boon to the resurgent right wing, and we should thank him for that if nothing else.

>there was a guy who was running around with an automatic weapon(guess it was called "pizzagate" not sure if that's the right one)
stop typing like you're on Reddit

Truly the Jimmy Carter of our time

You just hate him because he's a Niggreo.

I have 3 words for you alt-right white supremacists Hitler lovers:

Osama Bin Laden

we need the UN to intervene soon, then again someone said that the UN couldn't do anything because of us funding or something like that

be a nigger.

you're trying too hard

He spearheaded the Dodd-Frank Act you fucking caveman

Really love how Obama thought faking Bin Laden's death would mean anything