At the Department of Energy...

>At the Department of Energy, it would roll back funding for nuclear physics and advanced scientific computing research to 2008 levels, eliminate the Office of Electricity, eliminate the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy and scrap the Office of Fossil Energy, which focuses on technologies to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts

Thank you alt right for proving why we as a species are doomed to fail. Time to start learning mandarin if you guys hope to get a research career.

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
wsj.com/articles/clinton-foundation-defends-acceptance-of-foreign-donations-1424302856
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you need them to do the research?

The equipment and materials are very expensive because they are not mass produced and require very niche and expert resources.

My ex worked in a bioengineering lab, and it was very common to write multi-million dollar grant proposals in order to be able to afford buying basic supplies (specialized microscope, chemical supplies, etc.).

If these national organizations cut funding, then there is no money for professors to do research. They won't be able to afford supplies.

Not only will scientists leave the country, but people thinking about studying in America might not be as enticed to do their research in the states.

I am seriously thinking about leaving the country after one or two years. We will see how bad this term gets.

this is so fucked. all so some rig pig or dumb hick can keep his oil job. thanks for setting us back republiCONS, you fucking retards.

Meanwhile, in reality, this just got submitted for approval.

>H.R. 590: Advanced Nuclear Technology Development Act of 2017
>A bill to foster civilian research and development of advanced nuclear energy technologies and enhance the licensing and commercial deployment of such technologies.

They want to push through legislature that will dramatically cut the red tape for private companies funding and building nuclear power and research facilities and make it easier for the private sector to market commercially viable nuclear technology.

There's also a half dozen space and science bills submitted or in the process of submission as of this week.

Don't forget guys, two-thirds of the major research and engineering labs in the country are in red states.

It's more about consolidating than eliminating. Research will still be done, only there won't be 100 departments with 100 department leaders &100's of unnecessary staff which ultimately hampers effective research from being done. We need efficiency.

yeah okay, when he asks for the names of people doing climate research for a stalinist purge I'm a little skeptical that it's just about "reorganizing"

Trump supporters will do any amount of mental gymnastics to justify this shit.

If anything, cutting all the fat and red tape means the actual amount that gets spent on research will either be unchanged or slightly better.

i've seen first hand the """research""" that university labs do and it's dogshit. research done by national labs is far higher quality, and far more cost effective as the labs have technicians on the payroll to service and maintain the expensive equipment, not to mention the equipment itself.

Maybe if we kick a few libtard professors out of our universities there'll be room for more researchers & etc.

The fuck are doing in a /sci/ if you have to ask that question. Research is expensive as fuck and needs to be given a loose leash, if any leash, in order for it to have max potential. Industry work 90% of the time is only focused on minor shit like how can we increase battery life for our phones. Industry tries to minimize risk but the hard fucking truth is some of our biggest accomplishments weren't set in stone shit. It was like crossing an uncharted ocean. Big deal shit like genome editing or fusion has to be goverment funded.

Do we really need four separate, fully staffed offices to deal exclusively with climate change-related regulatory actions?

>Industry work 90% of the time is only focused on minor shit like how can we increase battery life for our phones.
lmao

you're in for a surprise once you graduate high school and see what is actually researched in most university labs.

This this this this. If you really want to make a positive influence on research funding, gut the programs dumping millions into stupid sociology and gender studies """research"""

Do you really expect me to buy that it's just "reorganizing" when Trump and his cabinet have repeatedly stated they do not believe in the theory of AGW?

How naive do you think we are?

Libtards over exaggerate 'global warming' causes and cherry pick scientists to push their agenda. It's about time they are challenged.

Jesus christ what the fuck are you even doing on this board. Go back to your echo chamber Sup Forums

Most of the professors are researchers. The researchers are required to lecture as part of their position.

You obviously didn't watch the Senate Confirmation Hearings. Get off CNN and educate yourself about the truth. CNN is akin to getting information from the National Enquirer

>Get off CNN and educate yourself about the truth
Fuck off Sup Forums

How about reacting to what actually happens instead of what you think or expect to happen?

If Trump ends up outright dissolving shit like the EPA, then by all means feel free to lose your shit. But until then it's all just so much "sky is falling" talk.

You have a pretty intense way of wording your opinions.

Well, most grants are not written for the million dollar range. Maybe only some of the best labs.

My ex was doing work for the army core of engineers, so maybe that is why the grants were for a little more $$$.

>CNN is akin to getting information from the National Enquirer
It's funny because the National Enquirer is unashamedly pro Trump.

The dude literally is quoted as saying global warming is a hoax by china. The dude literally put fourth plans to defund a fuckton of environmental work and he's only been in office for 3 days. Please just fuck off to Sup Forums.

holy fuck

bunch of cave people

Underrated post.

In the 70's & 80's Libtards were screaming about how Florida and NYC would be under water by 2000 because 'muh scientists say so'

Well....what happened?

That's the point you retard.

all these closeminded leftists who have nothing else to say than 'fuck off back to Sup Forums' need to be banned already, its worse than the 'go back to rebbit' crowd

>Libtards
filtered

>The dude literally is quoted as saying global warming is a hoax by china.
To be fair, the man basically says whatever random shit pops into his touped head.

That doesn't mean he acts on it.

I may not like the man, but I'll continue to judge him the same way I just everyone else - on his actions, not his words.

We have the internet largely thanks to public funding. Many of the most innovative things you can think of were the result of government-funded research. But no, keep reading your Ayn Rand fairytales about the great John Galt.

Fuck off back to retard

>closeminded
When will right wing hicks learn to spell?

>I may not like the man
yeah right you have all the signs of a trump nutgargler

Fuck off back to your containment board now

Right?
They aren't very tolerant of people with different views. Not very inclusive at all.

So you don't have an answer huh???

You only know what's been spoon fed to you. sad. Many such cases.

To be fair, neither is the Right. Ya'll both a bunch of shit slingers. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what's actually happening, and the lot of you are just insulting each other.

>on his actions

Does the action of him putting forth a plan to defund a significant amount of shit not count as action?

>???
don't care

says the guy who believes everything his bull Trump says on twitter

Hero worshiping cuck fagg, kill yourself.

He's also on record saying this:

> Though there are increasing demands to curtail spending and to balance the federal budget, we must make the commitment to invest in science, engineering, healthcare and other areas that will make the lives of Americans better, safer and more prosperous.

That's it. It's a cult of personality. Trump won on name recognition alone.
>HE WAS IN MY TEEVEE STORIES!
>I LOVE THE LEADER!

Lol.

You can't argue on facts so you resort to name calling. Are you like 6?

>"LIBTARDS ARE SO STUPID HURR"
>WOW LIBTARDS CAN ONLY NAME CALL WTF THEY HURT MY BRAINLET FEELINGS ;_;

Kill yourself you mong.

don't care

Not if it doesn't significantly impact the actual research being done.

Again - despite what people are reading into here or assuming he's going to do, all that's been proposed up to this point is consolidating a lot of redundant offices and dead weight, not cutting actual research funding.

Until such time as something like that actually happens - there's no point in losing our collective shit.

>it would roll back funding for nuclear physics

Wonderful.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT

>>research done by national labs is far higher quality
and that's exactly what he's defunding

>and that's exactly what he's defunding
No, he's not.

Consolidating a bunch of regulatory offices that all do basically the same shit already is not "defunding national labs" and more than a university laying off a secretary or janitor who works at the physics building is "dissolving the physics department"

Americans need jobs first. Then we can worry about the nuclear physics.

>China will somehow overt take the US in research
Yea right. If the US stops research, so will they

It's too late to save the environment anyway

Isn't unemployment at like 5%? That actually on the good side of the spectrum. Yeah 0% is best but considering the fact the lowest its been since the 60's is 3% I think 5% is pretty dam good.

Doesn't seem like a job crisis to me.

Come up with something that actually needs doing and is more worthwhile than research then you dumb faggot.

We have an abundance of resources to spend on research which leads to new tech.

>Isn't unemployment at like 5%?
No

>Come up with something that actually needs doing and is more worthwhile than research then you dumb faggot.
Getting a job so I can eat and not die

you have to go back

you have to go back

The problem is it's not just "different views".
It's the same baseless retarded drivel, over and over and fucking over for years.
It's like if, for some strange reason, everyone in the neighborhood collectively but privately decided to get their dogs to shit on your lawn. Eventually, whenever you catch someone in the act you absolutely lose your shit at the dog owner, in a manner that seems way over the top to them.
It's cumulate.

Just double checked. overwhelming majority of sources, goverment or private ru, all say its around 5%.

For 2015, US expenditure energy and environment made up 1.17%, science 0.78%, and education made up 2.67%. No one is going hungry because those pennies that are going to those small percentages. Literally please fuck off you mental gymnast. You are ruining any hope humanity has of longevity.

>No

Yes.

bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

*cumulative, obviously.
It's like 4.7%, a fair chunk of which is structural. Great rebuttal though.
A healthy economy tends to have around 4-5% unemployment. 0% is both unprecedented and undesirable.

Its amazing how the first thing anyone around here does is take the humanity away and replace it with a label. Those people who are keeping their jobs ha e families, lives, pets, you name it. They are americans, your politically fucked agenda to protect an industry that is owned by the fucking rockefellers is a reason you liberals have lost your audience. If you change the tone to whom you speak to, perhaps treat them as individuals instead of the identity youve given them without meeting them then you probably wouldnt be in the situation politically your in now.

the left is too busy virtue signalling to actually care about real people

Is that the liberal version of dick waving?
Excwpt ther guy with the bigger virtue gets to watch his gf get reamed and be smug?

>Is that the liberal version of dick waving?
basically, except instead of waving your dick you wave your "sympathy" for minorities who make up 1% of 1% of the population, and shit on the white christians who run the country while loving islam for some reason

>Its amazing how the first thing anyone around here does is take the humanity away and replace it with a label
>you liberals
Give it a rest, you hypocrite.

China is the biggest investor of green energy in the world. Westerners are still disillusioned of China and imagine it to be a big factory. Arrogance doesn't get far but anyone who is interested in going to CN to research in basically anything is gonna have a helluva time.

they gave up the right to be considered human/an individual when they got in bed with russia.

what about when the left got in bed with saudi arabia?

>what about when the left got in bed with saudi arabia?

whataboutism, also didn't happen, saudi arabia became an ally to the US during nixon's tenure.

'we were already allies' is no excuse

any woman who voted for shillary as some sort of 'woman's candidate' while she takes billions from saudi arabia where women are stoned daily can not claim to actually support women's rights

what's wrong with russia anyway?

>'we were already allies' is no excuse

it's not an excuse, there is no such thing as making excuses for something that didn't happen.

>while she takes billions from saudi arabia

[citation needed]

>what's wrong with russia anyway?

there's a ton wrong with russia, but most importantly nobody should want their country's leader to have their policy informed solely by the russian government under threat of blackmail.

wsj.com/articles/clinton-foundation-defends-acceptance-of-foreign-donations-1424302856

>The United Arab Emirates, a first-time donor, gave between $1 million and $5 million, 2014 according to disclosures on an online Clinton Foundation database.

>Saudi Arabia, a previous donor, has given between $10 million and $25 million since the foundation’s creation. An unspecified portion of the money came in 2014.

how is a government donating to a charity that uses the clinton name in any way the same as a hostile government directly influencing the president?

russia is not hostile to trump's USA, only to obama's USA which is thankfully now gone

also russia does not 'directly influence' Trump, the entire fake dossier has been debunked

how much money has russia given to Trump?

lesser of two evils. better than turning into africa

>hostile government directly influencing the president?
Kek! He fell for the fake news

US has been an African-like warmongering state since 1945.

Wow NICE! If I had know I might have voted for him.

I thought telling it like what it is what you want? we have to be politically correct now?

This

Trump is cutting regulations left and right.

This will incentivize the private sector to invest in science more

Trump is making science great again

Expect to see a big nuclear power boom because the only thing that stopped it was regulation
Fucking NRC jews

He's doing too many things too fast, the idea according to the link is to cut the federal budget by 10 trillion in 10 years. But this falls under the assumption that he will be able to successfully stay in the office for 8 years (which is not a guarantee, he can either fail to get re-elected or pass away within those 8 years since he's 70).

So instead of being logical, understanding the fragility of his situation and trying to focus his efforts on one or two major things (i.e. fix healthcare possibly social security and regulate immigration) he is instead jungling multiple issues concerning subjects that arguably neither he nor any of his cabinet are qualified to deal with (i.e. budgets concerning federal research and the logistics of federal labor).

Mind you though, I'm not really surprised. I figured this would happen since he's trying to run the government like a oversized private business but I hope Sup Forums and the alt-right can one day learn to appreciate the ramifications that comes about when you elect people like this (i.e. individuals who lack awareness/knowledge of the autonomy of a government as big as the U.S.).

Leave this board

Hi OP feel free to go back to

>How is giving money to your charity bad?
How is leaving money under your door mat money laundry?

>oy vey the goys are running the country under budget and ahead of schedule

Occupy an oven you filthy kike

Not a very... Not a very good rebuttal user.

> The paper is not called The Jew York Times

What a waste.

>Just double checked. overwhelming majority of sources, goverment or private ru, all say its around 5%.
And how much of that is actually full time employment? Not part time or temp work?

REEEEEE GIVE ME MORE OF OTHER PEOPLES MONEY

t. /sci/

Dude the first thing Trump did after winning was to call Bibi. You guys really shot yourself in the foot by voting for him. Even liberals are more anti-semitic than you now.

After the Brexit, every single former coworker of mine who works in the UK started to make plans to move to mainland Europe. Now, a significant proportion of former coworkers who work in the US are planning to leave the US due to the current general anti-science sentiment spread by the Trump administration.

Soon scientists in Europe are gonna start complaining about dem foreigners takin' our jobs. But oh wait, we're not retarded. I foresee a new Renaissance era for European science, sparked by the influx of great minds.

Donald Trump is going to impose radical changes on the country... Why would he focus only on certain areas when EVERYTHING needs to be fixed

>But oh wait, we're not retarded.

When the EU dies and right wing governments come to power there, hopefully you lefties suffer as you deserve

Did anyone really expect otherwise?

I'm more interested in what Sup Forums will be like in a couple years from now. There's only so many rationalizations that someone can make.

0/10

why are you even on this board

Go ahead and flee to the third world counties you claim are so wonderful

because it's called /sjw/ ?
oh wait, thats why you're here.