I still have yet to choose a side on this whole Dakota Pipeline debacle. What are the facts?

I still have yet to choose a side on this whole Dakota Pipeline debacle. What are the facts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oeDZIyGkGNM
rt.com/news/374871-canada-oil-spill-pipeline/
democracynow.org/2016/9/4/dakota_access_pipeline_company_attacks_native
pharmaskeletons.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We need to get off Saudi oil.

the fact is libtards would rather the US be dependent on foreign oil than hurt some fee-fees

Get off Saudi Oil and then go in and clear out the middle east without worry.

Pros:
Create Jobs
End Saudi dominance on oil exports
More NA energy independence

Cons:
May possibly spill oil into a river that is adjacent to Injun lands (small chance)

Literally exists so that SJW's from Seattle can virtue signal about it.

i don't know the facts either. I think it has something to do with violating a treaty and the land belonging to natives. won't the pipeline be good for natives by giving them jobs with upkeep and patrolling and shit?

>20/hr for walking around your yard looking at a pipe

Hillary Clinton was for it

>being a sith scum

It pisses off libshits so I like it

Learn about the Hoover Dam, OP.

It already spilled up river.

Contributes to natural disaster as well as poisoning human life

It's illegal

Oil makes money. Plains natives that are transplants not originating in the Plains don't like it because "muh sacred ground" from another tribe unrelated to the transplants.

Oh, and it's Trump.

Becoming energy independent would improve the lives of all Americans, and The lives of radical peaceful Muslims living under orthodox Muslim terror.

more jobs, more oil, more money

basically grows the economy through industry, but u gotta build the industry somewhere; whether its mining coal, smelting steel, testing aircraft engines, in this case drilling oil.

idk, i guess it's sad a few birds and animals lose their homes due to massive pipelines; but theirs plenty of states that have been drilling for years.

shit we have nuclear test zones, wonder what good that does for the environment.

Dakota just hasn't unlocked its natural oil reserves yet, so places like Texas has been doing it for America for years, so people are worried we're gonna ruin the environment there because of drilling.

TL;DR:

>private land
>hundreds of rivers, lakes, estuaries, etc. are crossed every day by oil trains
>rate of failure for trains is 4-17x more often than pipelines
>asked natives to contribute in discussions
>natives refused to
>natives claimed burial grounds
>nope
>natives claimed heritage lands
>nope
>natives claimed land up river is theirs
>company changes where the pipeline is
>ensure natives get 0 payout
>protests ensue

To add
>389 Cultural Survey meetings held for the public by the USACE.
>180 filings were made by environmental, and civic groups in three states.
>9 meetings between Standing Rock Sioux Tribe (SRST) and USACE.
>2 comments are filed with the USACE by SRST (01-08-16 and 03-23-16).
>7 meetings proposed by USACE to adress the 2 comments by SRST.
>only a few meetings attended by Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.

In the years leading up to construction, the USACE, DA LLC, and the State Historical Society gave them opportunity to voice any concern they had. They didn't get involved after it was rerouted. They didn't do anything until they saw bulldozers.

and for the record NONE OF THIS IS HAPPENING ON THEIR LAND AT ALL

your assuming that the price of oil stays the same or goes up. if it goes down then none of those benefits happen

>muh younglings

thanks leaf. i was gonna post something similar. wish i had bookmarked the effortpost that had all the links to back this up.

>DAPL is announced
>All protocol is followed, anthropologists go across land to scout for artifacts, land is surveyed, communities are given time to make appeals and let concerns be known, in other words there's lots of scrutiny
>Natives are given this time too, make no appeals whatsoever
>DAPL will run adjacent to a pre-existing pipeline, can't remember if it's gas or petroleum
>DAPL does not run on native land, nor did anthropologists find any relics or burial sites
>Natives get pissy anyways because their leaders failed to make objections
>DAPL will run below the river and this is where the Army Corps of Engineers is involved

Here is a map. The natives think that the pipeline will affect their drinking water and also that the construction ruined sacred burial grounds. So far I haven't seen any evidence of this. I think the US govt also recently funded or will fund a water treatment plant that is not anywhere near the DAPL, but I could be mistaken.

Pic related: it's the map.

So the prarie niggers get less money for fire water, and that's why they're mad, essentially?

it's been only 4 days and it looks like he's aged 4 years. what happened

I don't know too much about the story, but as a civil engineer, the pipeline the safest (by orders of magnitude) and most efficient way (by orders of magnitude) to transfer petroleum great distances.

Trains can catch fire and explode, tankers can wreck, etc.

off by one

Who knows why they're mad? They don't have to have a reason to be mad.

Feelings and notions are enough.

What about terrorist attacks though? Is anyone talking about the national security angle here? Pipelines could become a huge target of we keep bringing Muslims in en masse

it won't have as much of an impact as the natives think, but it will have a bigger impact than the pipeline people think. overall it does more good than harm but if I lived there I wouldn't really want it.

>attacking the US

Wew

That entire project is supposed to be done before the oil flows, and it moved the intake i believe 20 miles down river, and has a couple million gallon reservoir as part of the project.

In the event of a spill there is plenty of time to close the intake and plenty of water in the tanks to keep the reservoir in fresh clean water until the oil passes by and it is safe to open the intake again.

Keystone XL creates 42,000 PERMANENT jobs though, thats good for job growth

Also, Rex Tillerson supports the Keystone XL project; so we should be willing to bet that it will improve rather than hinder

Pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=oeDZIyGkGNM
Really makes you think

When we start the INDIAN wars ???, I have a couple of Reservations around, (and I know where are the pretty females)

Put the oil through a pipeline or ship it by train. The outrage is just virtue signaling from the poor, white Indians.

the white "Indians" found an opportunity to be relevant again by performing their cultural heritage of refusing to negotiate then cry victimhood when they don't get enough handouts after the deal is over.

This sums it up nicely.

The US is in desperate need of upgrading its infrastructure

Of course. Naturally though lefty environmentalists think engineers do nothing but sit around with their thumbs up their asses all day.

I don't think any one of them realizes the extensive amount of planning that goes into these projects.

>Indian women
>pretty

pipelines are the greenest, safest and cheapest way to transport oil. if we don't build it, it'll be shipped by train and truck.

This:

Also: the center of the US is wicked secure m8. If anyone breaks through our coastal defenses the US government will probably already be close to surrender.

>It already spilled up river.

Proof?

The KeystoneXL pipeline will not increase production. The United States produces a lot of oil currently (#3 in the world, about 90% of what russia and saudi arabia produce), and the thing stopping us from being the biggest producer is the price of oil is currently too low. The price of oil is low because Saudi Arabia is flooding the market to protect their market share, and the Iran trade embargo was lifted allowing them to sell oil on the open market. Both of these factors have increased supply to the point that many american formations are too expensive to frack. The price of oil will go back up eventually but we have to wait for the middle east to run out of money and decrease their export numbers.

I'm not anti-keystone by any means. I've been employed in the oil industry for the last 3 years. But expecting production to increase when the pipeline is completed is dumb and reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of the forces at work here.

Taking this as true (and it sounds plausible, exactly the sort of situation where I would expect neo-marxists to show up and try to scare the indians into opposition) that's still really no excuse for the shit we saw done to the protesters. Did the neo-marxists infiltrate the sheriff's or did they over-react on their own?

Also see >In the event of a spill there is plenty of time to close the intake and plenty of water in the tanks to keep the reservoir in fresh clean water until the oil passes by and it is safe to open the intake again.

I'm thinking that if I lived in the potentially affected area I might well find that logic extremely alarming. "Well yeah, even if something bad happens, we probably outta be able to keep it from being TOOO bad."

Pipelines are good but so is common law protection of water rights, something the EPA has dangerously eroded.

He's talking about the recent spill in Canada.

rt.com/news/374871-canada-oil-spill-pipeline/

The only reason anyone cares is because the pipeline sits right above reservation land on the river so if it bursts the natives are fucked with bad water and have 0 recourse. If the USGOV were competent or trustworthy this wouldn't be an issue but Flint hasn't had clean water in over 2 years and the Gold King Spill proved that the Gov will chickenshit its way out of any lawsuits natives bring against them when shit goes south and the natives pay the price in bodies.

tl;dr the government sucks shit and doesn't help natives when their infrastructure plans blow up

The facts are that with the pipeline the USA is indepenant (THATS RIGHT FOLKS) on foriegn continental oil (FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER BEAUTIFUL HISTORY)

NO MORE BALKAN / ARAB / Middle-east Conflicts!

This only thing stopping us is the Natives which have been paid already and have agreed to everything before hand. They also have tax funded water filtration and treatment for their whole reservation.

Basically take-backsies

Price is low because of fracking.price aint going high any time soon.

smokem peace pipe.

yes, land for beads, yes.

Land for daughters? what, no!

Want land back! no want beads!

>The facts are that with the pipeline the USA is indepenant (THATS RIGHT FOLKS) on foriegn continental oil (FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER BEAUTIFUL HISTORY)
You're historically illiterate. Pennsylvania was once the world capital for crude oil production, not 150 years ago.

>that's still really no excuse for the shit we saw done to the protesters
What exactly do you mean by this? As far as I know the police have been running things by the book.

Cons of DAPL: It's honestly very petty. Just move it a tiny bit north and no one will care. I wouldn't mind if they moved the construction, there's no reason for it to be there.

Pros: It pisses of libshits and injuns.

This map

shows how the pipeline has been re-routed multiple times (the original path was much straighter) because of these natives.

REMINDER: This is all on federal owned land.
The rivers are federally owned.

a civilian cant collect water from a river.

Natives can because they live off the land but they were provided with a alternative before hand. they were warned in advance. look at how long its been in the building phase. They held it off till the pipe was at 92% to react. They knew months and months in advance.

make a fuss? WOW

Production will increase in Alberta, one of the costs of production is transporting it somewhere useful. A pipeline would make some more oil economical.

democracynow.org/2016/9/4/dakota_access_pipeline_company_attacks_native

he's working non fucking stop, unlike golfing partying king nigger

Their water source is being upgraded and will be taken from a different location. This was in the works before the pipeline and is an obligation of the federal government.

The change of a spill in the river is lower than anywhere else due to the extra precautions taken when crossing a river.

does that change the fact that is isnt now and that we are to the mercy of the arabians whom we defend with our military just for access?

The meme energy is starting to deplete, your shitty digits have not helped either, whitefriend.

Indians are pissed that they are not getting any money. They sold that worthless swamp for millions years ago. They already have gas lines that lay inside the territory that they get gibs from. They are super pissed the gas line went AROUND their territory. The company and Govt did all the due-diligence and Indians ignored everything.
Now the fun capitalist part comes in. Warren Buffet owns the railroads that all this crude is currently flowing in. He also owns all the newspapers in the region. Coincidence? Buffet is also best friends with Obama and probably Illuminati, but whatever. Newspapers stir up shit, Buffet gets his railway protected by hippies and environmentalists. Fucking brilliant.

Fact is we need the energy.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
BREAKING NEWS,
THIS JUST IN:

MARTIN SHKRELI STARTED A WEBPAGE
>pharmaskeletons.com/
HE USED HIS HOME PHONE ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AND EMAIL

PIC RELATED.
THIS CONCLUDES THIS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

So what.

fee fees will be hurt if its built.

Always side with Trump, if you need to know 'facts' before deciding who to support you are a traitor.

There was a Somali attack in Minnesota. There was an attack at Fort Hood. Nowhere is safe mate