RIP Science 1589-2017

RIP Science 1589-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/syr/en/mains2-2.html
ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/syr/en/spms3.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-AwNKQqLESc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's just a temporary thing while he reviews what these agencies are doing. Before he issued this order, they were spending their time tweeting anti-Trump memes.

fpbp

kek

Yeah, too bad these are GOVERNMENT FUCKING AGENCIES.
I don't know if you are aware, but President Donald Trump is head of the Executive Branch and the EPA and Department of Agriculture are federally funded, thus funded by the Executive Branch.

Fuck off.

They should get back to doing fucking science.

got an examples of the anti trump memes?

I'm curious to see

Yea that's great but post it again in a format that can actually be used to defend this. I.e. post some sources, some proofs, and write it in a way a libtard would understand

Fpbp lmao

You mean RIP prepaid narratives.

House of Reps controls the money, dingleberry

Maybe government scientists should be spending time doing fucking science funded handsomely by the Federal Government instead of fucking tweeting like teenagers.

AMERICAN NATIONALISM IS ON THE RISE.

Which falls under the Executive Branch.

(((Science))) wake up sheeple stop worshipping a jew on a stick and whip out your pagan runes and bow to Odin

>liberals caring about ((((science))))

You want science? It's scientifically provable that Jesus is the one true god

>leaf

do liberals listen to science when it comes to how many genders there are?

What are the duties of a government scientist?

>Dat pic
Richard (((Spencer))) looks like a retarded ballerina in that pic tbhfam. Always makes me giggle. Dude got btfo by a literal shit-eater. BAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!

Good. I think it's rude to disrespect the president. Ultimately it has a negative impact on citizens when the president has to deal with smoothing this crap over.

Preparing an experiment for a conference at the end of this year in Boston. Hoping to network and find a new place to work.

Wrong. House of Reps and Senate are the Legislative Branch. They do control the purse strings...

However, the president can veto spending bills that Congress passes. The Federal Bureaucracy is also administered by POTUS; they essentially have to obey him. In that regard, he has much more control over the EPA and other agencies than congress does including the ability to roll back regulations (ie: "legislation" that congress never voted for).

Obama opened a pandora's box and set a precedent when he refused to enforce federal law. The Democrats didn't think that one through.

the shitposts in question

Tough shit,nerd.

Does this mean black scientist Neil will starve?????

I don't get whats controversial about this

>EPA
>scientists
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Pretty much. None of that is the Parks Service's responsibility.

When they tweet, it isn't for free, either.

These liberal scientists are getting paid with taxpayer money to tweet on twitter.

It's off topic for a national park service. They are being passive aggressive and political. Not their job.

The parks service is paid to maintain national parks and monuments, not to shitpost about global warming on twitter.

best timeline

Nigger

How much of this is ironic?

>No sources

Park service won't even compile a list of how many people go missing in nat'l parks every year.

Those park service employees should be fired.

Replace them with Retired Army Rangers or something after the freeze is over.

Oh no, not Science!

You know I am finally getting this sense of how the world is changing for the better

When liberals used to say things I would think "fuck these people are more than us and their way goes. There's nothing we can do."

But now it's the opposite. WE'RE IN POWER. And there's nothing they can do but mock and winge. They can't stop a thing!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>global warming has nothing to do with our environment

You are literally going through any mental gymnastics you can to defend your daddy as opposed to actually thinking critically

>temporary thing while he reviews what these agencies are doing

Source? Also what do you mean anti-Trump memes? Are you talking about Badlands posting facts about the environment? Or are you one of those people who don't trust scientists because you know better

There's no bigger mental gymnastics than global warming itself. Stay salty my friend.

>he thinks humans cause global warming

I'm enjoying this new authoritarian side of Trump

I hope he sends out more.

>Science

How can he do this?! Global cooling is a real threat th-oh shit, I meant to say global warming! We only have until 2014 until the ice caps are mel-(What's that? They aren't melted yet? Well then what do we call it then? O-okay, I'll go with that) How can he possibly deny that climate change is absolutely a thing that is FUCKING HAPPENING OH MY GOD I CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW FUCKING DRUMPFKINS REEEEEEE

cia_remote_viewing.pdf

global warming/climate change is in large part a scam. the earth IS warming but it would be regardless if humans existed or not. it is an industry unto itself and they want worldwide "carbon taxes" on top of that. it is an insidious thing far beyond that even.

you won't understand wtf i'm talking about unless you look into these things for yourself. so, you can do that (takes effort)... or (more likely) you'll just write me/trump off as anti-science hillbillies or whatever. that's the easier option as you're being told to do that by those that follow that agenda.

did you know having ice cap is an anomaly? did you know that the earth has been ice cap free for ~90% of its existence? did you know by definition ice caps only exist during ice ages? did you know we are at the tail end of a CURRENT ice age now? did you know the caps extended as far down as missouri/kentucky just 20,000 years ago and have been receding ever since that peak? did you know the caps are going bye-bye even if every person on the planet disappeared 20,000 years ago?

Reminder that liberals on twitter hate self-defense laws for allowing people to shoot violent protestors in response to being assaulted. lol

Why do people with little to no post-high-school scientific education feel that they know more than people who have studied a subject for years, and continue to do so for a living?

t. stemfag

I like how your example of "anti-Trump memes" is just objective scientific facts

Reminder Indiana jones shot Arab aggressors on sight.

science is one of the most corrupt fields of study there is, ie: climate change.

It goes against Trump's narrative.

And how do you know this?

Philosophy graduate here, I ain't a scientist but I'm somewhat educated

You're talking about climate change right?

Scientists don't agree that climate change is entirely man made - regardless of our contributions, this could be happening for other reasons beyond our control too
Scientists don't agree on how much climate change is going to occur, and how quickly
Scientists don't agree that the effects of climate change will necessarily be harmful - some say we will just have to adapt to it (again, if it's not entirely man made, and is happening for reasons beyond our control, then we'll HAVE to adapt to it anyway)

>Hurr Durr Obama is a dumb nigger

You can't have it both ways Sup Forums

>implying government agencies do anything remotely productive whatsoever
>implying government agencies don't just spend 90% of their time writing memos and reports that no one fucking reads why indulging themselves in a bloated bureaucracy
>understanding why government jobs are in the "public ADMINISTRATION" industry
>implying government agencies are doing anything close to what private sector think tanks, venture capital, company R&D, and university labs do

cmon bro
try harder next time

Kind of like the President or any other politician.
Really makes you think.

>The Verge

Science has been dead for decades. Marxists have just been wearing its corpse and doing a Weekend at Bernie's thing.

>you're not allowed to tell people about the spaceship armada until I get to see it

Who's ready for Saudi Iranian war?

Government "scientist" pfff ..

Problem is that the rate of warming isn't in line with natural patterns and its having an effect on ecosystems around the world.

The stress on ecosystems is compounded with human industrial activity (deforestation, pollution etc.) resulting in a net loss of biodiversity and opening up an avenue of ecosystem collapse. Healthy ecosystems require a certain level of diversity to remain viable and retain the ability to deal with stress. As a result valuable keystone species could kick the bucket and screw us in the process.

While your not wrong in saying that the planet goes through cycles of warm and cold, human activity is 100% having an effect on the rate of this warming through GHG emissions and subsequent radiative forcing.

Sauce: I'm a scientist

someone on Sup Forums told them

Your thought process:
>national parks
>they have nature in them
>global warming can hurt nature
>parks can tweet about global warming
>not mental gymnastics

My thought process:
>National Park Service oversees a number of federally-owned nature preserves and monuments
>their authority doesn't extend beyond those properties and their administration
>global warming is an international environmental issue
>we already have the EPA for the environment at large within the US
>"mental gymnastics"
Wew. Lad.

It's such a shame how a site I used to love so much (I was a big fan of Engadget back in the day, before those guys then made The Verge) has become a complete cuckfest

It was a tech site. Now it's a leftist pop culture site. Really fucking grinds my gears.

You know what it is? Women. They used to have just a couple women - Laura June is the only one I can think of (wife of Josh Topolsky who was the editor in chief). Now they've hired loads more, and faggy millennial guys too. The site basically used to be run by Gen X guys - Topolsky, Nilay Patel, Paul Miller - and now it's been taken over by women and faggy millennial beta males who would rather talk about their political causes than actual nitty gritty technology.

Fucking sucks.

>its a foot thing

our guy

HEY! there's no proof that man was going to attack him. Indy had just been attacked, the man could have been coming to assist him. Maybe he was just a drunk street performer who stumbled into the scene on accident. Maybe he was a deaf mute who learned to speak through the mystic art of the blade.
For all we know, the arab was innocent.

You've outed yourself.

Post boypucci.

>government scientists

Two words that should never be together, fuck em... I support this move.

Because it disagrees with him. I'm on the fence about the climate issue and how much humans are contributing to it, if any. On one hand you cannot put tons of pollutant shit into the atmosphere without having some sort of detrimental effect, and on the other hand you can't deny that our temperatures naturally go up and down as geology has proven. The memes on both sides like "HUMANS R 2 BLAME" and
>muh carbon tax conspiracy
isn't helping the real conversation. Both things are likely contributing and although we may not be screwed for decades or even centuries to come, it is a problem that must be accounted for at some point.

>While your not wrong in saying that the planet goes through cycles of warm and cold, human activity is 100% having an effect on the rate of this warming through GHG emissions and subsequent radiative forcing.

Scientists are confident we're having an effect yes, but we could be just 1% of the reason for global warming. The other 99% could have another cause. Scientists are unclear on this from what I've read.

So what if there is nothing we can do about it?

And what you say about ecosystems - they have always adapted and always will. Maybe not in ways we would like, but they'll still adapt.

This post best post in entire
/thread

Can you please explain to me that graph. Why does it say Phanerozoic when it only goes to 500 M.a.?
How was that data collected?

I understand that changes in climate are natural occurrences, but the argument that I'm hearing is that increase in CO2 is acting as a catalyst to speed up the melting of the poles.

t. Geologist

>777
I think otherwise friendo

>There is very high confidence that the global average net effect of human activities since 1750 has been one of warming
ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/syr/en/mains2-2.html

>For the next two decades a warming of about 0.2°C per decade is projected for a range of SRES emissions scenarios. Even if the concentrations of all GHGs and aerosols had been kept constant at year 2000 levels, a further warming of about 0.1°C per decade would be expected. Afterwards, temperature projections increasingly depend on specific emissions scenarios.
ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/syr/en/spms3.html

All on the IPCC website. To be fair, if you don't trust the IPCC on climate change data and analysis, there's not much point in debating in the first place.

hahahahahahahah
I'm not gonna get tired of winning any time soon.

Also what do you make of this graph? Is it true, according to your knowledge? That CO2 was actually far more abundant in the past?

anyone who thinks this is good is a fucking retard

>adapted
>great barrier reef right now
nice

>I do no research other than reading alarmist headlines

>>National Park Service oversees a number of federally-owned nature preserves and monuments
>>their authority doesn't extend beyond those properties and their administration
>>global warming is an international environmental issue
>>we already have the EPA for the environment at large within the US
What exactly is your point? That Trump executive order was justified because a national park tweeted facts?

Do you know that writing a sentence with more "erudite" words and writing it with correct spelling makes it look more intelligent only to the uneducated reader?

I work with people who survey it regularly m8, the northern sections of the reef are fucked

Its not the abundance that is the issue, its the rate at which its changing

Reminder Indiana "no land is sacred" Jones infringes on native lands for the lulz

(((american science)))

>Limp-wristed sucker punch
>"BTFO"

I bet you think sucking someone's dick makes them gay too.

>1980: GLOBAL WARMING
>1990: NO WAIT, IT'S AN ICE AGE
>2000: NO, YEAH, IT'S GLOBAL WARMING

Might as well. They're useless at this point, and that's worse than the people doing the environmental damage.

The question I have with this is how are they getting those values. There are ways to estimate climate using ∆18O values found in sedimentary rocks and fossils, but those fossils are sensitive to recycling of material thr ough meteoric water or metamorphism of the rocks.

That is an incredibly long timespan. We know that during the Permian and Cretaceous periods etc. there were anoxic ocean events that occured. This is why we have oil. Those ocean events occur when the ocean water stagnates. This occurs when water stops circulating due to a loss in temperature change (cold water from the poles becoming heated by the equator) These ocean occurrences are also followed by mass extinction events

His smile is infectious.

>white nationalist leader starts running like a girl because he got hit by a "limp-wristed" punch.

kek

>2000's -> earth is totes not warming up guise
>2010's -> ok guises, earth is indeed warming up, but it's not man made!!

>>sources

youtube.com/watch?v=-AwNKQqLESc

The park service is not in the jurisdiction to be acting as an official authority on climate change. They can talk about it all they want as indivuals outside of work, but they do not get to do that. It would be like if I started flashing my university status to everyone as an authority, but I only have an entry level position. It is deceitful and I do not want my tax dollars going to fund a narrative on something that is still up for debate.

I get that this is a serious issue and time is important, but I will not have the government forcing panic to impose laws that will only restrict all of our rights in the short-term

>A fucking youtube video
This is why your kind are only taken seriously in America hahaha.

His up to 75% deregulations will help science though

>implying youtube is credible

>1 post by this ID
>89 replies and 15 images omitted. Click here to view.