people on this board are unironically against net neutrality

> people on this board are unironically against net neutrality

Sup Forums will be the first website to shut down after this and you idiots are too retarded to admit this.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good

actually it will preserve 4chans existence. Now the FCC can't ban us.

Everyone against net neutrality is a telco giant shill, pay no attention to them

What internet user WANTS to pay more and have their service broken into tiers

>Buying into the MSM portrayal and fear mongering of Net Neutrality
It does nothing that it says it's supposed to do. It gives governmental regulators too much power. Classifying as a Title 2 fucks it up and stifles expansion far more than it does now.

NO ISP is going to start charging more for sites. It's not a business model that works for the nature of the internet. Not to mention there are already laws against the filtering of content. Remember when Reddit got in big trouble for censoring posts? You can't legally filter content without opening yourself up. You either filter no content or ALL 'illegal' content. ISPs are safe from big corporations sueing them by hiding under that safety umbrella of denial in any copyright infringement. They want to keep it this way.

Redpill me on whatever the fuck this is and whybis Trump doing the right thing

>implying Sup Forums will survive even 3 months when it loses 95% of the current user base

If you are going to treat ISPs as utilities, then you must also treat the monopoly sites (Twitter, Facebook) as utilities, and stop their censorship of users.

But that wasn't going to happen, so the pussy FCC can kick rocks.

Net Neutrality is a good idea but what we had was the wrong way to do it.

Net (((Neutrality))) allows the FCC to regulate the Internet, to preserve the internet's neutrality of course.

Because as we all know, there's no one more neutral than the alphabet boys in the federal beuracracy.

Net neutrality means that every service (or, website) should have the same priority when delivered to users.

In other words, being against net neutrality means happily paying $3/month to access YouTube, an extra $5 to stream Netflix (...)

At the moment, ISP's are getting around it by offering you plans where using their affiliates (e.g. Netflix) doesn't count towards your monthly data usage. Soon, it could be the other way around where every service gets a 30 kbit/s connection (too slow to stream video, even too slow to browse Sup Forums) except if you are willing to pay more for certain services.

This is my understanding of the whole thing, someone please enlighten me if I got something wrong.

Sounds good then, I don't use netflix or youtube anyway so my internet cost will probably come down if I don't opt for the premium services

This is the image I was looking for. The prices are probably exaggerated compared to how much it will actually cost but that doesn't make it much better

forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/

nothing is happening to net neutrality

This isn't health insurance my nigga, the jews will just put the premiums on top of it.

its fake news, the new fcc guy is a net neutrality supporter. only thing its being based on is that he didn't think broadband companies should be public utilities, they should just be regulated. the only conversation to be had is over how most of the media can in unison start screaming about the same fake story.

shutting down Sup Forums is the equivalent of hitting a wasp's nest with a baseball bat. I seriously hope it happens so we can take over one or more larger social media sites like twitter or leddit.

Good argument but I doubt they won't take advantage of that

If they would just raise prices on people without lowering it on the "base internet" and still have people pay for it all, then they would just raise prices right now, that's how demand works. People will switch ISP to the lower priced one if every ISP decides to jack it's prices.

Yea because they surely can't ban us. The fight about saving the West is already lost, we will forever sit in this echo chamber, circle jerking. Now we will have 4 years where everything gets better but liberals will do everything to prevent Trump from succeeding so the media can claim that Trump didn't achieve anything and we need a democrat again.

I am actually surprised (((they))) haven't called out a nationwide protest to kill the american economy yet

You cannot build a second internet tho. Companies own our connections and ISP's have to make deals with those companies in order to offer a connection in first place.

Why would they let cheap ISP's use their infrastructure when there are 5 other ISP's who can pay 10'000% of what the cheap one offers?

Why would the cost for ISPs to use the infrastructure go up because they can charge for QOS to different sites? I'm saying that they're not just going to raise prices for no reason, if they want to use the deregulation to allow for paying for specific services, then the "base price" would be lower to fit the demand.

Economics 101

You have a tap.
There are 5 people wanting to get some water out of it.
Your tap can deliver 5 gallons per minute.
These 5 people usually offered you $1 per gallon so you were able to serve them 1 gallon per minute each.
3 of the people discovered how to make the water sparkle so they can sell it at a higher price.
You realize if they sell it for more, you can ask them to pay more for it.
3 people now give you $2 per gallon which means you make $6 per minute so you earn $1 per minute more than before they came up with their new strategy.
However, there is 2 other people who can't make their water sparkle and therefore can't sell it for a lot of money and therefore can't pay you $2.
Now the 3 people say that if you deny service to the other 2, the 3 people will give you $3 each which results in $9 per minute, more than the poor 2 could ever give you.

Why would you still serve the 2 people who pay less?

>that's how demand works.

Sup Forums users are going to disproportionately benefit from nutrality.

We use the inernet the most. We use unkommon websites the most. Gr gets screwed because he just uses his net to mail.

we have a definite egonomic interest in supporting nutrality.

But all companies will be able to "make their water sparkle", a relatively equal distribution will not want the sparkly water for a cheaper price. This is about individual ISP pricing, ISPs won't be able to net charge more, or they would do so right now, so they won't have to pay more for infrastructure.

If it was a matter of companies not knowing how to make a feature, then they should die to better competition

the picture the german posted made it seem like mainstream sites get charged more

*Grandpa

Written like a retard because it kept saying post was spam so i was trying to find the spam filtered words.

Apparently you're not allowed to talk about checking (((e)))-mail

Obviously it's going to have the charge be in accordance with the average amount of data used by a website... where they would give preference to mainstream websites because mainstream websites will be able to pay them off due to their own high income.

>But all companies will be able to "make their water sparkle"
What keeps the sparkle gas company from limiting their sales to the big 3 and leave out the little 2?

You need to quit sperging all the (((MSM))) talking points read the bill and engage your brain you lazy nigger!

Nothing, but that's irrelevant because all the ISPs will know how to be one of the "big 3"

Where is Sup Forums and breitbart?

>At the moment, ISP's are getting around it by offering you plans where using their affiliates (e.g. Netflix) doesn't count towards your monthly data usage

There are ISPs in your country that still charge for specific data usage? Or is this for phones or something?

wanted to mention that this applies to phones, totally forgot to include it in this sentence you are right

Dude what Donald wants I want. Go rape someone Muhammad you seem tense.