Motorcycles and bikers

How does Sup Forums feel about motorcycles and bikers in general?

What about groups such as Bikers for Trump or Recreationall/Veteran Motorcycle Clubs?

I just got my permit in my state and I plan on getting a full license later this year. I can safely say that riding is,one of the most American things you can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wtofbxmlv8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been wanting to buy a dual sport lately.

Liberating
If you're a pussy who freezes up, don't get one.

pic related my r6

I am thinking in buying this in some months when I get the motorbike driving permission.

Anyone who rides a Harley or similar is a massive overcompensating pussy who was the nerdy bullied kid in school. Touring bikes are ok, but get a fucking sports bike. You know, something you can actually ride properly. Pic related, MV Agusta F4.

It's my primary transportation when it's over 45 degrees F. I can even go grocery shopping with it. And it's a 163hp 129 ft lbs of torque wheelie bochine.

>posting a 2 wheel car
>didn't even get the version with the reverse gear

Man that thing looks comfy as fuck.

it's fun

They're fun, just don't be a squid wear some gear, and don't go buy a hayabusa for a first bike, start with like a 500cc beater, you're probably going to drop it.

its nice if you live in a place that isn't fucked with traffic.
sitting in traffic on a bike sucks.

>can even go grocery shopping with it
I brought home a set of four new rotors and pads for my truck on this thing

You sound like a jealous video gamer.

I currently live in Hawaii though I'm looking out to the Midwest for uni. I was looking at the 2016 Honda Rebel due to its affordability, durability, and for aesthetic reasons. Original post for reference.

A sports bike would be nice but I'm not too sure how it would fare in poorer weather conditions or shitty roads. Riding in Hawaii is dangerous because you either got Asians who can't drive or local wanna be nigs driving about, nice scenery though.

You sound like a pedo gramps

Should I purchase saddlebags for the bike if I decide to make the my primary form of transportation?

fucking useless and noisy

The 2016 model seems less bulky to me.

>buying a useless sports bike
>talking about overcompensating

I live in the frigid Midwest. You can find 80s era jap bikes for $500-1000 out here, some with low mileage. They'll run forever so long as you don't buy a piece of shit to start. Easy to maintain as well. My Kz440 LTD gets 50mpg; that being said I only ride a few months out of the year because winter is 7 fucking months long.
I ride my ruskie bike in the winter.

This. I don't have a bike but have drove one. Used to work in a hospital and even good, smart doctors who have bikes will tell you stories about fucking up their custom bike they bought because they could afford it as their first.

>one of the most American things you can do.
Only if you do it while wearing this shirt.

Thanks for the advice, I'm probably going to buy a Honda to start off. 85mpg seems pretty good to me.

I have a Gear Up as well. Good to know other Uralistas browse pol.

78 KZ650SR rider here.
Still has breaker point ignition.
Barn find with 11k miles on it. Needs some living yet but damn reliable. Pic related.

No fucking way.. You from Fargo? i see you all the time. props for driving that in the winter.

American can't filter through cars or drive on the right shoulder when there is traffic jams so your bike doesn't worth anything.

Nice! Sometimes I go to /o/ just to shitpost in their daily bike thread. Urals seem to trigger them pretty hard for whatever reason

holy kek, yes.
I don't ride usually if it's below 20f, unless I'm going a really short distance. There is actually another dude in town who has the exact same fucking bike as me who rides in like -10. He usually wears a white helmet I think, and has some sort of a trunk mounted to the back of the bike.

People Snapchat me all the time saying they saw me riding but it's him.

That looks like fun. I'd love to parade around my town in something like that in full regalia and salute random people on the street/road.

Makes me think about doing that on my sport bike, it'd be funny.

You realize the bike in the OP isn't a sport bike, right? Is this bait?

Don't buy new for your first bike when you can get a great bike for less. I got a 1986 Honda VFR500F, and it's great.
These guys have good advice:
You can certainly spend a bit more than $1k, though. I paid 1.6k for my bike, serviced by a mechanic during and after the purchase (no charge). You could likely get my bike cheaper, but it was in good condition, and I liked it.

Also, don't fall for the whole >250cc for beginners thing. Get at least 500cc, unless you're really frail/weak or small.

Someone post nudes of your baiku, I'm feeling frisky.

They are two wheel drive. Winter is the best time to drive them.

Bikes are red pilled, can't wait until i get off my provisional licence and get a bigger bike.

Motorcycling is the most fun I've had in my life other then sex.

I really wish someone had told me sooner. I only started riding at 22.

I took the photo myself. 1 of only 500 ever made.

I'll keep that in mind, I could probably find a deal somewhere on this God forsaken island.

As for pics, I ain't got any on me but my uncle used to own a ducati dealership. He gave me this watch but the shit fell apart in a week.

I ride 'em off the road all the time. Fuck bikers.

You are useless and noisy, Mohamed.

I've never had the gall to put on full flecktarn and fuck around like that. Would definitely be fun though.
I
My red Kawasaki, I only paid about $900 for and it ran great. There was no air filter housing so I had to improvise something involving duct tape and a pair of cheap pods. The only thing I had to pay extra for was some new tires. That bike is 36 years old though, that's why they're so cheap

Noice.

How's the reliability on RSV4's though? It's definitely a contender for my next bike once i get a big boy licence.

Dangerous.

>crotch rockets
homos
>cruisers
might be alright

That guy is nuts to be able to do that. I tried riding before it snowed and was freezing, mainly my hands. I can't wait to ride this summer, going mad not being able to ride
If i see you this summer I'm gonna wave you down.

sick bike

What's funny is ive never actually had to engage the 2WD. There's enough weight on those skinny little tires to get me through a surprising amount of snow. I don't go off roading in winter but I've gone through some pretty big plow drifts

>1 of only 500 ever made.
>And still just a crotch rocket.

Imagine an Italian bike that was checked over by a german engineer but was sent to estonia for the decal appliance.

Worth the £14,000 I paid for it though.

sexually confused animals

I'm surprised how much people are posting here. I was going to start this thread on /o/, but I assumed that there'd be some bikers on Sup Forums who'd eventually start giving advice.

I know man, even with winter gloves my hands will freeze, honestly anything below 40 gets uncomfortable really quick. Sounds good, if you find me I'll buy you a beer
>as long as you're not a degenerate commie

People that remove their baffles are scum. The rest are generally fine.

>checked over by a german engineer

That's reassuring, the only other bikes I've got my eye on is the new CBR1000RR coming out later this year and the new GSX-R1000.

What's the point of a bike if it's not a crotch rocket though?

You might as well just buy a convertible car if you just like crusin'. At least then you can take it out in the rain.

Got a DUI totalled the car. I dont ever want to drive a car again.

Bike sounds better. At least I can feel better about being on the road with knowing I cant hurt anyone if I blackout. But I lyft everywhere now.

People in Hawaii often remove them so dumbass drivers notice them. Safety precaution. It's a bit douchey, but I get the mentality.

Get a dirtbike. That you won't get killed by an old lady or an asian driver.

>Riding with a baffle
Guess I'm scum. My bike is stupid loud.

Are you worried about salt? I saw a couple Urals riding around in Alaska, but they don't salt the roads there. Fucking cool, regardless.

I used to race them when I was a kid. I'd love to get another one but at the moment, I can't afford it and to buy a trailer.

Pic related

Nah, people like to hide behind 'loud pipes save lives' but honestly they should just accept it's dangerous as fuck and love it.

They don't salt the roads here either. Usually it's sand and I've heard they also use some sort of sugar beet extract

I don't like the look of crotch rockets, or that most of the people who ride them here are the type that don't follow traffic laws, but bikes in general are cool.

Live on the edge.

I plan on keeping them in to at least give some courtesy to my neighbors. The town association already controls everything about our homes and I already got a noise complaint for home renovations, I'd be best keeping things down while I'm still living here.

Get a dualsport and save money on the trailer.
DRZ's are cheap and I love em.

Crotch rockets look weird if you aren't racing or in an extreme urban environment. I like the classic look better.

That and most of the crotch rocket riders I've met are either over compensating or are arrogant pricks who cut-off cars and don't follow traffic laws. Just based on my experience, probably ain't universally true.

>Would definitely be fun though.

Your digits agree with you.

Your Kawasaki looks light. I bet it's a nice ride.

I don't have much experience with Kawa bikes, but I hear they're built like tanks. I think we rode 125cc Kawa eliminator bikes in my training class, and they all ran fine despite massive dents and chinks in many of them.

80's era JP bikes are the best.

I see hicks riding Harley's with no shirt, no helmet, burning out at stoplights. There's assholes that ride all types of bikes

If digits I go full regalia this week.

It's a really nice riding little bike. With just me it's very nimble. Gets bogged a down a little when I ride with my gf on the back but still can get up and go.

I fucked the carb up a few months back though. Decided to tinker but tinkered wrong

Kek, you ever see the dude with a Mohawk who rides a giant Harley with ridiculous ape hangers? I've seen him a few times riding around and he's always wearing pajama pants and fluffy slippers

Haha, i haven't.

I have see a guy riding with his dog before, almost made me crash i was laughing so hard.

I like street-legal enduro bikes. I never was a Harley fanboi and I don't like pure crotch rockets either. It's nice to be able to hit the woods all day and then legally drive it to town for gas.

I forgot to ask, what model is your bike?
Also, look at my digits to decide if you go in full regalia to your favorite local eatery and ask for the fresh frog.

Make motocross apparel great again

It is decided. Accept your destiny, praise Kek!

It has been decided. Praise kek

He needs to record it for his brethren on Sup Forums to see. That is also a must.

Surprised the mods haven't shut it down yet.

I suppose you might like my bike then.

Obviously not my picture but the colourscheme is the same allthough I must admit my paintjob looks nicer.

Also have a custom exhaust which looks way more cool.

Maxs out at 245 kmh.

The last they made before they started with the Ninja series.

Mods are asleep or too busy protesting Trump.

I absolutely love that style of headlighting. Square-face lights and 'OO' style lights like shown on a 1989 GSXR are the best, no question about it.

I'm not big on Kawasaki's modern designs or most ninjas, but they had some good old years for sure.

What's the model/year/CCs?

I have a Harley 1200 custom XL

I wanna trade it in for a Wide Glide but Maybe in a year. I wish they still made the Street Glide. I might even consider a triumph rocket iii

anyways. I used to have a crotch rocket, which was fun around town etc. but if you want to actually take a long ride and travel on it. you gotta get a cruiser.

I cant speak to certain BMW or other models but I guess they can be pretty damn comfy too.

If i had a suggestion for a first bike I would say this.

dont be a pussy and buy a tiny first bike. you are gonna regret it. you get used to the power and speed so fast. just buy what you actually want and dont be a spaz at first. you'll be fine and save yourself a shitload of money.

also. buy used. you can buy a used bike with less than 5K miles on it for half the cost of a new one because like I just said above. people buy them and then figure out they should have just went for whate3ver they wanted. but one mans junk is another mans treature. buy used. these dealerships are jew tier.

If you like the 89 GSXR you might be glad to hear this one was also produce in 89.

It's GPZ600R.

Unfortunately I lost the so called Startmotorclutch. The shit which brings the drive from the starter to the actual engine. Apparently this is one of the few blocks in which those things are integrated within the block so costwise it was the wisest thing to get a completely new block. It's going to be GPX block same size same output but without an oil cooler. 69000 km's on it.

Everyone should ride motorbikes.

But full sportsbikes... they are not for noobs... well maybe in 'murca where they dont have corners.

really tho. Dont skip the size classes, there is plenty to learn on smaller machines.

t. london courier

I'm so jealous of Europe's roads. American roads are paved well but are boring, at least where I'm from

I'm gonna buy pic related a Honda cbx 500 from the early 80s.
There are quite a few being sold right now.
I really don't understand why people would ride sport bikes over something as comfy as an oldtimer tourer.

Fug. It's a 2006 Gear Up.

>there is a bar called the Toasted Frog
That would be 2kek7me

It will be the best desicion of Your life
t. Dual Sport owner

Speed user, speed. Nothing like pulling up to a 60k car and destroying it.

> It's going to be GPX block same size same output but without an oil cooler.
Does that mean it's going to have less cooling performance?

A shame your bike is not complete now, but it still looks like a great ride. The '89 GSXR is my favorite bike, and I would love to have it someday, but I enjoy my '86 VFR500F too. I only wish I had places to go, and maybe someone to take relaxed rides to places with.

I'd say most people (who are physically fit) can start on a 500cc just fine, 600cc at most. Anything more, and I agree with you.

Kek has proclaimed his will, and specified that it must be recorded. He shall guide you. Good luck, brother.

>Owning a sportsbike

>Not having a GSXR600

Do you call yourself bikers?

>GSXR
>The squids bike of choice

This is you.
youtube.com/watch?v=wtofbxmlv8Y

>just passed 300,000 miles
>still going strong on the same engine
>10 years older than me

Get fucked, sportsbike owners.

Sports bikes have a few major drawbacks where cities are concerned..

Large turning circle can make low speed maneuvering through traffic very difficult.

They are small. Tall men will be cramped on a long ride.

Super sensitive throttle and handling will fuck you up if you aren't paying attention. Low tolerance for fools.

Supersports have specially forged hardened parts than enable their engines to rev so high. This means they have a tendency to find their way onto the backs of vans in the middle of the night, parts soon to appear on a racetrack near you.

If you really want to skip smaller bikes. Regular 600's like the CBF or the Fazer are good. They have the same race engines, but detuned to make them more manageable for street riding, with a tighter turning circle, and without the special parts that make them attractive to professional thieves.

How does one deal with pic related? Not only you're more susceptible to road hazards but to retarded drivers as well (or those who simply don't see you because of size and not being a car).

Also,
>be road cyclist
>one bitch cuts me off because she couldn't wait for another second or two
>slam into rear of the car but managed to stay upright, almost broke my hand

>going downhill at least 60-70 kph
>car on the opposite side of the road, wants to go in my direction
>notices me in the last moment and slams on the brakes stopping in the middle of the road
>nearly lock my wheels, missed the car by a few centimeters (target fixation).

After these and few others scares I'm kinda not so keen on the motorcycles, you're basically trusting your health and life to others no matter how skilled you are. If if was going faster (as would probably be with a bike) things would probably with me scraping the tarmac.

My instructor gave me one piece of parting advice that will always stay with me.

"Keep your fuckin' eyes peeled."

Yeah that's what I asked my mechanic too.

He however, very convincingly, explained that they produced them this way and therefore it should be fine. The block was heavily tinkered with though, and it's supposed to be a bit faster therefore. Let's just expect it's only beneficial.

All's well that ends well. Let us hope Kek grants you his blessings.

Good luck.

My fz-07 (689cc parallel twin) is awesome around town. I love the torque. Thinking of upgrading to the 2017 Triumph street triple r or the "redesigned" r6, miss my old one.

Motorcyclists get in lots of accidents and jewish doctors harvest their organs and transplant them into dindus for massive medicaid shekels

People can start on 600's But there is a world of difference between a CBF 600 and a CBR 600RR

Everyone I know who rushed to jump on a supersports 600 ended up crashing it, usually within the first six months.

So I always give this advice where possible.

>ride properly
Implying sitting on a lounge chair going 70mph isn't as 'proper' and as comfortable as you can get

Thanks breh, I hope the stateside roads will be good for you.
Very solid advice.

This is how I was able to anticipate on a lousy son of a bitch who passed a truck on a 2 lane road. So one lane for each direction, a typical road. He or she passed the truck and had to go on the outermost possibly piece of tarmac. I raised my left had and gave him or her the thumbs up.

Fucking canned drivers.

Also fuck those people who think motorcyclists need less room than cars on the road.