Brit/pol/ Morning Empire Edition

>Supreme Court: Parliament will have to vote on triggering Article 50
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/24/brexit-ruling-supreme-court-judgment-full/

>Government under pressure over their cover-up of the failed American-owned Trident missile test
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38711418

>Their intentions revealed - Labour will not vote against triggering Article 50 but will "seek to amend the necessary legislation on its passage through parliament"
uk.reuters.com/article/britain-eu-article-labour-idUKS8N1CH00J

>Tories "write off Stoke-on-Trent by-election"
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tories-write-off-stoke-by-election-as-they-fear-awkward-defeat-party-sources-say_uk_588108f5e4b0b8867de7372b

>Thanks Theresa - Barely white (((Anglosphere))) countries eye up looser immigration laws in return for free trade agreements
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38704325

>"Brexit constitutes a hostile action and will destroy the Good Friday Agreement", says Gerry Adams
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jan/21/northern-irelands-eu-exit-will-destroy-peace-deal-says-gerry-adams

>Milkman rules out LAB-LIB Pact - "The people will never forgive Corbyn"
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-latest-tim-farron-labour-party-jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-opposition-divisive-a7536516.html

>23/02/17 - Labour's double by-elections in Copeland and Stoke
news.sky.com/story/labour-planning-double-by-election-on-23-february-10734971

>Nightmare Fuel
newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/01/ukip-press-officer-i-slept-european-union-was-daddy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8ibrfXvpQ
bbc.co.uk/news/business-38737300
youtube.com/watch?v=GVwdKfLOa5o
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4154332/Trump-ban-immigrants-Syria-6-countries.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU
parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/public-administration-select-committee/inquiries/parliament-2010/uk-grand-strategy/
order-order.com/2017/01/25/labour-leave-select-brexiteer-win-stoke/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8ibrfXvpQ
I'm not a leftist, but the idea of "ideology" seems very useful indeed.
(in the specific zizek-y definition.)

Modern Britain is utter ideology. That's why we won't get the Brexit we want. It permeates everything, not imposed externally but embraced internally.

Bump

Fine Firms with Sexist Dress Codes

bbc.co.uk/news/business-38737300

I actually think you shouldn't be forced to wear heels in any job. Yh guys have to wear suits but I think footwear should be practical and comfortable and as long as it looks smart I don't have a problem

HOWEVER

A lot of these secretaries and office monkeys who are doing the complaining were more often than not hired on their looks anyway. Already sexualised themselves in interviews.

Furthermore in my experience it's almost always women who are totalitarian in their uniform policy. Guys will judge but will just keep it to themselves or banter about it whereas women in authority will stamp out any female members of staff showing too much skin or the wrong footwear.

>wake up
>check bbc news
>see that their standard of reporting hasn't changed much

Don't these only appear at the bottom of articles as pseudo-clickbait?

Not that far down

>leave Sup Forums for a while after the winter break for QT and whatnot
>come back and its a meme frenzy
Did Sup Forums change rabidly into a meme shitposting dustbin or is it me?
Is brit/pol/ safe from this?

Nothing ever changes in politics:
youtube.com/watch?v=GVwdKfLOa5o

I hear you're a racist now Brit/pol/.

You that lad who keeps calling people in Greggs racist?

Why do niggers expect awards on the basis of being niggers?

Be better actors you cunts.

I prefer Newzoids :^)

they have a sense of entitlement, but this is only to the american ones.

but desu Naomie Harris deserves best actress

Yes, thats right.

Their argument is that their are times when black people have deserved the award and been snubbed, not they they deserve it regardless.

This reactionary adding of minorities to show how progressive the oscars is is actually insulting to what they want.

meant for

The BBC has really gone off the lefty deep end over the last 18 months or so. They're barely pretending to be neutral these days.

On certain topics (Trump, Brexit, Islam, muh racism, the NHS, etc), they're totally indistinguishable from the Guardian. They just won't stop misrepresenting and distorting.

I can't believe that the Mail or the Tories haven't brought this up yet. They used to whinge about BBC bias when it was just a minor annoyance, but now that it's getting really out of hand, they aren't saying anything. Even Are Nige isn't going after them like he should.

Pic related, this was the BBC headline when a Syrian "refugee" suicide bomber tried to blow himself up in Germany during the summer.
They've also been referring to the BLM kidnapping/torture incident as a disability hate crime (while completely omitting the whole Trump/race angle).

It's not leftism, it's RADICAL CENTRISM, they owe more to Milkman than Corbyn.

>Is brit/pol/ safe from this?
no yanks seem to think they're allowed here and that we actually care about what they have to say

If I may build on this, I also have to wonder if market appeal is part of it when you're online. (Which is where the BBC becomes the most cu...er... Cosmopolitan.)

With the BBC under pressure to make cuts, financial incentive to show their web services are popular would still encourage going for the multicultural white audience instead of continuing along a sort of public-duty mindset. Even though they run no banner-ads, the key question remains "how do you get as many clicks as possible?"

Maybe not. In both posts I've probably understated my case since I'm trying to watch a film.

>55222
>108955555

5 years ago maybe one in five features was lefty/sjw identitiy politics

Nowadays it's 4 in 5. The sheer volume of bullshit is becoming difficult to justify, but they do so by describing 'reactions' and 'responses' on fucking twittter. 1000 retweets is 'causing a storm' and you can pick and choose whatever tweet replies to construct whatever narrative you want.

Major news bulletins also have a heavy Guardian bias to them you're right

Fuck!

Farron and the Lib Dems are a bigger threat to this country than Corbyn.

so brit/pol/ hasn't changed then, good.
but yeah somethings happened to Sup Forums generally. looks like a septic tank at the minute

Brexit and Trump brought in an unprecedented number of normies, mostly of the 'dude pizzapartyben lmao' variety

We're turning into Sup Forums

the_donald refugees didn't fuck off back after the election and instead brought more here

Just imagine if in 2014 someone said 'In 2016 the front page of BBC news will look like this'

just think of the poor saps that are living in the timeline where ed is PM and we never even had a referendum

2017*, kek

>Even though they run no banner-ads, the key question remains "how do you get as many clicks as possible?"

But higher traffic without ads means higher server costs with no extra revenue. That doesn't really make sense.

Agreed.

Yes there is a normie problem, but that's only half the story. Sup Forums is also being raided by a group(s) of lefties with off-site coordination.
You can see it in a lot of threads.
>Obviously lefty or anti-Trump bait
>A few regular Sup Forumsacks tell OP to fuck off
>Sudden flood of lefty or anti-Trump posts agreeing with the OP
>Massive flame war between lefties and angry Sup Forumsacks until the thread 404s

He's actually doing it the absolute madman
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4154332/Trump-ban-immigrants-Syria-6-countries.html

[current year intensifies]

tfw the nanny state ignores our vote and will decide what we really need because we are all incapable of making up our own minds

Sup Forums has always had arguments in threads, dont pretend this is some new phenomenon

The higher costs will be comparatively marginal considering they've probably got most of the infrastructure in place. Economies of scale and all that.
As television becomes less relevant, the last thing the BBC wants is accounting chucklefucks telling them to start culling online services in the name of efficiency - so showing those services are popular by artificially increasing user numbers, even at fiscal cost, becomes attractive.

>important decisions like this shouldn't be given to the people
>um REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY ok and most MPs supported remain, they clearly know best

That timeline would probably be more fun day-to-day to be honest, you'd get constant influxes of new political content to discuss instead of the same few tired points about the Brexit court case.

Highest peak versus higher sustained average, I suppose.

Wouldn't the online arm of the BBC secure future funding based on current performance though? The more clicks they have the larger chunk of the pot they get going forward I would think.

I couldn't care less about Trump desu. the whole fiasco is tiresome and Im sick of it being brought up in QT

What's stopping May whipping the vote?

Do you think Corbyn will U-Turn on his 3 line whip? It's the one thing Corbyn's committed to that I've been impressed by and shows some level of leadership

I'm an accelerationist so sometimes I wish I were in the labour/SNP coalition timeline
not that our government isn't doing a damn fine job themselves in regards to decline

Corbyn said yesterday Labour should vote in support of brexit after the supreme court ruling

Well luckily Conservatives were pro-Brexit.....no wait Labour.....Lib Dems.....err Green?
Oh yeah it was just UKIP, how many seats did they get again?
Brexit is dead, face it, democracy is a lie, we live in a dictatorship.

So is Brexit happening or not?

Basically yes, but not gonna rest easy until A50 is triggered in March

The CRUCIAL supreme court decision which wasn't as widely reported was that Brexit powers will not be devolved, effectively meaning May will not have to consult Sturgeon and the SNP on anything for anything. It was unlikely but that would have derailed brexit.

I think the SNP have proposed 50 amendments to the Brexit bill hahaha Into the trash

Reminder not to reply to south africans

Yes. Most labour MPs will vote in favour of their constituency and with the government. Tory MPs who will vote against are 1 or 2 so minimal.
Majority vote in favour is overwhelmingly likely

Serious Brexit question:

When we brexit will the government change the weights and measurements systems back to imperial to appease baby bloomers?

Also will we be going back to the predecimal money system when we are out of the EU?

um parliamentary sovereignty is important when MPs want to block brexit okay
but government needs to do what's in the best interest of the country so if they choose not to then it's also okay for the house of lords and supreme court judges to block it as well, people didn't know what they were voting for. government only said the referendum would be respected NOT binding
hope not hate ok praise juncker. peace

we should invent a new measurement called Brit Units which replace all existing measurements

so you'd say I'm 6 brits tall and weigh 205 brits, or i have to get to my meeting in a couple of brits

>When we brexit will the government change the weights and measurements systems back to imperial to appease baby bloomers?
Only countries whose army's have been beaten by Vietnamese rice farmers and 3rd world shit holes use imperial

No

hey guys help me out
i keep seeing shit like this sponsored on my face book feed.

and then theres all these cucky comments made by guys with shared last names like "Nobody is who they think they are. Don't look too deeply if you have any racist tendencies. You could end up hating yourself, even more than you already do -- or should."

or

" Having recently found out my Irish ancestors on my father's side were Huguenot refugees from France, who were welcomed into Ireland and given land and work as sheep farmers, lend an even more understanding and sympathetic feel to the Syrian refugees coming to North America in our time....."

the numbers on our road signs
what system do they come from

They are not our official system though.

Also most people I know measure their weight in KG and building measurements in CM and M

>When we brexit will the government change the weights and measurements systems back to imperial to appease baby bloomers?
Laws saying goods can only be sold in metric measures will probably be repealed but there won't be a straight swap. Expect grocers to sell in both metric and imperial.

>will we be going back to the predecimal money system when we are out of the EU?
Are you thick or something lad
Decimal currency was nothing to do with the EU
We might get some stupid meme commemorative ha'penny or something but we won't overhaul currency

ah yes, the 'white europeans came here centuries ago so you can't be opposed to violent desert people doing it' fallacy

people use stone for weight so you are a big liar

The eternal saffer strikes again

youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU

Ignore the delusionals, NO!
or if it does it will be basically same old same old.
Champagne for them, shit for us.

Fucking hell are all you boys watching this shit on the news? These crazy fucking feminists are trying to get gibs if they tell the government they've been raped

when questioned 'well couldn't women lie about it to get free money' they're all just shaking their heads like it was attached to an electric motor and vehemently denying the posibility

> Sup Forums is also being raided by a group(s) of lefties with off-site coordination.

Yeah, I've noticed this.
The fact that a repeating "Marxist-Leninism general" can survive on Sup Forums of all places would have been unthinkable a year ago.
Well, I say "survive", but as you suggest these threads are not powered by the normal means of "Random user tries something, gets shitposted into oblivion, gives up". It's pretty evident that what's actually happening is that CTR / leftoid groups in general have realised our power what with the apotheosis of Trump, and they believe that long, slow, sustained, low-intensity pressure might shift the hivemind's gestalt in a direction they find more amenable.
The blitzkreig-brigading-tactics of CTR during the election didn't work; but this Long March Through The Memes shit might.

>TV news in the current year

Does anybody else despise the 'special relationship' and think we should ally ourselves with Commonwealth nations?

Pic related is my wall.

I'm a journalist nigga, I consume every type of news, it's manditory

Would knock up and Brexit/10

TRUMP IS BANNING MUSLIMS

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

>groups of continentals settling here a few dozen at a time over 8,000 years and gradually assimilating
>importing 300,000 illiterate mohammedans from countries with clockwork civil wars and no running water every year for a decade
If you don't see that the former justifies the latter you're a RACIST

then you have a stronger will than I
i can't watch anything politics any more, I have to get it second hand through a shitlord filter

Can someone post the Nigel "Just Fuck my Shit up" suicide meme pls

>reminder tripfags are all frauds

>that would have derailed brexit.
Nah. "Consult" simply means consult. Even the SNP's case wasn't that there would be anything binding to it, it was just a ploy to force them to overrule a Holyrood vote, or act without Holyrood consent (which they've now done anyway. Win win, eh.)

What would've happened in practice is that Holyrood would've had to have a vote in favour and endorse Brexit too - that wouldn't happen, so may would have to overrule Holyrood.

It might've delayed things briefly (because overruling them before they've even voted would just be too blatant, even though it was inevitable.) but it couldn't ever have stopped it.

At this point we would have to invade south africa to reclaim it.

Bastards aren't a commonwealth realm.

'Commonwealth nations' includes far too many ethnics and besides, who the fuck wants to associate themselves with Canada

The special relationship meme does need to fuck off though, British-American relations should rise and fall on common interests and not be some retarded unwritten rule about following them into kike wars

>le based god emperor drumpf is going to ban the ragheads xDDD
And why does that concern us

Just hire a bloke, over regulation designed to protect women has made them unemployable.

> nice one feminazis

Anglosphere only, probably have to at least offer US to join
>No poos
>No blacks
>White SA is ok

>White SA is ok

Note sure if that still exists.

>Labour's Stoke candidate shortlist is entirely Remain supporters

N U T

Because it will affect Muslims here in blighty. 10 year old lads are going to bully and tease their Muslim classmates, saying HAHA YOU CAN'T GO TO AMERICA.

Office people will discuss it with their "integrated" Muslim colleagues. They will pretend to be against it, but amongst themselves will reveal their power level.

It will make Muslims in the Middle East feel like shit and think "Am I next?", and divide them and make the intelligent ones question their faith.

Indeed, but what better way to fix the falling pound than by replacing it with a non decimal currency that Jonny foreigner won't understand. It would be very patriotic too.

There are still a few section of SA where there are whites
I'd let them come here and fight the non whites

The odds of nutall winning are increasing each day.

Token 'vote UKIP' if parliament block Brexit

>implying labour's poorthern tribal voters will even care or notice

That'd make it worse you dullard, why would there be foreign demand for a currency nobody outside the UK understands

Oh so you were LARPing there's a nice Drumpf general for you to do that but you don't belong here

The reason why Britain stumbles from event to event and finds itself in terminal decline, like an old woman who relies on her younger relatives for care, is that there is no plan.
There is no strategy.
While politicians talk of "Britain's interest" they cannot clearly and succinctly describe exactly what those interests are.
Initially I thought this was just because they didnt want to share those unbridled interests with the public, or because they were too complex and subtle to fit into a soundbite for the news, but no.

The reason why we appear to have no strategy on anything, is because there really is NO STRATEGY ON ANYTHING.

Proof of this is here, its sobering reading:
parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/public-administration-select-committee/inquiries/parliament-2010/uk-grand-strategy/

currency exchange rates doesn't work on a supply and demand basis.

This is the Liberal Democrat candidate for Stoke Central.

His name is Zulfiqar Ali.

Tempted to put a bet on that he'll lose his deposit desu

>a poll out this morning giving Paul Nuttall a 10% point lead in Stoke, on 35% to Labour’s 25%
>sample size of 182
order-order.com/2017/01/25/labour-leave-select-brexiteer-win-stoke/

Probably means nothing, but it's a start.

yeah that will show them, vote a party infested with double agents that stands for something that will have already failed.

Well, he did start campaigning pretty early, and conservative rhetoric about how successful brexit is going to be seems to be fading, that coupled with the state of labour means those voters have to go somewhere, and it sure as hell isn't going to be milkman

How do you make Brit/pol/ all green like this?

>early polls suggest
did you learn nothing?

It's a screenshot from 4plebs

Pakis out of britpol desu