Why do Russians have gendered surnames? It's retarded

Why do Russians have gendered surnames? It's retarded.

Ex. Vladimir Krokodilov, Svetlana Krokodilova

I like the girl on the left. She's not the hottest, but she looks like she's socially awkward and give amazing head.,

Because Russians have genders.

Best post

Oh shit son
Sharts eternally
B T F O
T
F
O

>krokodilova
>krokodil lover

Makes sense to me

Do they ? I thought thats always the middle name based on the name of the father.

gender is a social consruct

Imposes patriarchal tradition.

Lets women know whos the boss.

Hahahaha

DELETE THIS

because russians came to a conclusion long time ago that is the only way to know if your favourite trap has a feminine penis or not

Haha pwnt

You adress people with their surname and fathersname, not like we do in the west surname + lastname, that shows your implication feminism is even remotely accepted or ongoing in Russia is totally wrong, to answer your question russian is literally based on declinations based on genders thats why, there is no political reason behind it, maybe some russian bros can elaborate even more

Also Russia is a country where feminism won long ago, along with 1917 revolution. This is why our women know their power levels and regard western-type third-wave feminists as retards (there are some in Russia). We got women as top business owners and ministers so you rarely hear the glass ceiling bullshit either.

Did your castrated and hormoned teacher tell you this?

"Gender" is a linguistic attribute. "Sex" describes mammals and "gender" describes words.

#rekt

its not just russian but all slavic languages.

#owned

SAVAGE

Because when boys are named sasha it's hard to tell if its a boy or a girl just from the name.
2>3>1

There are many people that consider russia a very matriarchal country.

It's not Russian thing, rather Slavic.

It's a good thing because of two things:
- Vladimir Krokodil, Svetlana Krokodilova - this basically tells that Svetlana is Vladimir's wife. That's what the suffix "ova" means. Literary HIS wife.

Secondly it makes easier in written communication to know what gender you talking to. Event though Slavic female first names are pretty self explenatory, if you look at some western first names you cannot distinguish if the person is Male of Female. This problem is completely eliminated by the "ova" suffix.

>Krokodilov, Krokodilova
keeeeeeek

Wew these russians are really amazing, who would have though of that?

Wait, all slav languages have that, including different word endings for when the person speaking is male or female, so you immediately know who are you talking to.

"Sasha" is a household name for Alexander or Alexandra.

Eastern Slavic languages is what High Elves are in Skyrim. Superior.

Oh shit.

All Slavs do

oh that makes sense. I just assumed all slavs had cupboard whores that came with the house

Because Russian and eastern european languages use gender in their language.

Haпpимep:
Кapaндaш-pencil(Masculine noun)
Pyчкa-pen(feminine noun)
This practice carries over to names.

Haпpимep
Bлaдимиp Bлaдимиpoвич Пyтин(masculine version)
Людмилa Aлeкcaндpoвнa Пyтинa(feminine version)

It's a simple case of correctly using gendered nouns.

Its the same thing in poland

> We got women as top business owners and ministers
Yes, but a half of them have such a shitty character that we better off without them.

Russian poster doesn't fuck around

I'm pretty sure all Slav languages have that, and it's not just names that have gender.

Ex-

Oнa пoшлa "she went"
Oн пoшeл "he went"

I've noticed that married Russians have trouble in the united States with gendered last names, I know my parents have had trouble since people think the -ov -ova at the end of our surname means the last names are different. They told my brother's wife to just use -ov to simplify things.

delet this

In slavic languages all nouns and adjectives have a gender (male, female, neutral), which is expressed by a suffix.
Thus Krokodilov, Krokodilova (and Krokodilovo if it was neutral, like an object that belongs to a man called Krokodilov)

Because some of the first names (I.e. Sasha) aren't gendered.

>Krokodilovo

That's also a good name for a village.

>mfw no boigrrl boigrrlfriend

Actually, not. Most surnames are gendered, as they mean "son of ....". Like Jacobson. But if it's daughter, it will be incorrect.

Yeah, it is. We have lots of villages here that end with "ovo"

rare as fuck. how much layers of vpn do you have? my friend from glorious sun leader state.

FUCK

Eh, so do we, but the surnames don't change

I am genuine Bishkek resident.

wowww

Hello, I'm a Galla queer-minded NTWTF? gender nazi shapeshifter womon with a dick.

Post photograph of outside or fuck off.

>I am genuine Bishkek resident.
If only every one else from failed past soviet states could be like you.

This practice doesn't necessarily carry over to names, though. In southern Slavic languages (other than Macedonian), last names don't change based on gender.

A Jovanović is always a Jovanović.

>What the fuck???
>WTF is on the list
wat

I thought it was illegal to live in your country

i fucking have you already!

Retarded is when you cant distinguish whether author if some text is speaking about male or female. You fucking burgers got such a poor and simple language that im sometimes surprised monkeys cant speak it.

Well, I live online!
That was probably me. I visit this place once a month to collect some (You)s and (rare)s.

>In southern Slavic languages (other than Macedonian)

Hmmmm

muh babooshka lol women don't belong ruling men..

Destroyed in seconds

58 of them

OP is now forced to suck your cock.

middle names too
Vladimir Ivanovich Krokodilov
Svetlana Ivanovna Krokodilova
eng is the only language where nouns don't have a gender (he, she, it)

Left girl is cousin of pic related

/thread

REKT

>complaining about English being retarded

have you ever counted in French? They're too lazy to even create words for numbers

>In southern Slavic languages (other than Macedonian), last names don't change based on gender.
really gets ones brain neurons working

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT

it's on

What the fuck are you talking about,Tyrone ? You obivously never counted in French and probably can't even count in english

She's also wearing stockings.

>eng is the only language where nouns don't have a gender
t. not a linguist

DELET THIS

I'm guessing it says comrade on the Cyrillic side?

soixante-six soixante-sept soixante-huit soixante-neuf, soixant-dix, soixante-onze ....... quatre-vingts

>when 71 is just 60 + 11

are you doing a manth problem frog? stupid language

пидop (pidor) means "faggot"

Filthy subhuman murican thinks he knows french.
I kek'd

i can only think of blond/blonde, what other ones does english have?

lold hard

Stockings are always sexy, especially brown/black stockings. Don't really know why though.

I keked

remind me how is eighty (80) in french

> tfw no russian gf in uniform

why

I hate french so much

Every word in russian has it's own gender. And actually there are 3 of them, u mad?

Afaik traditional scandinavian names are also gendered with -son/-dottir endings

>far left

ok, now i self identify myself as non-trans man

Well, coming from a country that's only good at making cakes, I take that as a compliment.
Face it, you're germany's autistic little brother.

>gender euphoric
every time

Same thing in Iceland.

Nah Austria=Germany

Austria > Germany

youre retarded

my anglo spawned failed colony

They were also good at making the man who fucked your nation hard in WW2.

It's a sacred symbol of the male - female dichotomy that has been lost to the West

get off their backs

it's a tradition. reinforces the concept that genders are real. Remember, Russia always had a lot of jews, they need extra-defenses.

This coming from the guys that lost a war against emus.
Bitch please, don't try to lecture the country with the most victories over 800 years of conflict on war if you can't even kill fucking birds

She looks like the waitress