So what does the EU actually fucking do...

So what does the EU actually fucking do? Because everyone that talks about it seems to use some flowery feel good language like "promotes togetherness of european nations and unites europe or some faggoty shit like that" without actually explaining anything.

So as far as I can tell it's just some sort of superstate that is supposed to take away power from various electorates under the guise of "come on guys, let's totally be friends" right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Fisheries_Policy
youtube.com/watch?v=74Sh1z5Tq-w
youtube.com/watch?v=qh3xkMyGwyQ
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/eu-to-fine-countries-that-refuse-refugee-quota/
youtube.com/watch?v=BgFd--cONvs
youtube.com/watch?v=pjEvXKquCyA
youtube.com/watch?v=CeMfeQfSzTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It exists to destroy individual European countries to make one giant European country.

Who at their right mind would do such a thing?

A German plot to finally destroy Europe.

It is getting all of europe together for a single government where people are not elected, is is globalism destroying democracy, hence why brexit happened

Originally it was a French project designed to act as a counterbalance to Anglo-American influence on Western Europe. Then Germany succeeded France in that role. In the 90s, it was used to bring a bunch of Slav and Baltic shit countries into the Western sphere. In the 00s, Germany used it to enrich itself further at the expense of PIGS etc. The end goal? I don't know. Europeans refuse to integrate into a United States of Europe to fully take on the US or Russia.

just the first part, they dont actually want a stable "european country" even if such a thing was possible

So what does the commonwealth actually fucking do? Because everyone that talks about it seems to use some flowery feel good language like "promotes togetherness of commonwealth nations and unites commonwealth nations or some faggoty shit like that" without actually explaining anything.

So as far as I can tell it's just some sort of superstate that is supposed to take away power from various electorates under the guise of "come on guys, let's totally be friends" right?

So what does the United States of America actually fucking do? Because everyone that talks about it seems to use some flowery feel good language like "promotes togetherness of American states and unites American states or some faggoty shit like that" without actually explaining anything.

The Commonwealth doesn't do much of anything these days except serve as holiday resorts for the queen and her mutant offspring.

brussels collects the money then cucks everyone else while laughing and deposting the money in luxembourg.

The intention of the EU is to allow the European powers to remain powerful against the superstates of Russia and the US, allowing them to bargain politically and economically as a whole rather than individual small states.

From an objective stand point it makes a lot of sense, however Sup Forums loves to rag on it claiming that takes sovereignty away from the member states despite funding many programs throughout Europe and the ability to leave at any time (not that it would be a smart idea as you are seeing in the UK). The laws passed by the EU are designed to get everyone a fair deal as it's much harder to lobby multiple country's MEPs which makes it much better for the working class. Also a lot of the laws make a lot of sense.

Then again Sup Forums has always loved alternative facts so what do I know.

It makes laws and everything ten times more complex.

At first it was just a trade deal thing though.

non country triggered

Wealth redistribution.

In 2015, Britain put €14bn into the EU and recieved €4bn back. It mostly goes to Eastern Europe which is why they love the EU so much.

t. Jo Cox

I'm not dead or English. Nice rye burger

The European Union is Germany's plot to create another European superstate, and it's only people who actually know politics, that want out.
The EU started out as a trade agreement, which has turned into a union which excludes anyone european nation which is not a memberstate. The EU is nothing but an obstacle for free trade in Europe.

To keep more politicians employed.

You are aware that it was the UK's idea, not Germany's? Like the 1956 union between the coal and steel industries of France and Germany was so they could never go to war again. But don't let reality get in the way of your rant...

>>implying belgians give a fuck about their country

It's turning into EUSSR why is why Eastern Europeans are going apeshit and are 'uppity' while Westernern Europeans who were never under the rule of USSR are slowly taking the bait, and those who don't (Brexit) are getting ignored (same as in USSR minus gulag, for now).

My point is remains the same. The EU is no good anymore. Abolish the union

It was a great idea during the cold war to unite the countries of europe but mostly to rebuild germany as fast as possible
No, the whole sovereignty thing is true, you obviously voted remain and no nothing about the union but it has no right to exist nowadays, it has just become a chain to the continent making us use a currency that'sment to work in 20 different economies even if french and the irish have no economic culture and also the debts that we're forced to pay, but you could also put inthe fact that they control the immigration policies and set quotas, along with regulations and frequently push small nationalist parties in order to control and seperate parts of countries that would shift the votes in elections (corsican nationalists - SNP - Catalonian nationalists - Sicilian independence party etc...)

see

its all about money.

shakedown operation- centralization of lobbying activity, holding 'monopolies' like Microsoft to ransom, placing tariffs on goods like olive oil

its Germanys latest empire- territorial expansionist, currency manipulation via 'drag' economies like Greece benefiting Germany alone, ever closer concentration of power in unelected commission beholden to corporate interests, what Germany wants it gets

Well first off the EU didn't exist in it's current state until after the USSR collapsed. Secondly the EU does not have any control on immigration what so ever. They do not get a say. Thirdly the Eurozone (where the Euro is used) is a different thing to the EU, so irrelevant point buddy.

It enables shitholes lazy spainards and Italians to drain their country dry and let France, Germany and Britain pay for them to do it.

>The laws passed by the EU are designed to get everyone a fair deal

at that point i knew, this is bait

>the ability to leave at any time
Which is why EU forces referendums until it gets results it wants, ignores them as in case of Britain or outright bribe politicians of respective countries to fight against referendums about €uro currency and €uro membership, right?

Show me the law that screws over a country please. Unless you know you're talking shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Fisheries_Policy

this here is why our fishing industry went from booming to shite

the EU doesn't demand a referendum. Article 50 makes no judgements on how a member state comes to the decision to leave. You should really read up on EU treaties

Official version:
Secure peace and understanding
Break down trading barriers (you know, make every product from different countries the same size so it can be sold within the entire Schengen area)
Function as a mediator in trading agreements so that smaller countries appear bigger due to being part of a bigger economy
It also (and pol will hate me for this) pays for the restauration and maintenance of tradition cultural events and language within the EU
It subsidises markets that are in need for subsidy (like farming etc) and countries which are in need of subsidies

its an american operation, germany is just one tool. the goal is maximum destabilization, taking from the strong and empowering the weak, pushing terrible morals and consumerism, pretending social atomization is somehow unification to destroy any emerging threat to american hegemony.

Because you don't want the fish to be farmed at a rate that sustains the population? Sorry still don't see why this would screw anyone over

i dont think you understand, its not about sustained rates. they divided waters that britain used to control and fish in up with other eu countries, meaning alot less fish for the island.

it has increase the price of fish, fisherman earn less money and get less of a catch and our fish export has declined significantly. its not just about feeding your country and being "sustainable"

Ok, so why aren't you out yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=74Sh1z5Tq-w

one single dutch trawler holds 1/4 of the british fishing quota, a quota that is enforced on us by the EU

the EU was PAYING fisherman to destroy their boats...

youtube.com/watch?v=qh3xkMyGwyQ

do some research before spouting BS

Quick movements scare the markets m8

can you source some offical numbers from say a government agency or anything? I've lived in Fishing villages and they never griped about this kind of thing.

>So what does the EU actually fucking do?
Nobody knows.

The people in Power do not answer to the citizens of Europe, they are not elected and they can do basically everything they want.

At the moment they are probably trying to make Europe into a proper State.

m8, try saying we don't have immigration quotas
why do you even think hungary had to make a referendum to lower that quotas? Only england has a lower quota because they filibustered it and don't belong to the schenghen area, you have no idea what you're talking about
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/eu-to-fine-countries-that-refuse-refugee-quota/

exactly

because our gov are idiots and referendums are not legally binding, article 50 itself doesnt require a referendum

>they never griped

i have linked you to some videos here - i live in the north of england, fish is what used to sustain alot of the north. indeed they have complained about it several times

So we will slown down movement to halt until jew wins again, cool.

This.

a) I voted to stay. I like the concept of the EU
b) Our government tried to act like a monarch, so they had to make a court case to try and leave without an act of parliament. Also our government has genuinely no idea what to do post-leave, so they are stalling for time.

also im not sure what "official numbers" you want, the exact quota for fish? just google it or look on YT for EU debates

youtube.com/watch?v=BgFd--cONvs

>they are not elected
Neither are our supreme judges, who basically say what is law, our president and the people holding our ministeries or our chancellor, if you say indirect voting isn't democratic

Theresa May has made it pretty clear that Brexit is happening, but they're going to pull the trigger when they have a solid plan in place. Trump's statements have to be encouraging to them though.

It exists are an example of how to fuck up completely while not even realizing it.

They shuffle papers around

Then they create jobs to help shuffle more paper around

Then they create even more jobs to help shuffle paper around

>our government has genuinely no idea what to do post-leave

also incorrect, they are speaking with the commonwealth and have plans for free trade and travel between canada, AU and other commonwealth countries

I live in Scotland and it must be less of an issue. I was saying from my limited experience. I'm surprised Farage didn't protest against this, seeing as he was on the EU fishing committee.

Those are internal quotas not set by the EU. All countries in the EU can make their own foreign and domestic policy as they see fit.

farage didnt protest against this?

youtube.com/watch?v=pjEvXKquCyA

youtube.com/watch?v=CeMfeQfSzTY

scottish people are very reserved in my experience, you dont like to complain alot and will try get along

well, if your idea of foreign is any non-eu country. otherwise you HAVE to accept EU county citizens into your country under free movement clause

Basically more rules and taxes

if you watch those farage videos he talks about scotland too

It was meant to be a trade deal similar to NAFTA or TPP but it's grown into a governing body that has too much influence on the member states. Most don't mind because they pay in less than they get but the UK doesn't approve in being ruled by people they can't elect.

>Scottish people
>reserved
>don't like to complain
You didn't go to the same Scotland I did

>All countries in the EU can make their own foreign and domestic policy as they see fit.
You are lying like shill you are. Slovenia wants to implement anti-immigration law and whole fucking Brussels went full chimp mode and started bitching and threatening.

>the ability to leave at any time (not that it would be a smart idea as you are seeing in the UK).
t. dumb ass liberal cuck who listens to everything the BBC tells him

We get to elect the leader of our federal government as well as the legislature that debates and votes on laws.

>Also a lot of the laws make a lot of sense.
kys Achmed

Regulation and oversight of a common market.

you are so dense
"The European Commission's agenda on migration sets out a European response, combining internal and external policies, making best use of EU agencies and tools, and involving all actors: EU countries and institutions, international organisations, civil society, local authorities and national partners outside the EU." They set these quotas it's one of the biggest reasons why western europe is going crazy and eastern europe is going deus vult

totally agree kraut, he is dense as fuck, no idea what the rest of the continent is living