Why aren't you guys freaking out about this? This website is going to die almost immediately if this happens

Why aren't you guys freaking out about this? This website is going to die almost immediately if this happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Swvf3w6hcY4
youtu.be/btP0-d1bpw4
m.zuckbook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1566668930011636&id=360379003973974&_rdr
forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/#1fde7b644c7f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sup Forums prefers to let things happen and then lash out after the fact.

Hell hath no fury like Sup Forums scorned.

Good riddance
With nu/pol/ making this board even shittier, it's best to put this dying horse down

Willfully ignorant of what net neutrality is why am I not surprised. Time for you to turn on the TV for your morning Jews.

>Sup Forums didn't exist before net neutrality
Are people's memories so fucking shit that they don't remember just a couple years ago?

The only thing net neutrality did was give government the foothold it needs to control the internet as it pleases.

Why would it? I bet you take pride in using linux you shithead

youtube.com/watch?v=Swvf3w6hcY4

Lets face it, the internet has to die at some point. May as well get it over with.

Net Neutrality says that internet service providers have to treat all data traffic content equally regardless of content. So if net neutrality is removed, there is a good chance that most internet providers won't even allow people to visit Sup Forums at all simply because of all the trouble this website is perceived as causing. Or alternatively, the internet providers could contact the owner of the website and threaten to charge additional fees unless all racist content is purged from the site. Either way, without Net Neutrality Sup Forums won't last very long.

With out net neutrality, the internet turns in to cable TV. Which is what the cable companies have been dreaming about. Its their idea of heaven when you have to pay for premium internet to get access to anything thats not facebook, youtube and google.com.

>Trump is elected thanks to Sup Forums massive army of trolls
>Trump doing anything against them

Yeah, nah.

That's an issue only to people who don't have access to any other ISP. Even in the states such monopolies are the result of government subsidies to AT&T and such.

Ultimately ISPs care about money the most, or they'll go under. They don't really have a choice. So as long as people are good consumers, there won't be a problem.

Alex Jones put out a vid on this. I didn't watch the whole thing but his source claims the guy will be pro free speach.

youtu.be/btP0-d1bpw4

Maybe this will finally get people up in arms about internet monopoly and force the government to break up the cable companies. Again.

Force NEETS off the Internet

sounds like a good thing.

The world belongs to the normies

if this bill is passed I'm cutting my internet for good, not giving these kikes any more of my money.

>Why aren't you guys freaking out about this?
I knew this was coming since the beginning of his campaign. I think it's the shittiest part of him being elected but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. People with money want to make more money and they have the influence to get it.

Why didn't they do this before net neutrality? Why was this never a problem until now?

Because i need to get off the internet and live a traditional life

FUCKING NORMALFAS GET OFF MY BOARD

>People caring about shit,

10.10 Good one.

>net neutrality
>freedom

choose one

>Why didn't they do this before net neutrality

Because there is no "before" net neutrality. Net neutrality is how the internet has operated since the very beginning. It's not a new regulation. It has been in place from the earliest days of the internet.....until now.

>This website is going to die almost immediately if this happens
you mean i wont have to deal with you mentally ill faggots spamming >Sup Forums BTFO threads all day every day?

I would say feels bad man, but then I remembered the protests last Saturday. They should let Sup Forums make the decisions.

This. It's all about the money. Sup Forums is a VERY popular website. I know many people including myself that prefer anonymity on the internet and use it over all social media websites. And if one service cuts it, we'll just move to one that didn't. It's as simple as that.

Trump is always right. We are under a spell.

m.zuckbook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1566668930011636&id=360379003973974&_rdr

Oh I'm absolutely livid. I just want to get the word out before starting a petition so there will be enough outrage for demonstrations when the petition is taken down.

Without net neutrality, Sup Forums is going to die very quickly. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is up to you, but that is what will happen.

You do know that without NN the ISPs can kill off small businesses at will, right?

Except when Sup Forums memed the new president into the white house.

Sup Forums never existed before NN, sure thing faggot

What's to stop ISPs from pulling a cartel?

Then why were we against net neutrality back then?

you do realise that you've had net neutrality for years right? It's enshrined in law in the UK and stops the ISPs fucking us over more than they already do.

we are not doing anything about it becouse we can't do anything about it. unless you got some serious computer wizarding skills you really got no opportunity to do anything. fuck i mean we could protest but even then what would that achieve? look at the faggots and lefties protesting in the streets in north america, what have they achieved? nothing

>Without net neutrality, Sup Forums is going to die very quickly.

Sup Forums existed for years before "net neutrality" was invented. In fact, the entire fucking internet existed for quite a long time before "net neutrality" regulations were created. Funny how none of your Occupy Democrat memes didn't exist in reality during all those years, it's almost like you're making shit up!

bow down to your government masters and suck that dick some more, faggot

Also sauce? We big boys post citation, shill. For all we know this is all another fake news thing.

which site did this come from

That was a reaction to eight years of nigger rule.

People love murdering their children. People dont even know the internet consists of anything but a handful of mainstream websites.

Net Neutrality was in effect long before the creation of Sup Forums. Net Neutrality has been in effect since the very beginning of the internet.

there is no bill retard.

And meme magic.

Hillary's campaign was literally trying to attack pepe at one point, just to give you one example.

Cartel laws? Competition? Angry polacks with molotovs?

In any case, Sup Forums bleeding out to normie websites would be an apocalypse worth seeing, so whatever happens, I win.

lol

So, is Trump being misinformed of what Net Neutrality is?

But there WAS NO NN before recently. ISPs and other companies played fair out of good faith.

>But there WAS NO NN before recently

Completely wrong. NN has been in effect since the earliest days of the internet.

What US statute required all ISPs to treat data equally?
Cite the law.

>Hildabeast wouldnt lead the charge against the "alt-right" claiming the need to purge the racist content from the internet

we were fucked either way

>trump
>the man who wants millions to have access to his Twitter updates

Yea, I don't think so

>net neutrality around since the beginning of the internet
I can't believe this even has to be said. I forget how unironically ignorant people are on this board sometimes

I don't recall "net neutrality" being around in 2003.

>Net Neutrality says that internet service providers have to treat all data traffic content equally regardless of content.
Yeah that's how it's advertised. Well done.

Fuck off. 'Net Neutrality' was passed in fucking 2015 - the internet and genuine net neutrality was not invented in 2015.

It's like the pro-EU traitors and morons in the UK who kvetch at the prospect of the Human Rights Act of 1998 being repealed - cos obviously before 1998 'human rights' didn't exist in Britain and the repeal of this 1998 bit of EU nonsense would return us to the fucking Dark Ages.

>anoymoose
>we

okay

That's a load of fucking shit desu. ISPs used to have total control over what they let you do and what they offer with their service, one net neutrality was forced on them they lost that choice, which is a good thing, but you're retarded if you think "the net was always neutral... until now! D:"

Net Nuetrality is giving power over the internet to the gubment. The reason the internet is awesome after 20 years is we didnt give gubment power over it.

I don't think he had that talk with Bill Gates yet.

This is Sup Forums
Trump could literally suck George Soros dick on live TV and they'd justify it

I have no idea what motivates Trump. He's a very unpredictable person. But if he does through with this, he's essentially cutting his own throat. "Alternative" websites like Sup Forums, Infowars, and breitbart were a big part of how he was able to get into office. Without net neutrality all that goes away. Maybe he thinks that now that he has the resources of the White House, he doesn't need those anymore?

>"net neutrality" was invented
I knew I would come into this thread and people would have no idea what net neutrality even is. Classic.
That's because it was before ISP's had the ability to intentionally rout data based on content.

Someone summon Barron in here and tell him to assert control over his dad on this

>Neutrality was passed in fucking 2015

NN has been in effect since the earliest days of the internet.

>That's because it was before ISP's had the ability to intentionally rout data based on content.
That has always been a possibility because packets are usually sent to core routers unencrypted and with headers intact. Whose scary bullshit are you even reading?

That's because it wasn't.
There was no law requiring ISPs to allow access to websites or to treat data equally before recently.

What happened? Youtube HD, Netflix, and AmazonTV. Who now use a tremendous amount of bandwidth without having to pay for the extra stress they put on networks.
When ISPs noticed this they began talks with content providers about charging extra fees for their heavy usage.
This of course didn't go over well with the likes of Google, Netflix, et al, so they drummed up this fearmongering campaign.

>"Alternative" websites like Sup Forums, Infowars, and breitbart were a big part of how he was able to get into office

That was my thoughts as well.

An end to net neutrality would mean the globalist corporations who wanted hillary in office could essentially squash all pro trump internet support.

As they have been trying to do since he announced he was running.

Because the right alternative isn't presented. Either there's no net neutrality or the government has undue control over the internet.

Stop lying you piece of shite.

By the way, does anyone have an enumeration of riders on the Net Neutrality law?

Are you tricking me?

Cite the law.
Tell us what law in 2004 required Comcast to allow you access to Sup Forums. For example.

Tor

>With out net neutrality, the internet turns in to cable TV. Which is what the cable companies have been dreaming about. Its their idea of heaven when you have to pay for premium internet to get access to anything thats not facebook, youtube and google.com.

This

>Fuck off. 'Net Neutrality' was passed in fucking 2015

Net Neutrality isn't a bill, or act, or law.

It's a communications philosophy that says that the individual companies that own the internet backbone don't throttle the information being sent through their networks based on pay for play or what not.

They let everyone use their networks, and everyone else allows them to use theirs.

Net Neutrality *IS* the internet.

Without net neutrality, the internet just becomes CNN.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH FAKE NEWS YOU SPAM

YOU

STILL

LOST

:^)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When has that ever happened?

t. cumcast shill

this in a way

Explain to me to like you're talking to an Australian shitposter who just opened his 7th amber bottle of degeneracy what this means, to not just 4chainz to the wider internet. Thanks in advance.

Nope. You still require IPs to use TOR and if they decide you only need access to 5 different IPs then thats all you get.

>Without net neutrality, the internet just becomes CNN.

Bingo. The mainstream news outlets would be able to completely control the internet and shut down everybody else.

>It's a communications philosophy that says that the individual companies that own the internet backbone don't throttle the information being sent through their networks based on pay for play or what not.

So why didn't they carry out the plan to do this- back when they first started allowing access? Goodness of their hearts?

keep sucking that dick, faggot

You do know the internet is only like 2 decades old right? You were born in the late 90s went you.

how would this affect tor? would i be able to use that

Because its fucking bullshit is why.

forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/#1fde7b644c7f

Evidence of this happening, plox.

Again, when has this happened?

He won't because there wasn't one desu

Read the thread you fucking drunk cunt.

Also we have fucking IDs.

ITT: uninformed fags who think there would be no market solution for unregulated and unlimited internet
(or poorfag leftists and neets who we don't want here anyway)

The only one sucking dick here is you.

TOR is literally just a slightly more complex proxy service.

>back when they first started allowing access? Goodness of their hearts?

it's part of the handshake to use other ISP's networks.

"You don't censor mine, and I won't censor yours."

Trump is an elitist psy op.

They knew they were close to getting shoahed, so they installed a false savior. They do a few things they should have done ages ago like repeal immigration from savage nations and btfo a few libs and the retarded plebeians love Trump like a God. Meanwhile his kike cabinet plunders the country further, and big corporations get even richer under his rule.

Trump has quietened on auditing the fed. They are agents of kikes and the so called "elite" to distract you.

The only way we enter a true golden age is if we as humans organize WITHOUT violence. Meaning you cannot coerce a man or woman into doing anything, we all collectively work together without the threat of the government shooting you if you refuse to contribute. THAT is the true golden age. Trump is a false prophet.

You are clearly 12. Since you are 12 ill go ahead and spoon feed you a little common sense.

1st, the internet was protected under carrier laws with later was called net neutrality. At the time the internet was an obscure thing that only nerds used. Now that the internet can be exploited worse than cable TV, the wolves have been salivating to rip it to shreds.

that is a lie, the internet is as old as humanity itself.
we are all connected

As in: "You don't censor MY customers, and I won't censor YOUR customers"

Internet companies already do this stuff why is this an issue again?

No, it's not. And we're getting gigabit speeds, you libcuck faget.

archive.is/Bg5eE