BREAKING: Dow Jones Industrial Average hits 20,000 for the very first time ever

>BREAKING: Dow Jones Industrial Average hits 20,000 for the very first time ever.

cnb.cx/2jwVWpH

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-01-25/trump-euphoria-turns-to-market-frustration
youtube.com/watch?v=wboEs3wZI0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Winning

can anyone say bubble?

REMEMBER THE TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND

you do know that doesnt mean anything ,right? my sociology professor was telling me how the stock market is a scam to weaken the lower classes and the make the wealthiest people richer

Pretty much the stock market is overvalued. There seems like there will be a correction soon.

This sounds like exactly what rich people tell poor people
>Not buying low and selling high

You can't go wrong with cash holding now. Just wait for the market to correct itself

MACD and RSI for the DJIA indicates it's going to be flat and/or a sell off might occur soon.

This.

Use an archive you fuck

I know it's from (((Bloomberg))) but hey

>Investors need to keep a close eye on Washington, but also on important trading patterns. Large selloffs in equities in July 2015 and January 2016 came after the benchmark closed below the 120-day moving average on several days. Although that happened again in the week before the election, the average closed above on Nov. 7 in a clear buy signal to chart watchers.

>Although other so-called technical indicators, such as those measuring momentum, relative strength and volume have become less bullish, the Dow has remained above its 120-day moving average since the election, making that a critical level to watch. A drop below may mark a turning point in this long bull market, especially in a less-than-smooth budget planning process.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-01-25/trump-euphoria-turns-to-market-frustration

this solves the mystery of where Obama's ten trillion in new debt went.

It's going to grow up to mid 2018, when it'll either throw you into a repression, or as more people believe, a depression.

>You can't go wrong with cash holding now.

No. Buy into healthcare and consumer staples ETFs and exit at the end of 2017

Trump bump
this is what happens when you focus on rebuilding the economy instead of environmentalism or social justice

>into a repression
kek, recession

>into healthcare and consumer staples ETFs
Care to explain? I'm really intrigued

Its not a boom its a bubble

get solid gold instead of just holding cash.

>my sociology teacher was telling me about economics
Let me stop you right there user
Why are you taking sociology?

and it had absolutely nothing to do with Trump

gold is promising but its less liquid than cash. Cash is good when stocks decline, which most people think the market will decline soon.

That's the (at least historically) most profitable sectors during the late cycle (and recession) of the US economy. Maybe energy as well but I'd stay away from it due to the volatility of oil.

The best way to look at it is capital panicking from everything else and going to the two sure sectors that simply must survive or society collapses, healthcare and food production. You enter early, wait for the pre-recession capital flight to occur, exit and proceed to buy some real estate in Scandinavia or Switzerland if you can.

>anything bad happens
>well I guess this is Trumps america
>anything good happens
>look this was clearly because of Obama

> Obama inherits the worst stock market since the Great Depression
> It rebounds over 8 years due to QE driving interest rates to near zero forcing people to invest in stocks if they want any sort of return that will beat inflation

Look guys, Obama totally saved the economy!

I was under the impression you wanted to hold cash/gold, wait for the recession, then sell it and buy stock at the bottom of the market.

Obongo printed money and inflated the market. The most recent moves are directly correlated to the policy changes of Trump. Obongo didn't have anything to do with the latest increase. Markets move at a millisecond pace, it's literally everything to do with Trump's policies and nothing to do with obongos pumped up market inflation Ponzi scheme. 9 trillion of obama bucks is his legacy, to be paid back by the unborn.

thanks Bulguranon. Are you by chance an algo-trader? I spoke to a Bulgarian bloke on 4chinz a long time ago and he knew a lot about stocks.

Finally. The suspense was killing me. Since late last year it was playing around that area

Mainstream media will find a way to spin this against Trump.

Thats nice user, you keep believing that while intelligent people who don't take some morons sociology class make lots of extra money through intelligent stock analysis.

CNBC is fairly kind to Trump.

I just hope all these regulations being repealed won't give us all lung cancer.

I have the same economic understanding as a brick is this a good thing?

>AMZN up almost $30 since I checked like 3 days ago
Feels good man

We're going to see a 15% pop at minimum because of the corporate tax rate cuts Trump is proposing.

BUY GOLD NOW

Trump has been in office for all of 2 days, if you're going to give any president credit for this, it's Obama.

It is good, for now, however; as numerous posters in this thread has stated. It's most likely a bubble. There is a lot of over-valuation at the moment because Trump being in office is a sign that businesses will thrive, it's certainly not definitive, but the stock market operates on a lot of assumptions.

If those assumptions are wrong, we're looking at another potential recession.

I already have a couple of ounces in my house. When should I sell?

Oh no. You don't get to fucking blame Trump for shit that goes wrong before he takes office, then give Obama credit for shit that goes right when Trump is in control.

Fuck you.

It's a little unsettling because it could be a bubble. Really depends on which analyst you listen to.

Rofl no. Obama gets cred for 09-16 though. He let the Fed pump cash into the economy and that's why the stock market was so high to begin with. This bump since November is because of Trump though.

Is this before or after your gender studies class

Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=wboEs3wZI0A

The middle east is still debating on letting muzzies buy gold bonds instead of bullion. Hold it.

Probably for core class requirement, I had to take it when I was in undergrad for Finance.

20,000 what exactly?

Yeah man totally, it definitely has nothing to do with the massive consumer confidence increase when Trump was elected you definitely know what you're talking about ;^)

Everything looks like a bubble when that's the only market concept you know.

sounds like you are studying Marxism

Dollars. So of course you have to ask yourself how 20k of today's dollars compares to 16k or whatever of yesteryear's dollars. That way you can ask yourself how much of this bump is real market confidence and how much is just tracking dollar devaluation from QE etc.

20,000 souls of capitalist shills.

And it may go much higher since euro floats in(negative interest rate, nice joke), but also Yuan (via bitcoin) and rupee(they shat on their economy in one night).

Nazis despretly trying to bring good news.

DOW starts with 19.994,48 and ends on 20.054,95

that´s nothing. A act of desperation to arificly push the dow.

Yeah but how are they paying? They certainly aren't looking at an increase in pay. Or adding jobs at the Federal level. Or looking at a living wage. This is a bubble. The rich are about to short the shit out of this in a few weeks.

Look at all these nocoiners

Bubble.

Well "bubble," is a relative term when it comes to capitalism. With growth you can and will have pull back after the market is saturated. It's simple supply and demand. We've maintained growth for quite a while and in most patterns and historical charts there will be a pull back.

It's possible Trump's tariffs will cause some heartache with consumer prices. For some demographics that $1-$5 adjustment at the register is enough for them to start pulling back on purchasing or paying off debt and that means less money circulating.

Capitalism is a pretty delicate balance. As money goes so goes the economy.