Redditors analysis on how it REALLY was during the 1950s

I was browsing reddit today, and saw this heavily upvoted 1950s video about how to ask for a date.

youtube.com/watch?v=CyFIaGs_L_k

At first, I thought nothing of it, in fact, I thought it was pretty good advice!

I WAS SO WRONG!

As the comments prove the 1950s was, a racist, ablest and homophobic society built for straight white males, and this video is a propaganda relic of the era:

>Gee, those times sure do look swell! I'd give my right foot to live in those times!
>Edit: Nevermind. I'm black and gay

The above comment really made me think! Reconsider the 1950s Sup Forums! It might be good for straight white males (as I am) BUT not for anyone else!

>be a man in the 1950's
>coming home from work from my high paying unionized job with pension and benefits
>drive my 8,000lb 8mpg 18' long car with huge fins on the back
>glance out the window and see a negro walking down the street
>stop at the corner bar and call the cops, watch as they beat him into a coma while sipping a Gimlet
>stop by the hardware store on the way home and buy several guns with no background check
>greeted by my submissive and dutiful wife with a kiss
>greeted by my obedient and well educated kids with a hug
>greeted by my Golden Retriever carrying my slippers
>sit own to a dinner of all-American grown products that is already on table
>after dinner the kids do their homework and the wife does the dishes
>pour myself a Canadian Club on the rocks and recline in my La-Z-Boy
>watch the nightly news and see America bombing Communists in some backward shithole
>smile as I remember all the Nips I killed on Guadalcanal
>plan our family vacation trip to the Poconos
>time for bed
>fuck my wife in the missionary position with no concern for her pleasure
>drift off to dream of the greatness of America

It sounds nice but ask yourself, is that really the world you want to live in?

fuck yes

It wouldn't fucking hurt, lad. Are you going to tell us that we should feel guilty for wanting a decent life after our ancestors hardship?

Granted it seems too good for me and I want a bit of work to do. However, it's better than anything today.

>quads

kek has praised you.

yes

checked

So it was good for 40% of the country

as opposed to now where everyone hates everyone and its good for maybe the 10% who can isolate themselves.

Thanks libs.

Kek. Apparently I wasn't the only one that found it hilarious.

They need to name a country on Earth that provided a higher quality of life for blacks, gays and women in 1950 than the United States of America.

pretty sure a gay black man would fare worse in the hood than 50s america

>Browsing reddit

Wtf I hate gay niggers now

Then your kids grow up to be total fucking douche nozzles and abandon every principal that made this awesome lifestyle possible. Morals were abandoned during the sexual revolution. It would only be a temporary paradise until the next generation comes along and fucks it all up.

Who here did write love letters to his crush?

You know quality of life was better in the 50's for blacks, gays and women as well

But you were not allowed to act like a nigger, faggot, or cunt

That is all the protesting and rioting in the 60's accomplished
People struggled to be able to openly act like a nigger faggot or cunt

so how has that worked out?

>So it was good for 40% of the country

To judge by the declining happiness of women, it was good for about 80% of the country.

In fact, it was good for blacks, since they had less crime, less illegitimacy, fewer broken families and more functioning black neighbourhoods.

But with the difference in society and politics, if we rebuild the 50s society, this WILL apply to any and all who work for it, asian, black, middle east, etc

>I was browsing reddit today

Maybe you should stay there.

>You know quality of life was better in the 50's for gays
One of these things is not like the others.

Blacks? Probably. Blacks communities are in free-fall at the moment. Women? Arguably.

But I don't think it was ever better for gays than it is right now.

>kids in the 50's

Your kids would be the first sluts.

>But I don't think it was ever better for gays than it is right now.

AIDS didn't exist in the 1950s. I think that's better for gays.

It was much better for homosexuals during the 1950s because homosexuality was recognized for what it is, a mental illness.

Now, they think it is normal.

The only people who catch AIDS are the ones who deserve it tbqh. It's a self-correcting problem.

Okay.

I was being ironic at first but this is very under-rated (quads and only 2 gets) and proves that the 1950s was in fact better.

Yes. This timeline is starting to look pretty dank though.

>born to late to live the Comfy 50s life
>born just in time to purge commies for the Trump Reich

More like 90%, America was nearly 90% white in the 50's. There were isolated Chinese and Japanese communities, almost no hispanics, and blacks were only ~10% of the population.

Look Europe, and behold how fast our nation has changed.

>The only people who catch AIDS are the ones who deserve it tbqh

I agree with you. Fags deserve to have AIDS.

My fuggin sides. Who did this? These people are 100% triggered.

>SJWs speak of racism but engage in "appalachian stereotyping"

That's too depressing.

>Reconsider the 1950s Sup Forums! It might be good for straight white males (as I am) BUT not for anyone else!

Well, Obama taught me to only think of myself.
He never worked out a compromise once during his 8 years if there was any way he could bully, force, trick or cheat his Establishment wishes through.

>fuck my wife in the missionary position with no concern for her pleasure

ironically thats what pleasures her the most
>women

>ironically thats what pleasures her the most

Who cares?

We need more comments like this, please Sup Forums!

>black and gay

That's what, a >95% chance that he has HIV?

he is at 150%

why do whites always do this to great places?

the 1950's were so bad that everyone became wealthy

Don't worry. Liberals will fix America, just like they fixed Detroit.

yes

Yes

>The western world is rapidly turning into brazil

How do i even cope with this depressing fact? I moved to the states from Sweden and the US is a glimpse into the very close future of sweden.

>It was bad for
>Intelligent women
Surely intelligent women have it better than dumb reckless women in any scenario. This one screams of projection. The commenter is clearly a woman.
>Disability
Not the government's fault you were born a cripple. Sorry lad but disabled people have it worse off regardless of time period. That's why they are called disabled.
>Mental illness
Fair point. Less drugs and treatments available, but not really the fault of the times. Obviously they knew less than us about this stuff. But at the same time, more people are depressed and psychotic now than before. Really makes you think.

Overall your argument is bad.

Did Mohammed ever write you back?

>i was browsing reddit today

OP never fails to deliver on being a fag

Cripples had it better back then too. A family wouldn't disappear tot he 4 corners of the Earth chasing jobs. They would stay on the same street or at least the same town. Then your crippled bro would live with one of them or get a house right next door for them to keep an eye on them.

ofc, why not?

>the 50s are bad because I'm X

This is the same god damn thing they are saying about the present

>Strike against integration of Clinton Hi

oh the irony

>die at 40 of lung cancer or some other illness that can be easily treated today

>anyone who wasn't a healthy white male
>white male
Which in the 1950s was roughly 45% of the total population, and the driving force behind it.

Liberal youtube comment (in the gay black man chain):

>Classy. I"m sure you're highly educated and successful.....

Why do liberals act as though education and success make one less likely to be racist?

I would make the argument that education and racist beliefs has has a U curve relationship wherein:

A. (first high point on the graph)

>No college - More racist

B.

>Some or 4 years of college - less likely to be racist because of liberal indoctrination. Anyone can get a BA or BS degree and proclaim that they are "educated".

>Advanced graduate degree (MD, PhD), excluding affirmative action admissions. --- the curve shoots upward again. To make it this far, you typically need to be intelligent. If you're intelligent you can do analysis, see patterns, relationships, determine causality and you realize without doubt that intelligence is not equal and begin to see that its variation by race is statistically significant. The most racist people that I have ever known were in this category.

Lung cancer can't be treated easily today. It can treated with extreme difficulty, pain and expense today with the understanding that it will probably return within five years.

Reddit fuck off
Go back
You have to go back
Nobody cares
Nigger

Meant to put a C before this.

C.

>>Advanced graduate degree (MD, PhD), excluding affirmative action admissions. --- the curve shoots upward again. To make it this far, you typically need to be intelligent. If you're intelligent you can do analysis, see patterns, relationships, determine causality and you realize without doubt that intelligence is not equal and begin to see that its variation by race is statistically significant. The most racist people that I have ever known were in this category.

Where do I sign up hombre?

Whelp looks like it's time to be angry again

It's almost as if family is the backbone of civilization.

HMMMMMMM

How can one man be so based?

They rightfully assume those who have been through college will be more brainwashed than those who haven't. But the idea is "only dumb red necks would be racist", because they can't understand intellectual racism as that is an oxy moron in their propaganda world.

That part you underlined is retarded. If you're disabled, insane, dumb woman, unhealthy male or nigger male life isn't gonna be easy no matter what year it is. Duh.

It's reality, not 1950.

How do you reverse the chair like this?

A salient point.

What could we all have possibly done to be born in this time period? Why do we not get to enjoy a 90% white population?

It would of been easier in the past as they didn't expect defective people to live normal lives. Unless you were so far gone they cut part of your brain out you would have had a healthier life back then.

I am not even white but damn ;_;

flatpack

she derped the assembly

You actually have an advantage in 2016 being one of those groups (aside from perhaps the genuinely disabled), in western nations owing to affirmative action (AKA, positive discrimination).

In fact, I've considered posing as being gay for graduate school admission to increase my of chance of admission. Write how hard it was to get to this point, etc.

>dumb woman
>ugly woman
FTFY, dumb women would probably be better off then, but ugly ones would be doing about the same.

Actual comment:

>so Woody decided to relieve his erection and stayed home with kfc and the Xbox again. he was sad but then learned that he avoided VD

Why are redditors so perverted? You need to be mentally ill to even think that let alone comment it.

you mean everyday
you have to go back

>I was browsing reddit
Fuck off and kill yourself

I've claimed to be a non practicing Jew before so I wouldn't get fired for being racist.

It worked so well my accuser was reported.

>implying I wasn't being 1111050% ironic in my first two posts and was doing so to bring attention to the degenerate SJW comments making fun of muh pristine 1950s (I don't have a Waifu, I have a decade, god damn it) in hopes of getting some great Sup Forums comments.

See:

classic pua, woody got games for days

Do you really have to ask?

Just like the 1950s!

It would seem they took the bait.

japan or us japan or us japan or us

>portugal
eh, ok

>I would like to live in 1950
Enjoy asbestos and lead poisoning.

Me! She read it aloud during a class break and everyone made fun of me for the next 2 years.
She's single with 3 kids and a suicide attempts now so I guess it's okay.

I managed to inhale loads of asbestos and it's not 1950 where i live

Paradise lost

>be a man in 2017
>coming home from teaching at university
>drive my fuel efficient mexican made japanese car
>glance out the window and see an african-american walk funny down the street
>stop at the CVS to get tampons, leave and get hassled by funny walking african-american, give him a dollar to leave you alone
>stop by whole foods on the way home to buy produce and a pint of gelato
>greeted by a cat walking away
>eat entire pint of gelato
>clean the litter box and hide empty pint underneath it in the trash
>prepare butternut squash dinner from sunday nytimes recipe
>greeted by my marketing wife
>cat returns and gets fed
>sit down to dinner and listen to wife complain about her staff and clients, pretend I care, pour her red wine and give massage
>watch Anderson Cooper 360 and secretly browse Sup Forums on my iPhone while wife is shopping for shoes on her Macbook
>smile as I remember all the memes I reposted in 2016
>plan weekend to see wife's friend's new baby
>time for bed
>fuck my wife bareback on a towel, still told to cum outside, take a shower to wash away blood
>shit post on Sup Forums until 3 in the morning

Come on Sup Forums I was hoping to see you shit post and trigger all these youtubers in the comment section there.

So far, only two good replies to original pic related.

we need more replies

more likes.

Let's do this.

Roll

Does anyone have a time machine?

Rollerino

Remember!

Yes

Alright, let's do this!

Fuck.