There are people who think a child understands morality and simply speaking to them will make them behave

>There are people who think a child understands morality and simply speaking to them will make them behave.
>There are people who do not believe that the only thing a child's mind can comprehend is pain = bad = don't do that again.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2014/07/23/health/effects-spanking-brain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Being firm, your kids will listen to you.

Maybe they don't grasps the depths of morality and theory of mind, but they trust their parents and try to listen.

Shouting helps.

do you have children?
i have two and they listen when i speak. when they don't listen to you, you suck at parenting.

You're doing a good thing, fellow vaterman.

>shouting helps

personally i discovered that starring them straight in the eyes for some time without saying anything helps more. but this depends on the children of course.

>hitting your kids
i can't believe people still do this. Hitting your kids causes mental problems. The correct way to discipline a child is to firmly and clearly explain why what they did was wrong and hand out a grounding and stick to it.

>kid behaves correctly
>give treat
>kid behaves negatively
>take treat away

Not that hard, all you have to consider is what's the bare minimum you're legally required to provide for your child.

Yes goyim, spank your children
cnn.com/2014/07/23/health/effects-spanking-brain/

Absolutely true, I hope anons everywhere learn this.

Open aggression must only be the final solution (kek)

>CNN
wtf i love spanking children now

>Implying children give a fuck about whether or not what they did was wrong.
That's some pretty powerful autism you have there, faggot.

Same. I distinctly remember not giving a shit about authority as a kid, and everyone around me felt the same. The thing that kept me in line through elementary school was fear of my dad shouting at me or even hitting me with a belt.

>Researchers found children who were regularly spanked had less gray matter in certain areas of the prefrontal cortex
This sounds like it could easily be just the types that beat their children tend to come from certain ethnic groups.
Correlation as opposed to causation.
Kids brains getting smaller because of a spanking sounds like a real stretch.

>anime girl
Expected retardation and got just that.

>implying children can even comprehend something as retarded as social norms

This user has a working brain.

True.

My son is 13.
I have never punished him.
I have allowed to experience the natural consequences of his actions (if you climb where mom told you not too, you may fall on your ass).
I have not held back with my feelings and emotions_ or required him to. This has resulted in some important conversations ("I'm really mad at you for not cleaning up when I told you to" "Well I'm mad at you for laughing at me in front of my friends" "I didn't know that bothered you son, I'm sorry" "I'm sorry too. I'll clean up.")

We have a great relationship, he is a straight A student and never getsinto trouble.

Used very sparingly:
"I'm disappointed in you" is incredibly powerful with adolescents.
However if overused, it becomes meaningless.

>come from certain ethnic groups

twisting the data to meet your biases is not science, but nice try

the oldest child is always aligned with the parents.
it is the second child who needs discipline.

Solution: have just one, like me.

If you are at the point were you need to hit your child you have already failed