Trump mutes scientist communication

What the fuck? I ain't hating Trump, but this is wack as fuck, I like his ideas in general but denying science and climate changes is dumb, muting it makes it even worst.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/kevin-trenberth-on-climate-change-and-tornadoes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cant let the sheeple know about the flat earth

muh (((climate change)))

"Scientists" are all leftist scumbag welfare queens anyway.

also, they were using their twitter accounts to post anti-trump memes, so fuck them

t. concern leaf
Die in a beaver pelt fire, faggot

I disagree with Trumps stance on climate change but there is some obvious media bias going on here. Trump cannot just silence scientists. He has no control over the peer reviewed process or how research is conducted. This is where climate scientists present their findings, so without any context I simply do not understand this angle that Trump is silencing scientists in any way.

the OFFICIAL twitter accounts*

not their personal accounts

It's only government funded scientists

You know, the ones who think cannabis has no medicinal value.

(((scientists))) were using government twitter accounts to post anti-Trump memes often unrelated to science at all (i.e.: crowd size per instance)

There's so much stupid shit in here I don't even know where to start.

IIrC this was happening too

show me one

ok senpai

you mean they can't post anti-trump stuff from gov't accounts?
that's totally unreasonable not because it's unreasonable but because FUCK DRUMPF

can't cuz they were deleted

>inb4 they are just posting facts!

>studies global warming effects on fog

She's literally doing fucking nothing and getting paid for it.

>denying science
76 genders

>this is wack as fuck

it would be great if they got back into science instead of "climate science"
but real science is too hard for them, i suppose.

fucking regressive shit from trump

>government (((scientists)))

Good, fuck em.

But those are facts, user. And not even alternative facts, those are real facts.

its not a communication blackout retards

hes making it so epa and the like have to go through him first before pushing regulations

I just spent 60,000$ on college and did my required 5 leftists facebook posts a day for a federal job at the EPA to watch glaciers break up, smoke weed and publish whatever the leftists in power tell me to so they can tax your power bill. Now Trump came in and ruined it all with the stroke of a pen.

this is also a fact

Saw this fearmongering on MSNBC yesterday.

These fucks sensationalize everything because otherwise no one would watch.

He told them not to talk because he doesn't have his energy secretary in yet.

>wanting serious debate
>1 post by this ID
I'm sick of this shit. Sage faggot

HAHAHAHA are you seriously posting a reddit thread as fucking proof...

>temperature going down.
>hottest years on record three years in a row.

Okie dokie, sport.

Looks like america has to pay a environment tax on all its exports.

45% seems ok for teh start. Ameriniggers start polluting earth health care problems will rise.

America will pay for this, not to mention american exports get EXTREMELY expensive and american economy tanks.

> (i.e.: crowd size per instance)
Damn, that's something that triggers him big time. Scratching his ego is his big weakness. I can see how that will be abused by other nations soon.

You fags cry about censorship in media all the time (by that I mean all of Sup Forums), then fucking defend this right now.

>Inb4 build wall

These are 100% verified facts. I don't see what you're getting at.

They are massaging the numbers. Raw numbers don't show that.

I hope they build a nuke.

>gag order on EPA employees

>scientists can't speak

No people who work for the wack ass EPA can't leak the absolute ravaging they are about to get from the trump admin

yes.. and.. highest CO2 in 650,000 years

what was it 700,000 years ago?
What as it 800,000 years ago?
cherrypicking stats to support a cause is not science.

>science and climate change
Those 2 don't go in the same sentence.

I hate this fucking sensationalist media so fucking much.

I knew the media was bad but my god they're turning it up to 11 with this blatant misinformation and sensationalism since the rise of Trump.

Look at that fucking headline - lefties read it (since that's all they read 99% of the time) and they think Trump is going on some censoring spree saying fucking scientists shouldn't communicate with the public. But the fucking REALITY is that all he did was order national agencies like the EPA and the National Park Service to refrain from posting politicized climate change bullshit on their twitter accounts, so they could do their real fucking jobs. How in the world does the fucking media translate this to "he wants to SILENCE the scientists!!!!!"

Same thing with the abortion bill. All it was is a ban on US funding towards NGOs overseas if they include abortion in their family planning services. It's not like he shut down clinics, he just made it so we don't send taxpayer money to useless organizations if they're gonna be spreading their abortion shtick.

The headlines for that one were "Trump just signed a bill that BANS ABORTION" or the funniest one, "Trump may have just killed thousands of women across the world with new abortion bill".

I absolutely fucking loathe this shit. This media is really trying their damndest to make Trump out to be like some kind of fucking dictator.

On frogs not fog fampai

I didn't say they weren't facts.

context matter tho.
The tweets are not the job of park service.

>EPA -verified account- posting OccupyDemocrats images is okay!

I guess you consider facts to be stupid.

>Consensus over twitter
>Science
Pick one.

I love this argument. Trump stands up for the common man! He's one of us! Doesn't matter that he graduated from Fordham where the tuiton is 45K a year! He's blue collar like me!!!

> implying this is bad

How many fucking studies do you need to run before you do something about it? How many conferences must you hold? Climate scientists are welfare queens whose job it is to promote government control of resources by hyping up a problem they cannot and will not solve 24/7.

There are many, many things we could do in order to reverse the trend of climate change if we truly believe that it comes from carbon dioxide. We can plant more trees, we could sequester carbon out of the air but we aren't doing any of those things are we? Rather, the impending doom is being constantly used to argue that government needs more control.

Besides CO2 is for plebs. The real issue is methane. Look it up. But for some reason, that one is not politicized. I wonder why?

Obama was going to make it law along with Hillary to make it illegal to deny climate change and to deny Global warming even though evidence would be present.

This was taken wildly out of context. This only applied to government scientists and was a temporary freeze on their social media and other outlets during the transition period. It happened with Obama and Bush as well. Once the appointees of the various groups are sworn in things will return to normal. This was only done to prevent random employees from shitposting on social media without a boss to be held accountable to.

You mean you can't or wont refute any of it?
Posts like this aren't convincing or useful in any way.

>being poor means you are a good leader

[citation needed]

"haha this shit is so stupid im not even going to refute any of it"
good goy

Open the image, motherfucking blind retard. You are too scared to even take a look.

Fact: everyone who has eaten carrots has died.

I could post a fact like it is raining outside. My only conclusion is that we are all going to drown in a great flood.
piss poor science

>Studying effects on frogs
>Thinks they're turning gay from climate change and not the chemicals in the water.

Ok, explain to me how tornadoes are a predictor of climate change.

I for one can't wait to enjoy my free and legal weed under President Trump!

Or wait is that not going to happen anymore because he's a Republican hack

America is doomed.
This is baffling. Is it even constitutional? What about 1st amendment?
This is completely retarded since without total speech freedom, science litteraly cannot exist. In science no idea is "sacred", you can discuss and try to refutate any of them freely. Science ideas are decided through aggressive experiments, not politics.

I don't think Trump wants to silence or deny any legitimate science but a lot of these "scientists" working for the EPA have like environmental degrees and are basically just memeing their way through life living off government stipends and expecting more and more funding every single year without producing consistent results. Why should the government keep funding things if they seem ineffective? There's no sense in propping up worthless scientists who are just draining the federal budget.

Alternative fact

>posting OccuppyDemocrats memes on official accounts is okay

Tornadoes form because of windshear, not "storm intensity". You can have tornadoes in weak thunderstorms if you have enough rotation in the atmosphere. Fuck you idiots are stupid.

That's the most ridiculous interpretation of "EPA banned from using twitter" that I ever heard.

Also, the EPA isn't made up of "scientists", and twitter isn't a peer reviewed journal so nothing posted on it is "science".

One of our media outlets had an article about how the sugar industry (coca cola and such) had been bribing scientists for more than 50 years, to downplay the rule sugar has on weight gain.

Climate change is global politics. Do you really think there aren't a shit load of scientists being paid to just nod and show some random graphs about how "true" climate change is?

Look up solar cycle research, they don't get any funds or publicity due to going against the status quo, but they make a lot more sense than "muh man made CO2!"

>Effects of global warming on frogs
Hahahahahahahaha yeah this shit is exactly why trump is doing this lol

>we are doomed because the president is telling government employees to stfu about shit

Yes that's constitutional

It's temporary until a through investigation can be conducted as to where funding is going for these scientists.

For the record, these """scientists""" spent most of their time posting anti-Trump memes, on the government's dime.

>in science no idea is "sacred",

Except what scientist say.

Are you under the impression the scientists that study the climate are also studying drugs? Are you so inept you can only imagine a cartoon stereotype of a scientist that studies all science.
Different fields, different people you dumb fuck.

Nice frame, you got any room in there for actual arguments or are you going to deny facts?

Or we could come up with high-emissivity IR-reflective paving materials so we reject more solar energy. Or invest in nuclear power. Or orbit solar reflectors.

fucking lol
needs to ban facts from getting out to justify his politics
americans, man

>global warming effects on frogs

>like, beneficial effects to frogs? That would give them an advantage over us?

Oh my god. Kek is doing this. This is why he elected trump.

Oh sure, I'll open the image that doesn't cite any credible sources (Seriously, one scientist? And it's not even in a peer-reviewed journal? Fuck off with that.) and even if it does, there's no possible way a random Anonymous poster on a Chinese basket-weaving board would make up a graph because he doesn't want to admit he got screwed by voting for a Cheeto with a hairpiece. :V

Easiest way to make climate chance science look like a fraud is to simply look at the government approach to a solution. They want to TAX.. They dismissed the idea of awarding lower tax rates for reducing emissions.
punishment vs reward
which would be more productive?
they just want more taxes.

What does a communication blackout for us scientists mean?

>Open the image

which one?

>"""facts"""

they spent most of their time just tweeting anti-trump memes, on the government's dime.

They claim it will.
scientificamerican.com/article/kevin-trenberth-on-climate-change-and-tornadoes/
Back in the early 10's it was a dominant narrative, they have since rolled it back.

That was a measure of the average intensity (by qualification) of existing tornados, not the mythological sort you seem to be hallucinating.
There has been no upward trend of recorded tornado intensity, frequency was a separate graph right fucking above it with no upward trend either.
I'm not even sure what you're arguing, at least pretend to know how to read.

LOL whatever you say Hans

>Open the image

>which one?

sorry, wrong thread.

fpbp

>le weed cures cancer
Kill yourself.

stay in denial, you got proven wrong with facts

Not an argument

What did you expect?
This is what Trump and his supporters wanted. I just wish they would start with the death camps so I have an excuse to grab my gun and shoot some Trump voters before I die

You're Canadian. That's gross.

prove it faggot, go back 650,000 years, take samples of the ocean and air and tell me about them, oh wait, you just got some guys who look at the strata and how the color of the rocks look and tell you what they mean, you might as well be telling me you can read minds, its a bunch of horseshit, I've been around long enough for this to swing from, global freeze, global hotspots (unlivable zones), to global drowning (water world), to global warming, to global weirding, to climate change. now a bunch of tenured scientists who have always eaten from the hand of the leftists is telling me the earth is gonna explode or whatever, don't you people fucking see these "climate scientists" are literally the new fuck shamans, doomsayers with nothing to offer but pilfered wisdom and words from smarter people on how our advanced society is fucking up the world, and how we better return to nature or else.... fuck that and fuck you, prove that it isn't just the planet going through its own natural changes as we come out of an ice age, and i'll fucking listen to you, because where I live, the weather has actually calmed down since I was a kid.

>posting OccuppyDemocrats memes on official accounts is okay

Right. Point is there are many things we could do to solve the problem, but don't. Instead scientist prefer to sit around all day huffing each other's jockstraps and promoting government control of resources. I can't say I blame them. My job would be a lot easier if you weren't allowed to look at my raw data and I never had to act on anything.

If anyone of you watched the White house Address

They suspended communications because of the administration change process. As well as they broke their Twitter posting protocols and were on a temporary freeze.

Tornadoes form because of windshear, not "storm intensity". Take off those two graphs.

The increase in severeity of droughts shows a clear upward trend from 1950's and on, about the time fossil fuels began to have an impact on the atmosphere.

Co2 lagging temperature is a false dichotomy. Temperature can cause co2 to increase, and an increase in co2 amplifies the temperature

The global hiatus was explained by the negative phase of the pdo, which switched to its positive phase in 2015, and helped feuled the strong el nino and record setting heat for 2015 and 2016. OH, we were still warming during that phase as well.

Climate change is a communist lie

>le YOU WEREN'T THERE may-may

Go to bed, Kirk.

underrated + checked