Is homosexuality a choice or not?

I have trouble wrapping my head around it and I can't really get a good debate on it from either side. Homosexuals will say "Of course we are born gay, you aren't a homophobe are you?" while Christianity teaches us that homosexuality is a sin. But God wouldn't produce people that are gay and have no choice just so they can be punished in the afterlife, that's kind of retarded.

As a Christian, I know it's not my place to judge homosexuals for their decision or to oppress them, but if they are truly born that way, then what does it say about the nature of Christianity?

If there is actual scientific proof that homosexuality is an inherent trait, it would make me question a lot of my beliefs, but as far as I know there isn't any proof that it isn't a choice people make. Yes, I know someone can choose to fuck a guy because they thought it was hot and then not do it again, but I am talking about homosexuals that say they knew they were gay since they were a little kid and they never found the opposite attractive in any way whatsoever.

Obviously bisexuals are just degenerate fucks that will allow anyone to apply pressure and friction to their dick or vagina in order to release feel good hormones.

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/6875-how-to-talk-about-the-gay-gene-discovery-without-sounding-like-an-asshole
youtube.com/watch?v=150QBUAisoo
fusion.net/story/171850/equality-act/
npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/28/402774189/activists-urge-states-to-protect-the-civil-rights-of-lgbt-people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics
youtube.com/watch?v=NMp2wm0VMUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its a mental illness and should not in any way be encouraged.

It's what happens when men can't get laid

homosexuality is a disease you get from doing too many xanax.

from what ive read

Interdasting.

I would say it's not a choice, but I can't argue with the fact that gay households produce higher percentages of gay/trans/werewolf-kins than with straight parents.

It's a mental illness that develops at a critical stage of ego formation, at around age 2. It's a kind of narcissism. That's how it was classified before the politically driven change in the early 1970s. Even the ancient Greeks understood it.

They aren't born with it, and it isn't a choice.

A few are probably hormone cases-- the androgynous ones like hairy butchy dykes and ambiguous males, and many are probably sexual abuse victims.

But your standard fag is a type of 'body narcissist' whose ego did not differentiate properly.

inverse.com/article/6875-how-to-talk-about-the-gay-gene-discovery-without-sounding-like-an-asshole

This is kind of neat, helps to reaffirm homosexuality is a choice.

here

its probably both. milo (breitbart guy) says he made a choice.

scientific discoveries (animals can show gayness) is something they didn't have when they wrote the bible. the bible will be wrong on many points as human learn more. religion is ok. but don't get stuck in dogmas.

being gay is a choice but its also an illness. If you can get help with conversion you can be straight.

But aren't "Gay" animals simply driven by their primordial urges to fuck something and release their seed through whatever means, not necessarily because they find the same sex attractive?

Everything of humans is nature and nurture.
I belive the nature of human beings is to be sexually attracted to other human beings and receiving stimulus by sexual contact. Then nurture comes in and makes you prefer a certain gender/look/personality whatever.
I belive that humans are the most advanced species because of that, everything they develope is founded in nature and then adapted in nurture, everything.

So Is homosexuality a choice? Yes, though I also have to say that I don't belive in free will as christianity belives in it with supernatural causation/non-deterministic choices. I belive everything is deterministic so some may end up in a life that makes them gay.

Yes

neither- it's a mental defect. there is no evidence that you can be genetically predisposed, but there is evidence that it can be a learned, acquured, or conditioned behavior.

>mfw I recognize that picture based on its sauce.

Being gay is a form of moral advancement.
Woman are inferior and exist only to serve men as well as reproduce to maintain population., but that's it.
Men are superior and should romantically and sexually engage with only men, overcome natural impulse and use brain instead. Ancient greeks get this.

FPBP

idk i assume they mean exclusive, could be population control mechanics or for getting extra child-caring in the tribe. or maybe the body realize that their genes are shit.

Most often it's a choice.
A better question is, why do you care? Did a homosexual piss in your cornflakes?

>But aren't "Gay" animals simply driven by their primordial urges to fuck something and release their seed through whatever means
They can be, which makes bisexuality a "natural" thing.

And there have been animals observed that had preferences. Like those gay penguins in Argentina or whatever that were monogamous to each other.

desiring a male over a woman isn't a choice.
acting on it is.

>Obviously bisexuals are just degenerate fucks that will allow anyone to apply pressure and friction to their dick or vagina in order to release feel good hormones.

>I am talking about homosexuals that say they knew they were gay since they were a little kid and they never found the opposite attractive in any way whatsoever.

There's a lot of us humans on this here planet, son.
If it can happen it will. Some people believe they're aliens, other have same-sex intercourse. It's part of being a monkey species.

Who gives a shit stop making your life revolve around where your dick goes

HOMOSEXUALITY is a choice. Having sex with a man is not involuntary.

HOMOSEXUAL FEELINGS are not a choice. Everyone has thoughts and feelings that are not socially acceptable, so they are not acted upon.

ACTING UPON HOMOSEXUAL FEELINGS is a choice. You can choose to ignore them. As difficult as it may be, it's not impossible, it's a vice, like anything else. This is why it is a sin, it's not something that is unavoidable.

the average faggot probably still looks better than the majority of Sup Forums

For the first few thousand years of human civilization, the notion of sexuality was moot. There was no such thing as gay or straight. You fucked for either pregnancy or to get off. The former generally with a spouse, the latter with whom or whatever. This held true throughout most of the ancient world, the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, virtually everywhere.

The notion of being homosexual (having ONLY interest in the same sex) is a relatively new idea on the grand scale of humanity and not supported by anything genetic. IE - it's a choice, even if the people delude themselves otherwise.

It's a choice haha.
Living in dream world.

I act like a normal guy, I speak normal have normal interests I am not effeminate. I don't act gay.
But am attracted to other guys.
I've tried to have sex with girls and just can't get an erection, never once got horny looking at a girl or fantasising about one they just don't turn me on.
I never had sex with guys and never will, in case I get STDs
If I could take a pill that would make me straight I would. I NEVER MADE THIS CHOICE ITS FUCKED UP MY LIFE

Or maybe they just want to fuck each other. You're giving sexuality way too much credit.
>tribe
Not every animal lives in a "tribe"
Just embrace yourself you literal faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=150QBUAisoo

This is from Hjernevask, the documentary that got the Norway Social Science Institute shut down.

Being a homosexual no, engaging in homosexual activity, yes. God hates the sin not the sinner.

Life is choice.

It's not that I care, I really don't. As a christian, it's not my place to judge people's sexual preferences that have no effect on my life at all, and I disagree with a lot of oppressive laws put against homosexuals in the USA, like kicking a person out of their apartment just for being a homosexual and shit like that.

I care because if it's a choice, then I can live with that. If they are born gay and have never had any heterosexual desires in their entire life, then it makes me question a lot of things like what is the biological purpose of homosexuality, and why are they so hated on?

It doesn't matter whether its à choice or not. It revolting and should not be encouraged.

Obviously not a choice. No one can choose who they find attractive.

If i google naked man I won't get an erection even if I try to choose to get one. Try it yourself.

In terms of religion, only gay sex is a sin, which obviously is a choice.

People who think being attracted to the same sex is a choice are dumb as fuck.

How were you raised? A good childhood with a nuclear family, no sexual abuse or any weird shit while growing up?

>It doesn't matter whether its à choice or not. It revolting and should not be encouraged.

In terms of religion, only gay sex is a sin

>what is the biological purpose of homosexuality
Does it -need- to have one? Shittons of things in nature everywhere are just byproducts without any obvious purpose. What is the biological purpose of the human appendix, except for being a timebomb in your body that you're born with? And don't give me that herbivore evolutionary rudiment thing, I mean HUMAN appendix. Generally put, "biological purpose" is a concept spawned from an overtly utilitarian, and perhaps even overtly anthropocentric, viewpoint.

>and why are they so hated on?
Not sure if Abrahamic religions were the first to popularize the homosex is bad meme, but they certainly were the most influential.

I've noticed that a lot of gay guys I know had trouble with "overly masculine" fathers and couldn't get girls early on in life.

Strong middle class family, no abuse.
No weird shit.
Good father and mother, I was the only child plently of friends good education lots of sports
Great upbringing

It's a choice to have sex with anyone. Saying it isn't is mental gymnastics.

I'm not going to stop loving my boyfriend just because one religion out of thousands says it's bad and I should feel bad. If there were sodomy laws, I'd still be with him--sex is only a small part of a relationship. I'm wired to be emotionally intimate with guys.

OK fine, does homosexuality deserve the hate and oppression it receives? Should gay marriage be allowed? Should homosexuals be a protected minority?

If it's just a choice, these are kind of easy to answer. You are born black, you are born asian, you are born with a disability etc etc... If you choose to be gay, then why should it be a protected minority? But then why should someone who choosed to be homosexual not be allowed to rent an apartment because they're gay?

What is stopping gays from living exactly the life they want to live

This

Parents

It's most definitely a choice, and the fact that it's so rampant means that people are starting to run out of roles, the first sign of a degenerating society. It should not be ignored, and swiftly corrected by breaking up big cities.

>I can't handle people disliking my lifestyle

If you can't handle the consequences then don't act on the impulses

If your gay grow a sack and tell them to deal, or if you ware a weak homo then stay in the closet

It's nobody's burden but your own

fusion.net/story/171850/equality-act/

npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/28/402774189/activists-urge-states-to-protect-the-civil-rights-of-lgbt-people

They can be fired, or kicked out of their apartment, or anything really for being gay. So yes, they can be a homosexual without going to jail, but they aren't entitled to the same protections of a straight person. I don't think this is right.

Animals just hump indescriminantely because they're fucking animals lol. My dog humps female dogs, male dogs, peoples legs, inanimate objects, the cat and anything he can find. I doubt that animals can be "gay".

Anyone should be able to be fired for any reason, your landlord should be able to kick you out for any reason

The only argument against this is that it is mean, and it is, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't allow it

Then explain, why is the lifestyle disliked? Why do gays have to "deal with it" and nobody else has to?
>I like to watch my dog hump things, now I'm an authority on zoology

Even if it were inherent, that shouldn't detract from Christianity in your mind. God challenges us to do right even when we're predisposed to doing wrong; by acting against "your nature" you learn sublime lessons which otherwise could not be taught. Don't think of the challenges that God puts in our path as Him "fucking with us." Think of the challenges instead as a crucible which will help make you a better person.

>boobhoo people have to approve of everything I do

1. Being gay is different, sorry to Busty the bubble but most people aren't gay and people usually aren't accepting of differences

2. On a social sense the idea of homosexuality being wrong is the same reason why pre marital sex or madturbaion is "wrong". Creating life is seen as sacred and to waste that miracle is considerd sin

This is common in many religions

But yeah that's essentially why, why do you have a right to make people pretend to accept you

It isn't your word; you are the weird one and you need to learn to deal with that. Nobody owes you accetence

>I'm not going to stop killing infidels just because one religion out of thousands says it's bad and I should feel bad. If there were common sense laws, I'd still be with Islam--purging infidels is only a small part of a my beliefs. I'm wired to be emotionally intimate with other islamists.

This is one of the weirdest pictures I've seen on Sup Forums, it's not that I haven't seen any gore and all that jazz, but something about it is just so unsettling.

>but most people aren't gay and people usually aren't accepting of differences
And why is somebody being gay a problem for those people? Not even homo, by the way.
>why pre marital sex or madturbaion is "wrong".
You'd be hard pressed to find a young person in modern society that actually opposes those things.
>why do you have a right to make people pretend to accept you
Because there's no logical argument not to?

It's a mental illness and degenerate and should be suppressed.

>It's a mental illness and degenerate and should be suppressed.

> Is homosexuality a choice or not?

No. Sodomy on the other hand...

Inshallah, brother.

Wait, I recognize this pepe.
Isn't this based off a picture of some 20 something yr old woman groping a 13 yr old boy?

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's wrong. It's more than just "being mean". You're poor and black and you were born in some small town in Texas. You aren't allowed to go to school because you're black. You aren't allowed to get a job because nobody wants to hire a black person simply because they are black. They have no money to move because nobody will give them a job, in fact they don't even have a houe because nobody will give them a house because they are black.

This is fine? If you give a meme "fuck all niggers" answer then fuck off, but being serious everyone should be on the same level ground to start off with. I don't think affirmative action should be a thing, or giving people benefits for being a certain ethnicity or shit like that.

>free will
this
free will is some profound illusion, although that doesn't change the
fact that aiming to be a good human is better than not.

HOMOSEXUALITY IS A PAIN IN THE ASS

Thy don't like you because you aren't like them

It's the basest of human actions, in group out group

By the nature of your strange sexual preference you are different, just like ugly peoples or foreign people or cropped

People have a natural aversion to different, logic has nothing to do with it.

Society has no obligation to make you feel accepted, you must either deal with your outcast role or if you can't deal with it or convince others to accept you hide it

You are owed nothing

Says the German who loves scat sex and drinking piss during sex.

>Homosexuals will say "Of course we are born gay, you aren't a homophobe are you?"

No, this is a strawman. I will make this post and then leave due to inevitable trolling from both sides.

The choice issue comes down to definition of homosexuality which is always debated.

One definition is that homosexuality refers to HAVING sex with members of the same sex. This is obviously a choice as no one is a compulsive rapist.

Another definition refers to having ATTRACTION to members of the same sex, exclusively. Is attraction a choice? Do you choose which girls you find attractive? It's honestly not an easy question to answer. I would say no, we don't consciously choose whom we are attracted to.

But wait, there's a way out if you still want to kill the gays. Just because we may not have conscious control over our sexual desires doesn't mean there aren't methods of conditioning to change this, i.e. some kind of therapy. That's when the ethical questions begin, and questions of, "What is the actual damage of homosexuality to society vs the damage therapy gone wrong can do to an individual?" and more. That's the whole debate. It's not about choice, it's about reaction to a societal phenomenon, and individual vs collective shit as usual. At least in my opinion.

>HOMOSEXUALITY IS A PAIN IN THE ASS
That's why the Greeks did it between the thighs.

Yes I think it's fine

But I value liberty over all else, ultimate liberty doesn't garuntee the best life for everybody it garunteed freedom to everybody

But what you are describing is a straw man, that type of world never actually exsisted even during African slavery nobody was treated that poorly to that extent

There is no example at least in the USA where the scenario you are describing was real

>I was born gay
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

The way your genetics are expressed is affected by the environment, Its nurture lad, not nature

i'd say its a choice in sense that you might be born or afflicted with it just as someone is born and or afflicted with depression and some ppl choose to take their own life unfortunately but still was their choice but one thing i will say being homo doesn't really make it right or wrong. But does that make it normal ? not really considering most of the population on planet is straight think of it this way if you'd somehow get 100% of pop to go gay then we'd just die out as a race it's a fact :/.

Wow, source of documentary please. Pol should watch it.

Fetish

>This is from Hjernevask, the documentary that got the Norway Social Science Institute shut down.
Please help me understand this.
There were 3 social workers that think being gay is a choice and reacted very upset about someone doing reasearch that it's based on genetics?
What's the big controversy here?

youtube.com/watch?v=NMp2wm0VMUs

Its not your choice to open to homosexuality
It is your choice to be a sodomite and entertain it.
A gay person can live a perfect asexual life and hopefully someday when all this pc "homosexuality is not a disease" bullshit goes away, get some real treatment for his/her disease.

It's a mental illness. We don't know for sure what causes it, because saying it's a mental illness is just "not done".

Identical twins. Genetically identical. One gay, one not. It happens.

Just look at gay behavior, I don't need any further convincing that they are mentally ill. Men are programmed to reproduce.

3 social scientists

>I'm not going to stop loving my boyfriend just because one religion out of thousands says it's bad and I should feel bad.

No you'll just do it because homosexual "love" is shallow and non-monogamous.

>It's the basest of human actions, in group out group
And here I thought for a moment that the "majestic and infallible race of the human being, the crown of creation" that christfags love to fellate so much could do a bit better than to succumb to its primitive pack urges.
>People have a natural aversion to different
Except the average homosexual isn't externally very much different from the average person. What can possess people to suddenly dismiss such a person just because he was revealed to be somehow "different" in private? Are people who play chess segregated as "different" to people who don't? Why don't we hate on them? Oh wait, chess isn't demonized in the bible...

did their dads molet them is what you're saying?

No it's not a choice and I don't see how this thing is even a debate, did you ever had the choice to be straight or gay? It's retarded.

And for Christianity, it isn't a sin to be homosexual, the sin in Christianity is to act on homosexual desires (laying with a man), the bible isn't as explicit with lesbianism though, it only mentions "non regular" relations.

Be my bf.

I dunno

I just like dicks

Stop thinking about me getting fucked user. That's gay.

It's not cool to accuse me of being unfaithful. We've been exclusive for over 5 years. I don't need anyone else.

>that's kind of retarded
Congratulations, you've just understood christianism.

The only way for all the things that just happen to just happen while a god exists is that each person is given a different trial. Gay's trials is, supposedly, to restrain themselves and keep their gayness under control.

Yours is probably to somehow succeed with a low IQ. Everyone gets a different trial.

how does this form? where are you getting this information from?

but does bring up question why would god afflict someone with something as homosexuality if he doesn't want them to act on it? You could argue that ppl are affected by depression bipolar, etc etc in order to show that no one is above god and that in the end were just human beings so why would god do such a thing if it is just given to them at birth? but you could also ask why do serial killers act out on their thoughts or better yet pedos why would god affect someone with such horrible thoughts as a pedo that even homo ppl say is wrong ?

Explain the girls saying to gay people, "what a shame he is gay". You may be projecting your own lack of skills to get girls user.

>but does bring up question why would god afflict someone with something as homosexuality if he doesn't want them to act on it?
Because God is allegedly an enormous dickwad, just read the OT

Some kids are born with skin cancer, addicted to heroin, bone diseases that make their lives constant suffering. All of them worse than being gay.

So yeah I don't know, the same way we can't prove if God exists, maybe if he exists you should ask him personally, because us humans don't have the answer.

OK obviously a homosexual isn't going to just not fuck other dudes soley in the name of God if it's what all their hormonal desires crave.

My life choices do not and should not affect you in any way.

Judging me even if you perceive me to be a sinner, then proceeding to push your views on me makes you a bad Christian.

I have a freedom to believe and do as I please, and I use that choice to suck dicks.

You have zero power over me, as I have none over you. Please respect my human rights, or you are a massive faggot.

Some of it could be genetic, some of it is most certainly social pressure.

Plenty of heterosexual males that never have sex with a girl. Many such cases here in Sup Forums! Aint that hard to avoid your sexual desires, specially if you got low sex drive.

idk it is an intersting topic but i do feel saddened when many ppl in cali at least that are homo dismiss god/abandon him in order to act out on their thoughts you should question everything, god, life so why shouldn't you question your own lifestyle but in end ppl do as they want i guess :/

Semen Warriors Of New Guinea
For them, 'gays in the military' is a necessity

An essay by anthropologist Gilbert Herdt, editor of Ritualized Homosexuality in Melanesia and the author of Sambia Sexual Culture, shows how radically different cultural perceptions of a proper masculine upbringing can be.

Bizarre homosexual rites are practiced extensively by numerous Melanesian tribesmen in New Guinea and adjacent islands. Young boys must "accumulate" semen for several years, either by regularly receiving anal penetration, or by swallowing the ejaculations of older males they fellate. This ancient custom springs from a religious belief system that regards sperm as the essential conduit of masculine energy; puny boys, they believe, are only transformed into virile warriors if they ingest large quantities of sperm.

"If you boys don't drink semen, you won't grow big," a Sambian elder tells prepubescent initiates. "You should not be afraid of eating penises ... it is just like the milk of your mother's breast. You can ingest it all of the time and grow quickly. A boy must be ... inseminated... If [he] doesn't eat semen, he remains small and weak."

Ten to twenty percent of all tribes in Melanesia -- an Oceania region stretching 3,000 miles from Irian Jaya to Fiji -- have mandatory "boy-inseminating" practices, claims Herdt. Boys here are separated from their mothers when they are 7-14 years old, and installed in "bachelor's houses."

The Marind-anim of Southwest New Guinea -- who were ruthless headhunters -- give the boys to maternal uncles who "top" them in anal intercourse for six years. The nearby Jacquai tribe refers to the adult penetrator as "mo-e" (anus-father) and the receiving child as "mo-mog" (anus-son). Big Namba chiefs of the New Hebrides Islands have numerous boy lovers; the Keraki of the Papuan lowlands sodomize lads at a bull-roarer ceremony; and the Great Plateau Kaluli "engage" youths to older men selected by their fathers.

Although many boys tremble initially ("I felt afraid... the penises were enormous," recalls Kalutuo, a Sambian from the Eastern Highlands) they all adjust quickly, because they believe semen is an elixir for manhood.

Many tribes -- like the Etoro of the Papuan Plateau -- claim that semen does not even exist in boys until it is orally or anally "planted."

This myth seems valid to tribesmen because boys start ejaculating when they achieve adolescence -- they are allowed to penetrate younger boys then, to maintain the tradition.

The "butching" of Melanesian boys with homoerotic activity is not unique in the annals of history. Spartan soldiers were carnal tent-comrades when they conquered Greece in the Peloponnesian War. They believed genital bonding between buddies enhanced battlefield loyalty and valor. The warlike Romans -- Mediterranean masters for 500 years -- were also a pederastic people. Catullus' poems reveal that men seeking boys' bottoms were not regarded as sissies; the habit was at least as "studly" as pursuing women.

The aggressive, arrogant, sperm-sucking warriors of Melanesia would probably agree with Spartans and Romans that the current "gays in the military" phobia is laughably obtuse; physical love between GIs, they would suggest, is beneficent for morale. Gay male lust is often castigated as "feminizing" in Western society, but Melanesians in Herdt's studies refute this: the sole purpose of homosexuality in their culture is to create "a fierce warrior masculinity that is the inverse of femininity."