Virtual reality death simulator could ‘cure society’s fear of dying’

>Virtual reality death simulator could ‘cure society’s fear of dying’

thesun.co.uk/news/2694271/virtual-reality-death-simulator-could-cure-societys-fear-of-dying/#

Oh God. What the fuck are they planning?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
thesun.co.uk/news/2694271/virtual-reality-death-simulator-could-cure-societys-fear-of-dying/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not being afraid of dying will make your instincts go numb, thus making your more of a reckless person.

Good for war and puppets.

It's going to be great for your copy to be living in a simulator for the rest of its "life" when it's entirely possible the real you is going to be in the real afterlife.

>Virtual reality death simulator could ‘cure society’s fear of dying’
LSD's been doing it since the 1940s.

just use fentanyl it's cheaper

Or just smoke DMT

>replacing region with technology
That does not solve the moral and ethical problems and only creates a person who is morally relativistic with no fear of death.
Good job, idiots

and The OA was a great series

Don't care, I've already smoked DMT.

The ending was shit and ruined the whole thing. I will never recommend his anticlimactic piece of shit to anyone. If you disagree you're a faggot and I don't care what you think anyway.

Why would that be a good thing? People would take greater risks and there would be a lot more unnecessary deat... wait, nevermind; proceed.

>fear of dying

Faggot atheists are hilarious. Don't they know paradise awaits the faithful.

Christ is king you fucking Jews.

>The leaf didn't understand the ending

Troll or idiot?

>That does not solve the moral and ethical problems and only creates a person who is morally relativistic with no fear of death.
You didn't think civilized was going to believe in superstitious sky fairies forever, did you?

I'm not afraid of dying. The only fear I have is what effect it will have on the people I know, whether they love me or not.

Where is the proof tho

Nek minut literally everyone athiest lmao

>Don't they know paradise awaits the faithful.
And what will you do in paradise?

>be 2011
>be depressed high school kid because rejected again
>have friends but don't really hangout with them much
>spend hours upon hours everyday walking in the sun
>get depressed waking up every morning because I wish I had died in my sleep
>still lift every night but see no purpose in life
>one day see all these "arrow in the knee memes" on the internet
>from a game named Skyrim
>have never played an Elder Scrolls or Bethesda game before, only FPS with my buddies online
>buy it during Christmas break of 2011
>most amazing and comfy experience ever
>the open world
>the exploration
>the music
>the adventure
>spend the next 3 years playing it until I've discovered all there is to see in Skyrim
>tfw I will never experience the joy of playing Skyrim again for the first time

one of my favorite games no doubt

also OP is a fag

Are they trying to get rid of any basic instinct?

>get over your fear of dying by experiencing the sensation of dying

It's like they don't even grasp the fear of dying.

Haha
>cure
If your over 25 and have a fear of dying you need need some time to contemplate life.

I'm afraid of dying, but I'm not reading your article.

DNA manipulation, I heard

I would love experiencing painful simulations, assuming it wasn't permanent. Amputate limbs, burn flesh off, decapitation, fight someone to the death, take turns torturing your loved one back and forth. if I ever get to my virtual reality anthology the people addicted to pain simulations are definitely going to be a thing.

I'm afraid of dying but I accept it. I am more afraid of dying painfully than the death itself.

>DEATH simulators that use virtual reality headsets to create an out-of-body-experience are being used to cure people’s fear of dying.
>obe
kek, you can create that yourself if you want to. Just go to /x/ and read some if you're serious about it
>Oh God. What the fuck are they planning?
Transhumanism

Only normies are afraid of dying, fucking brainless cattle. One step of head of you as always normies. Face it anons, we are the superior human beings and we will inherit the earth.

>he didn't even understand the series or the ending

Shit leaf with shit taste. More than likely you're an atheist.

But we need this innate fear, its part of the drive.

nice blog

>Get people used to drowning so they don't feel bad about throwing themselves off a bridge.

Jesus fucking Christ. How fucking dystopian is this. This is like some weird machine cult like shit.

There are so many ways I fear this could be abused, From fearless soldiers to a populace deliberately inured to it's own extinction.

>technology was a mistake.

>when you realize Alex Jones is right when he says that the powers that be want to lure us into a virtual-reality techno-death to make us easier to control

just give dmt instead we might actually manage to fix this shit

>we will try science
>about your "soul" "leaving" your body and experiencing the "afterlife"
>remember this is science

>Only normies are afraid of dying, fucking brainless cattle. One step of head of you as always normies. Face it anons, we are the superior human beings and we will inherit the earth.

Are you sure you are not functionally retarded? Some of the most intelligent men in history have grappled with the concepts of faith, death, and god.

The people who think salvation come with technology are retarded as fuck
they waste their time, it's like they don't understand metaphysics.

I know in Sillicon valley they're eating that shit up. Funny to watch.

>fear of death is the sensation, not the actual absoluteness of it

>he won't inherit eternal life

Sad. Sorry you faggot atheists won't see heaven.

i would pay whatever it took to recreate the vietnam war, with just enough time between sessions to not completely blow a fuse & end up a gibbering maniac

the brightest, toughest motherfuckers all cooked their breakfasts with hellfire while trying to ignore the memories of their best friend being eviscerated the day before

I'm not trying to be edgy. i look at what men were & what they are now. i want to try to live up to what we had.

This. Psychedelics can actually simulate death.

Jesus has been doing this since the 0s

>it's like they don't understand metaphysics
There's nothing to understand. The physical world is all there is.

>I would love experiencing painful simulations

Make it competitive and add RPG elements. You'll have yourself something special.

Jesus Christ was literally a jew.

This is fucking terrifying, and I say that as someone who doesn't have a fear of death beyond the healthy instinct for self preservation. I don't want to reincarnate into this hell.

>No drinking
>No sex
>No drugs

Cool let's just play Monopoly for eons

The pope said atheists can go to heaven.

Grappling with the concepts or contemplating them is not the same thing as shitting yourself in fear of your pathetic life coming to an end. Kill yourself for even trying to equate the two or implying that I was talking about the first when I was clearly talking about the latter.

so its just a fucking counterstrike kill cam in virtual reality
thats fucking it? everyone who plays vidya fucking knows what it feels like when your eyes float above your character
big whoop its fucking nothing

>christ is king you fucking jew
>christ is king of the jews

okie doke

You may not either if you keep acting like that.

user, you clearly have no understanding of metaphysics.

Oh shit this fucker is on to something.

This. Mushrooms cured me of the fear of death years ago.

>There's nothing to understand. The physical world is all there is.
So you are a materialist? Science is just a tool, nothing more. To try and elevate it and replace religion and philosophy is pure insanity and will only cause your own eventual destruction.

this

Not being afraid of death anymore is pretty damn nice, and as a bonus side effect I can telepathically communicate with plants and experience the passage of time going forwards and backwards at the same time.

No, the pope did not.

Sedevacantism bro

> curing society's fear of dying

STOP. We should be trying to cure death, not fear of it. FUUUUUUCK I MAD

Where does the physical world come from?

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

>thesun.co.uk/news/2694271/virtual-reality-death-simulator-could-cure-societys-fear-of-dying/#

Jews are gonna make you a slave forever.

It'll be a personal hell.

>society
>implying fear of death is a social construct

what kind of idiot believes that your fear of death is social lol

the amygdala is millions of years older than the frontal lobe, fear of death has existed since before we were sentient

Superiority isn't a technological crutch, that actually makes you inferior

They already have this. It's called anesthesia.

It's good to see a skeptical eye here on Sup Forums, just like with electroshock's effects on 'bigotry and fear of change'

What will you do in paradise? Seriously.
You have eternal life with Jesus Christ, etc.

What will you spend your time doing without any risk or challenges to meet? For eternity?
Sounds like hell to me. Just sitting around doing nothing forever with a stupid grin on my face singing kumbaya.

what is the weight or measure of "reason"?

Our minds, just like God.

Did I smoke enough weed to enlighten you?

Again, the pope did not say atheists can go to Heaven.
The article says this, the pope does not.

Yes goyim there's nothing to be afraid of
You can take that loan, don't need to pay it all back - you can always kill yourself, goy

Trust me dying is fun
Look at my face would this face lie to you? Come on

Are you fucking retarded? Re-read my comment again, slowly. Then re-read yours and try and understand where you fucked up.

Where do our minds come from?

They're trying to make people even more psychologically messed up

>Sounds like hell to me.
Sounds like psychedelics have done nothing to alleviate your fear of death.

It causes antisocial behavior. Good for ruining nations, but not for controlling them. Beyond that, of course.

Science is just a subset of philosophy.
Religion doesn't need a replacement, it just needs to stop making bullshit claims.

you do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak. How can you move faster then possible fight longer then possible without the most powerful impulse of the soul: the fear of death

I don't know, but mind ended up in the gutter.

Kojima was right.

See: Georgia Guide Stones

>Jobs aren't coming back
>Automation is ramping up
>AI is getting better every day
>Cars drive themselves
>Liberals lost the narrative so UBI isn't an option anymore
>Elite refuse to share wealth now that they don't have to do so
>Mass war is too obvious

One day you'll start coughing and then you'll fall over just like that. About a 100 million legacies will be left over to inherit a world free of money, labor, and disease.

fear of death is actually a jew tool.
(((christianity))) is built around fear of death and afterlife being a coping mechanism

Was Muhammad chink?

You guys need a reality simulator to stop fearing death?

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA

>Science is just a subset of philosophy.
agreed, but you have a group of people, sam harris, that have tried to replace philosophy and religion with some new age science worship

its nonsense

It's like the elitist dork club is trying to promote euthenasia for the masses, lol

SAD !

>Not being afraid of dying will make your instincts go numb, thus making your more of a reckless person.
>Good for war and puppets.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

We have to kill all jews before they destroy everything we hold dear.

KILL EVERY FUCKING ASHKENAZIM KIKE NOW ALONG WITH THE SATANISTS

If you ever done a shitload of mushrooms you'd know that sitting around all day singing "holy holy holy is the lord of hosts" is actually very fulfilling and enjoyable

Cynicism and meaningless of life did that for me.

Maybe technology will teach you how to spell.

1000000/10

>cure

No no, you imply that you're claim to superiority is related to whatever gains there are to be made by the exploitation of this technology in this fashion. We understand completely.

My first thoughts. Exactly. Many such cases! Pathetic!

>mentally damage people by forcing them to experience death

why

>“You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience."
>As long as you obey your conscience and when you end up at heaven's gate you are sincere about wanting to enter then God will forgive you and let you in like an Afghan in France.
Alternatively: Atheists who aren't sinners are welcome in Heaven.

Cognition is an emergent property, not a substance. It's like a sound, a breeze, a wave - it's matter and energy moving in a way that produces spirals of self-reflection.

>implying the jew control over society isn't strong enough to keep controlling everything even if every jew was dead