Literally what the fuck is the point in this system if the Queen is ceremonial and will give royal assent to anything?

Literally what the fuck is the point in this system if the Queen is ceremonial and will give royal assent to anything?

This just makes the system bloated and lacks a separation of powers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She won't give assent to anything and has refused to give assent in the past.

COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

This is a typical argument given by pro-constitutional monarchists but it's a complete fabrication, she has only not given assent in VERY EXTREME cases.

In the 99% of cases, she will give assent.

I agree. I wonder how Nigel Farage feels about it

Your government gets lots of money from their leased land in exchange for pretending they're important.

Révolution feelings Nigel?

w e w l a d

Yes, I know.

I am actually a constitutional-monarchist and I know all the arguments but I'm growing increasingly agitated by the lack of will able to be enforced in Parliament when the President of the United States can just issue executive orders any time he wants and get things done.

youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw

Tell me if this is bullshit. I want to know.

I don't care about the "cost" of the monarchy or that stupid YouTuber for that matter.

Her Majesty is our sovereign and has ruled this nation along with her family for hundreds of years. She has a right to be our monarch and I don't care about tourist or land money.

This. The reason for royalty is to stop ridiculous government actions like flooding the country with shitskins. If they won't step in to stop the country from being overrun by foreigners, then they're useless.

The whole UK constitutional monarchy was essentially destroyed in the parliaments act 1911.
Was the """people's budget""" really worth it?

Constitutional Monarchy is a super system but we don't have that, we've got a government that can go as wild as it wants and can pretend to have some mandate because it got 20% of the popular vote.
George V was a fucking faggot.

She's an oathbreaking cunt who did nothing to protect the Christian Britain, because she is not of it. She is not from Britain's sacred womb, but is an outsider as German as she is sinister. God will punish her. The whole line of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha is tainted black and monarcucks cannot be real patriots.
Only because the government covered for an old kings debts that he couldn't pay, that land should have been seized but the monarchy got special treatment.

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant in the OP. Sure, a monarch with actual power and the will to exercise it could potentially be great. But you can already almost hear the moans of "muh democracy", can't you?

Blame King George V. The second retarded George.

British monarch has not refused assent since the early 18th century

As the head of the Church of England, she placed herself in danger of hellfire when she granted royal assent to homosexuality and all forms of degenerate "marriage."

Only yanks and pooinloos hate the british monarchy

kek

Thats why you guys are faggots. You lack the force of will to accomplish anything anymore.

She's also God's representative on Earth as head of the Anglican Church.

>99% != 100%
Even if she only blocks a few very extreme bills, she's still blocking them. If the commons and Lords voted to stop all elections, the Queen would be our last line of defense against dictatorship

>Church of England
>founded because Henry VIII got bored with his wife and wanted to divorce for the millionth time and the Pope got pissed off and said no

It's also why the monarch is the head of that church.

>Lords
The lords were effectively abolished in 1911.
Read up on the parliaments act 1911 and the politics leading up to it. Edward VII was the last good monarch we had, the actions of George V for all intents and purposes completely bound the hands of the monarchy.

nice history m8

real solid

I dislike this system as well, even though it's also present in my country. It's just a retarded (and kind of costly, especially over here) system that people keep in place out of nostalgia and because it's so "gezellig".

Either have a monarch that actually does something, or get rid of the monarch and just have a republic.

>Edward VII
Wasn't he the guy who adicated because he wanted to marry some divorced whore?