McCain warns Trump: 'We are not bringing back torture'

politico.com/story/2017/01/john-mccain-trump-no-torture-234156

>Sen. John McCain on Wednesday vowed to stand against reported efforts by President Donald Trump to ease limits on the treatment of suspected terrorists in U.S. custody, reminding Trump that Congress has passed an anti-torture law.

>“The president can sign whatever executive orders he likes,” McCain said in a statement responding to a New York Times report that Trump has drafted an executive order paving the way for the return of George W. Bush-era detainee treatment standards. “But the law is the law. We are not bringing back torture in the United States of America.”

>The Arizona Republican, who was captured during his Navy service in Vietnam and tortured during more than five years of imprisonment, has long criticized Trump's campaign-trail promise to resurrect waterboarding and other harsh interrogation tactics ended under former President Barack Obama. “I don't give a damn what” Trump wants to do, McCain said in mid-November.

>McCain and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) authored an amendment to the defense authorization bill signed by Obama last year that establishes the Army Field Manual as the standard for tactics used to question detainees and allows the International Red Cross access to terrorism suspects in U.S. custody. That amendment largely codified Obama executive orders from 2009 that also made those two changes to interrogation policies that raised global alarms during the George W. Bush administration.

How does the leftist drive by media mix up words like warn and plead so often? Are they just not educated?

McCain should have died in that tiger cage.

how do they use known faggot and retard cuck john mccain?

they give no fucks

>we
I just used a Sup Forums meme on Sup Forums
fucking kick the bucket you fuck

In a way, he did.

And to think this fucking cucked faggot coulda been president a while back.

Can this faggot die already?

What did McCain do to piss off Sup Forums so much? Did he try to ban traps or something?

McCain REALLY hates torture. He told the Gooks everything they wanted to know to avoid it. He also sucked their cocks. A true American hero.

He's a neocon globalist shill and always has been. There's never been a time where he was well liked here other than being "not obama"

He's a horrible, horrible man who supports al qeada
Fuck him

It never went away

>Supporting torture as an American

*Spits on your face*

I'm glad McCain is saying no.

He's a soulless kike-loving neocon.

Only neo-cons support torture, retards.

>who is george bush

He is a 2-faced war profiteer he only wants to raise the value of his stock by seeking conflicts for no reason yet you mention torture he flips shit. Fuck him, the world would be a better place if he would have died in Hanoi.

He's just a fucking moron.

No one should care what this traitor and cuck thinks.
What a faggot.
I think obummer banned it publicly and increased it privately.

Trump to McCain: "That's where you're wrong, kiddo."

wtf i hate mccain even more now

Because of him, we got Obama. If Republicans had put up someone better than that tired old man, we might have won in 2008.

He is a neocon who created ISIS.

No politician can use their history to prevent criticism of their shitty policy. I am in some ways glad Obama was elected, because McCain is such shit.

Even Obummer was better than the al quaeda supporter or the mormon.

>Saudi Shill Says: 'We Won't Be Mean to Terrorists'

>McCain should have died in that tiger cage.
Grace Paley described the prison life of one of the 300 women who were incarcerated in the Tiger Cages in her 1998 book, Just As I Thought:

In prison, Thieu Thi Tao was beaten on the head with truncheons. Her head was locked between two steel bars. Water was forced down her throat. She was suspended above the ground. Then, on November 20, 1968, she was transferred to national police headquarters. The Vietnamese Catholic priest, Father Chan Tin, in a plea for international concern about her case, wrote that she was "further beaten and subjected to electric shock." "She's become insane," Father Tin wrote, "unable to sleep for fifteen days, believing herself to be a pampered dog that could only eat bread and milk. Not being given these, she refused to eat and became so weak she couldn't talk. When the wind blew she wanted to fly.

Late in 1969 Tao was transferred to the Tiger Cages of Con Son. She was there for a year and transferred to the Bien Hoa Insane Asylum. For several days, she was hung from an iron hook. Her spine was damaged by this torture and she still wears a neck brace.

"You saved our lives," Tao later wrote. "I still remember the strange foreign voices when you came. In the cages, we wondered what new indignities were to be visited upon us. But a foreigner [myself] who spoke Vietnamese with a heavy accent told us it was a U.S. congressional investigation. We had prayed for such an inquiry and took the chance to speak of the tortures. We begged for water and food. We were dying you know."

He's absolutely fucking right. The United States of America should not torture people.

How fucked do you have to be to disagree with that?

>no torture bad guys pls...

>"We won't do anything unnecessary. Believe me."

>reported efforts
Did no one watch the press conference? That shit wasn't even released by the White House. It's actual Fake News

So let me get this straight.

> Oy Vey! Obama is weak and didn't act on the red line he drew in Syria! We need to send 10,000s of soldiers to Syria to fight Russia! Oy Vey!

> Oy Vey! We cannot waterboard terrorists! We have to treat them with respect and allow them to pray 3 times a day and we need to buy them new Qurans to read! Oy Vey! Don't torture enemies! But send thousands of young Americans to die on Syria! Oy vey!

This old fuck should have died in Vietnam.

Only teenagers in this thread support torture.

True Americans who respect the constitution don't believe in that shit.

>using jewish memes when trump literally has a jew as a senior advisor and 8 jewish grandchildren

What did he mean by this?

Trump is a fucking moron i am a vietnam vet people will say a lie to stop being tourtured you dipshits!

Foreign citizens are not protected by the US constitution, bong. Torture them until they talk, or until they die. Makes no difference.

muslims aren't people

Torture has already been proven to be very ineffective a lot of people that were tortured were held without charges and later proving they had no extremist's ties Trump is a retard if he wants to pursue this no win policy

russkie prick

>The United States of America should not torture people

I agree. But muslims aren't people :^)

>Foreign citizens are not protected by the US constitution,

That's not how it works, retard.

Once you are in US soil, you are protected by the constitution.

Learn how your system works, retard.

doesn't change the fact that McCain is a terrible senator who should be put in prison.

Why do you think we have Gitmo on CUBAN soil, achmed? Mad that we tortured your little jihadi buddies?

>Foreign citizens are not protected by the US constitution, bong. Torture them until they talk, or until they die. Makes no difference.

that can cut both ways

Sup Forums has become a cognitive dissonance circle jerk they don't listen to reason

>yfw mccain is captured AGAIN

McCain triggered because he knows firsthand that torture works lmao.

Didn't Spicer already say it's not a Whitehouse document?

I support fair trials, retard.

Resorting to memes is LITERALLY NOT an argument.

Except for that fact that they are people. And torturing people is not only morally disgusting but totally ineffective.

Do you retards know you're retarded?

Lmao what is this crusty old fuck going to do about it? Run for president?

Oh wait

To the Vietnamese people and the government of the DRVN:

From John Sidney McCain, 624787, Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy, born 29 August, 1936, Panama, home state Oregon. Shot down 26 October, 1967, A-4E aircraft.

I, as a U.S. airman, am guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people. I bombed their cities, towns and villages and caused many injuries, even deaths, for the people of Vietnam.

I was captured in the capital city of Hanoi, while attacking it. After I was captured, I was taken to the hospital in Hanoi, where I received very good medical treatment. I was given an operation on my leg, which allowed me to walk again, and a cast on my right arm, which was badly broken in three places.

The doctors were very good and they knew a great deal about the practice of medicine. I remained in the hospital for some time and regained much of my health and strength. Since I arrived in the camp of detention, I received humane and lenient treatment.

I received this kind treatment and food even though I came here as an aggressor and the people who I injured have much difficulty in their living standards. I wish to express my deep gratitude for my kind treatment and I will never forget this kindness extended to me.

If they're on cuban soil in gitmo they are not protected by the US constitution

There's was 0 chance for republicans to win in 08. At least we didn't get Hillary.

>Sup Forums has become a cognitive dissonance circle jerk they don't listen to reason
you need to start deporting russkies

mccain is a hero

Doesn't make it right that they have been imprisoned without fair trial, retard.

Enjoy your loss of freedo-er, I mean ""Patriot"" Act!

Try not to get captured this time John.

Torture can work but there's a certain method to it.

If you get a guy and bash his legs with a tire iron while telling him to tell the truth he'll just tell you whatever you want to hear so you'll stop hurting him.

The key is that you already have intel, and you condition him into thinking that you are omnipotent by asking questions that you already know the answer to and only responding with torture if you know he's fucking with you. If your intel is flawed or compromised somehow this basically makes you into a monster

Nah.

Be grateful for that because is because of Obama´s shitty run that Trump was elected.

>If they're on cuban soil in gitmo they are not protected by the US constitution

torture is immoral and ineffective

it also brings disgrace to flags and nations

not a good idea

torture has a very particular meaning. (((they))) are dismantling language to dismantle our nation. when (((((media))))) says "torture", doesn't mean torture.

i guarantee trump didn't use the term "torture", because trump isn't a communist. it's like newspeak: "rape", "violence", "immigrant", "refugee", "religion of peace", "racist", "hitler", "nationalism", "america first", "right wing" "republican", "michelle is a woman", "michelle isn't a male gorilla", "democrat", etc.

these fuckers need to be lined up and shot.

BRUTAL BURN SPOTTED

oh fuck

>totally ineffective

It's not ineffective if they suffer more before they die :^)

>newspeak
>"michelle is a woman",

They're animals. Nobody likes them. Nobody enjoys their presence. There is unanimous discomfort in the whole restaurant if they so much as stand on line at the In-N-Out.

>(((they)))

Why are you using Jewish memes when Trump literally has 8 Jewish grandchildren and a Jewish senior advisor?

You do realise that he is (((they)))?

> Are they just not educated?

What the fuck are you talking about? It's common knowledge anyone who supports Trump is the ignorant and uneducated one.

cuckold. that an O-3 did this is shocking.

lmao, like CIA aren't already torturing people and like people aren't getting tortured in secret in gitmo.

McCain can suck a dick

MCCAIN IS A TRAITOR
TORTURE ALL MUSLIMS
TERRORIZE THEM
THEN KILL THEM ALL
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Who is that? Why should I care?

Enjoy your snoopers charter, bongo. 'oh look over there at the brexit!'... quick Herschel, slip it in while they're distracted

>torture is immoral and ineffective

That's why they've been doing it for thousands of years right?

>he knows firsthand that torture works

see:

>thinks ((((jew)))) is Jew

are you simple, son?

>t. Islam Karimov's ghost

Here's the keyword, fellas:
>in U.S. custody

Torture will still happen like it already does. They'll keep shipping the suspects in Ukraine and Belarus and they'll get tortured and interrogated there like they've been doing since Guantanamo got spotted.

I can't wait for McCain to die.
Literally bitching about god damn nothing all the time.

>waaah waaah it was hillarys turn
Fucking terrorist loving piece of shit.
Fuck McCain.
I hope he gets tortured.

On a side note, I had a person recently tell me that ''I should respect his opinion about how math works'' as if math has place for opinions now.

Imagine what they do to language.
> I think you're a fascist because you like hamburgers

He never had a snowball's chance in Hell of winning in 08. He was the Republican sacrificial lamb that year, being nominated simply due to it being "his turn."

He was decided on in the same way that the Democrats typically select their nominees, really.

I never supported that, Finnegan.

>McCain having flashbacks to the scraped knee they gave him before he sang like a caged, homoerotic bird
Can't make this shit up.

You, sir, are a total piece of shit

GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN

JOHN MCCAIN IS A TRAITOR

GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN
GOOGLE
>TOKYO ROSE MCCAIN

JOHN MCCAIN IS A TRAITOR

>McCain warns Trump: 'We are not bringing back torture'
as if McCuck actually gives a fuck, or as if he has any ground to bitch about it whatsoever

We've been doing it for thousands of years because it feels fucking great. Maybe it's time we get past the basic impulse to mutilate anybody we think might be an enemy.

Isn't this what Gitmo is for? It ain't the USA u got no rights ECT.

Isn't there whole u have no right if u a terrorism thing

>Fucking failure of a navy officer
>Only became pilot due to sheer nepotism
>Crashed 5 planes before he even fucking entered a combat zone
>Received preferential treatment while in captivity
>Sang like a canary for Hanoi Jane
>Came back and through sheer nepotism, regained flight status
>Commanded an entire flight school despite never being a squadron commander
>Assigned as liason to Congress where he makes the entire office a fucking drinking club
>Through sheer nepotism runs for Senate in Arizona
>Several of the men who financed his campaign are now in fucking prison
>Proceeds to become a career Senator, taking exactly 0 stances on anything.
>Now claims to be political gold just because he was dumb enough to crash a fucking prop plane in a jungle shit hole.

>implying waterboarding is torture

>inb4 he becomes the first US traitor to be tortured under Trump

>he had info we wanted about a future attack but torturing him would be a bad
>whoops there goes that attack we knew almost nothing about
>and a few dozen people are dead
>at least I didn't disgrace my flag
>If you torture your enemies you lose

>CIA
>operating on US soil

> supports ISIS
> against torture
??

Not an argument.
People also have been practicing cannibalism for thousands of years. That doesn't mean it's sensible.

John "I let my personal problems dictate national security" McCain.

He's biased so he should merely vote present.

>Common sense
Nice alternative facts there,

>Trials for enemy combatants in a war
Lel

Another disgusting Limeycuck. you must like your teen girls being sex slaved by pakis.