Family Military History

Post your Family Military history
>Starts with the American Civil War with my Great Grandfather (X3) fought for the union survived had 12 children
>Great Grandfather Fought in WW1 at Argonne Offensive KIA left behind two Children
Grandpa World War 2 Veteran fought in Europe against the Nazis surirved lived to be 90
>Father served a Vietnam in 1968 during the TET Offensive is still alive divorced my mom married a young Vietnamese girl in 2008 had 2 children with her
>Brother Fought two tours in Iraq back in 2006 and 2007

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aceh_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think my Great great grandfather fought in the Mexican Revolution I don't know my family history my Grandparents died when I was young and the living one is in Mexico
Feels Bad

YOU

?

HAVE

Who here is /Revolutionary/

TO

GO

BACK

Congratulations on having a bunch of war criminals for relatives.

It's too bad your dad didn't die in battle. What business did America have going over to Vietnam anyway?

And this one faggot couldn't hack it even from the warrior caste. Filth like you should be culled.

Easter Rising and The Civil War my great great grandfather survived Both immigrated to America

>being this butthurt over stupid shit.

Had relatives in all wars since war of northern agression

>Starts with the American Civil War

Get on my level faggot
>Slaying indians trying to overrun Puritan settlements
>Start and run the first steel mills in the new country
>That steel is used to make Revolutionary War muskets.
And.
every.
single.
conflict.
since.

Maybe some world war stuff and whatever Britain used colonial troops for
Probably some action in the Bengal liberation war too

Family has fought in almost every American war since the French- Indian War of 1755.

>Distant ancestor was an officer in Canada
>Related somehow to General Picton who was killed at Waterloo
>One ancestor was shot in the lung fighting maori in the land wars
>Another one was in the militia
>Great-great-grandad was a NZ artilleryman in WW1
>Another was a lance corporal in the South Wales Borderers
>Three others were reservists
>Two great grandads were in the same NZ unit, one great grandad was in a British unit in WW2
>They were all in the same battle once, El Alamein
>One NZ great grandad saved the others life, dragged him back to shelter after shrapnel hit him. decades later their kids married

Grandfather WW2 Veteran fought in Europe against the Nazis 1941-1943, surirved lived to be 89. Died 6 month ago.
He was a brave good man

My Grandpa fought in WW1. He was shot, and captured by the Huns. Still have post card from prison camp.

Great Great Granda fought in the Somme. A different Great Great Granda got pulled off the front lines in 1918 to play in the Irish cup final. His son (my granda) was with the Royal artillery during the battle of France. Had two great uncles killed with the navy, one of the coast of Norway and the other at Crete.

37th Great Grandfather is Ragnar Lodbrok

36th Great Grandfather is Bjorn Ironsides

All 4th Great Grandfathers served in American civil war as Confederates except for one who was a German and served in the Union(cuck) army. He went back to Germany

German Blue Coat cuck's grandson, my great great Grandfather, served in the German army in WW1

One great grandfather served in ww2 in the Pacific. Two of the others were medically disqualified due to age or MS. The other one was a draft dodging coward.

Grandfather was in Vietnam, other Grandfather was a Pogue Air Force security forces in the late 50's

Dad spent some time in the Marines

>grandpa was drafted to western front
>unit has to stop allies at a town with two bridges(think "saving private rian" with armies reversed)
>about to prepare defense on southern bridge
>lookout sees amerikaner
>oh shit! hide in house
>grandpa looks through window a dozen G.I.s are coming closer
>sees a coat hanging on the wall and has an idea
>walks out with coat over uniform and starts talking to burgers in broken english >with fake french accent
>tell them theres a sniper watching the southern bridge and to go over the northern one
>they go there and disappear around the corner
> 30 secs pass, nothing
>suddenly LOUD BUZZING NOISES
>hans and otto were watching the northern bridge with MG42
>12 burgers are now swiss-cheese burgers
pic related

I was the youngest my dad had me in his late forties. My Mom is 10 years younger than him

Your Father seems to love younger women

witnessed

sup bro, Pocahontas/John Smith reporting in, a huge chunk of my family was killed off in the civil war, thanks for going to battle for my presidential ancestors.

ITT WE WUZ KANGZ!

>Greek
>Great grandfather fought in WW1 but i don't know much
>Grandfather saw little service as an anti aircraft light operator in WWII in Athens before the occupation
>Extensive service in Greek civil war against the commies, got lots of stories

>deathly ill with jaundice at the end of WWII
>recovers and the next day gets a fork, a blanket, and a can opener and signs up to fight the commies

Hitler approves

also witnessed

Grew up in the 60s when all the sexual revolutions shit was happening didn't settle down until his 30s ended up having children in the 80s and 90s. He remarried at age 58 to someone in her 30s had two kids twins the next year quite the legacy

BASED

Yep going to be 70 soon in three years and still healthy as a horse and sharp watched Tucker Carlson on fox said its better than that bimbo Meygn Kelly

well played

Military History Both Mother and Father's side
>Revolutionary War
Skipped WWI for some reason
>War Of 1812
>Mexican American War
>Civil War
>The Indian Wars
>Spanish American War
>WWII
>Vietnam

CHECKED

Extremely Austrian
>My grandfather has stories of his grandfather about his grandfathers fighting in the Napoleonic Wars
>My great-grandfather was part of the Austrian Army during Anshluss
>Fought with Germans on eastern front
>Lost leg during the Demyansk pocket
>left Austria for America after war
>My grandfather fought in Vietnam, part of riverine defense force
>VC blew up and ammo barge his boat was next to with a mortar strike
>Blew him into the water and destroyed the hearing in his left ear
>My Dad fought in both Gulf wars as a Marine, no stories from him (Has nightmares though)

So yeah

Are your half Vietnamese siblings autistic

A grand uncle fought in the Aceh war

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aceh_War

i'd like to think they did it for all of us.

On my mother's side:
Grandfather fought against the Soviets during the Hungarian Revolution, killed a bunch of people and a local officer so had to flee to the US.
My grandmother's side were all pure German, came here in the 1760s, they fought in every war from the Revolution, the Civil War (against each other; I have two branches of the family in New York and the other in Alabama) but not WWI (I know one of my great uncles went home to fight after the US declared war on Germany), but during WWII they sympathized with the Nazis (were supporters of the Amerikandeutsch Bund) during WWII and did not fight after that.

Father's side:
My grandfather fought in WWII in the Arden Forest as an engineer, participated in D-Day. Helped build the Alaskan Highway as well. His family were Scottish immigrants so I don't know much about them before they came here.
My grandmother was from the Ukraine. Her grandfather was an officer in the Austrian-Hungarian army (I have a picture of him in full regalia upon a white horse). Aside from that I don't know much as she didn't like to talk about her family, my father had to get this out of her sister.

Not that I know of they are two regular girls

>family military history
>implying anyone in my family has fought since the american civil war or the franco-dutch war

My old man's uncle was in an airborne division IIRC, saw lots of action. He was a carpenter before the war. Once Europe started quieting down he was stationed in a liberated town, keeping the peace and whatnot. He ended up being asked to make a desk for Eisenhower. Dad never knew about it until he passed away. He never talked about the war.

Also mom's side had some ancestors that rode with Pancho Villa

>expulsion of Acadians (wasnt really a war)(family was refugee-tier after).
>boer war
>WW1 and 2

I always wanted to join the military but my social anxiety held me back. Now that I've had it under control I feel like i am too old to join.

>Father served a Vietnam in 1968 during the TET Offensive

Fookin' Muhreens

I'm the first in my family to serve in the US military but my dad ran messages for his old country's government so they can BTFO some commies.

One of the messages he ran during a commie offensive ended up with a building full of the commie commanders getting blown up, one of my uncles was regular Army and the other was in a death squad, killed a lot of commies.

Killing and getting commies killed runs in my family

I forgot to mention my uncle on my fathers side fought in Vietnam and died, on the way home from his second tour. As I always keep pictures and anything else from my family, I have all the letters that he wrote to my grandmother when he was over there as well as his medals and the flag that they were given when he was buried.

6 confederate soldiers in my family, 1 union soldier

grandpa was in vietnam war, other grandpa was in korean war

brother went to iraq

i fought in the great meme war

Do you even see your father?

My grandparents fought in ww2, my dad served basic service and i hunt refugees in the military. No idea about before though

any good Korea stories?

No History that I know of

Great Grandfather on Dad's side designed Corsair Fighter in ww2

Great Grandfather on Moms side flew bombers over Europe.

Grandfather (D) enlisted in Navy, later designed B-1 bomber

Dad, Fighter Pilot, USAF/ANG

Brother, US Army Linguist

Sister, USAF heavy pilot

Self, USN Ensign

Great x 7 grandfather fought with the New Jersey Continental Line under Washington. Survived Valley Forge, crossed the Delaware and fought at Monmouth.

Great-great-great grandfather fought witht he 16th NC Infantry in the Army of Northern Virginia. Survived Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg

Great-uncle was an ammo carrier with 1st Infantry on Omaha Beach. Caught 7 machine gun bullets in his legs getting off the boat, had to crawl his way onto the beach. Laid there for two days until he was recovered. Got a Purple Heart from Eisenhower.

I highly doubt his dad had much of a choice in going to Nam or not. Just a soldier. Not a globalist himself.

>Great grandfather fought in North Africa/Italy during WWII

>Grandfather served on a nuke sub in the 60s-70s

>Father was in C company, 3rd Battalion, 75th Rangers in the 80's

>Uncle was a 12B during Desert Storm

I was a 31B from 2010 till 2016

Sister... B-52 by chance?

are you for real? Live 20 minutes tops from Battle of Monmouth. Valley Forge is an amazing story of real men. Also, surviving pickett's charge is fucking wild. Also also, your Great Uncle is a fucking man. Be proud of your history. Make something of yourself - make them proud.

One of my dad's uncles was a muleskinner hauling ammo and shit in that one war. Another one of them he signed with the Army and they sent him to Africa without going through training and when they caught the mistake he was like "fuck, I'd rather just stay other here than have to come back". My dad was drafted and was in Vietnam and did some shit over there. When he got back he got out and worked at the paper mill for a couple weeks, said "fuck this" and went back to the Army for another 18 years.

>From ROC
>Great grandfather was a Court Marshal Judge, probably fought nips(did not know a lot of him)
>Great grandfather adopt grandfather after civil war.
>Grandfather was a Major in Army's Political Warfare department.
>Father was a Corporal works in a Gearing Class DD's boiler deck
>One uncle was Army Artillery, in charge of M55 Howitzer, shelled a few commie during service
>Another uncle was a Marine

>Great grandfather was a mechanic in the Austro-Hungarian empire
>Had two kids after the war.
>Joins the Germans in the second world War working in the 15th panzer division as a mechanic
>Moved to the US after the war

>Other great grandfather was an electrician in the navy, was fighting the Japanese.
>His son my grand uncle was in both the battle of Iwo Jima and the battle of Okinawa

>My grandfather who is descended feom the Austrian Mechanic fought in korea.

>My father served in the Gulf War as a medic.

Pretty okay military history in my family. Couldn't find anything past the Great war though.

>What business did America have going over to Vietnam anyway?
None, I don't think anybody who fought in it will claim there was any good reason for it. It was to protect corporate interests, in rubber and military hardware.

Not sure what my grandfather on mother's side did during WW2, he was in the military but Netherlands got attacked for no reason by the nazis and had to capitulate in 3 days time since Netherlands army was too weak at the time, stacked with WW1 era equipment.

Afterwards my father fought for the Dutch army against the Indonesian revolution. I think he had to kill plenty there considering he never wanted to talk about his experience there (and the huge amount of casualties on the revolutionaries their side).

My mother from father's side was in the resistance against the nazis during ww2.

I have no clue about my ancestors earlier than that.

Great grandfather fought in WW1. I don't know about any others.

I'm not really sure of anything before World War 2, I know they fought for South Carolina in the Civil War but that's all. My grandfathers were both in World War 2, my dad's dad being in the 82nd Airborne Division, glider infantry. He's in a famous photograph. He's the short guy with the Thompson on the right. Note that these guys were from mixed units. They all got scattered on D-Day.

>grandfather was too young for ww1, too old for ww2
>dad was too young for Korea, too old for Nam
>I try to sign up after 9/11..."have you ever seen a psychiatrist?" "yeah my parents sent me to a whole bunch when they were getting divorced." "we need to see those records." "dude, I can't even remember the names of those people." "sorry, we can't let you in with an incomplete medical record."
>I sit out Iraq and Afghanistan while dumb fucks die for Israel

Yes he lives in Florida voted for Trump so did his Vietnamese wife retired gets checks from the VA and his wife works. I live with mother in Commiefornia

they denied you for that after 9/11? Kinda weird. They were accepting pretty much anyone by 2006.

I'm moving to Florida to live with my dad to get out of NY. You should do the same.

Forgot to mention my great great grandfather was a Hussar. Not sure for which country but I think it was either Austria-Hungary or Russia. Pic related if any military history fags out there know

Currently in College plan to move with my Father after I finish

>apparently had a bunch of relatives fight for the British during the American Revolution
>had a great great uncle KIA on some ship during WW1
>many relatives in ww2 including my great uncle who was in the battle of the buldge. Another uncle survived the bombing of the USS Ben Franklin. If the captain ordered abandon ship he would've died cause he was stuck downstairs along with hundred of others.
>had a great uncle as a marine in korea
>a relative in Vietnam and naval blockade during the Cuban missile crisis
>two relatives in the first gulf war
>cousin in Iraq

and then the civil war happened.

200+ confirmed deaths for the Union
200+ confirmed deaths for the Confederates

now Cuckfornia can't secede and fuck off already, because they nationalized our government.

my presidential ancestors are rolling over in their graves.

Nice. I'm self-employed so I can do whatever. Where does he live?

I got denied as officer in Dutch army on basis that I said I had only 4 friends. I'm not joking, I was asked a question: ''How much friends do you have'' during the psychological interview. So I just said I have 4. Then the psychologist said that because of that I appeared to be anti social and would not fit into a team (you wot). I asked the psychologist for proof that she was a certified psychologist because if she was she wouldn't say such stupid bullshit. Then she got on the defense and said that she was certified but couldn't show it at the moment. I told her she was an idiot and I wouldn't even bother making a complaint about her, because if the Dutch army would hire people that incompetent to do the selection I really doubt I can trust the military to have my back when they decide to send me to some desert.

That's what I said back then. Never considered army again, and will never since in 1 year I have my CS degree. Which means that the army will always pay worse than job on basis of my degree.

Wow. That's pretty crazy. I have two CLOSE friends, and one is my girlfriend. I would assume most people are in this ballpark.

He lives in a nice suburb in Jacksonville with his wife and two daughter living the dream

Nice dude my dad is further down the coast, outside Steward. Still MUCH better than where we live. Good luck with school and Godspeed user.

Great-Great-Grandpa was in the German army during WW1 don't know much about him

But my Great-Grandpa fought during WW2 when he was 16, don't know much except that he was apart of some tank unit in France and then fought the Americans during their little invasion (but never the battle of the bulge oddly enough) and then Surrendered in Czechoslovakia with a bunch of SS (he says he wasn't in the SS even though he wanted to), and was apparently the only one to survive in his unit that he knows of.

Wish i knew what division he fought in since he wouldn't talk about the war so very few details

>had a noble ancestor who fought in the third crusade for King Richard
>had a grandpa who was in the navy, don't know if he deployed but he would have been in around the time of Korea

I guess that's it.

>Great, great, great, great Grandfather fought as Hessian during the French-Indian War, settled in the Colonies and fought for the Contentinal Army during the Revolution
>His son fought in the Barbary War, Quasi-War and War of 1812 as a US Marine
>His sons fought in the Spanish-American War, Boxer Rebellion and Indian Wars in the Army and Navy
>Their sons fought in WWI and Siberian Intervention in the Army and Marine Crops
>Grandfather and His Brother fought in the Spanish Civil War on the Falangist side
>Both went back to Germany and fought for Nazis after that. One was as Waffen SS and the other in the Kreigsmarine's Marine Stoßtrupp Kompanie
>Both came back to the US after the War and then fought in the Korean War with the US Army
>Father and one Uncle fought in the Vietnamese War both were US Army Special Forces
>Other Uncle fought as US Marine
>I was in the Army and served in Grenada, Panama, the First Gulf War, went into PT with a few deployments to Bosnia and Kosovo, and the fought again in OEF and OIF
>Both of my sons were in the Army and also fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. One is still in the Army.
>My middle daughter has no interest in the Armed Forces and she is in her Medical Residency Program and on the way to becoming surgeon.
>My youngest daughter just started in the 9th Grade at the begin of school. She has been interested in Republican/Conservative Politics and War Journalism. She is in the Young Republicans program, a few other Conservative after school activities and Journalism programs for HS students. She has some interest in the Army, asking her brothers and I about it.

>My older daughter-in-law deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq in the Marines
>My younger daughter-in-law is Commissioned into the Army.
>Middle daughter's fiancé is in the USCG

I actually went to a Dutch forum for defense and I also came across some posts that were stating the exact same experience that I had. That is being turned down because of the number of friends question. It's not like I'm an exception or making it up.

I have 5 friends, 1 very close and 1 former friend that was very close to me. The rest of people in my life are either family or contacts I happen to know.

Ignore the shit English. German is still my first language.

And meanwhile you're a NEET in a basement jacking off to anime?

Son of Liberty here

looks austrian to me but idk for sure

Great grandfather was a WW2 and Korean war veteran, he never talked much about WW2, but during the Korean War, he got shot in his left leg, and was awarded the purple heart.

If not LARPing, that's an impressive military record.

How is German still your first language though?

Only family in the military that I know of is my mother's uncle killed himself after getting back from Nam because he was taunted and mocked by all the hippies.

Idk, something to do with communism, Australia, and therefore my grandfather had plenty of reason to get in.

Huh. Wow. You beautiful dutch people take friendship to the extreme, huh.

Uncle fought in the Iran Iraq war under the Iraqi side. KIA

Mom's side
>Furthest ancestor I traced fought in the Pequot War in Massachusetts in the 1630s
>Another fought in the Hunterdon County NJ militia in the Revolution and was present at the decisive battles of White Plains and Monmouth
>Another fought in the Civil War for the Union (pic related)
>My grandpa was an MP in Germany after the war, where he met my grandma
>My grandma's father fought in the Wehrmacht and was awarded the Iron Cross for taking out a Russian MG post with a hand grenade

Dad's Side
>Earliest fought in the Civil War for the Union
>My great-great-grandfather was an engineer in the Spanish-American War
>My great-uncle turned 18 and finished training a few months before the war ended, and was set to be assigned to the Invasion of Japan, but was probably saved by the A-bombs, stationed as an MP in Japan afterwards
>Grandpa was a radio operator on bomber planes running sorties over North Korea during the Korean War. Was awarded the Bronze Star for pulling a man from a blazing, wrecked aircraft.

Pretty illustrious I'd say. Feels good man.

>Norman Ancestors who were Knights [can't name names for privacy]
>Ancestor-X Fought in War of 1776
>Ancestor-X's Brother died in War of 1776 to British allied Indians
>3 Ancestors fought in Civil War for the South, participated in Battle of Mobile
>Grand Father was Combat Engineer in WW2

Opinions?

Very honorable, every man you listed. Be proud of your history.

Mine isn't too exciting, but here goes:

>>Grandfather on dads side was aircraft mechanic during ww2, spent the whole war fixing engines at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio, became usaf civil servant rest of career specializing in (drum roll....) aircraft maintenance. Retired in cush position as secretary to base commander.

>>grandfather on mom's side decided to have USNavy pay his way through medical school. Ww2 broke out and he was stationed whole war in Alaska during the fucked up japanes invasion of Aleutian Islands. No combat but almost died in several light aircraft crashes as did most of the poor bastards stationed on the aleutians (awful flying conditions 90% of time but aircraft only way to get around). Became a private MD for rest of his life and was always afraid of flying.

That's it. No glorious battle stories or crazy uncles that got fucked up in Vietnam. But two dudes listed above produced a couple of military brats that met and made me, so gotta pay my respects.

Thanks user

I am Mennonite.

>Fled WWI
>Disengaged with WWII.
>Children strategically born to avoid the Nam draft.
>No family history of service.
>Feelsgoodman

>Have on ancestor from 1300s who was a knight named William de Brereton
>Fast forward to 1776. On Ancestry I found about 4 or 5 ancestors that fought in the Revolution.
>Several ancestors that fought on either side of the Civil war
>Both my German and American great-great grandfathers fought in WWI
>both German great grandfathers fought on the Russian front. None on the American side
>Dad served as an officer in the U.S from 1986 until 2007 but never saw combat other than having an East German sniper fire a warning shot at him.

Pic related is one of my German great grandfathers.