Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Does anyone else feel manipulated by Daily Show, back in the day when it was "cool" to watch it?

I used to be a fan of the Daily Show back in those early Obama years, now I can't even stand looking at Stewart.
I think what pisses me off the most is how they portrayed the Tea Party, because it its essence,
it was the greatest reactionary movement of late 2000s, and yet he presented it as
a racist redneck group of patriots, a stereotype that the media kept coming back to no matter what.

I think what disgusts me the most is how Stewart then took their idea of marching on Washington
and called it "Rally to restore sanity", implying conservatives protesting their corrupt establishment
is somehow insane, but worry not, here he comes, the libtard, and he'll make sure we're all sane again.
Just that hubris on these people is so shocking, it's unbelievable.

Looking at it now, the only good and just cause out of hundreds he promoted on the show, was that 9/11 veterans
should have their health insurance covered and should be paid in damages for the years they weren't.
Everything else was just leftist drivel combined with dishonest interviews hiding behind the idea of "comedy",
as well as guests that spouted propaganda or were only there to confirm audience's bias that conservatives
are total idiots (Huckabee was frequent guest).

I think the only time I can remember him being in trouble somewhat was when he had Anthony Wiener on,
and talked about how they were in college together or whatever and what a great guy he is
and promoted him like crazy, then 2 weeks later Wiener was revealed to be a pervert, that was kinda good.

In any case, I just hate being manipulated like that, and it's funny how many of their
correspondents from back then are now full-time leftist propaganda machines.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbyFeFhUTmI
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI
youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=_gOn9MuFimo
youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412
youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You just grew up. I could have told you it was shit back then.

don't feel bad senpai, i fell for the jew news as well. be glad we aren't still brainwashed.

Like Colbert
His liberal parody persona is funny, until you realize that's not a persona, then it's just cringe

i've never been a big stewart/colbert guy but all my friends fell for it. i was redpilled by ron paul in 2007 and saw through the libfag bullshit. i still hate them because my friends basically had their political ideologies formed by those complete faggot propagandists.

Stewart is a liberal, but he is one of the more rational ones. I don't think he has any ill intent. I've no problem with him.

>subverting young malleable minds to accept what people like Hillary Clinton and the jews install on them
>not thinking he has ill intent

Note how both Colbert and Steward "retired" about the same time.

Sterwart*

BLAH

I remember Bill O Reilly destroying him every time he came on and hating him over it. Boy how wrong I was.

"retired"

>a racist redneck group of patriots
correct
youtube.com/watch?v=zbyFeFhUTmI

never liked him cause never could stand his humor.

Then later on found out how much of a jew he was and commie. I'm very glad I don't like jewish or british comedy.

I thought he was funny and when I learned he was Jewish I just thought "...well okay sure nothing wrong with that".

Then I found Sup Forums and i found myself hating the kike.

What really destroys (((satire))) is when it's so easy to predict a comedians spin on a joke they haven't told yet. You see the bias plain as day, and instead of "clever spin", the joke now sounds simple-minded. It's easy to hate stupid people. Sup Forums is going about dismantling Jewish media brilliantly

>Be on Sup Forums's and its predecessors since ~2006
>Anti-Bush
>Pro-Obama
>People like Jon Stewart
>People cite Al Jazeera as a serious news source
>anti-war
>pro-gay rights
>Anti-religion
>Anti-Israel/Pro-Palestinian

wewlad times have changed

Same OP. Now I get kicks injecting the left with Stewart style rhetorical poison.

If you're going to hate Jews, hate your President first

Stewart*?

You should've been watching Red Eye with me instead. Greg Gutfeld was 2016 conservative since like...I dunno, whenever I found his show give or take ten years.
I kinda lost track of him after he left Red Eye though. Anyone know if he's still a bro?

I was a Daily Show superfan. From the very first episode (with Kilborn) to the end of the Stewart era, I didn't miss more than like 3 episodes.

Stewart got me through the idiocy of the Dubya years. Dubya was a fucking dumbass and a disaster. Sorry.

But I'm done with it. Trevor Noah and his minions hate this country and should not be in charge of the show. Stewart, whatever his flaws, truly loves the US. The current crew are a buncha social justice dingleberries and I only watch occasionally to drink their delicious delicious tears.

Was watchin some classic South Park on CC today and a commercial for Daily Show came up

this is how the preview "joke" went down

"We don't even know everything there is to know yet!"
>laughs
"We don't even know what the J stands for in Donald J Trump!"
>laughs

they pay people to write this stuff, it's remarkable really.

Stewart is a genius even now. Every time he pops out of hiding he drops intellectual integrity on the public. I'm 100% sure SJWs wouldn't exist today if he kept guiding the left in the right path.

It's called growing up.

It's like looking at your girlfriend the day after she took Tyrones load in her cunt because of that cuck fantasy you had but now you hate that coal burning slut

t. Finland

>Vice Versa

you can say the something about the other side.

I have friends that grew up in conservative households,

It's always strange to me that most humans are too dumb to think outside of their own bias, that
everything i think is wrong with left, the left thinks is wrong with the right.

we just keep going in this circle of shit shows.

I watched the right call Michelle Obama the First lady a Monkey and left go crazy
Now i'm watching the left call the New first lady all kind of things and right going crazy.

the true Purple Pill is that how ever strongly you feel about your beliefs there is someone who feels just as strongly about the opposite point of view and neither is right or wrong.

Leibowitz**

Not personally.

They were decent about calling out some bullshit from the media during the Bush years.

They just never gave a shit about going after Democrats and as time went on it became obvious Jon was getting more fanatical in his beliefs the same way most Democrats were.

>Tea party

I never really got this, the media was flipping their shit, while all the footage was just old people at a bbq wearing hats with teabags

test

>user learns jews are racist

congrats. it took me a few years of reading jewish blogs to figure this out on my own.

>he had Anthony Wiener on,
>and talked about how they were in college together or whatever and what a great guy he is

Nothing wrong with helping your friends advance their careers.

what a fucking waste, leaf

No there is a right. And it is the correct ideology

test

>early Obama days
>back in the day

nailed it 100%

I feel exactly the same. He is a master manipulator, and a sanctimonious shill. He lectures people, then if you receives criticism he goes on this 'oh me, a comedian-you cant be serious' or he goofs off to deflect.

Trump said it best a few years ago- he is a weak ass pussy bitch.

well go ahead, tell us all about watergate and Neil Young then, leaf

I never cared too much for this kike and his brand of "comedy". He's just another shill for (((them)))

>does anyone else feel manipulated by Daily Show,

No, it was just a show. Now you're being manipulated by the propaganda machine through internet memes and astroturfing. No matter what era you live in, you will always be a sheep.

>wewlad times have changed

It's just your memory that's getting worse, while there was more libertarian sentiment king nigger wasn't popular here.

A FUCKING LEAF

real original. Now go back there.

No his criticisms of bush were on point. Bush was an actual tard.
But now Stewart is a tard too

Stewart slayed ocucky on his show

t. piss drunk

•no shit•

Nah, early Stewart was legit. Just became a parody of himself later years and was way too formulaic, think the republican idiocy wore him down. Now he is chillin' and watching world burn.

I miss the daily show.
it helped bolster the democratic party and guide our nation thru tough times.

Test

>ever liking globalist jew brainwashing programming

>neither is right or wrong

Up until a point. But when you cross that line like saying a whole race of people should be exterminated or that women should be forced to have rape babies then it's more than just an opinion. It's like holding your hand in fire and trying to convince yourself it might be a good thing.

YOU DONT *OWN* IT

thats when the comedy ceases, desu. john stewart also does that gayass thing where he goes "but, but, but" and tries to look frantic like hes a kid, making out like hes about to drop a truthbomb.

hes no commie. fucker would never share his sweet jewbux. none of them are, otherwise they would have done it by now.

This
Sup Forums used to be all about Ron Paul back in the day.

Reason I'm le redpilled now is Jon Leibowitz.

Was all good and clever when he was railing Bush for being a neocon warmongering fuck.

Then proceeds to say nothing about Obama fucking up Libya, not closing gitmo, etc. to go after fucking Mitch McConnell when the Reps were the goddamn minority in both chamber.

Huh, what gives Stewart, I thought were doing the contrarian upholder of moral precepts thing? Why u do this?

The rest follows. I'll pop a bottle of champagne when that smarmy kike fuck keels over.

Fuck you Jon.

It was a comfy time back when I was a teenager in the late 2000s

I miss that era

Most of us were brainwashed, at least now we know better as adults. The next step is to properly raise our children and warn/educate them about these things.

Cant really blame him for hating neo-cons

Doubt anyone cares but I met Jon about 6 years ago.
>Jew Yorker
>Hanging around in subway because it was my job
>Some guy that looks like Jon Stewart walks by
>Realize he has a couple of kids asking for his autograph following, oh that is Jon Stewart
>He tells them all to fuck off, literally
>Gets his token and continues to ignore the people following him
Can't say it is necessarily a story that makes him look nasty. On one side yeah it was a shitty thing to do, on the other I would be upset if three or four millennials were following me around too.

O Riley looked awkward at first, and was portrayed as out-of-touch 1950s grandpa by Stewart,
then the more he came back to the show, the more he embraced this image of him
as rich and white and incredibly evil old person (all the thing leftists in America hate basically),
and that was I think beginning of the end for Stewart as he went from being full of confidence against O Riley,
to just this stuttering fool who's there only to promote O Rileys books
and occasionally laugh at the old man's descriptions of Bush era.

Can blame him for being a duplicitous fuck because its OK when King Nigger does it

The whole country collectively let obama do whatever he wanted, they literally thought he was jesus and would fix everything

Stewart was alright during the Bush Administration. He put effort into his show, and there's value in holding the people in power to task. You're right that the show low most of its value during the Obama Administration, especially while the the Democrats controlled the House and/or Senate. This is when the Tea Party stuff started happening with the right trying to re-invent itself and regain its footing. They were easy targets for mockery, but the Daily Show as kicking them while they were down.

That all said, the Tea Party were patsies. There was grassroots support, but it took Trump to actually utilize that energy. The Republican establishment just highjacked it and were surprised when they became a joke.

Typical kike bullshit. Pure saint when the eyes are on him, shylock curmudgeon when no one is watching.

Utter bullshit, tea party, etc called him out.

He nukes Libya through France as a proxy and STOP MUH MIDDLE EAST CHILLUN WARS Jewart doesn't say a fucking word.

Fuck that guy now and forever.

That's probably why he and Colbert were removed and replaced with safe pro-hillary POCs.

I don't like Stewart but like I said I don't think it is fair to say he is a shitty person based on that. Celebrities get followed around all the time, it probably gets old fast. When you're only a minor celebrity you can probably afford to be a lot more pushy since no one would take as much notice. For instance, Shia Labeouf just got arrested and no one seems to even notice/care. He assaulted a lot of people, no one noticed/cared.

With that being said yeah he could've definitely been kinder to them.

"Republicans are just funnier than Democrats I'm not biased!!!"

Baby steps user. Trump put up a portrait of Andrew Jackson in the Oval Office today. He wants to model himself after him. If he admires Jackson then that means he's redpilled about central banking. You don't have to kill all the jews if you can just get rid of the federal reserve. They lose their monetary stranglehold on us. Let them go to israel. Idc about a bunch of Muslims

He's still a bro. He comes on Fox every now and then talking shit about idiotic liberals

What I liked about Jon Stewart was that he really the only person on television pointing out that American journalism fucking sucks. Sure, he was partisan about everything else, but the liberal press got it up the ass frequently from him. Especially CNN.

He frequently pointed out the absurdity and incompetence of our news reporting. He taught me to question whether or not what the journalists on television was actually the truth and in that regard, I owe him. I certainly didn't learn to to be critical of what I was being told by my public school teachers.

I hate leftists now, but I have to credit Jon for leading me towards critical thinking.

So you were manipulated by the left, and now you're manipulated by right wing propaganda. Why not approach life with some critical thought instead of hitching to bandwagons.

>Leibowitz
(((Leibowitz)))

This was the value of the daily show .And Truth being told, Rush Limbaugh has been doing that for decades. Rush was defending his ideology by pointing out the hackery in media, Jon's staff was going after the endless strawmen by throwing their own words back in their face. Nothing much has changed.

this shit right here was downright scary
FUCK jews man

I just never found it funny, even before the red-pilling began. Stewart always made me cringe.

Colbert was alright with his exaggarated patriot persona.

Think the "I'm just a comedian" bit wore thin because he clearly was more than that.

Fact of the matter was Bush was a goldmine of material and actually retarded so his liberal rantings made sense right up until about when Obama took office which is when everybody stopped watching it. It just wasn't funny when Stewart started making fun of protesters instead of a genuinely pathological republican government.

Colbert is one of the most internet savvy of all comedians and was citing Sup Forums memes regularly on his programs. He is also one of the biggest LOTR nerds around. He was an honorary Sup Forumstard, and even if he has fallen from grace, that is how I will always think of him.

He's a faggot
His MTV show showed his true colors as a host.
Weak. Passive. Jewish

Every branch that has grown from that shit tree should be erased from this earth

I mean they weren't exactly subtle about the fact he was Jewish, and it was a running gag on Colberts show for Colbert to try and convert Stewart to Christianity.

>He was an honorary Sup Forumstard
And that's a good thing? Colbert was always a typical media whore. He exemplifies all the worst qualities of smug Northeastern liberals.

I did too but I find solace in the fact that that very same left has become what they made fun of and hated the right for being 10 years ago.

>video games will make you sexist
>Russia is evil
>I love corporations!!
>nonstop political bullshit on social media
>believing nonsensical conspiracies and phony articles written by fucking clickbait sites

it's just a meme show for teenagers

I stopped watching comedy central shit when I left for college

You also have to realise during this era, first, most people weren't getting their news online. What exactly was the alternative to stewart/colbert on TV?

For left wing news, sure, PBS/NPR was much better. However the right had fox news which featured personalities such as Glenn Beck who was legitimately a fucking psycho. Then there was "tides go in, tides go out" Bill O' Reilly. Vertually every news network was not covering basic facts about the Iraq war, only 3 of them reported the UN declared it illegal. On average they had 89% pro-war presenters. Print media was hardly better.

When it came to places to get politics from on TV, there's a reason stewart and colbert had such a fanbase. TV media was absolutely godawful, the Bush admin was absolutely godawful, and they ripped both to shreds 4 times a week. Stewart in particular though I believe became just as bad as the media he criticized however, but he seemed to be a positive force at the time embarrassing the media and forcing retractions.

He grew up in South Carolina dude, came to the city to persue a career in comedy. Strong religious background. Supernerd. Jon Stweart is the smug northeastern liberal, not Colbert, and you can REALLY tell the difference if you've watched a lot of both.

There was a time Colbert was in-touch and was an effective satirist, as hard as that is to believe. He just seemed to be one of the people on TV that actually understood the Millenials.

He just seems to have not changed with the times. He's shilling the same crap, his audience has changed.

ha that's pretty much the only reason I put CC on too. All they do is SP re-runs now.

Cable is dead as fuck even without the internet

You have to understand.

Stewart and Colbert came at a time the media was a joke, and everybody knew it. They just made fun of the media absolutely constantly.

When cable TV became irrelevant and people became better informed, when Obama took office, Colbert and Stewart lost their purpose because while they helped clean up cable TV, they were part of the filth themselves.

Yeah in the early 2000s internet chatrooms and radio existed, but it was cable TV where you saw actual clips of news footage. Youtube didn't launch until 2005, which gave stewart a purpose, where else could you see the media having two clips of their footage played side by side revealing this bullshit?

Then Colbert launched himself just as web 2.0 was REALLY taking off, and really knew how to use things like youtube, urban dictionary, online polls, and social media in general to his advantage. While people like O'reilly continued to rant on about the war on Christmas, you know, he was a political personality that seemed to be on the cutting edge. The people he pandered to are oldfags now.

The environment changed around them, and they just couldn't keep up. The Rally to restore Sanity was really a low point in both of their careers.

I think people are forgetting just how popular these guys were.

Colbert did the 2006 white house correspondents dinner. It wasn't like it was just crazy lefties that liked him.

You would think he was the messiah when you talk to the millenials.

He only did the 9/11 thing because the benefits they were to recieve were to be part of a settlement with the EPA. It was the EPA that told those rescuers that it was safe in there when it wasn't. He grandstanded about it, got public opinion on his side and they just passed it. The EPA wasn't held to acct.

Dude rails against wall street all the time, but.. if i'm not mistaken, isn't his brother the chairment ofthe stock exchange? Where high frequency trading fraud happens daily by Goldman Sachs?

You vote left and it just empowers the very people who the left bitches about. It's a vicious cycle.

>not realizing the daily show is leftist propaganda

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>youtube.com/watch?v=_gOn9MuFimo

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

>think what pisses me off the most is how they portrayed the Tea Party, because it its essence,
>it was the greatest reactionary movement of late 2000s

What the fuck are you talking about? the "tea party" was mongering assholes led by Bush, McCain and O'Reily.

>Dude rails against wall street all the time, but.. if i'm not mistaken, isn't his brother the chairment ofthe stock exchange? Where high frequency trading fraud happens daily by Goldman Sachs?

Lol I only learned about this because Jim Cramer pointed it out. After Stewart ambushed him with an attack on him for basically being a symbol of wall street during the 2008 crash.

Was also the first time I realised Stewart was a stage name.

Gavin McInnes did an interview with Tucker Carlson last year where they ended talking about that famous Crossfire episode and Tuck nails exactly what makes Jon Stewart (and sycophants like Jay Carney) actually tick.

He's just a news obsessed liberal Jew who became a part of the machinery and never looked back.

I was a kid once. I liked the Daily Show and Colbert Report. But then I grew up. And, mainly, Gamergate happened. Once Colbert brought on the dumbass Armenian I said no more of that. Not long afterwards I took the redpills.

I think it was part of a deliberate push to trivialize and emotionalize people, along with the rise of reality TV and loss of historical documentaries, then we eventually got social media, selfies and SJW'ism. They could not have built an empire of ego better unless they microchipped everyone.

At first thought he was was funny and insightful and not full of shit, but then got cable and started watching cable news during the 2nd term of the Bush admin. After I started watching Fox, CNN, and MSNBC, I realized all his "comedy" was just humorous propaganda that took what Fox News said out of context, basically it was, "lets do this juxtaposition to show hypocrisy with said hypocrisy being created b/c we are misrepresenting what they are actually saying while we do a snarky reaction that demonstrates intellectual superiority."

It got worse for me during the Obama administration. That's when I realized I could go to the Media Matters site and look at their top ten articles that day: all about Fox News and all either out of context Fox News misrepresentations or making mountains out of molehills articles about Fox News. And then that night, Jon Stewart's entire set would be based off those Media Matters pieces. That's when Jon Stewart show just became not funny but just plain sad for me.