Why is slavic the best language family?

Why is slavic the best language family?

>more convoluted
>better

ok

Who wants to tell him

What's the problem here? There's many synonyms for "second" in polish? Just use the one you want then.

Poles don't even speak slavic lol

The number 2 is like drugie for them

these are various case/gender/number forms because Polish is highly flexional and English has shifted towards positional approach instead

>latin declension is bad, the thread
int topics belong on

>jestestwo

means "being" in the metaphysical sense

English is THE language.

>keeping all the Indo-European endings to your words and being confusing as fuck
>simplifying shit so it's easier to understand

>all these alternatives for second because you will never use First.

Secondary
2nd
Second
Runner up
First loser
1st loser
Secondary winner
On deck
Silver medalist
Bronze beater
"Almost"
Backup

And so on.

Op you are fucking retarded

>synonyms
kek

kek those are all different words
they're called synonyms

Same with your post.

Conjugation is for mexicans. Go eat a taco

verbs conjugate, nouns and adjectives undergo declension

Op didn't use synonyms

they are not synonyms, sven.

Ngh

>American education

so youre saying that you have 16 obsolete words for one thing? thats retarted we should anschluss you

depends on the language
you're trying to sound all smart and pedantic but you're just an ass

sure thing Mehmet

>depends on the language

white education

No, it literally depends on the language. Declension doesn't apply to every language, and not all languages have such clear-cut divisions as noun, verb and adjective. I hate students of letters, you're all insufferable.

German-Having gendered language,
Not very progressive is it? Sounds patriarchial. You need to have a SPECTRUM of gender endings, or NONE AT ALL!

If we wanted complicated as fuck declensions and conjugations we'd just go back to Latin, Ancient Greek, Old Norse, etc. Why are Slavs stuck in the middle ages?

>In linguistics, conjugation (/ˌkɒndʒᵿˈɡeJʃən/[1][2]) is the creation of derived forms of a verb from its principal parts by inflection (alteration of form according to rules of grammar).

>In linguistics, declension is the inflection of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and articles to indicate number (at least singular and plural), case (nominative or subjective, genitive or possessive, etc.), and gender.

what are you even trying to say

This. It is the only thing germans are good for. We won't stop you this time

It sounds so sexy

>having synonyms for mathematical concepts

>what are you even trying to say
That you're a pedantic, insufferable, know-it-all cunt that doesn't know shit about languages.

There is no declension in Japanese, there is no declension in Quechua, there is no declension in many languages.

You said
>verbs conjugate, nouns and adjectives undergo declension
trying to sound smart and better than the other guy, but

>verbs conjugate, nouns and adjectives undergo declension
is just wrong. At best it's right in certain languages but it's farm from a general statement.

>all those redundant words
>don't have two different words for scalar SPEED and vector VELOCITY
t.Slav

Shut up south-american gypsy....before you get gassed.

>There is no declension in Japanese, there is no declension in Quechua, there is no declension in many languages.

doesn't invalidate my claim

there's this handy logical fallacy list as you enter Sup Forums, acquaint yourself with the term "red herring"

Why you not speak newspeak? Old speak is ungood and very long. Not simple for prols. And you can bellyfeel newspek not like old speak. Easy and good.

Go speak some jungle tongue, i like my language complicated.

This is a very good point, and possibly one of the reasons why English is so widely used in science. If you try to convey a difficult concept in a difficult language, the complexity is too much to bear. Instead, if you try to convey a difficult concept in English, the language doesn't get in the way.

Doing research in several languages is like doing long division with roman numerals.

Your claim was objectively wrong.

Speed=szybkość
velocity=prędkość
You should do your research

Completely different from the Ichi, Ippun, Hitotsu, Issen, etc etc. mess that some languages have. Try learning another language and you will learn and appreciate some of the simplicities of english.

maybe we should rub our fat languages together some time

wrong how

most languages of the world are not flexional, these terms apply to flexional languages only (because they are technical properties of flexion)

you're trying to make a problem where it doesn't exist for some inexplicable reason, either explain yourself or apply yourself

Slavic languages just evolved less m8. Bulgarian doesn't have cases.

The nice thing about English is that it's multifaceted. It can be long winded and poetic, like Shakespeare's English, or it can be extremely concise.

Spanish for example isn't quite like that, and our vocabulary is lacking a lot of scientific words.

Languages spoken by insular and isolated communities tend to be more complicated because there's no mechanism to stop runaway development of irregularities and there's no one to be confused by grammar shibboleths. "Jungle" languages like american injuns speak are hard as fuck.

When have you stopped germans?

You'll make something like Latvian only more slavic.

>WEAK
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS GUY AND LAUGH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This boludo speak for no educated argentinean

Sounds like a plan

Bulgarian doesn't have cases because Thracians were lazy shit students and never did their homework.

Curious that Poles don't have a "vtoroi" type word for "second", just using a cognate of the Russian for "other", though. Fuck, I'm going to have to get up and walk to the bookshelf now for the etimologicheskiy slovar'... Hmm, seems the Psheki USED to have a word "wtóry" but abandoned it. Hmm, and vtoroi is a full cognate of English "other", German "ander", from PIE *antero-. Fascinating....

>implying injuns (whatever that is) can speak real language like sanskrit or latin

>redundant words
They're not redundant words. Nouns and adjectives have genders and can be declined in 7 different forms depending on context, and verbs change genders depending on the object they're referring to.

>A car was driving next to a dam when it crashed.
Who crashed - the car or the dam?
These dilemmas don't exist in slavic languages.

Not to mention all the gender bullshit wouldn't work here. Words are gendered as male, female or neutral (mostly abstract terms).
I'd love to see leftists try to invent a new gender here. You'd have to rewrite the entire language for it to have any validity.

And you can also use this phenomenon above to address a person without using a pronoun, while keeping the sentence polite and correct.
The pronoun is just implied but never spoken, so the person you're talking to can mentally insert whatever they want and have no grounds to complain.

I love it - it's like our languages were specifically built from the ground up to counter this bullshit.

if 80 iq poojeets can speak sanskrit then anyone can. language ability is all about familiarity and not having a rotten broca's area

>speaks*
maybe you should learn English before talking down to me

>Who crashed - the car or the dam?
dams don't crash

It was off the top of my head, but you get my point.
Don't you have several such examples written into your constitution? I remember seeing debates over it.

>if 80 iq poojeets can speak sanskrit
They can't, which is why you got the prakrits, and then all the assorted modern languages spoken there, with only a handful of lighter halfbreeds left strutting around as 'Brahmins' to speak the ancient liturgical tongue.

>Why is slavic the best language family?

lingotards.

join the queue behind the french

no one cares

Truth -your grammar is fucked because literacy came late and an academic club decided to make it complex for keks. your vocabulary is limited and it is a liability to you..

t. multilingual

>These dilemmas don't exist in slavic languages.
top fucking kek

All, and I mean literally all, languages have garden path sentences.

>Learn Japanese with a native speaker
>he cannot understand the "complexity" why you sometimes write "ó" and not "u" since they sound exactly the same in Polish
>1 kanji having up to 7 different meanings and sounds is easy though.

consitutional debates have to do with modern context of old bills not bad english. english can be infinitely descriptive as can any other sufficiently developed deixis.

obv 'right to bear arms' doesn't mean nukes

These are not synonyms. How you say second in polish depends on pronoun, gender and case (There are 7 cases)

>your vocabulary is limited
I speak Russian, and their vocab is immense. When the need arose for concocting new scientific terms in the eighteenth century, they had ready recourse to Old Church Slavonic. Mammals are thus mlekopitayushie, from OCS mleko, where modern Russian has moloko. They thus have all their own Slavonic terms for the older known elements like hydrogen and nitrogen and so on.

Ян Пaвeл Дpyгoй гвaльцeвaл мaлых дeтeй

>Curious that Poles don't have a "vtoroi" type word for "second"
we have wtórny, kinda.

You serious nigga?

They probably can't but that's a matter of difference in the language structures. Indo-Euro languages traditionally have tons of nominal flexion, and a moderate amount of verbal conjugation. The Indians over here used to speak polysynthetic monstrosities that were certainly a match for Latin or Sanskrit in terms of complexity if not worse but they're too alien to be useful in understanding the latter two.

Vodka niggers BTFO

Keep dreaming guys.
Its the poets language.

Damn Protestants! Free Latgalia!

Kek

>garden path sentences.
No, those are intuitively misunderstood but are (in that meaning) grammatically incorrect.
I'm talking about a sentence which has several correct meanings, and can therefore be understood in several different ways. All would be grammatically correct but only one would represent what the author actually intended to say.

Battle of Britain?

Besides, Pooland wouldn`t exist if it wasn`t for Britain.

That's why they can't. You can try, I know some sanskrit, patanjali and vedas, it is much easier for polish though.

its not its over complicated shit

t.half anglo half pole

No you stupid cunt, garden path sentences are by definition grammatically correct.

I love it, would write a novel in Hungarian

it would be funny if it actually happened, lol

What is this piece of shit pic even supposed to tell us?

Context is important in all languages for providing brevity and wit. Nothing that is spoken is meant to be computer logic.
What's why they can't? Speak english

how difficult for russian to learn polish?

>The non-Anglosphere world has tons of words for 2nd and 3rd
>Anglosphere countries only need to use those words when describing lesser countries
Truly we are the greatest group of nations on Earth

Pretty ironic coming from a german, you guys need to separate your words more often
>rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

Zdravstvuite

>memorizing complex morphology

>to avoid having to put words in a specific order

wow

much innovation

such benefit

>are by definition grammatically correct.
Holy shit are you incapable of reading now as well?

>The old man the boat.
When you start reading the sentence you connect the words "old" and "man", expecting "old man" to be the subject.
Instead, "The old" is plural for old people and "man" is the verb.

Yes, the sentence is grammatically correct, but there is only one meaning that you can get from that.
The example i gave above (car - dam) is also grammatically correct, but has several potential meanings. One person can understand that as "the car crashed" and the other as "the damn crashed". Both are still correct, so the meaning is now subject to listener's interpretation.

>he pluralizes with -en instead of -es

hun trash

Seems you missed the favour Kek shone on my post, dorogoi Jekabs... ;) Just pray we overlook the old Livish lands too!

Exactly, and all languages have sentences like that (even though you implied it was a problem with English and not with slavic languages). It's because language is something that inherently depends on context.

Its funny, reading your dumb shit is EXACTLY like reading some retard on /sci/ get an IQ question wrong and explain it away because of all the possible patterns instead of being able to find the best one.

Its not that hard mate, when you learn to speak any Slavic, you will realise how easy it is. Its just ansewering questions for each case adds coresponding ending.

It's not really memorisation.

It's quite modular and once you "get it" it becomes mostly intuitive.

When you learn multiplication you don't memorise every single multiplicative combination, you just learn the core principle and then apply it on the fly.

>Exactly, and all languages have sentences like that
I don't know if you're retarded or if you still fail to understand that I'm not talking about the garden-path problem.

top bantz

>having only one gender in the plural
What an oversimplified, unsophisticated language.

Aye. I'm English, and Russian seemed a bit horrific at first, until I got used to it and then came to appreciate the case system as a very elegant and useful tool for conveying meaning. And this experience helped me better understand Old English, Latin and other languages too, which has been a great benefit. Seeing cases in action in real life is a far better way to come at these old languages than just straight from modern English.