Bowditch, 21, had denied murder but admitted manslaughter by gross negligence

>Bowditch, 21, had denied murder but admitted manslaughter by gross negligence.

>He was given a five-and-a-half-year prison sentence at Maidstone Crown Court.

> A Kent Police spokesman said: "He appeared very drunk and was trying to chat up girls. He was thrown out by door staff 20 minutes later."

Wow, a creep and manslaughterer.... JUSTICE!

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1564648/Police-to-think-twice-about-rescuing-drowning.html
abcnews.go.com/WN/teens-drown-wading-louisianas-red-river/story?id=11312631
archive.is/xcCbE
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cat-swung-by-tail-man-hands-277579
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36797799
youtu.be/cK-VnIu7eEo
kentnews.co.uk/news/video_cctv_footage_of_drunk_man_at_ramsgate_station_at_the_forefront_of_national_rail_christmas_campaign_1_4788837
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Manslaughter for not helping someone? wat.

This seemed really odd when I saw it this morning. I mean yeah it's pretty shitty that he just watched her fall in, drown and float away - just can't see how it's a crime.

>drunk

unable

Maybe he thought he was in Venice

This. If he had tried something we'd be digging two graves.

IF YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE DROWNING

I WOULD NOT LEND A HAND

>brit justice system

nice joke

How the FUCK is that a crime?
Is he related to her?
Is he the reason why she's in the water?

No? Then it's not a crime. It's unethical, sure, but not a crime. Would literally never happen in US.

Isn't there some legal precedent about responsibility to help PROVIDED YOU DON'T JEOPARDIZE YOURSELF in the process?

Funny, we were just discussing how someone famous did this with his girlfriend but with a car.

Didnt call the police for 12 hours while she drowned.

this right here

i got plastered and jumped off a boat for a swim once, nearly fucking died

You're probably thinking of Good Samaritan laws where people trying to help others are afforded legal protections if they screw up and hurt the injured person.

>blind drunk
>not a great swimmer
>middle of the night
>jailed for 5 years for not endangering his own life

I know it's hard for Americans to comprehend but in civilized nations you are obligated to help people in immediate need.

nice justice system. so its his fault she is a dumb cunt. its hard to save someone from drowing since she can drag you with him so easily. so he is obligated to risk his life? what a time to be alive. now you have to die for women while she has everything better in society, but its not enough. when this end?

The metal she attached to her face probably didn't help.

This. Should be labelled suicide.

If a man witnesses someone fall into peril and they do nothing to aid them then they don't deserve to live in a western society

Wasn't that one of those scumbag democrat Kennedys?

As for this story. Bizarre. And wtf was she doing in the sea at that hour? Was she drunk? Under influence of drugs? Also maybe he knew she was underage and didnt want to be accused of sexual assault.

Women:
> touch me and I'll scream rape and you'll go to prison
> carry me out of the water or you'll go to prison

wew, he delayed with the call for hours. He could have called immediately while watching her drowning, retard.

Wtf she looks 30 years old

>i got plastered and jumped off a boat for a swim once, nearly fucking died

Same thing happened to me, I don't drink on boats anymore

Me too way too dangerous. Now I just drunk two bottles of Vodka safely in my room every day

no you aren't, stop being a fucking idiot

Let me get this straight? I'm expected to put my ass on the line to save someone from drowning at night? While drunk? While I can barely swim on my own and don't have the strength or training to rescue someone who is drowning?

This

please tell me this is fake news or that he can appeal

meth is a helluva drug

They'd likely be digging two graves... Can't say I don't blame the guy for not trying. He could be a weak swimmer too. Pretty fucked up situation

> You help drowning girl: get arrested for molestation of kid, sentenced to 20 years, chemical castration and permanent presense on sex offenders list
> You don't help drowning girl: 5.5 years sentence
In shitty man-hating world, letting them die is cheaper option. But of course, ideally you should fucking run away as fast as you could and not reveal your ID.

oh wait its eruope, of course the laws are draconian
for some reason i thought it happened in the us

>Bowditch

>:Nathaniel Bowditch (/ˈbaʊdJtʃ/; March 26, 1773 – March 16, 1838) was an early American mathematician remembered for his work on ocean navigation. He is often credited as the founder of modern maritime navigation; his book The New American Practical Navigator, first published in 1802, is still carried on board every commissioned U.S. Naval vessel.

drinking alone is patrician imo, a real mans activity.

yeah

>admitted manslaughter by gross negligence.
>admitted
there you go. Dude was an idiot in court.

actually in civillized nations we are white enough to know that jumping into water to save someone is something ONLY a professional lifeguard should do. its easy for a drunk amateur swimmer (like those in cold old england) to get dragged down by even a 100 pound woman

UK is fucked

>its hard to save someone from drowing since she can drag you with him so easily. so he is obligated to risk his life? what a time to be alive.

You absolutely need to risk your life for your fellow human. Soon goy, we will have mandatory organ donation while you're still alive.

A single working lung is enough for you.

MEANWHILE:
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1564648/Police-to-think-twice-about-rescuing-drowning.html
>Police officers have been warned not to hold out a hand to drowning swimmers, and to think twice before throwing a lifebelt, in case they are pulled into the water themselves.

meanwhile:

abcnews.go.com/WN/teens-drown-wading-louisianas-red-river/story?id=11312631

>Some degenerate gets drunk and high
>Doesn't even so much as call for help when a woman starts drowning

Probably felt paranoid about getting caught on drugs of he drew attention and made the call to just let her die instead.

Worthless trash. Execute immediately.

It was ethical.

Dude was drunk. He had zero obligation to help her or he would have drowned as well or made it worse

"Sorry, I can't save you. I'm not qualified and could be held liable in a court of law if anything were to happen to you"

'Murica

>While I can barely swim on my own
I always forget that any post with an american flag is probably coming from a black guy.

Most yuropoor countries have "forced samarithan" laws.
If you see some retard in trouble you are fucked if you help because you'll get in shit, but if he somehow survives whatever peril he'd wandered himself and you didn't help there's always the chance he'd sue the shit out of you.

I can't swim

I live in Colorado and I've seen a dozen news reports this year not to try and save your dog alone if they fall through the ice. You unironically telling me danecuck that saving a woman is more important than my pupper?

He would have fully met his obligations under the law and been subject to zero punishment if he so much as called for help before going back to clubbing and not caring anymore. Absolutely nobody is arguing that he had an obligation to jump in and try to save her.

He is trash and the law punishing him is righteous. Deal with it.

This guy gets it.

hmmmm

Hey I am not arguing that we don't have a roach problem.

There was a big controversy when cops didn't jump into the pond to save someone buy they could hop into a river to fetch some books that fell in.
I can understand if he pushed her in or even a strech didn't call for assistance but if I've been drinking I avoid water and firearms for mine and others safety.
Saving people other than children from water much deeper than you chest is more difficult than youd think. Life isn't baywatch.

Nearly all of you are fucking retarded and only read headlines.
He didn't call the police/coastguard and instead went back to clubbing, which makes him a shitty human being.

archive.is/xcCbE

>drunk

>unable

I believe you are correct if he jumped in then we have two dead bodies on the slab and not just one.

This.

>Bowditch told police they had been "mucking about" and he believed she ended up in the water sometime between 02:05 and 02:40 BST.
>Bowditch was seen dancing in a bar at around 02:50
>When Bowditch returned home he called police at 05:01

The guy is human refuse and should be killed.

Well she was dead already regardless, why ruin your schedule?

same shit in krautland but i would still let everyone die 2bh. i'm glad i never leave the house.

why didnt he just say he cant swim?

Thus the need for forced Samaritan-ism, at threat of jail-time upon failure to comply, right?

I live in the town this happened.
Everyone was shocked when she died but the story that broke was that she was hella drunk and died after falling in the water.

it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he had pushed her into the water after she shrugged off his advances.
The local population here are fucking retarded. Bunch of scrounging chav scum, overweight, on drugs and always kicking off at the slightest shit.

There are no clubs in ramsgate m8 only bars.
like i said, he probably fingered her and went to give her the D but she refused so he threw her in the water and she died.

I'M A NICE GUY AND I GET FRIENDZONED ALL THE TIME, BUT THE GIRL DROWNING CHADS GET ALL THE BABES! IF I HAD A GF I WOULD DO ANYTHING SHE SAID NO MATTER WHAT AND I WOULD NEVER DISAGREE OR DROWN HER! PUTRID WHORES!

That's some full retard shit right there. Why even make a phonecall if you're going to be so halfassed about it?

He should've just acted like he didn't see anything and went about his business.

5 years? He won't be in there for 5 days.

This is the same town btw that was on the national news a while back because a chav swung a cat around by its tail.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cat-swung-by-tail-man-hands-277579

A drunk man is expected to be able to rescue a drowning woman but a drunk woman can't even fuck because women are too retarded

Women confirmed for actual children

Of course.

He would have been seen on cctv, theres a lot of it in this town.

Also another great example of my town - Ramsgate -

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36797799

"Three brothers have been found guilty of murdering a vulnerable woman by performing wrestling moves on her."
They beat the shit out of an old woman, basically.

t. retard who has never been trained in water rescue. fucking idiot.

youtu.be/cK-VnIu7eEo
Another example of the fantastic people who live in this area.

kentnews.co.uk/news/video_cctv_footage_of_drunk_man_at_ramsgate_station_at_the_forefront_of_national_rail_christmas_campaign_1_4788837

Honestly lads, it makes me want to die.

> virtue-signalling on Sup Forums
SJW trash have IQ less than 50.

How much time did he get? This is not enough to be manslaughter. Maybe another crime.

Read what ive posted dude. This town is a fucking disgrace that should be purged from the face of england.

The lad is 100% degenerate trash that wont contribute to humanity in any way shape or form.

it's got nothing to do with social justice.

>17 year old woman

hmmm...

Age is a social construct user

/thread
literally the most obvious answer

16 is the legal age for adults here, bible thumper.

The sentence for manslaughter is at the description of the judge

I hate this fucking planet sometimes.

He plead guilty. That means there is no trial and he is found guilty by default, regardless of the merits of the case or evidence/lack thereof. If he had plead not guilty he would not have been convicted. It doesn't set a precedent.

What? Fuck that gas dwarf.

he would have been convicted if he pleaded not guilty. He was the last person to see her alive, admitted to being with her prior to her death, he also called the police several hours after she had fallen into the water. He quite clearly murdered her.

To all those defending this moron, he watched her drown, then went clubbing, then told police hours later he watched someone die.

He deserves 5 years the fucking scumbag.

I'VE SEEN YOUR FACE BEFORE ,MY FRIEND