Who was in the right?

Who was in the right?

youtube.com/watch?v=DfnEheOqTFk&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y49rv3QBtkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a tragedy. Cop should have left the house. But he also had the right to shoot.

I'd have stepped outside.

That certainly helped the situation.

I'd expect the officer to shoot but I don't think he needed to shoot to kill in a scenario like this.

cop was in the right, as sad as it is, he came at him with a knife and was within lunge distance. cop was backing up but the man was also closing the gap.

m8 this video is three years old. I remember when it first came out.

you are trained to shoot to end the threat, keep firing until his body has hit the ground.

This

I understand that I'm just saying I don't think it was needed.

>carry a gun with no stopping power
>have to shoot 100 times because you know how shitty your gun is

Yeah, but until they got there the guy was only a threat to himself. I don't see how a cop could have helped in that situation anyways. A suicidal person is not a violent criminal and shouldn't be treated as such. It's just going to increase the amount of people suicide by cop, because it keeps working.

The man was. It's his right to take his own life. The cop shouldn't have even been there and I highly doubt he had a warrant to even be in the house in the first place. I fucking loathe cops.

The cop didn't need to shoot.

The situation didn't warrant it. The cop just got spooked and got trigger scared.

That being said, the cop shouldn't face any charges or any consequences either.
The guy was coming towards him, and the cop had the legal right to shoot him, but the moral decision and the situation of a suicidal guy lazily walking towards you doesn't warrant shooting.

If this cop was a retired Army vet or Marine vet, this probably wouldn't have happened.

I've heard that Ex military cops shoot a lot less than civilian cops because they have a lot more high stress situational awareness and more time behind a gun.

Neither, but the cop is more wrong.
>suicidal guy needs a therapist
>shoots him anyway

Not that cops shouldn't carry guns, but this was perfect opportunity for one of those tazers.

Also, cops should be trained in hand-to-hand combat so they won't always simply cower behind their killing machine.

This was basically murder.

Like, 51% self defense, 49% murder.

Case of retarded cop who doesn't know how to descelate a situation. Welp, I guess the guy got what he wanted though lol

The guy didn't want this........

Real suicide is always a surprise.

Any foreshadowing is a "cry for help"
>attention*

Well I mean the cop legally had every right to shoot him. If someone is a threat to your life, you end theirs, period. However, it would have been much better to simply leave the house and try to figure a way around it. But you can hear him talking with the neighbors or whatever and there wasn't a back door so idk how they'd disarm him.

If they knew in advance, they should have expected something like this and brought rubber bullets or a beanbag gun. But for all I know all of this escalated too fast for those preparations to be made.

Tbh I wish I could get a homicidal cop to shoot me dead. I've been wanting to kill myself for a while but can't bring myself to actually do it with my own hand, I need someone else to kill me

I agree with most of what you said but the hand to hand bit was just absurd. Even if you win a knife fight you're most likely going to get cut up yourself. Trying to hand to hand fight a guy with a knife is absolute retard teir.

The cops should have special "negotiators, psychologists" to deal with the suicidal. He should have just walked away until they could get someone who could actually talk him down. He should have just stayed with the woman and made sure she was safe

Nah. Walking towards a cop with a weapon is basically a suicide attempt, and he was successful.

>A suicidal person is not a violent criminal and shouldn't be treated as such.

Suicide is a crime moron.

a man with nothing left to lose in life is extremely dangerous

I'm not saying he should have hand-to-handed with the poor guy, I'm saying that the training would instill some integrity and confidence.

Like, this situation should be practiced.
>guy has knife
>if you both get out alive, you gets the gold medal
>go
>oh, you shot him in the leg?
>meh, silver

Simply because you're a tax paying cog in their machine.

They want your money, not your life.

The real world is not about medals you stupid CoD-playing kid. In the real world if you make a mistake you never get to see your family again. You can't be older than 15.

Assisted suicide is different than actual suicide.

Go build my wall, spic.

It's not that.
It's the fact that using a gun is de-facto deadly force. When guns are used they are used to kill, not incapacitate.
When you use a gun you use it until the target dies. Period. No half-ass hollywood faggotry about it.
Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

if a police officer is pointing a gun at you and telling you to drop your wepon, and you carry on towards him with said wepon, he is going to shoot you.

good luck aiming and shooting multiple times at a specific body part in a dark room with a pistol whilst shouting at a man with a knife whilst also having to walk backwards, and even if he did manage to shoot the guys arm, do you realy think he would just drop the knife and call it quits? it is a high stress environment, you can only train the police on how to control their emotions a little bit in situations like this, only people who have been in this situation multiple times know what to do.

>I don't think he needed to shoot to kill in a scenario like this
i hate fucking retards that say this.

Yeah but being suicidal isn't a crime. Which is what that man was. Fucking bean boy, your country is committing suicide as we speak. You're going to pay for that wall.

Yeah, but that guy just wanted to kill himself. The cop shouldn't have taken that from him.

knives are incredibly dangerous at that distance

the man was approaching with a deadly weapon and disobeying orders

note that tazers don't always work. in fact, they fail often.

note that nobody "shoots him in the leg". that is incredibly difficult to do and also may not work. thankfully, it is the opposite of how this officer and all others are trained.

should he have shot the knife from his hand?

too many goddamn videogames

>being a scared pussy that doesn't know how to handle a situation or a gun

the kid obviously wanted to suicide by cop, which is a shitty thing to do to the officer.

why didn't the officer shot him non-fatally? I'm not saying to shoot the knife out of his hand but could have shot him in the knee/leg to incapacitate him for a few seconds/long enough to take him into custody.

According to murican law the cop was in the right to shoot him.

It's probably a bad idea to call the murican police if you don't want to get your suicidal son shot in the first place, they are not really known to deescalate a situation.

>Who was in the right?

No one.

The guy clearly wanted suicide by cop.

The cop clearly didn't have to shoot that many times.

>Yeah but being suicidal isn't a crime. Which is what that man was.

Kill yourself.

There's no way to know if he's suicidal or murderous. You want to wager your life on the guess? Great. Become a cop. If you're not dead, you'll probably be fired within a year for reckless behavior.

life-or-death adrenaline. the cop didn't get to sit and watch this video. he was actually there. he might have kissed his wife or kid goodbye in the morning. this situation was a total surprise to him.

they are not trained to shoot fucking legs on moving targets. it doesn't neutralize the threat and isn't as easy as it is when you're playing call of duty.

>suicidal man with knife lazily walks towards you
>GET DOWN NOWWWWW AHHHHH
>shoot 5 times

this was murder you fucking retards holy shit break the conditioning for just one second

>You have to wait till he lunges at your neck with a knife before you shoot him.

kys kys kys

Tazzers don't work 100% of the time. Guy could easily have been on drugs like PCP. Bullets to the chest work 100% of the time

No amount of convincing is ever going to take away the hate that lady at the beginning has for that cop.

Think about that.

>No amount of convincing is ever going to take away the hate that lady at the beginning has for that cop.

She's stupid too.

only for calling the cops to deal with a suicidal person. they arent trained to de escalate and will only make the situation 10000% worse

Agreed.

You call the cops when you need a lethal enforcer. That's all.

Dude, why are you even defending the cop??

FUCK the police, remember???

It was 51% self defense, 49% murder.

Yeah, the cop was in the right but he fucking KILLED that guy that just needed some help.

And that lady's last thoughts will be of this.
Put yourself in her shoes.

Well I donno if direct lethal shots were necessary here, especially at this distance.

Still, the nig was niggin by moving to the cop with a fucking knife. What a smart idea.

>unstable person coming toward you with a knife
>they are close enough to where they could lunge at you and you are stabbed in 1-2 seconds flat
>if you miss your shot or do not hit critical area attacker may still stab you possibly killing you

The only thing officers did wrong here is using ammunition designed to kill. If we had something like a 99% reliable taser then this guy would probably still be alive. Some people who are high on drugs or simply because the taser makes insufficient contact there is no effect which puts officers lives at risk.

>shoot to kill

You don't shoot for any other reason. This isn't a video game where you can snipe this dudes kneecap making him fall on the ground. If you miss you are probably going to die therefore you shoot to neutralize the threat.

I'm defending the cop because it's not his fault. The other guy came at him with a knife. Case closed.

Sure it's a tragic situation. It's really unfortunate that life has these pointless events. People die needlessly. This will never change.

Being depressive doesn't absolve a person of their choices. The guy still chose to walk at the cop with the knife. He had free will. We just have to accept the fact that free will implies there will be pointless tragedies that happen in the world.

He didn't need a warrant. You have no concept of the law, the shot man was not the owner of the home.

I bet you're great at parties.

Yea man. Fuck da police; pass the weed.

I bet you're a hit with the ladies.

ya man. fuck da bitch; pass the condoms.

Every time I see a migrant or nigger in western Europe, where the cops are petrified and run from one guy....

... I need to turn on some good ol' fashioned American cop showing the world how it's done.

No.

If you make the decision to shoot, you shoot to kill.

Just shooting once is retarded

What would anyone do when they get shot?
Fight or flight response.

If I get shot I'm going after the officer in my adrenaline soaked mind.

Stop now and start improving your life.

So murrican cops are trained to kill at the slightest danger of bodily harm to themselves?

Of course the cop was in the right
He gave him every chance to live
He told him to drop the knife at least 5 times
He even backed away a few steps at first
If he turned and ran he could have been stabbed in the back/neck at that range
If anything, the cop was wrong for letting him get that close in the first place
All americans know you have to listen to police or you could get shot
Nu pol is full of pussies
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

>So murrican cops are trained to kill at the slightest danger of bodily harm to themselves?
If "slightest danger" means "mortal danger", then yes.

this
video related
> Knife vs Gun The 21 Foot Rule Great Demonstration
youtube.com/watch?v=Y49rv3QBtkk