Ok, guys. Serious question here

We put a 20% tariff on goods coming into the united states from Mexico. Can they put some kind of rider in the bill to prevent the corporations from just passing the extra cost onto American consumers? Because I'm pretty sure that's what the corporations are gonna do, and then the American people ultimately end up paying for the wall.

It's to persuade the american people to purchase American made products, as they wouldn't have a tariff on them and as so they'd be cheaper.

just dont buy coke you fat nigger

But what about American products that have small parts made in Mexico. Cars and appliances here have small components made in Mexico. Still easy enough to avoid but what about food ingredients? Are there any important food ingredients that come from Mexico and are used to make other food stuffs in the US? Because that could be catastrophic. The price would snowball as it moves down the line until we're paying double or triple for essential food stuffs at the grocery store..

We're paying for the wall, mate. And honestly, most of that bill is being shunted onto the poor people (both whites and POC). Guarantee that the poor white folks will complain more, as they're generally too stupid to actually price-search.

Guess which group of poor people helped vote Trump in? He's stabbing his voters in the back here.

I don't even drink soda. Go be a retard somewhere else.

What I don't understand is why he's doing this instead of the tax on money orders to Mexico and/or pulling their foreign aid. Those together would have more than paid for the wall, and neither would be able to come back and bite us in the ass.

just dont buy mexican products you fat nigger

>inb4 "i dont buy mexican products"

problem solved

Give me a full list of everything made in Mexico and brought here, including everything that includes a component or ingredient made in Mexico, and I totally will- if it's at all possible.

Because I'm pretty sure the list is bigger than "muh coke and otha products, you fat nigger"

Trump's handlers demand it. He's as much a slave to $$$ as Clinton.

For the American people to decide not to buy the American retailers need to buy the products first. So either way, Americans pay for the wall.

Fuck. Didn't even think of that... and then they spread the cost of those products to other products to make up the extra cost, fuck. Because that is what those fucking kikes will do.

Fuck. Back to my original question. Does anyone know if they can put something, anything in the bill to prohibit companies from passing the cost on to us?

>prevent the corporations from just passing the extra cost
that's not the point dumbass

Americans will quit buying Mexican products because they will cost more and begin getting their avocados from other south american countries

When we quit purchasing Mexican goods their economy will begin to tank

When their country is going into the shitter they will be BEGGING for that 20% tax to go away

Then they will pay for the wall.

>Mexico is 2nd biggest source of agricultural products
> Prices of goods in one industry affect prices in other industries

Ah, the American education system at work once again.

Mostly Sugar and agriculture products but also the assemblies of computer and phones are made in Mexico.

You're a fucking idiot.

"Yeah, sorry kids, can't eat anymore. Gotta stop buying Mexican products because, as it turns out, there's Mexican ingredients in virtually everything. What, you're hungry? Well, I guess we can eat potatoes... you know, from Idaho."

How fucking dense are you?

Again, I'm worried about essentials with mexican ingrediants and components. Like there's some widget or some shit made in mexico, and goes into a school bus break line, then the county has to pay more for buses and my property tax goes up.

If there's less competition for American producers, they'll put the prices up.

Idahoan potatoes will get more expensive.

almost half the us is farmland nigger

It's a snowball that kills Mexico economy.
>20% tariff
>someone has to pay that
>company don't pass for the consumer
>massive deficit per sale
>pass tariff for end consumer
>no one buys because it's too expensive

Trump is killing incentives to produce goods in Mexico. They're fucked, their economy will spin out of control.

Try harder, burger-boy. See:

Or they make the part in the US and increase the cost of that part by 5% as opposed to 20%...

>mexico is the only country that makes produce

oh no we'll have to pay 10 cents more for avocados from brazil

>PAID FOR BY NEW TAXES
>PAID FOR BY NEW TAXES
>PAID FOR BY NEW TAXES
>PAID FOR BY NEW TAXES
>PAID FOR BY NEW TAXES
>PAID FOR BY NEW TAXES

>NEW TARIFF = NEW TAX
>NEW TARIFF = NEW TAX
>NEW TARIFF = NEW TAX
>NEW TARIFF = NEW TAX
>NEW TARIFF = NEW TAX

I loved Trump's dick swinging bravado in saying Mexico would pay, but if it comes down to it, I don't mind paying for the wall

one way or another the peso is about to nosedive which should send a message

Or they raise the price of the end product 40%, because "fuck you, no one can stop us." That's what they always fucking do.

>BUILD THE WALL, BUILD THE WALL GO TRUMP
>guys, i was thinking, will my avocados go up in price?
>guys im not ok with the wall anymore

kek

I'm not ok with them raising Taxes to pay for this shit.

FUCK THAT SHIT! KEEP YOUR STINKING PAWS OFF OF MY WALLET YOU GOD DAMN DIRTY POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

You are going to defend this. Enjoy paying 20% more for your tomatoes.

calm down cleetus trump wants to lower taxes and keep ur jerbs

I still want the wall, more border security, and mass deportations.

What I don't want is more pressure put onto the shoulders of struggling, working class Americans who've already fought tooth and nail to survive the last decade plus of economic implosions, corporate douchbaggery, and utter incompetence from an out-of-touch ruling class.

There were better options. Way better options. And unless Trump's got a really good plan that he's not telling anyone, then this just looks like another massive fuck-up from the fuckers in charge.

literally kys you lying cunt

Shut the fuck up, Paco. Grown ups are talking about how to clean up your mess.

God you're annoying

>being this retarded

Not really, if the prices go up overall it'll just make it so that the products will be bought from any place besides Mexico.
>But what about American products that have small parts made in Mexico. Cars and appliances here have small components made in Mexico. Still easy enough to avoid but what about food ingredients? Are there any important food ingredients that come from Mexico and are used to make other food stuffs in the US?

Hope you realize that there are already huge tariffs on 3rd world agricultural imports into the majority of western countries. It's what they do to compensate the domestic farmers, so they can stay competitive. When the domestic farmers are competitive, the foreign ( third world ) farmers have to lower their prices, so you have immensely cheap food imports.

Aside from that, Mexico does not have a monopoly on these components, the only thing Mexico offers is low wages, thus more profits. That means that you can make these things in any other third world shithole. That's what's going to happen. Mexico does not have the sole rights to produce these products/components, it only has the contract to do so.

Why do you think China is exporting their production to Africa?

Why do you think India is attempting to invest a huge amount into their infrastructure?

Cheap labour nations offer nothing that is unique, when the price goes up, the investors/contractors hop borders.