Rand Paul unveils ObamaCare replacement

thehill.com/policy/healthcare/316084-rand-paul-unveils-obamacare-replacement

>Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) unveiled an ObamaCare replacement bill Wednesday as part of his effort to urge the GOP to speed up work on an alternative to the healthcare law.

>Paul has been pushing his colleagues to have a replacement plan ready to pass simultaneously with repeal of ObamaCare, a demand that has recently been gaining support inside the party. His office noted that President Trump and Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) have also reacted favorably to that idea.

>“There is no excuse for waiting to craft an alternative until after we repeal Obamacare, and the Obamacare Replacement Act charts a new path forward that will insure the most people possible at the lowest price,” Paul said in a statement.

>Paul’s plan includes a tax credit of up to $5,000 per person to use as part of a Health Savings Account to pay for medical care. That tax credit appears to be larger than those offered in other Republican healthcare plans.

>The plan would abolish many of the central elements of ObamaCare, including the mandate that everyone has coverage. It would eliminate the minimum standards for which health services an insurance plan must cover, which Republicans argue would allow for cheaper, less comprehensive plans.

>It would also eliminate some of ObamaCare’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions. Instead, Paul proposes a two-year period where people with pre-existing conditions could get coverage. After that, people with pre-existing conditions would be protected if they continuously maintained coverage. ObamaCare, on the other hand, also protects people who are uninsured and signing up for the first time.

Other urls found in this thread:

paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/ObamacareReplacementActSections.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=RDw1wKKBBUQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It would also eliminate some of ObamaCare’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions

Dropped

It means dipshits who smoke like a chimney for 2 decades don't get coverage for thier lung cancer dumbass

What are there like 40 different replacement bills now?

WAT BOUT MAH KEEDZ?! DEY NEED OBAMACARE!

>two year period

I foresee "administrative errors" dropping patients and then when they try to sign up they cannot be covered for their "preexisting conditions"

Oh that's nice.
So now my mother with crippling nerve damage in both legs won't even get insurance for her meds.

Protect those with pre-existing conditions, that should be #1.

I don't understand why you have to drop the pre-existing conditions clause and why it goes hand in hand with the "must have insurance" mandate. why can't you just make a fucking law saying health insurance companies can't discriminate based on pre-existing conditions. how fucking hard is it

Why doesn't she already have insurance if she has a serious medical condition??????

Rand paul is a fucking retard.

Why the fuck would anyone buy insurance if they don't need it and nothing can prevent them from buying the day they get sick?

Does this mean the $0 deductible plans nuked by the state exchanges that existed pre Obama are coming back?

>and why it goes hand in hand with the "must have insurance" mandate.

Everything boils down to our politicians being bought and controlled by insurance companies. That's literally it.

Obamacare will look like a god spend compared to whatever awful shit Trump will sign.

I think for that reason is why they won't go with this bill

There's a couple of other bills being floated out there as replacements that include the pre-existing conditions clause and Trump has said that's something he wants to keep

But but I thought the GOP plan was repeal every WORD of Obamacare as Ted Cruz said.

Why should that be #1? Because it affects you?

>Protect those with pre-existing conditions, that should be #1.

Then it isn't insurance. You can't call the auto insurance folks to insure your car after the wreck, and if anybody said that was unfair and we should force the company to cover you. we'd laugh them out the door.

That does not mean there should not be some help for people caught in that bind -- but it is not insurance, and should not be forced onto the insurance industry.

Sorry about your Mom's situation. I hope whatever happens she'll be taken care of.

Trump has said he wants to keep pre-existing conditions and letting people stay on their parents plans until they're 26

My car has pre-existing damage from a big fucking wreck yesterday, when I was drivign around without insurance. 'd like you to cover it for me starting today, Mr. Allstate, I'll send you $100 for my premium and the bill from my mechanic...

Hello?

Hello...?

>god spend
wew lad

AND replace it with something that will hopefully provide more choice and flexibillity, decent coverage and that actually addresses costs.

Some of the words may also have appeared in Obamacare, why would that matter?

It's time to say goodbye user.

Eugenetics are the future

>god spend

Did you do that on porpoise?

Don't worry, Trump said everyone will be covered

Well, yes, but his plan will have been written by his staff and may be OK, let's see what is in it.

You should have replied to the post. Now she is going to die in her sleep. Blame yourself faggot.

No mention of opening up the insurance market so people can buy insurance across state lines?
Rand, I am disappointed

even your trip code is a nigger

>AND replace it with something that will hopefully provide more choice and flexibillity, decent coverage and that actually addresses costs.

LOL

Obamacare was the GOP healthcare plan you neanderthal. Democrats are Republicans from the 1970s and Republicans are lunatics. Both parties are far right wing corporatists. What's it like being an uneducated hick?

>I don't understand why you have to drop the pre-existing conditions clause and why it goes hand in hand with the "must have insurance" mandate.

Because IF they require the insurance company to cover your preexisting conditions, but don;t mandate you have coverage, then there is no reason for you to buy insurance -- you can pick it up cheap when and if you get injurred or sick.

The issue there is, the system that says you don't pay into it unless you are drawing out more than you pay is not sustainable.

Jesus Christ this is all happening so fast

Well mommy should just pay her fucking premiums then.

>Obamacare was the GOP healthcare plan you neanderthal.

It was certainly very similar to Romney's plan, yes. I am not sure why you think something is flawless because it was the GOP plan -- are you that strong a Republican?

Obamacare, wherever it came from, has some issues that ought to be addressed. Or is your position that we should leave it as is because it was at one time the Republican plan? I'm not sure I understand that logic.

I know a good deal of people with genetic fuck ups since birth.

It's improper to call it insurance, when it should just be "Healthcare coverage", in that it covers healthcare costs, rather than insure in case of future event. That way people with pre-existing conditions can not be robbed blind by the kikes in the medical industry.

Also
>2 years

So much for anyone that develops diabetes, bad organs, Coeliac's, or any other life long diseases.

>trip code

paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/ObamacareReplacementActSections.pdf
>Interstate Market for Health Insurance
Yes he did include that. Read the actual bill instead of what others have to say about it

>Obamacare, wherever it came from, has some issues that ought to be addressed.

The only answer is a singe payer healthcare. End of discussion.

>eugenetics
>EU GENETICS

>So now my mother with crippling nerve damage in both legs won't even get insurance for her meds
Fucking hell user that isn't what insurance is that's a subsidy.
Insurance is paying x a month in case something tragic happens. It isn't insurance if you already had your accident it's a subsidy of your accident

>4 pages

That alone is enough for me to support it

Hick... Uneducated... Hmmm...

Give me ONE good reason why anyone over the age of 45 should be allowed to live.

Because no insurance company will accept you if you have a serious medical condition. How old are you even?

This en go to clinic who doesn't use insurance, you mongoloid. Insurance isn't a magical "oh shit, i'm fucked, I know, i'll multiply my money!" scheme.

>Give me ONE good reason why anyone over the age of 45 should be allowed to live.

Give me ONE good reason you should be allowed to live.

>Large margin of error

Dropped.

Yeah -- there should, ideally, be some method of helping folks like those you describe. That is separate and distinct from health insurance, whatever you call it.

I think we may be fairly close to agreement there.

>Coeliac

OK, but only if you promise not to include idiots who are not eating gluten because they think it makes them special, or they read on FB that it is Bad.

That is definitely why I suspect the D's passed such an abortion of a healthcare law in the ACA -- hoping to fuck it up so bad that they could then say "only government run healthcare can sort this mess out."

We could argue the merits of a single payer plan, but there is little point to it -- under the current Congress, that is the ONE plan we can be very certain we will not get.

That is key, yes.

>based Az
>showing up the other southwest states as usual

Why is Arizona the best state?

I pay taxes.

No offense user, but if we're going to do that then we have to go single payer.

I wouldn't mind going single payer if I lived in a white country full of people who take responsibility and care for themselves. But single payer in America would mean as a healthy young person I'm paying out the ass so that people who are too fat to move without a scooter can chain smoke and eat mcdonalds every day and never pay the consequences. I'm not doing that, and if that means your mom gets shafted than so be it. It shouldn't be on the rest of us to spend millions to keep your mom alive so she can whither at home with legs that don't work.

Because I would love to have this fucking federal government in charge of my health
Brava, you mouthbreathing retard

Single-payer brings with it a nanny state, without fail, because the government must keep healthcare costs down, and they do that by regulating behaviors they deem "unhealthy".

Then the shit all goes bankrupt anyways!

Sorry I don't trust 4000 page bios that means it's full of all kinds of special kickbacks and exceptions

Classic of bills written by lobbyists and is argue a big reason why the power of governance has continually moved to the executive branch

Simplicity is something under valued people have a modern meme that more complex is inherintlh better

Could you imagine making so much money thatyou don't even know what you pay for your health insurance?
Like it doesn't even matter to you?
My electric bill hits $50 for a month and I'm like "that fucking ac."

I wouldn't trust a libertarian on healthcare.

Insurance: limits losses in case of an unplanned event.

Coverage: provides assistance for known events.

Your moms legs are not insured by any financial sense. I can't buy car insurance to cover a casualty I already had. Your mom needs budgeting and financial assistance to insure she gets medical care. Completely different from needing protection from suffering a car wreck and getting a $500K medical bill.

In both cases the underlying problem is expensive health care costs that continue to rise and leech off insurance's guaranteed payments. Until this is addresses you are going to conflate the issue with muh feels muh mommys legs.

HOL UP HOL UP

>Single-payer brings with it a nanny state, without fail, because the government must keep healthcare costs down, and they do that by regulating behaviors they deem "unhealthy".

And rationing care. Or, if it offends Leftists to call it rationing, use another word.

ONLY TRUMP CAN BRING SINGLE PAYER TO AMERICA

Did you guys read the bill

2 year period for people with pre-exsisting conditions to get coverage

But that's the question, will he do it?

S-sorry user-kun pls have this brazilfu

I agree -- not sure why that contradicts the idea that inter-state insurance markets are vital in creating competition amongst providers and thus keeping costs down.

Monopolies bad...

And whatever the first bill out the gate is, it will not pass as-is. I would love some group of GOP or bi-partisan congressoids to start fighting for clear language, succinctly expressed, in legislation. No reason to think it will happen, but shit, I never thought we'd see a President Trump, so impossible things happen every day on this timeline.

This. Insurance is pre-emptive. If you buy insurance the week after you find out you have cancer, it's a bailout. Perhaps a clause allowing people with pre-existing conditions who are transferring off of their parents, or existing insurance cannot be denied.

I don't think it should be mandated you buy insurance, plenty of people are sound enough to save and prepare for health expenses themselves, however that's still a minority of people, and I think the majority of that minority have health insurance. Given all that, I personally am okay with mandated health insurance, however, it should not be mandated government insurance, government insurance should be an option.

Its literally federally mandated law that they have to insure you at this moment in time and Paul's plan gives a 2yr sign up window
If you're too stupid or poor to figure it out in 2yrs you deserve it.

Not with a GOP majority in Congress.

Government Health Care is anathema to the GOP. I would tend to agree with them, but right or wrong, that's where we are.

You're exactly right. And that's why insurance is stupid for healthcare, and why we should have socialized medicine.

The GOP will fall in line. That's what they do.

Great idea -- run on over to the VA Hospital near you and have a look at how this government has been providing quality care to those whose medical needs it meets 100%.

Like many things, it sounds great until you see what they actually do.

That's why so many of them voted for ACA, right?

When did Obama become a Republican?

Why don't we expand medicare to cover those who have permanent/crippling conditions?

Okay so then pay out of pocket if she needs to bother being alive

A few thoughts on that. First, it's easy to fuck the VA because only a minority of people use its services. Second, shitty healthcare beats no healthcare any day of the week. Further, I don't see why you couldn't have a voucher-like system where the public system would either treat you at a shitty clinic or act like an insurer and pay out a certain amount to the gold-plated private clinic you prefer. You, or your supplementary private insurance, would pay the difference.

That way everybody gets some level of care, and people who want more can still get it.

How is it possible that you faggots don't understand how insurance works?

its a fucking BANK that places a bet on you. Will you spend less money over the length of the coverage than they pay out whenever you need it?

That's the bet. Any government involvement in betting is insane. If the government came into your poker game and said,

>hey buddy, i see those odds are 3/1, breddy gud. but really they are 11/1 now. what u thank bout that citizen?

what we really need is cheaper ""healthcare"", ie Doctors, hospitals, out-patient care, prescription meds, etc,etc. So its not completely price controlled through insurance.

People with pre-existing conditions should be able to get coverage no matter what, period. There's also this gem

>It would eliminate the minimum standards for which health services an insurance plan must cover, which Republicans argue would allow for cheaper, less comprehensive plans.

which means poor people will get shit plans that won't cover anything. It might cover them if they get a cough but if anything serious happens they might as well have nothing.

your mum will still be fine for 2 years mate

Ok, what happens after 2 years when a 26 year old with a pre-existing condition has to get off their paren'ts insurance. Just drop dead?

no they fucking shouldn't.

you just want a cheap ride.

you want a bank to give you a good monthly deal so you can spend your insurance like a credit card getting thousands of thousands of dollars out while paying relatively few hundreds in.

That's destined for failure. It's wholly unsustainable. It would make more sense to completely abolish insurance altogether than to shill for having any business go bankrupt trying to keep your sick ass afloat.

>yfw you actually read on page 672 the dissolution of the NSA and the auditing of the federal reserve hidden in there

you have 2 years to buy insurance from the time you find out you have a condition and still have it covered as a pre-existing condition, so if the 26 year old already has a pre-existing condition they wouldn't get any 2 year grace period, they would have to mantain continuous insurance

if you can't afford that insurance you should be on medicaid and welfare in general

>672
Rand's bill is 4 pages long

>Healthcare Bill under 1000 pages long

>insurance's guaranteed payments.

fucking this. if money is guaranteed to be paid to any business, they have no reason to ever lower their prices. the money is free, always. just keep making excuses and pie charts for growing expenses.

>>The plan would abolish many of the central elements of ObamaCare, including the mandate that everyone has coverage.
All I wanted to hear
Fuck obama forever for that penalty bullshit

Nice try Schlomo. You don't get to add your provisions for white genocide on page 666 anymore

The question is, how much worse is Rand Paul than Paul Ryan?

>people with pre-existing conditions would be protected if they continuously maintained coverage
That's literally worthless.

Please Trump adopt this Bill ASAP

ARE you ever not wearing that du rag?

>The plan would abolish many of the central elements of ObamaCare, including the mandate that everyone has coverage.
>including the mandate that everyone has coverage

Is there some malicious technical writing course out there that I missed when I was in college?

What should've been "including the mandate that everyone must buy/purchase/etc. coverage or face penalty" now becomes "including the mandate that everyone has coverage" which gives the impression that the plan is taking or forcing people off of the coverage (this of course falls in line with the "Make America Sick Again" narrative by the Democrats, and others).

The first is properly explained as what it is, and provides the reader with the full picture, the truth. The second is a sneaky misdirection of the full picture order to confirm the misunderstandings and misplaced beliefs of page skimming useful idiots. Of course it also gives the writer room to claim, "oh, well we meant that too" or something.

I bet a fucking Jew wrote this.

Man that actually makes way more sense. takes huge fucking shit mess off top and forces companies to compete thus lowering prices

youtube.com/watch?v=RDw1wKKBBUQ

>Is there some malicious technical writing course out there that I missed when I was in college?
No it means that you no longer get fined if you don't buy insurance, which was one of the things the ACA did

Why should I pay for your old mother spending the family money on her youth on that bigger house and car that "she just needed" and forgoing insurance?

>I should be able to buy fire insurance after my house burns down

Fuck off tyrant

t. someone with a preexisting condition

She must be a boomer too, that generation has fucked this nation long enough

>lose coverage
>can never get insurance again

So with Obamacare I could br on my father's insurance until I'm 26. Is that not a thing anymore?