Trump's hiring freeze already hurting some of his most loyal supporters: Veterans

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's temporary hiring freeze on federal jobs is disproportionately affecting a group of his most loyal supporters: veterans, who receive preference in federal hiring. Some already have had job interviews canceled or postponed, advocacy groups say.

The hiring freeze also applies to the Department of Veterans Affairs, something that deeply troubles veterans groups and lawmakers, who say the freeze complicates the provision of veterans services by an agency that is chronically understaffed.

Can't keep everyone happy m8.

>b-but we served out country so you have to let the country get fucked so we get something back
>I'm a patriot

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, snowflake.

Know what hurt more?
When the fucking government shut down under Obama.

dumb response from you

even dumber response from you

try again you two, this time attempt to engage what little gray matter you might possess

>Implying the basic fundamentals of utilitarianism are a poor argument.
Fuck off m8.

>When the fucking government shut down under Obama.

uh, genius, that was ted cruz's doing

>attempts to make a pseudo-intellectual point, but illiteracy gets in the way.

What you typed literally makes no sense. Go back to school, Sup Forumsflake

Nerd Virgin it's not his problem.
>Hire a bloated amount of federal employees who sit on their thumbs
>Have to freeze hiring in order to fix the fuck up.
Blame Obongo N.V.

to be honest most vets are life failures that only enlisted because there was no other option

source: i am a life failure that only enlisted because there was no other option

Can you not read? I mean, do you have some sort of disability?

The VA is UNDERSTAFFED. Trump could have easily carved out a hiring freeze exception there.

Boy you Sup Forumsflakes would probably defend Trump raping you and your sister and setting your parents on fire.

I'd say it was the doing of the party system, but whatever.
The point is Trump's "hiring freeze" is nothing compared to the entire government being shut down. And based on the logic of many leftists, if it happened to the government while this guy was president, it must be because of him!
Cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

>Trump could literally do X and Trumptards would still defend him

This desu.

>Boy you Sup Forumsflakes would probably defend Trump raping you and your sister and setting your parents on fire.
well...there are cirtain times when this is the correct thing to do.

Illiteracy has nothing to do with it. If you believed my argument was invalid, you would have refuted the argument itself, rather than attack my grammar.
My logic is this: If the idea of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" has no merit, why is utilitarianism an accepted outlook?

>And based on the logic of many leftists, if it happened to the government while this guy was president, it must be because of him!

That's a nice strawman....

Your problem is it was an

EXECUTIVE ORDER

That's a decree involving one person

Not a legislative maneuver.

You get an F

1) I didn't say whether it had merit or not.

2) Accepted by whom?

You can't even frame your question pertinently and meaningfully.

That comes of having taken 1 intro to Philo course at a middling school. Tell me I'm far off the mark

You are correct.
That's not my point.
You also served to highlight the fact that you either
A. Assume that he is doing this to further his own agenda, and disregards any consequences his actions may have, or
B. Believe the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many, which is inherently morally wrong.

Nice strawman, though.

You are quite far off the mark.
I was skipped ahead by the time that class was available to me.
I did take three years of debate, though.
And my debate teacher was a lefty.

Accepted by society. If it was an inherently immoral outlook, the idea wouldn't even be entertained.

Aww... It would appear OP abandoned the thread. Shame, I was enjoying myself.

More fake news

Man are you a shitbag. I had a great job when I joined. I was a department head at 26 making $28/hr. I joined, even though I thought Iraq was bullshit because I believed that the time for debate is past once your country goes to war. I was a military age, physically fit male. My GT score was 129. Rather than shit post on a Mongolian salmon farm fishing board for years I did what every man ought to do, I answered my country's call, and Deus Vulted across the Sand Lands killing hajji's for God and Country. Rather than shitpost, I put my money where my mouth is and backed my talk up. Fuck You. You're a vet, support yourself and those like you

The hiring freeze is in place so the federal government doesn't go wasting anymore money before we figure out what needs to be done. The VA is one
of the most fucked up organisations we have, we shouldn't be letting them go hire a bunch of retarded employees and wasting even more money before
we actually have a plan. Seriously, you liberals are fucking retarded. It's only been 6 days anyways, and if you fucks actually cared you wouldn't have
spent 8 years fucking the VA over or blocking trump's nominees

hahahahahahah fag

Fake news.

I work for one of the agencies that Trump said gets to hire a shitload of new employees thru executive order. Even with that our HR folks are still 'assessing' whether the hiring freeze will affect us and if so how. Almost nobody knows how exactly it will be implemented over the next few weeks/months, even agencies that will absolutely be exempt.

Why? He wants to fix the va by allowing them to get treated by regular physicians outside the VA. Why they fuck would you hire more public enployees when you are going to let private sector handle for problem.