Both of these are effective for moderate to severe pain

Both of these are effective for moderate to severe pain.

On the left, the drug is
>relatively non addictive, causing some psychological dependence but no significant physical dependence
>relatively non toxic, causing 0 overdose deaths
>federally illegal, in the most restrictive schedule of Drugs possible, it's near impossible to even do scientific research with this drug for medical purposes.

On the right the drug is
>Extremely addictive and quickly builds up tolerance and physical dependence that often leads to graduating to more potent drugs of the same family and injecting them. Horrible withdrawal symptoms that make quitting difficult.
>Kills 40,000 Americans a year from overdoses alone, not to mention all the ruined lives attributed to this drug family.
>Legal to prescribe nationwide, socially acceptable, advertisements for other drugs to treat opioid side effects during the superbowl.

What the fuck is up with these laws and why is this okay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A6c6eUeoa9Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin
erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin.shtml
erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine.shtml
erowid.org/pharms/oxycodone/oxycodone.shtml
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you talking about?
I can walk into a store and buy weed anywhere from $4-24 /gram

It's a little fucked. I'm not full blown ancap or anything but all drugs should be legal. Social Darwinism will sort everything else out with the abolishment of the welfare state.

Opioids are pretty much a protected class of drugs because of aspirin.
It's like smoking and beer.

Federally illegal, and Jeff Sessions will end that for you in a few months. So enjoy it while you can.

Because (((they))) are paying a shitton of money to keep it illegal.

The herbal jew is just a shill, weed should be legal.

>to severe pain.
... no weed doesnt work with severe pain .. not even close. Weed working for light pain is already more placebo than real.. using it on severe pain does nothing but piss you off even more.
Had my kneecap jump out and stayed home for the day while smoking .. didnt help for shit.

Yeah only the strong should survive fuck all those weak western cunts they don't even believe in Allah.

By making their medicines illegal and poisoning them we have already caused significant damage to the whites and jews.

Sucks you live in a shitty state that doesn't have legal weed yet. IMO both options should be legal and people should be able to decide which one they want for themselves

And they don't even believe their own people that tell them we are doing it.

Too funny they should be genocided like dogs.

>weed
>effective for severe pain

This is what drug addicts actually believe.

Keep Marijuana against the law we don't want them removing the inflamations we have given them from our poisoning and helping fix their tumors and cancers.

However we will send you a fuckload of Opium.

You will pay for what you did to our prophet Mohummad with your children's lives.

Aspirin has nothing to do with opioids. Aspirin is an NSAID, it's only effective for mild pain, some stronger NSAIDs are effective for mild to moderate, but none can touch severe pain.

Opioids are legal (and should be legal) because they're the most effective at dealing with severe pain and breakthrough pain, but the problem is they're really really bad at dealing with chronic pain. Opioids should be used for emergency, acute pain and post op pain for limited durations, or for hospice care where them getting addicted and OD'ing is the least of their worries.

They shouldn't be used for chronic pain though because they cause increased sensitivity to pain, tolerance, and dependence over long periods of use. You find people who started on 10mg of oxycodone and increase up to 200mg for the same relief. That's fucked. It should never get to that

I have to wonder if cannabis would be better for chronic moderate to severe pain. Just because it's not going to kill them or make them addicted to it.

Weed works for chronic pain. Ever had phoenix tears? no just skunk trash weed. Smoking is a joke it comes on fast and leaves slow. pheonix tears last a solid 3-4 hours with effects up to 6-8. Amazing medicine.

ayyyyy but you can't patent the one on the left!!!!!!!!

Inshallah brother we will wipe the kuffar off the face of the earth ALLAHU ACKBAR

depends on the type of pain. If it's inflammatory pain it's better than NSAIDs, 20x the antiinflammatory capability of aspirin and 2x the capability of injected cortisone.

Oxycontin has a much better high
It's very easy to get here too
Life's gud

YOU CANNOT PATENT WEED

YOU CANNOT PATENT WEED

YOU CANNOT PATENT WEED

SMOKE WEED GENTLEMEN

FUCK PILLS

youtube.com/watch?v=A6c6eUeoa9Q

How does it feel to be a Heroin Junkie and call Pot Smokers Degenerate ?

>potheads actually believe weed is effective for severe pain
>potheads actually believe oxy would be prescribed for anything other than severe pain

Kys tbqh family

What, you thought weed would magically make your kneecap pop into place?
You smoke after you get back from the doctor dipshit.

gotta watch your big bros and learn to shitpost better

wut how do

pls respond

You have no Idea who you are fucking with buddy.

>oxy
>heroine

Fucking retard. You smoked yourself stupid.

>people have been using marijuana and opium for about the same amount of time.
>not even ancient poos were dumb enough to think marijuana treats severe pain

how many people take oxy? you think they are all on "severe pain"? I bet most of them don't even have any physical pain at all

pharma makes good money off of the people. too ezy OP, too ezy

Edrogen cannot have children because he had his testicles smashed therefore he cannot be Sultan.

>Enjoy the turkish civil war that is incoming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin
>its a different colour and a different name they are totally not the same chemical molecule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fake kidney pain / migraines
get prescriped something (they start with paracetamol) and tell em its not working
they'll suggest opiates and act ignorant about them, ask them what codeine does etc
shop around for crooked docs

>actually believing pot is not addictive...the autism intensifies.

>Oxycodone is a semisynthetic opioid synthesized from thebaine, an opioid alkaloid found in the Persian poppy, and one of the many alkaloids found in the opium poppy

Stop being delusional weedckuck.

You also get tolerance to weed, its also addictive (not physically as much as mentally), also if weed does not lead you into graduating to more potent drugs, why the fuck would painkillers.

I hope someday you get some serious pain issues and then good luck trying to smoke them away you retard.

Yeah but we should take heroin instead right ?

it is addictive, but it's mild as fuck

for example, I literally smoked an ounce of weed from december 24 to january 22 of this year

I haven't smoked in 5 days, functioning normally

Codeine is over the counter medicine if your not fully sus.

Because if eating shit cured anything, no one would do it. If smoking pot killed you, all the potheads would still do it.

People who praise pot just want to smoke pot, and all those unscientific studies claiming pot can do anything are bullshit so far.

If you want to smoke pot that's fine, but don't criticize actual medication too quickly, it could save your life one day.

Oxy and heroine are still not the same retards. Of course opioids are similar because they come from the opioid family but they aren't the same you stupid weed fucks. Go light up your bong you useless trash.

Oxy addiction often starts with taking it for severe pain (back injury, shoulder injury, some cancers). And of course the people who start taking it for no reason at all.

What i refer to is the OPs claim that oxy is prescribed for modereate pain. Doctors are aware of the risk of addiction with opiates and don't just give them to anybody.

I can buy a packet of 64 tablets of codeine for 5 AUD

I have both Heroin and Codeine

I cannot tell the difference mate.

It's not over the counter here, tho pharmacists give it away like fliers

tolerance to weed exists, as with anything; just keep smoking :)

>also if weed does not lead you into graduating to more potent drugs, why the fuck would painkillers.

I've smoked weed heavily off and on for more than a decade. I've never done heroin, pain pills or anything like that; I don't want to

meanwhile, painkillers ARE more potent drugs. tens of thousands of people DIE from opioid overdoes every fucking year

weed helps you discover the world; sages have been smoking weed for thousands of years; hindu monks smoke weed to this day.

you forgot this for the left part:

>long-term consumption reduces blood flow to the brain
>negatively affects processing of emotions
>no scientifically proven medical or health benefits
>impairs driving

Ah ok ty for info.

>heroine
>codeine
>can't tell the difference

Kek

no, not the same but they are closely related

weed is not

You can patent strains of weed

see

I meant to write Oxy but take a typo as your arguement and roll with it buddy.

>You are doing great.

To your brain Oxycodone and Heroin are the exact same thing. They have cross tolerance and either one or the other will satiate withdrawal symptoms if you get addicted to one of them.

Every Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Fentanyl, and Morphine addict is also a Heroin addict, even if they've never bought illicit Heroin.

anyone else love the massive euphoria from smoking weed after popping opiates? so much happiness

No i poped it back myself (3 time now i am used to it) but i though it would help with the pain... it didnt :|
Woah you just reminded me that this is a thing.
I made some myself years ago with eveclear was pretty nice a couple of drops in a tea.

You literally can't get codeine here
Only time I was able to get some was when I went to my doctor after a persistent chest cold that lasted a month

You can't even get sudafed here without and rx

>muh emotions

learning to deal with your emotions is part of the point of weed

>>no scientifically proven medical or health benefits

wrong

This.

I smoked 1/4 ounce in a week, and before that I was smoking daily.

I cut cold turkey and only really took 1 1/2 weeks to get back to normal, without any cravings for it.

The only thing was that I had a very hard time getting to sleep.

it took you a month to smoke an ounce? fucking amateur

We can literally go in and say "Give me the best value box the cheapest one at highest dosage" and they give you the "no name chemist brand"

>not joking or trolling its vulgar how easy it is.

most strains are "open source". you could probably patent a strain if you wanted to, but there would be little point to it. very few people shop for unique strains when they smoke anyway

>I have both Heroin and Codeine
>I cannot tell the difference mate.

Australian intellectuals.

Let me explain the difference to you mate. Much like your cock and my cock, one is taken orally and one of them isn't.

Oxycodone requires a prescription. It is indeed addictive, but not much compared to other painkillers. Don't know why you think marijuana is so much less addictive. Avoid both of them if possible.

far out projecting your homo fetishes much?

>I synthesize it you morose bastard.

I have a chronic pain condition. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Bone Spurs (caused from the RA literally destroying my joints)

I've been on Hydrocodone for years. It used to be 5mg was enough. Then 10mg.

Now I'm up to 30mg.

I used to smoke weed but, job tested for it. so I quit (with 0 withdrawal btw) years ago. Weed was effective at preventing flareups for months at a time. Hydrocodone doesn't prevent flareups at all. Methotrexate helps some, but not enough on its own, I'm immune to both Humira and Enbrel so far. We're just going through the list of biologics at the moment but I seem to develop antibodies to them after 3-4 doses.

Addicts are an absolute menace
They need to meet Duterte

I wasn't racing nigger

He is a good business partner.

>I love how cute and naive you plebs are.

By the way the Bush Family sell the best Heroin in the USA.

Shout Out to the US military.

Not to be too negative, but you sound like a retard.

see They react the same way in the brain. Your body cannot distinguish one from the other. They produce the same effects, and the same tolerance and addiction. They both kill exactly the same way.

So jalapeƱos cure pain? Or do I need glasses for my glaucoma?

That is just because you are too dumb to understand him.

erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin.shtml

erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine.shtml

erowid.org/pharms/oxycodone/oxycodone.shtml

>weed doesn't kill anyone....

>people don't kill people guns kill people.

So does eating other human's brains.

Don't worry though you don't believe in any of it it is all just a conspiracy.

That's like saying ethanol and propanol are the same thing or amphetamine and methylamphetamine are the same thing. Heroine is closer to hydrocodone interestingly enough.

Opiates are far more effective for pain relief.
Every drug should be legal though.

>people being killed to support "dude weed lamo!
>makes shitty strawman.
The Emu's need to take computers away.

>You can't even get sudafed here without and rx

Not quite true you CAN get pseudoephedrine over the counter, literally, you just have to ask the pharmacist for it. It doesn't require a prescription but they do track your purchases of it and you're limited to a certain amount in a period of time (to prevent people buying it to make Meth).

It's annoying but I don't get congestion enough for the limit to really impact me. a box of sudafed will last me 2-3 months even during hayfever season.

But as far as Codeine goes, correct, it's not OTC in the US it's a schedule II drug (same as all other opioids), and really, they never prescribe it for pain, basically a doctor figures, if you're in enough pain for opioids, they just start you on Oxycodone or Hydrocodone 5mg, usually in combination with tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol whatever it's called in your region. The most common use of codeine in the US is for coughs that won't let up even with Dextromethorphan. I had codeine cough syrup when I had pneumonia once. It was marginally better than DXM for suppressing the cough... but even that use is relatively uncommon.

drug use by any method other than oral ingestion is completely degenerate.

>snorting
>smoking
>injecting

all of you are disgusting and doing long term damage to your body that you will not be able to hide.

Duterte is an Opioid addict.

>he doesn't realise that if weed were legal the cartel's would no longer make money nor have a reason to kill

that is a Chainsaw not a Bong.

>also you support keeping it illegal which directly funds cartel and black market operations.

Who is more at fault here?

The person arguing for the Government to Tax it or The person saying Keep it illegal.

>Oh you want to take away my computer now? Good To Know where you stand on this issue about freedom.

More so that he said that the compounds are exactly the same thing to your brain. Enantiomers can have different and sometimes drastic effects in your body and they're even more similar than a class of compounds. Thalidomide is a good example of how similar compounds can be different.

Those "different and drastic effects" all fall under the Chemical's Action Sequence and if you continued Reading and Studying you would know the effects drugs have based on the Vectors The patient already has.

So to say "Drugs effect everyone differently" is a cop out because it is based more on the person and less on the Drug.

Lifestyle
Eating Habits
weight
Height
Density
Predisposed
Preexisting conditions
et al
ect

If your doctor or your USER does not know how to use the drugs we should let Darwanism take its course.

So basically what you're saying is drugs effect everyone differently?

No you idiot Theres a Standard.

The people that get affected differently are the outliers and the reasons for the side effects are usually something preventable like they are DUMB.

>Woops missed a dose better double dose!

Both drugs should be legal for both medicinal and recreational use, although we should have harsher sentences for degenerate junkies who commit crimes to feed their oxy addiction.

>heroin
>heroine
Fucking retard, you've shot yourself up stupid

One is more toxic than the other and they can have bioavailibility differences but functionally those comparisons are valid as far as your brain is concerned.

In Opioids cases it's a little more true though because most opioids convert to morphine when they cross the blood brain barrier, the differences in bioavailability/potency arise from the fact that Morphine is quickly eliminated/metabolized before it reaches the brain if you just use pure morphine, so synthetic opioids are more potent.

Oxycodone, Hydrocodone and Heroin are all very close in potency actually. Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) is 2x as potent as an equivalent dose of Morphine taken orally, and Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are each 1.5x as potent as the same dose of morphine, approximately. That's because while Morphine taken orally only has 25% bioavailability (quickly metabolized), oral Diacetylmorphine (heroin) had about 50% bioavailability, and Hydrocodone and Oxycodone have over 80% bioavailability (and injected Diacetylmorphine (heroin) has 100% bioavailability, which is why Oxycodone and Hydrocodone are usually taken orally as pills, and morphine and heroin are usually injected)

But once they reach the brain... they are all morphine.

So, basically, let me get this straight real quick, you're trying to tell me that, what you're saying right now, is that drugs effect everyone differently?

My favourite one is "I don't need to listen to my doctor or anyone I know best what does he know he doesn't know me like i know me he isn't true blue like me!"

>dead a week later.

Because opiods can take you to another reality whereas weed just makes you tired and hungry. You tell me which one is better user.

>taking painkillers
you're weak and deserve to be bred out

kek'd. the heroine saves the day.

No what I am saying is there are effects of drugs then there are people that misuse them.

That is no fault of the Drug sir.

That is the fault of people refusing to listen to other people and only taking the parts they want to hear and constantly reiterating their viewpoint no matter how incorrect in a multiude of different ways.

>inb4 you ask the same fucking thing again.

... no.... not really

I take my pills, about half an hour later I feel a little bit more social and chatty and relaxed and happy, that lasts about 2 hours, then I just want to go to bed and sleep.

Weed, I could stay social and functional all day