Why didn't anyone tell us that by like 19 - 21 you haven't figured out what you want to do...

Why didn't anyone tell us that by like 19 - 21 you haven't figured out what you want to do, you're going to be in deep deep shit? Like many of you I completely wasted half my 20's. I went to 2 different colleges and switched majors a few times. I didn't graduate. Now I just work shit jobs and am miserable, all because I was never planning ahead. When I was in my early 20's I thought I was still young, nobody told me that was the time to start grinding and making serious decisions. I should have joined the air force or something. Now I am in deep deep shit. I am 26, no college education, I make $9/hour I cannot even come close to making enough to move out of moms house. I have zero friends, I have no gf (ever), I have no life at all outside of work. I am completely stuck and have no clue what to do.

Stop voting for communism and get a job in an actual field where you can learn things. (((degrees))) are a scam, you learn much more in practice. You can always start for yourself or study in your own time to work on projects to prove you are capable of doing something.

You kind of fucked yourself by quitting multiple studies though, since it means you can't handle stress, you don't follow through and you're not smart enough to do complicated work.

time to go to trade school mate, go become a high voltage electrician in canadia, college is a meme

You're a fucking idiot. Should have finished at least one of your college programs. Im 26 and i make 60k a year. Only went to college for 2.5 years.

If the best you can do is $9/hr (with or without college) you are hopeless. Sorry to break it to you, but you are simply stupid and useless. Might as well kill yourself, faggot.

You sound mad. Are you a shut-in NEET leafposting?

The important thing is you now make blogposts on Sup Forums. Keep reaching for that rainbow!

OP already was told what he needed to hear in the first couple posts, but they were too nice about it. Thread was basically already over. The only thing missing was someone telling op to kill himself

I have no college and making $12/hour, but people here usually make $4/hour.
I don't complain

You need to finish college. Do not get a useless degree. Trust me, it is your only way out. You can be good by 30.

Doesn't matter if you start late. Most people are never free they are spiritually kids even in their deathbed. Being able to grasp reality and gaining spiritual wisdom is the most important thing in your life. If you follow the stupid masses you are doing it wrong.

>he doesn't know what he wants to do

What the fuck is your problem? Go sell drugs or something, I thought in Canada nobody cares about drug dealers, police is too busy being gay

If you're too dumb to start your own business and say fuck the system, you should really just sit the garage with your car on

24, dropped out of college and ended up with a $22/hr paper pushing job
>job got cut though now I'm fucked
I'm going to go work for the federal government probably, you could too if you speak french and can get a security clearance

God you guys are fags. 24 making $75k doing consulting, live on my own in america's capital. Alot of the times I think I'm behind, but then I see shit like this and realize I'm so much better than 90% of my generation.

Bro get an apprenticeship as an electrician. After 4 years you will be making 45 an hour and be a respectable member of society.

Just journeyed out last year and bought my own house.

I too had no friends before starting and now I have several good red pilled guys as friends.

Seriously think about it bro. Plus I now have no problem getting high quality pussy.

Look for jobs in the Airline industry as a ramp agent. I know here they start pay at about $11-13 an hour and end up topping out at about $30-35 am hour after I think 10 years. Plus I believe those jobs are unionized and require no prior experience, you will get hired right out of high school.

>and you're not smart enough to do complicated work.
No need to discourage OP

It doesn't have anything to do with smartness but everything to do with laziness

lel how the fuck are you only making $9 an hour? Delivery drivers are making like $13 here in fucking Winnipeg of all places

don't worry, your mom will kick you out sooner or later and you will grow some hair down there.

fucking milenials

Join the airforce now you faggit. Its really not too late.

Leave Canada before Weedman accidentally the entire economy.

>Why didn't anyone tell us that by like 19 - 21 you haven't figured out what you want to do, you're going to be in deep deep shit?
This is literally what everyone told you your entire life. You just kept telling yourself that you were "still young" and had time to put it off. Now that you have figured it out there is still time. Dont pivot from "theres still time ill do it later" to "time ran out, might as well give up"
You dont want to be 36 and wishing you had started today.

What are you good at? There has to be at least one thing you're good at that can be developed into a sustaining job/career. Like another guy in here said, you can get jobs that don't even require experience. Find something that sounds interesting and doesn't totally suck, then just go do it. Do you play an instrument? Do any kind of art or anything creative?

Mfw I'm 23 and live innawoods because i dropped out of high school and worked construction until I started getting paid 22$ an hour by 19 saved up enough money to get 13acres of land and now live off my land.

don't come here ever again. /pol is bad influence. If you can't do that, get a job as a right wing journalist/political analyst/whatever. If you are passionate about social or political issues make money of it.

It's alright OP, I think a lot of us thought we had more time. I know quite a few people that dug themselves into a hole and are stuck working shit jobs like you and me.

>mfw I got a DUI when i was 19 after having a single glass of wine with dinner (0.011 at 220 pounds).
>when i showed up for court but they told me that my name wasn't mentioned in the proceedings for that day
> i talk to everyone there and they tell me to go home
> i spend a year with my license suspended, go to mothers against drunk driving, attend expensive rehabilitation clinic classes
>mfw two years later I get a summons in the mail for my court date and get charged with the dui
>THE COURT RULES THAT MY LICENSE BE SUSPENDED AGAIN FOR A YEAR AND THAT I REPEAT EVERYTHING

I live in the middle of the woods and have to walk three miles along steep mountain roads to get into town. I'm almost 24 and I haven't driven since I was 19. I don't know a single other person in the united states that has lost their license for four years for a single glass of wine, and it also cost me the only stable work i could get doing construction.

Fuck dude making 17hr and 22yr as a maintenance technician in a building and I feel left behind as well op I feel you.

Move to a big city and get into the restaurant industry. It's not glamorous work but it will pay the bills. I knew a General Manager at The Keg that started as a dishwasher and worked all the way up. It took him a long time but now he's comfy as fuck. Best advice I can give is try to get in with a larger restaurant corporation (The Keg, Sir Corp, Cara, Cactus Club/Earls) as a busser and move up. I'm a waiter in Toronto and I clear $1000 a week after taxes easy, sometimes up to $1600 depending on how busy it is. I'm also a high school dropout. There's lots of ways to make good money, you just have to be serious about finding them.

Is it worth getting a degree in Computer Science if it's free, Sup Forums?

your life is still salvageable don't worry
But you have start now. Don't bother with college they give your lazy directionless ass too much freedom.

are you female?

No, male, 30 years old. Women can make a lot more money in this industry though, especially if they're young and good-looking. Bottle service girls working in high end clubs can make what I make in a week in one night.

im a drunk and drug addled forklift operator. im 25. it pays between 15-20$hr. gonna try n do something else soon.

maybe get a heavy machine operator ticket. drive a backhoe or steam roller or something
make 30$hr n continue being a degenerate racist

goddamn these whores.

Let's be honest you are never going to start a family so you don't need much money

only do it of you enjoy it

I actually don't blame them. It's an effect of the fact that it's 90%+ men that spend money on bottle service. Any female patrons of bottle service are usually with guys that are paying or wriggled their way in to mooch free drinks. If it were reversed and women were the main bottle service patrons, I would hit the gym, get ripped and start working in clubs.

>live on my own in america's capital
*smacks lips*

This i went for welding and after 1 year out of highschool i was making 25/hr

I think I'd be many times happier doing work like that, instead of meaningless clerical work in an office environment filled with women. Can I just walk into a union office and start there?

now that you say it living in a world ruled by women could be quite comfy I think. I'm fine with being a lazy bitching fucktoy t.bh. Too bad we have hard times ahead. Men always take the lead in hard times

I was homeless for the majority of my "best years" and survival was more imperative than what career I wanted to do. Now I'm in my mid 30s without a GED and too old to start from the absolute bottom without facing a fair share of age bias/discrimination.

Come move down south and you can work at Walmart along with me for the rest of your life.

>i make 60k a year. Only went to college for 2.5 years.

Damn it, this is only possible in Anglosaxon countries. In continental Europe you need a master's degree (so at least 4-5 years of college) to have a decent wage. And most people even do an extra master's degree so they end up studying for 6 years. Then you start working and earn 25k euros net per year. Sucks

there bigger things in life than having a career t.bh

you need to start eating your own cum, it has mental and chromosomal health benefits that will make you be able to handle adult-life responsabilities like never before

like going to a psytrance rave and realizing the meaning of life is you are smarter than eveyrbody else?

you can still join the airforce bucko

Nobody told you because your parents generation made even worse decisions during their 20s and didn't suffer any consequences.

I was in your exact position. Here's two pieces of advice:

1. Study, get a qualification in something, anything. It will open doors. There's a huge deficit of people with skills in digital. If you're an autist learn PHP yourself or Java. If you're creative master photoshop. All can be learned for free.

2. Any low wage dead end job can be done somewhere else for more money. If you're waiting tables go do it at an expensive seaside restaurant, if you're a clerk go be a clerk on a cruise ship. Many international jobs include accommodation. Go teach English in Korea. Don't stay in your comfort zone.

Also don't be so hard on yourself. Many people who get degrees as 22 and go to work shortly after are functionally zombies by the time they hit their mid 40s. Use your freedom to travel, you will never regret it.

To any of you that are feeling out of options if you have access to a car and a UPS is in your area I recommend working for them to get your life together.

It's manual labor at first but they pay over min wage and you get health insurance benefits + $2500 a semester for college if you want.

After about a year if you've not decided to go the supervisor -> degree -> management route you can apply to be a driver and get $30 an hour just delivering like 250 packages 5 days a week.

It's not a bad gig and they helped me finish my degree, if you're not retarded they'll notice you're not the usual scum of the earth that comes in to get hired there and you get promoted fast.

This isn't the only company that you can do this with, stop dwelling on your shitty life and do something about it. It never gets better if you don't try, trust me

Start a simple small business, e.g. landscaping, drywalling, officd cleaning.

$9?

move to ontario for that there 11.40 buddo

>moms house
So raised by a single mom. Gee i wonder why this guy flitted from program to program never finishing shit or thinking ahead? Because that's what women do. Bad news son, you ain't gonna get bailed out by selling your pussy to the richest person who'll take you like they can. You're fucked.

How to get said apprenticeship, fellow fambro. Pls help.

Tbh, I want the job where I get to climb the huge electrical towers. How do I score something like that?

Yes absolutely

d..do you get shocked a lot

This. If all it took was brains to be successful we wouldn't have so many idiots with power.

This desu. Maturity is important.

>ywn be anything more than a wageslave
>Even if you rise to the very top of your profession, you will probably top out at 140k max, alot of which will be stolen by the government
>If you invest cautiously for years, you MIGHT be financially free by 40, if you don't have a family
>You will have money, but nothing to live for
>ywn make a good living while pursuing your passion and living your dream
>ywn be a music god worshipped by millions of adoring fans
>ywn be a 25 year old tech mogul
>ywn be a brilliant wall street trader
>ywn be a charismatic political leader working to turn your nation around
>You wasted your youth by not developing a marketable skill
>You could have spent 10,000 practising a sport and gone pro
>Instead you spent 10,000 hours playing WoW and fapping
>you will probably live and die in your home town at some shit job
>One shot at life in this vast, incredible universe and you will spend it as a piece of shit wageslave

Honestly just kill me.

Holy fuck you nailed the JUST look perfectly. I feel for you though user, I have no doubt your soul has been ground to dust, set on fire and stomped on.

I'm 26 and working an 11/hr job. Never even had one that paid more than that and still live with my mom. It's been hitting really hard that my life is basically over. I can't overcome the time I've wasted or my mental illness. Playing catchup against younger, smarter and better looking kids with fresh college education? Yeah I'm fucked. The best we can hope for now is that we don't fuck up our suicides.

>1 post by this ID

>climb the huge electrical towers
wew lad, you literally die if any part of your body touches the wire at the top. But I'm sure it pays well. From what I've heard of an actual person talk in detail of this exact profession to me directly, there are 2 main things these pylons need:
1. someone to re-wire them, because the wires sag with age or when snow piles up
2. some sort of paint-like coating every couple of years

and the re-wiring is much more dangerous than the painting. A pylon only needs these types of maintenence once every couple of years, but since there are such few people in the profession, there is never a shortage of work. Sadly, you need a connection to get this job. Someone needs to teach you. They're done by freelance electricians.

This whole thread is shocking.

> immigrate to US legally after HS
> no degree, nothing, heavy accent
> work min wage job at walgreens
> do graveyard shift for that extra 1$/hour

"Shit, this sucks, I gotta level up somehow"

> Advance into working helpdesk
> get into community college
> CC is a breeze because eastern european HS > CC
> get internship doing programming

5 years later

> 101k/year, health benefits, no debt because just did CC, no mortgage
> loving eastern european wife
> become sort of digital nomad, travel to a few countries while being remote programmer and earning USD
> work out 5 days a week, actually getting /fit/
> be 29 in May

So anons, what's stopping you? Whatever you do, it'll take years, but as long as you got a plan, grind it out, there's really no way you can fail short of medical emergency/popping a kid/natural disaster.

Also, disregard flag, currently traveling through germany.

This hurts so fucking much user, my life in a nutshell. I think after my dog dies I'm going to grab any cash I can and just live out the rest of my life as a hobo until the last spark of life leaves my eyes and I am hero.

I'm writing novel to pass the time while I live with my parents and not get a job in this shithole country. By the end of the year I'll be rich I bet.

When have things ever been any different? My grandfather started his own farm when he was 16. There has never been a time where you can just figure something out when you're 25.

You can apprentice for power companies in canada, they're desperate for people, they will pay for your education and you start at like $40/hr or so which isn't bad for Canadia.

Failing that teach yourself basic developer skills. Learn how the Chrome Developer Tools work in the browser. Get the books "You don't know JS" and read them. Read the book "The Tangled Web" about Browser security. Get a book on Linux.

If you know that you can do easy at home tech support bullshit for $70k/year. Hell even Shopify in Canada pays like $20/hr for home tech support not even needing to know all of the above.

Yet everyone around you keeps repeating "oh you're only 20 something? You have plenty of time left!" Thanks for that advice fucking asshole normies

get involved in the brewing business like I did. People will always want to drink booze. the business is steady. Go see if Molson, Labatt, or Anheuser Busch have breweries in your province and apply for a job. Or learn to make your own and start your own private business.

The UPS guys here (Vancouver) all work insane amounts of overtime and typically clear $120k/year in salary but it's like 12-14hrs Monday to Friday. Just need to put in the seniority the pajeet who drives me boxes is like 33 or so

>60k
>in Canada dollars

What is it that, like 35k American? Lmao leaf.

Could be worse. At least you've got over a decade with the same job, so you got a modest amount of wage increases per year with PTO.

We've got a new 50-something on CAP2 now who's been in and out of jobs his whole life. Makes $9/hr with a fairly physically demanding job. Will likely never retire because he has no savings.

This is me, but I dropped out of high school at 17. I play life on easy mode though, so I don't have to worry too much about being taken care of.

I have never been told that in my entire life. Only when I was like 17.

Salaries here are shit

I work remotely for an IBM aquired startup, they pay me $100k/USD a year which works out to $119k/CAD a year or so. Absolutely nobody in Canada makes that much as a developer unless you're a senior dev working for some government crown corporation

Jesus christ why don't you fucking assholes stop complaining on a fucking Japanese cartoon trap meme website and go fucking learn something useful. I didn't even go to college, got popped selling drugs in high school and I pull $150k at 30.

Pro tip: Making money is simply achieved by having a skill that most people don't

The Air Force is accepting recruits up to age 37 now I believe. Used to be 27 I believe

Do you work the shaft?

1-7 years Lego and toys. 7-12 still some toys and early shit internet with bunch of games on CD's. 12-16 alcohol, weed, doing shit in school, red pills online. 16-18 grind school like a motherfucker, going to gym, healthy food, Sup Forums n sheit, reading books. 18- Onwards studying medicine to become a medfag. You should have partitioned your shit accordingly. I did stupid shit and fun shit now I am doing serious shit. I didn't miss out on anything and currently have no regrets.

>22
>white male
>no job experience
>aniexty/autism (cant get bux)
>intlet
>raised by single mother

SEND HELP

I make the same with a high school diploma.

feels good man

Boss just told me with Trumps tax cuts to expect a minimum 3.5% raise every 6 months. FUCK YEAH

they told me I was going to be in deep shit but I wasted my time anyways. And I'm still not sure that was the wrong decision. Yeah, my life sucks now, working a shit job. But practicing and learning practical things also sucks and is horrible. And I can't even imagine having a realistic career that isn't miserable. I would have more money, which would be nice, but I'm not sure it would be worth the extra effort

There are plenty of trades and other types of businesses that are so desperate they'll pay you to let them train/educate you to do the job they're hiring you for. Also, look for ways to make money off of things you already do. For example, if you play video games, stream or record it to post online.

This is the reason why most of the world has batshit crazy wars every few hundreds of years.

that's beginner shit

how did u immigrate legally to the US as an eastern european after highschool?

shouldnt be possible.

Hard to say, my friend "found himself" at the age of 25, started really digging into programming and applied to a job in a local game company. H's a fucking walking success now. Degrees are total crap, they'll get you nowhere, people are looking at your skills first or how weathy you are to scam you later. Same with me, dropped out of college at the age of 18, got into art, now i'm 22 and draw for a huge buck, nothing stresses out my mind or body, living the dream literally. So my advice for you to get into something that requiers creative thinking, can be hard but it's a win/win in a long run if you're not a complete idiot and are willing to learn.

pretty much this, i went back to school at 24, best decision of my life

60k is literally 40k after all deductions (federal taxes, provincial taxes, Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, Ontario Health Premium, etc) + the government withholds more than your taxes then invests that and earns interest on it without paying that to you.

So 40k = 30k USD after take home, and that's about $625/week

And 60K canadian is considered a god-like wage lol

THIS

WHERE DO WE START? HELP

Because it's not anyone else's job to figure out your life

I've learned that I have no life once I step through the automatic doors and am property of a multinational coporation that gets around $100k if I die working there. I make nearly $15/hr, but after taxes and working 5-7 hours for free since I have no other employment options in life.

>So anons, what's stopping you? Whatever you do, it'll take years, but as long as you got a plan, grind it out.
No career goals/dreams and a (dimishing) high-time preference. I'm not that smart so I'm not going to gamble with taxpayer money.

This so much is certain.

With the choice of a payout or a raise coming, I'll have to choose the former. At this point I'm stuck with this wage until my casket closes or these payouts are reworked again. I have no savings so I'm in the same boat as the guy in your post

>tfw 230 hours of PTO because I can't get amy time off approved

Buy a horse

Waterloo CS grad here

Can confirm, max salary for programmers is 100k CAD and that's with 20 years for a gov

I don't even bother with coding jobs or working with anything coding related in Canada, it's a waste of time. Besides the salaries, the talent is generally shit, Canadian programmers are fucking morons. All the good coders immediately BTFO to Silicon Valley for 150-250k+ wages or become millionaires at random startups

Lol join the army

You don't want that. Aside from obvious stuff like falling or being electrocuted, most people don't report on the fact that cell towers give off powerful waves that can give you a light sunburn at best, and a severe cooking if you get a face full of it for too long. Hope you like having your balls cooked and sterile after a year.

Despite popular belief, the army doesn't take everyone.

Same thing with weather radar stations except IT WILL kill you. Hence their design.