How Can the Prison-Suicide Problem Be Fixed?

So for those of you who are living in your little bubble of memes and Trump you must realize there are other problems out there besides muh wall. In Canada there is an influx of prison suicides and this is way more serious than a fucking wall. Human life has infinite value so even to save one human is more valuable than the wall.

You have to understand that Canada does everything it can to prevent suicides. Some have suggested just having prisons a giant strap-in chair where your arms are tied down and you are fed by a guard 3 times a day who comes into your cell. However the Supreme Court would strike that down. So I ask Sup Forums how would prison suicides be stopped?

>pic related is the anti-suicide chair

Other urls found in this thread:

ojjpac.org/memorial.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=7JATJv8HlV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Some have suggested just having prisons a giant strap-in chair where your arms are tied down and you are fed by a guard 3 times a day who comes into your cell.
fucking hell what is this guantanamo bay?

Yeah, it's not like untold numbers of Americans have been killed by illegals or anything.

Step 1: don't do anything that would send you to prison
Step 2: suicide

Then it's just normal suicide, prison suicide rates go down, problem solved.

Regardless of what you say about GITMO they have done an excellent job at stopping suicides. They care more about their prisoners than any Turkish prison

>Ameircans killed by illegals
sure

stop sending people to prison for nonviolent victimless crimes.

The problem lies from both usury, and the CIA. Both different, but related to the issue.

That creates a bigger problem tho.

That won't stop the violent prisoners from committing suicide

I'm interested, explain

>Prison suicide

Seems to be a problem that fixes itself.

On the contrary, I think every prisoners cell should be outfitted with a length of rope and a sturdy iron bar to attach it to.

because they keep you ion a 1meter x 1meter cage where your hands and legs are tied and you're blackbagged

Is there a plastic bag on that persons head?

I guess that would solve the suicide problem.

yeah how is criminals killing themselves a problem. It sounds like a solution

Sounds like the problem fixes itself. If you didn't coddle heroin junkies, then force them to be sober, it might help. FREE SMACK IN CANADIAN JAILS!

i would strain so hard on those straps i would eventually become strong enough to break them or i would die from the strain on my body

at that point i mean what else is there to really do other than chill but ur in prison so nothing really matters

Because in Canada we value human life

That is disgusting you have no value for human life

Actually no, they have you in a heavilty monitored cell only if you are a threat to yourself do they die you up

No, that's an anti-spit cloak so she can't spit at the gaurds.

You have no value for human life, something that has infinite value

Doesn't work that way.

its simple leaf broken homes make broken people
degenerate leftist break apart the family so the solution is to introduce the family unit again this can be done by ending the feminists meme and by replying to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

>human life has infinite value
Lol are you serious? Most human lives have zero or negative value. They only consume resources and contribute very little.

what?

ojjpac.org/memorial.asp
2/10 made me reply

Why stop prison suicide at all? Criminals take care of themselves and stop being a burden, it's a win-win

Executions

We have value for human life

Why should I care about this?
They're in prison. If they want to off themselves because they're serving life sentences, go ahead.

Because we value human life

Not everyone is equal and criminals certainly don't deserve sympathy or pity.

Human life has infinite value regardless of circumstance.

You have to fix the entire justice system. It's broken in many western countries.

>A 2008 New York Times article,[44] said that "it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy. Indeed, the mere number of sentences imposed here would not place the United States at the top of the incarceration lists. If lists were compiled based on annual admissions to prison per capita, several European countries would outpace the United States. But American prison stays are much longer, so the total incarceration rate is higher."

Crazy.

>We have value for human life
Human life has no value.

Make suicide illegal, you'll also need to pin up some suicide free zone signs to make sure people understand if they commit suicide, they will prosecuted.

Why would anyone be suicidal if both in prison and in Canada? Wait till OP learns what Nunavut is.

>we
do you really think your capable of speaking for every canadian?!?!? who do you think you are to say what canadians feel or think about things@!? way to let your own self entitlement and privilege show dickwadbag you dont speak for minorities in canadia think about that next time you decide to speak on behalf of all canadias!11!!

That's a thorough delusion that will ruin your life. While human life is certainly precious, you can't be naive and force a moralist solution on a large pool of population because nature itself isn't equal, so the preciousness of life amongst human isn't either.

You dont get to choose for someone else if they want to die or not. Unless you are purposedly torturing him and dont want him to escape from it.

there is no scientific or economic consensus that life is important. The value of your life is directly proportionate to your net worth and contribution to the development of the race as a whole. Criminals are a detriment to the progress of man and are inherently of negative value. The elimination of criminals is a net win for humanity.

Dude prison sentence aren't long. Carla Holmoka served 3 years for child rape and murder

They are already doing that, the problem is criminals aren't following the law

wrong

Chemical imbalance

I'm for assisted suicide programs so that's what we should do

Life is not special. Any two retards fucking can make a baby. It's what the person does with their life and anyone in prison has already written themselves off and their life no longer haa meaning. There are 7 billion others to choose from.

>human life has infinite value
No it doesn't, it has zero value outside a environment that can support human life. If people believe they are suffering bad enough to kill themselves let them, only thing it does is make other people suffer around them. But guess what they die to.

Any Canadian without mental health issue who knows about this knows it's a problem

But prison gaurds can enforce this

WRONG. Those who work to prevent suicide are the most moral and empathetic people, it's a conservative positions

Wrong. Read the bible, human life has infinite value.

>served 3 years for child rape and murder

Should have been executed.

>Because in Canada we value human life

and at some point we're going to have to acknowledge that putting that sentiment above other priorities is a stupid mistake and gets everyone nowhere but behind.

If someone doesn't value their own life enough to continue living it, it's cruelty to force them to, and just barbaric to have the rest of the country pay for their continued existence via taxes

Nobody can feed their family or pay their bills with good feelings, so we need to stop focusing on them.

>Human life has infinite value
No it doesn't the only value of a human is what they have achieve

thats fucking torture asshole. you should never take away a persons right to end their own life ESPECIALLY a worthless prisoner. Its cruel but more importantly makes no sense (unless your a religtard)

LOOK AT MEH I CARE ABOUT STUFF GUISE

fucking kys you leafshit

>How Can the Prison-Suicide Problem Be Fixed?

Give them more rope.

Are leaf prisons like American ones? or more like Swedish ones?

I know this is bait but
Have you ever watched braveheart? The themes of that film are pretty similar to the American ethos.
Here we value the freedom of choice in life more than just life itself. To us life is about our decisions and that we should all be empowered to make our own way. We don't care if that conflicts with other value systems.
So with that you can now take your faggy cuck ass beliefs and shove them up your syrup lubed ass. We don't want them.

>Wrong. Read the bible, human life has infinite value.
Look at what we did to Africa. We more than quadrupled their population and all that accomplished is turning starving niggers into more starving niggers. They estimate that by 2100 there will be 4 billion people on the continent of Africa alone and all these motherfucking worthless leeches are going to flood our countries.

Human life is not precious or valuable. Like the other guy said any 2 retards can fuck.

If they won't follow the law then you have to do what North Korea is doing and charge the perpetrator's family as well. If the family has to pay a $100,000 fine for letting their loved ones commit suicide then people will not kill themselves for the sake of their family.

>how would prison suicides be stopped?

open space prisons in the far north, where the inmates are free, except they can't go back to the non-criminal people

Banishment.

>But prison gaurds can enforce this

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Life is tough sunshine, nature doesn't give a shit if you get leukemia, likewise, our society shouldn't be indebted to criminals. If they can't endure their punishment then let them stop being a drain of resources.

>only value of a human is what they can achieve

>so assblasted you reply to the same person twice

prison should help people not punish them by putting them in a box where all they can do all day is network with other criminals who they know theyll have to work with to earn a living later on because no job will employ them.

we should help the people who can be helped, that means white male people. the niggers should be sent off to africa i dont care where in africa, some dumb ass country is gonna take em i guarantee it.

then its a matter of bringing philosophy into peoples lives, without struggle people become depressed. they need purpose, they need something to go to in order to reject nihilism. i suggest utilitarianism but thats just me

No she should have gone to prison for life

Prisoners don't cost much only like 1% of the budget

Human life has infinite value

It's in the bible

There not as bad as Swedish prisoners but less crowded than American prisons

Prison suicides would drop drastically if you killed them before they could commit suicide.

Suicide proof cells.
Confiscate shoelaces/belts etc.
Actually make some efforts to ban/prevent contraband.
Remove any possibility for psychoactive drugs to be obtained in prisons.
More prisoner segregation so less bullying.
Its literally a prison design problem. I could design you a prison where there was no potential for suicide given literally 1 week.

give me 1% of your skin if that's such an inconsequential number

You're trolling is shit, and you should feel bad

Yeah that's because their population is too low, lowest density of population on earth is Africa. Europe and North America have higher per- capita

May I ask why you feel this way because this defeats the whole purpose. Why would you care this much about the person if you don't care about their family?

They could easily commit suicide in the far north, they could cut themselves with a tree branch

Except human life is infinitly more valuable than resources

i forgot the pic

on a budget, 1% is a significant number

Explains why canucks shitpost, they want to be australia 2.0

>Criminals kill themselves.
Problem solved already. What is it you want?

>human life is infinitely valuable

This is where our beliefs diverge. Why can't every life sentence be a death sentence? Why should we feed people who are going to die in prison anyway?

You're a smart man. About the smartest guy in the thread so far, though that is not saying much you do know how to respond properly. God Bless you

That's living though, and human life has infinite value

>How Can the Prison-Suicide Problem Be Fixed?
Equip all prison cells with a neuse.

If you've ended up in prison and realize what a hopeless failure you are, you should have the right to end yourself. It's the only moral thing to do unless you want to spend the rest of your life working to atone for your crimes.

This would help solve prison overcrowding and stop potential re-offenders.

He's a leaf. He wants these criminals to fuck his wife.

>Dude prison sentence aren't long
>Presents one case

>compared to the infinite value you get from the life

For them to live

If you want to look at it from an economic perspective. Death penalty costs 6x more than life sentence.

I would love to design a prison. It would be amazing.

>Except human life is infinitly more valuable than resources

Absolutely not. Without resources human life is impossible to maintain. We need a careful balance of the two, placing one above the other result in tragedies.

There's no reason to fix prison suicide more than what we already do

One less criminal in the world.

me too
people have the right to suicide
the only owner of a life is the person itself not the state
canada is no one to tell someone no to kill themselves

Can we please stop this decades old meme? Were not equal and human life has variable value dependent on their being in relation to their environment.

The thing is you only serve 1/3 of your sentence. If you murder someone that is 20 years so you only have to serve 6.6 years. This is due to parole.

>Death penalty costs 6x more than life sentence.

What the fuck are your talking about? Years and years of food are worth more than some drugs.

Prisoners committing suicide is a good thing. It means we don't have to pay to keep them alive and separated from the public.

Provide optional euthanization. Problemo solved. Millions saved.

the single largest threat facing humanity today is an overabundance of value placed upon human life

>stop criminals from killing themselves
>abort kids that could be the next greatest musician or engineer
>we value life
fucking leafs

fuck the violent ones let them an hero

Are you a Christian too? I find my opinion rare on this website I just want to know your motive for stopping prisoner suicide

if their suicide comes from the depression of being inprisoned in a small cell with nothing to do, no goals, no meaning, then letting them somewhere out would solve this.

why do we imprison people? so that they are not a threat to us.

just put them away far away, where they can move and can have goals and meaning. Sometimes the struggle for survival is a good meaning.

p.s. the Russians were sending rebellious Poles to Siberia. I think that was relatively merciful.

let the niggers kill themselves. one less nigger for me to "stand my ground" with.

>May I ask why you feel this way because this defeats the whole purpose. Why would you care this much about the person if you don't care about their family?

If the person loves his family he won't commit suicide, it's that simple.

Try having nicer prisons..

And even then we still have this fucking problem...

>>A 2008 New York Times article,[44] said that "it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy. Indeed, the mere number of sentences imposed here would not place the United States at the top of the incarceration lists. If lists were compiled based on annual admissions to prison per capita, several European countries would outpace the United States. But American prison stays are much longer, so the total incarceration rate is higher."

I'm sorry but there is no defending this.

>death penalty costs 6x more than life sentence
I can buy a shovel and rope for 30$ waste an afternoon digging, hang the criminal and bury them. You mean the government makes killing someone expensive.

Don't stop them, assist them...why would you want to stop it?

if you're pussy enough to get killed by some damn spic you deserve to die. weeds out the weaklings.

Follow Sweden's example and make prisons not make you want to kill yourself?

I'd say keep them only open to people who have legit depression, no gang members, could work well.

That does not need fixing. Ending up in prison is not redeeming or respectable in any way.

Give them ten lashes and let them go

Problem solved

why would a canadian prisoner kill themselves??

all you guys do in the pen is get high and play street hockey

We live in a time with infinite resources due to technology, no need to focus on that

Read the Bible bud. Souls are infinite

A life sentence in prison is literally costs nothing. A judge just smacks his hammer and reads off a sheet. Death penalty costs

>year of a judge salary (120K a year)
>Paying the jury (50K x 12 = 600K a year)
>Lawyer salary (average 3 so 3 x 90K a year = 270K a year

It costs well over a million for the state to execute.