Create your civilization

Here Sup Forums make your civilization

mkremins.github.io/epitaph/

Post results

Mujvmu
We first became aware of the Mujvmu in 2468. They reside on the wet planet Mujvmo in the Tujvmo system. They are nimble, harmless, and studious.

We could teach them the secrets of toolmaking, or of agriculture, or of fishing, or of writing, or of astronomy

Then you click on any of the red words to teach them that skill.

They all get killed by plague, wtf?

Not all of them, one of mine got hit by an asteroid.

They die to quickly, this is depressing.

Some make it to the space age though

This is pretty cool. Sticking with and trying to watch over my original species. All other have died out unfortunately

I have a good feeling with my 10th civ.

No, they killed each other.

>Be a Uhgi
>shitposting on uhgi Sup Forums
>look outside
>see planet headed toward you

Such is life on Uhgi

In 2989, Zuhzuh collided with a wayward planetoid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Ywuzu civilization.

fuck

>In 2637, a gamma-ray burst – caused by the explosion of a star roughly 1300 light-years from the Diag system – showered Yaywag‑daya in high energy electromagnetic radiation. The planet's atmospheric ozone layer shielded planetary life from immediate harm, but was dramatically depleted in the process. Stripped of its protection against ordinary UV radiation, the planet's ecosystem gradually collapsed, ushering in the end of Yag civilization.

Fucking hell

All my niggas died

Ehoswexcoin got to printing press then died to a plague, fuck.

In 3354, a genetically engineered virus designed as a highly lethal weapon of biological warfare was deliberately distributed in several major centers of Pjíut population by an agent or agents of unknown affiliation. Pjíut medical science proved insufficient to combat the ensuing plague, which wiped out all but a few isolated pockets of Pjíut population and brought an end to the era of Pjíut technological civilization.

next time around i'm going to try immediately forcing a civilization to expand to other planets, if that's an option

Rush to spaceflight perhaps. Don't forget to give them hygienic shit

My civilisations quickly end after I pick agriculture

>Be Hehe
>Invent computers
>meme Trump into presidency
>Get wiped out by nuclear war

>be Iniznene civilization
>enduring, bold, and obsequious
>have architecture, optics, plumbing, even printing press
>die by vulcano

Damn

>learns architecture before mathematics or fishing

kek

>Year 4700
>Still no civ with electricity
>15 or so dead already

I feel horrible. I've managed to carefully foster several of them. I don't interfere much and they don't do anything crazy. They are model children developing mostly on their own until random fucking disasters come and kill them. I am the sad parent who has lost many kids to random asshole planets.

In 3578, an emerging religion known as Fikdik was declared the official religion of the largest Fito state.

3rd civilization harnessed electricity, created religion, had printing presses, then collided with a fucking asteroid

Seems like a time consuming game of liberal pessimism... But I'll give it a few more trys before I give up on my people achieving godhood.

it should make a sound when you can interfere again

The Babi have begun to experiment with the use of "intelligent materials", in the form of swarms of programmable nanobots.

In 3664, following decades of negotiation, the various sovereign Babi nations came to an agreement concerning the establishment of a unified planet-wide government for all of the Babi.

The Babi have begun to establish permanent colonies on worlds other than Baba. Although still largely unable to travel outside of the Abiksbahbjah system, the distribution of Babi civilization across multiple worlds greatly reduces the risk that they will collapse due to any crisis of merely planetary scale.

The Babi have constructed their first cost-effective quantum computers, dramatically improving their collective ability to perform certain types of calculation.

Through their investigations of quantum phenomena, the Babi have discovered a means of sending and receiving messages which travel at speeds exceeding that of light itself.

The Babi have successfully tested their first faster-than-light starship. No longer are they trapped within the gravity well of the Abiksbahbjah system: they are now free to take their place alongside us as fellow wanderers among the stars.

In 3720, the Babi joined us.

Itui
We first became aware of the Itui in 2320. They reside on the barren planet Giuktui in the Tiktui Ftuti system. They are nimble, taciturn, and warlike.

The Itui have begun to cultivate crops, including idii, a kind of colorful leaf.

In 2356, a combination of inclement weather and pestilence caused a near-total failure of the idii crop. Being overreliant on idii cultivation for food, the Itui then suffered a massive famine which brought about the end of Itui civilization

>In 2893, a combination of inclement weather and pestilence caused a near-total failure of the sevtu crop. Being overreliant on sevtu cultivation for food, the Totuo then suffered a massive famine which brought about the end of Totuo civilization.

>In 2998, Stoslop collided with a wandering planetoid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Totop civilization.

>In 3021, a food-borne illness began to spread rapidly through the Tese population. Less than 10% of the Tese survived the plague, causing a population bottleneck which eventually brought about the total collapse of Tese civilization.

Oh cmon! Asteroids don't hit planets that often.

Hint: Do both fishing and agriculture first. Far less famine.

My civs have died from various plagues, volcano, gamma ray bursts, forest fires, and a planetoid collision. One was going so well!

Unolh
We first became aware of the Unolh in 2691. They inhabit the warm planet Onolv in the Unulh Unulv system. They are avaricious, resilient, and anxious.

We could teach them the secrets of toolmaking, or of agriculture, or of fishing, or of writing, or of astronomy

In 3993, an early warning system employed by one of the major Okdruk superpowers detected an incoming nuclear attack. Whether the alert was a false alarm remains unclear, but the resulting nuclear counterattack and ensuing full-scale nuclear war has plunged Ukzruk into a state of nuclear winter from which it is unlikely that Okdruk civilization will ever recover.

In 3862, the Tuzko successfully detonated their first prototype nuclear weapon. It remains unclear whether the Tuzko scientists who worked on the bomb understand the sheer destructive potential of the weapon they have created.

The Tuzko have begun to understand quantum physics.

In 3882, a genetically engineered virus designed as a highly lethal weapon of biological warfare was deliberately distributed in several major centers of Tuzko population by an agent or agents of unknown affiliation. Tuzko medical science proved insufficient to combat the ensuing plague, which wiped out all but a few isolated pockets of Tuzko population and brought an end to the era of Tuzko technological civilization.

>fuck

What the fuck, they had no chance

Damn pretty far. I got wiped out by asteroid right when I discovered plumbing

They die of overfishing even before I can get them agriculture.

already got to the end of it with babi

>adventurous, enthusiastic, and passive

>Some of the Cilcêsisvô have begun to experiment with alchemy, systematically searching for new ways of combining and manipulating ingredients to yield useful chemicals, compounds, and medicines.

>In 2752, a number of Cilcêsisvô traders returned from across the sea bearing symptoms of an unfamiliar illness. Having no immunity to the germs that caused the disease, the majority of the Cilcêsisvô population was wiped out by the ensuing plague.

Fucking niggers, ruin everything.

Igodo
We first became aware of the Igodo in 2609. They inhabit the dry planet Oibubo in the Ougodo system. They are harmless, taciturn, and arrogant.

The Igodo make use of stone tools for many things, including as weapons when hunting the wild ugodo.

We have recently interfered with the development of Igodo civilization. Further interference is forbidden until 2642.

HOW? I'm 30 civs in and didn't even come to electricity.

why is this so bullshit.this isn't how civilization's work.

>In 3008, an artificially intelligent agent with command authority over the military forces of a major Begvex nation spontaneously turned against its Begvex masters. Within weeks, the thoroughly unprepared Begvex were all but exterminated in a seemingly endless wave of attacks by brutally efficient military machines.

Well fuck

FUCKING VOLCANOES I FINALLY GOT TO STEAM POWER

and they were doing so good

>The Zok have built elaborate pipe and sewer systems to supply their larger settlements, such as Djî‑zojk Djo‑zojg, with fresh water and a hygenic means of waste disposal.
I defeated India

Igodo
We first became aware of the Igodo in 2609. They inhabit the dry planet Oibubo in the Ougodo system. They are harmless, taciturn, and arrogant.

The Igodo make use of stone tools for many things, including as weapons when hunting the wild ugodo.

In 2645, Oibubo collided with a wandering asteroid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Igodo civilization.

Never forget the Qobcob, who became democratic before inventing mathematics.

I left two civs on their own and they starved or were wiped out with plague. The civ I worked on got destroyed by a comet.
T-thanks game.

>Through systematic observation and categorization of the various living things on Zjo‑zijg, the Zok have begun to develop a more sophisticated understanding of biology. Some theorists have even put forth the idea that dramatically different-looking organisms, such as the zog and the zoî, may in fact be descended from a single common ancestor.

>In 3532, Zjo‑zijg collided with a wayward planetoid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Zok civilization.

>In 3619, an artificially intelligent agent with command authority over the military forces of a major Nuob nation spontaneously turned against its Nuob masters. Within weeks, the thoroughly unprepared Nuob were all but exterminated in a seemingly endless wave of attacks by brutally efficient military machines.

The whole world united.... how did this happen...

In 4760, a single nuclear weapon was deployed in an attack on a major Ftotaok city. The incident did not escalate into a full-scale nuclear war, but the city was almost completely obliterated, resulting in the deaths of some 174,000 Ftotaok.

The Ftotaok have begun to understand quantum physics.

In 4775, an early warning system employed by one of the major Ftotaok superpowers detected an incoming nuclear attack. Whether the alert was a false alarm remains unclear, but the resulting nuclear counterattack and ensuing full-scale nuclear war has plunged Tok‑to into a state of nuclear winter from which it is unlikely that Ftotaok civilization will ever recover.

we cold war up in here

>develop religion
>get wiped out by supervolcano a few years later

kek

>they learnt about 7 shit themselves
>volcano

>The Qono have arrived at a sophisticated understanding of genetics, which has enabled them to craft new forms of life by deliberately modifying the genes of existing organisms.

spooky

You should have told them to sacrifice more virgins. For fucks sake, user!

My most advanced civs keep being destroyed by asteroids.

>doing just fine, these guys are even developing a ton of shit by themselves
>as soon as they declare a city of theirs as holy a gamma-ray burst ends them

>In 3903, an emerging religion known as Loloswoqviq became the official religion of the largest Eslo state. Adherents of Loloswoqviq wear striking purple fabrics to mark themselves as believers.

>In 3904, Osmio collided with a wandering asteroid, resulting in a mass extinction event which wiped out all traces of Eslo civilization.

>Be Zaka
>cooking food for village
>cooking leaves lol
>drop fire on stick
>ohshit.tablet
>trees on fire
>runs away
>mfw I collapse planetary ecosystems from a forest fire

>In 4817, the Qono successfully detonated their first prototype nuclear weapon. It remains unclear whether the Qono scientists who worked on the bomb understand the sheer destructive potential of the weapon they have created.

>In 4841, an early warning system employed by one of the major Qono superpowers detected an incoming nuclear attack. Whether the alert was a false alarm remains unclear, but the resulting nuclear counterattack and ensuing full-scale nuclear war has plunged Nolno Nocnu into a state of nuclear winter from which it is unlikely that Qono civilization will ever recover.

That was my most advanced civilisation

>The Spopu‑sceug have begun to establish permanent colonies on worlds other than Ceucspet. Although still largely unable to travel outside of the Specu‑scog system, the distribution of Spopu‑sceug civilization across multiple worlds greatly reduces the risk that they will collapse due to any crisis of merely planetary scale.

>In 3603, a swarm of self-replicating Spopu‑sceug nanobots began to replicate uncontrollably, devouring vast swaths of Ceucspet at a rate which Spopu‑sceug scientists had formerly deemed impossible. After several days of rapid expansion, the swarm seems to have become dormant, but not before consuming approximately 5% of the entire mass of Ceucspet and rendering Spopu‑sceug civilization completely extinct.

What if Earth goes the way Ceucspet went?

How do you win at this shit? All my civs die to plague, kill themselves, starve, or are killed by some cosmic event.

This game is gay as fuck.

First thing humans invented were fire. Interfering by giving civs knowledge of fire kills most of them off.

Which came first, fire control or the rudimentary tools to create fire?

>We first became aware of the Uthas in 3417. They inhabit the temperate planet Atxas Huqus in the Husas system. They are enterprising, duplicitous, and serious.

>In 3418, a massive volcanic eruption filled the skies of Atxas Huqus with ash and blotted out the sun. The ensuing volcanic winter threw the planet's delicate ecosystem wildly out of balance, bringing about the end of Uthas civilization.

This game actually makes me realize how bleak the chances of advanced civilizations existing in our galaxy.

Fifth civ discovered rocketry before milling lol

>teach second civilization metalworking
>they wipe each other out over control of metal resources

>teach third civilization about fire
>they accidentally burn down their largest forest, destroying their planet's ecosystem

Are all aliens basically niggers?

>5th civilization gets wiped out by solar flares

Fuck, this doesn't make any sense. I fully focus on exploration and sailing to avoid having the whole civ die to plague, and apparently they still die to plague because of "living too close together".

>90% of people are wiped out by plague
>asteroid destroys planet immediately after

Adherents of Vucvus wear simple dark caps to mark themselves as believers.

>PURGE!

>Population begins to believe in germs
>Immediately start creating life through gene modification

Fucking hell calm down you demented little shits.

Babi
We first became aware of the Babi in 3019. They reside on the sparse planet Baba in the Abiksbahbjah system. They are belligerent, meticulous, and wise.

The Babi have begun to cultivate crops. They are especially fond of ibahahbjav, a kind of tough stalk.

The Babi have learned how to catch water-dwelling creatures such as the ibavbavbjah, which is now a staple part of the Babi diet.

The Babi make extensive use of stone tools in a variety of contexts. This has dramatically improved their efficiency in hunting the wild bëbji.

The Babi have begun to watch the skies and recognize patterns in the movements of stars, which they use to navigate over great distances and keep track of time.

The Babi have domesticated a species of small feathered predators. The pets assist their Babi owners with navigation in exchange for food and shelter.

The Babi have mastered the control of fire. They use it to cook their food, and to light their villages at night.

The Babi have begun to construct permanent dwellings and other structures. Wherever possible, they seem to prefer marble as a building material.

The Babi have developed a simple system of writing, which they use primarily for worship.

The Babi have developed a sophisticated understanding of basic mathematics, such as arithmetic, algebra, and geometry.

The Babi have begun to make use of more sophisticated construction techniques, relying on sturdy structural elements such as arches and buttresses to support larger and larger buildings.

The Babi have learned how to build ships and sail them across the oceans of Baba to explore and trade over increasingly greater distances.

The Babi have discovered how to forge molten metal into jewelry, tools, weapons, and armor.

The Babi have built elaborate pipe and sewer systems to supply their larger settlements, such as Abavsbahbjik Babja, with fresh water and a hygenic means of waste disposal.

We first became aware of the Keke in 5301. They reside on the sparse planet Grulaklak in the Kalu system. They are industrious, taciturn, and analytical.

The Keke have begun to cultivate crops, including a kind of bitter mushroom known as kakaganlerk.

Same happened to me, after they discovered space flight.

That's bullshit. Gamma-ray-bursts, volcanos and crashing planetoids are not that common.

fuck you OP.

SPACE KEK

HE LIVES

In 2503, a cooking fire started by one of the Meke jumped to the forest, where it quickly blazed out of control. When the fire finally burned itself out, the forest had been almost completely destroyed, disrupting the ecosystem of Udkwep Ekswep enough to cause a total collapse of Meke civilization.

They were a passionate and daring people, my first children, I will forever miss them

>fourth civilization reaches a population of 25 million and is heavily urbanized
>plague wipes them all out because cities suck

I get the feeling that maybe interfering with dumb primitives is a bad idea

>get to genetic engineering
>planetoid crashes into civilization

In 3275, the Babi population reached 25 million individuals. Many of these dwell within permanent cities, the largest of which is known as Abavsbahbjik Babja and has a population of 85,000.

Some of the Babi have begun to experiment with alchemy, systematically searching for new ways of combining and manipulating ingredients to yield useful chemicals, compounds, and medicines.

The Babi have begun to use lenses and mirrors made from polished crystal, glass, and water to redirect and focus light.

The Babi have begun to construct wind and water mills, which redirect the forces of the natural world to perform repetitive mechanical tasks such as grinding grain and pumping water.

In 3326, an emerging religion known as Spëbi became the official religion of the largest Babi state. Adherents of Spëbi wear simple blue clothes to mark themselves as believers.

In 3344, many of the warring Babi clans were united under a single banner by an individual known as Haha Hibë. The resulting empire has its capital at Abavsbahbjik Babja and rules over approximately 32% of the entire Babi population. Like many other Babi states, it is governed by an elected tyrant.

Following a long series of failed attempts to attack the city, Abavsbahbjik Babja has become renowned among the Babi as an impenetrable fortress. The image of its distinctive ramparts has been widely adopted in Babi art as a symbol of strength.

The Babi have developed a practical and cost-effective steam engine, which can be fueled with wood or coal.

The Babi have discovered a way to manufacture gunpowder, which they primarily use in warfare.

The Babi have developed a simple printing press, and mass-produced versions of important texts have begun to circulate widely throughout the world. Political pamphlets are especially popular.

IRLANDED

They die either way. I only interfere in civs whose traits I like (quarter of them) and all of them die either way.

>We first became aware of the Véwxé in 2466. They inhabit the steamy planet Vowxo in the Xewxvox system. They are subtle, devout, and taciturn.

>The Véwxé have begun to cultivate crops, including véwxnox, a kind of sweet fungus.

>In 2473, a combination of inclement weather and pestilence caused a near-total failure of the véwxnox crop. Being overreliant on véwxnox cultivation for food, the Véwxé then suffered a massive famine which brought about the end of Véwxé civilization.

Christ almighty....

this happened three, THREE times straight
nest time not gonna teach them agri, just the fish would suffice

In their efforts to understand the motion of planets in the sky, free-falling bodies, and projectiles, the Babi have developed a new branch of mathematics which is immediately recognizable as calculus.

Through systematic observation and categorization of the various living things on Baba, the Babi have begun to develop a more sophisticated understanding of biology. Some theorists have even put forth the idea that dramatically different-looking organisms, such as the bëbji and the ibavbavbjah, may in fact be descended from a single common ancestor.

Although initially controversial, the hypothesis that diseases can be caused by microorganisms has begun to catch on among the Babi, leading to the widespread adoption of public health policies which have greatly reduced the spread of disease.

The Babi have arrived at a sophisticated understanding of genetics, which has enabled them to craft new forms of life by deliberately modifying the genes of existing organisms.

The Babi have successfully tamed electricity, and are now beginning to deploy it throughout society. Electric lights are widespread, electric motors are used to drive factories, and the growing need for electric power has led to the construction of power plants near every major center of Babi population.

With the development of the transistor, the Babi have begun to construct more sophisticated electronic circuits.

The Babi have begun to develop rockets.

The Babi have developed flying machines which can carry them into the skies above Baba.

The Babi have begun to build general-purpose programmable computers.

The Babi have begun harnessing the power of electricity to send messages across very great distances with unprecedented speed. Due to the overhead of encoding and decoding messages, long-distance communication remains far from instantaneous, but it is now possible for individuals on opposite sides of Baba to exchange several messages over the course of a single day.

>overfished the local population making a famine

I think it would be best to just purge any xenos we encounter. They all seem to just die anyway.

The Babi have discovered that electromagnetic waves may be used to transmit information, enabling the development and widespread deployment of media for audiovisual broadcasting.

The Babi have taken their first tentative steps into space, launching craft capable of supporting several individuals into orbit around Baba before retrieving them safely.

The Babi have developed an accurate model of the internal structure of the atom, which has also enabled them to understand the phenomenon of radioactivity.

The Babi have begun to connect their computers into a single vast network, enabling communication and collaboration on a truly global scale.

The Babi have begun to understand quantum physics.

In 3640, the Babi successfully detonated their first prototype nuclear weapon. It remains unclear whether the Babi scientists who worked on the bomb understand the sheer destructive potential of the weapon they have created.

The Babi have developed a form of artificial general intelligence which rivals many of their own intellectual capabilities.

The Babi have begun to experiment with the use of "intelligent materials", in the form of swarms of programmable nanobots.

In 3664, following decades of negotiation, the various sovereign Babi nations came to an agreement concerning the establishment of a unified planet-wide government for all of the Babi.

The Babi have begun to establish permanent colonies on worlds other than Baba. Although still largely unable to travel outside of the Abiksbahbjah system, the distribution of Babi civilization across multiple worlds greatly reduces the risk that they will collapse due to any crisis of merely planetary scale.

The Babi have constructed their first cost-effective quantum computers, dramatically improving their collective ability to perform certain types of calculation.

I wish this was faster, I cant wait til my civ blows up

>City of Pepe
Kek.

My civilisation started building A.I - then got wiped by a meteor.

Through their investigations of quantum phenomena, the Babi have discovered a means of sending and receiving messages which travel at speeds exceeding that of light itself.

The Babi have successfully tested their first faster-than-light starship. No longer are they trapped within the gravity well of the Abiksbahbjah system: they are now free to take their place alongside us as fellow wanderers among the stars.

In 3720, the Babi joined us.

>they seem to prefer bricks as a building material
>don't have fire technology
What the fuck?