Republicans Quietly Admit There Will Be No Obamacare Replacement

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/gop-quietly-admits-there-will-be-no-obamacare-replacement.html

>The history of the development of the Republican alternative to Obamacare since the beginning of the health-care debate, in 2009, has been an endless loop of loud promises that a full plan will be announced soon, followed by quiet admissions that it will not. Seventeen days ago, Donald Trump promised a vote to repeal the law “probably some time next week” with a vote for a replacement “very quickly or simultaneously, very shortly thereafter.” At a meeting in Philadelphia yesterday, Trump and his House Republican allies produced no agreement on a plan. If there is a consensus, it is that there will be no replacement plan at all.

>Representative Greg Walden, a key leader of the House Republican efforts on health care, tells Julie Rovner, “There’s no single fix. There’s no single plan.” Representative Marsha Blackburn touted bills to limit medical malpractice lawsuits and to allow the sale of state-regulated insurance across state lines. Neither of these proposals would have any significant impact on insurance coverage. If Obamacare is repealed, this would leave the individual-health-insurance market a smoldering crater.

>Republicans are portraying the lack of a plan as a philosophical aversion to lengthy legislation. “If you’re waiting for another 2,700-page bill to emerge, you’re going to have to wait until the sun doesn’t come up, because that’s not how we’re going to do it,” says Walden. You may not need 2,700 pages of legislative text. But you can’t blow up the health-care system and replace it with a series of piecemeal measures. Any real plan to provide even crappy coverage — let alone the better, more affordable coverage Trump has repeatedly promised — is going to need to be paid for. Making those trade-offs means figuring out some big-picture strategy for where the money will come from.

Other urls found in this thread:

market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231786
market-ticker.org/akcs-www?blog=Market-Ticker&page=1&cat=Health Reform
reason.com/blog/2017/01/25/sen-rand-paul-introduces-replacement-for
thehill.com/policy/healthcare/316084-rand-paul-unveils-obamacare-replacement
market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231780
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They better replace it or else they've lost both 2018 and 2020.

There will be a replacement plan. The "Just go ahead and die on the sidewalk" plan.

Will they? Healthcare is important but i can't imagine many people being affected who aren't already voting against them

I don't think you have much of an idea how many Republican voters are actually dependent on the ACA ("but not that darn Obamacare").

Oh look, a bunch of CRT/CREW in a thread circle jerking each other. Sage.

Oh boy...

So of there is no replacement what does that mean?

No health insurance at all? Why not use Rands plan, it was pretty solid and really not much different than Obama care.

This looks like it is going to be an absolute DISASTER. :(

oh no, you mean it'll be like before obamacare but with lower taxes?
Say it ain't so

You underestimate the stupidity of right wing white trash.

Well if the health insurances consider you a loss they will simply kick you out and thats it.

Good. Why replace it with something similarly crappy?

Also what is there to be sad about. Dont tell me you poor niggers have to rely on ACA. Why is this such a suprise ?

Dude makes things easier for the middle class. Premiums will go down. Thats great no ?

>say it's gonna take a while
"there won't be any replacement"
ok

>nymag.com
I am not reading your post OP. I am not reading this thread.

your source is irrelevent and anyone giving it clicks is doing a disservice to trump, america and Sup Forums

Preexisting condition.

>pass law called the Affordable Care Act
>it provides nothing itself
>enables insurance companies to fuck everyone
>HURR YOU NEED THIS LAW TO LIVE GOYIM

>If Obamacare is repealed, this would leave the individual-health-insurance market a smoldering crater.

>its already a smoldering crater

who are they trying to trick here?

Oh no. So sad :'(

>Republicans are portraying the lack of a plan as a philosophical aversion to lengthy legislation.
"It's not a plan because we said so!"

Individual short bills on individual measures has been the suggested correction to this for the past 4 years.

Omnibus bills don't get debated in detail and are prime targets for added pork. If the bills are kept short and narrow in focus they can be voted on more quickly with less confusion.

Fuck this article.

Proofs? Face berg caps do not suffice

and if they dont we get boogie
so what is your solution

I get the guy is dumb because he doesn't realize they are the same thing but I really hate this shit:
>you think he will respond?
>fuck no what a loser can't believe he didn't delete this
It's the same as a bully saying
>ah is he going to cry now?
>what a loser
The tolerant left who LOVES to be seen as nonviolent and educated. Fuck I hate them.

Are you saying Hillary will win the 2020 election?

This

>“There’s no single fix. There’s no single plan.”
This means there will be several short bills to address the problem.

This is GOOD because if something doesn't work, you don't have to keep it.
Gigantic bills like Obamacare are too big to be policed, get filled with pork and attachments unrelated to the issue, and are easy as fuck to corrupt.

Short

>gop quietly admits
>quietly
when did it become acceptable in journalism to add judgement in the fucking headline of all places. Can't it just say
>gop admits there will be...
isn't that accurate? saying "quietly" is the author injecting their own opinion on the action. just report the fucking story.

Well there is really nothing you can do about it. Start saving. I hope you did not vote for Trump tho this would have been retarded.

>journalism
is not what that is. it's blog posting. there is no such thing as major/mainstream journalism.
only blog posting from no talent hacks who think their feelings > facts.

the ONLY thing that is needed and the only thing that will drop the ACTUAL COST of healtcare is to enforce existing USC 15 code, Robinson-Patman act etc against the entire industry

Medical monopolies are why Health Care has gone from 5% of GDP to 20% of GDP

Stop thinking about "who will pay/am I covered?" and start thinking about "Why does this cost so much?"

The only viable replacement is universal healthcare.

This.

Everyone is covered.

No preexisting condition nonsense.

We need this.

>people keep pushing the no plan meme
reason.com/blog/2017/01/25/sen-rand-paul-introduces-replacement-for

And in this act he proposes to end Anti-Trust enforcement against the industry. SCAM.

the ONLY thing that is needed and the only thing that will drop the ACTUAL COST of healtcare is to enforce existing USC 15 code, Robinson-Patman act etc against the entire industry

Medical monopolies are why Health Care has gone from 5% of GDP to 20% of GDP

Stop thinking about "who will pay/am I covered?" and start thinking about "Why does this cost so much?"

It also allows groups of people no negotiate with doctors for coverage, similar to how fraternities used to do it, which pushed costs lower

Cry some more faggot

And also exempts the Health care industry from Anti-Trust, which is the primary reason for the costs skyrocketing.

You say "yea, well x will drop costs some!" without realizing that its way offset by other factors that keep costs sky high.

Is rather have an instant 75% haircut, and 20% off a super inflated cost.

Than*

Dems will dominate if there is no replacement or it's a really terrible one that's worse than what they have now.
Absolute bloodbath.

YES PLS KEEPING SHRINKING THE GOVT

>Sodomites can't afford their AIDs treatment

Duh, what were you expecting, coverage? They love insurance scams.

No government sponsored one, sure.

Free market solutions are best. Cross-borders insurance policies, MSA's and bloc grant Medicaid to the states.

Done.

Didn't Rand Paul write one up? Are these "journalists" just that fucking lazy now?

Not when he has to do it like fucing Spiderman where every piece of media anyone reads about him is written by Jew. Jonah Jameson

Good fuck the poor.

FAKE NEWS

sage

>nymag

Meanwhile

thehill.com/policy/healthcare/316084-rand-paul-unveils-obamacare-replacement

B-b-b-bullshit

Megacorps are not the answer to the problem, megacorps are the problem

>mfw Canada

Yes there fucking is, just make the Affordable Care Act a charity-based System so the liberals who want the dindus and retards to live have to pay for it themselves since they're so "tolerant"

FUCK

The replacement is likely to be keeping the removal of pre-existing conditions and maybe a limited tax write off for health insurance. He my also offer states the right to keep the program going for their state, at their own expense and maintenance of course.

Meanwhile

market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231780

>Rand Paul

No hope there. He is only making an effort because his state is full of piss-poor drug-addled peasants. Hundreds of thousands of them only had access to healthcare because of Obamacare.

That can't be true, this post isn't in Mandarin

Partisan bullshit aside, what could be done to make Obama care better without skyrocketing costs or taxes for small business and the Middle class?

Why are these faggot reporters allowed to straight up lie about this shit? You can see in the very same article that there will be replacement.

This, desu.

They need a replacement in two years, or they'll lose seats everywhere.

>PLEASE READ MY BLOG

The republicans gain full control of the government, the ball is in their court and what do they do? Piss themselves

You literally cannot make this shit up

Obama is the devil according to Alex Jones. He smells of roasted watermelons.

It's been a week...

>NYmag
>whole bunch of opinions
>by Jonathan (((((Chait)))))

They should have had a plan ready to go. They have had 6 years.

You're telling me the past 6 years of republican congressional control they couldn't draft a legitimate replacement to Obamacare?

The more his draws on the more I realize obama was playing multi dinensional chess

I can't handle all this winning. I had already given up on a free market healthcare solution. Dog bless you Mr president.

The only way the republicans can give us a better option is with single payer, which would be both hilarious and ironic

>There’s no single fix. There’s no single plan

What? Is the writer of this article retarded or just disingenuous? That doesn't mean their is NO plan that means they're working on MULTIPLE plans!

That's code m8. There's no timeline given. It will just get put off continually. Then dems take control.

I think it's possible.

Multiple Republicans have proposed plans.

Shit argument.

Not mine, faggot. The only guy with the solution

Enjoy getting buttfucked

Then you must be an idiot because she isn't going to run.

Proposed plans doesn't mean they are legitimate replacements

Most of those proposed plans are free market bullshit, republicans are never going to pass a plan like that because of the blowback of the uninsured

Republicans were the one that came up with Obamacare originally in the 90's as a response to Hillary's universal healthcare program.

Insurance is a large part of the problem, being that its not insurance at all.

>Faggot gets hurt and goes to the hospital
>Nurse finishes giving him meds through needle
>Slips and accidentally sticks herself
>Gets aids

>cop arrests junky with aids
>junky forgets he has needle when cop asks before the patdown
>cop gets stuck with needle
> gets aids

It happens so fuck you. Innocent people need help too.

86% of the beneficiaries of the ACA are mostly red state white people

How many republican congressmen and senators are in the pockets of the insurance companies?

A lot of both republican and democrats are in the pocket of insurance companies

>dead niggers and drug addict trash

Who cares?
Libshits get Medicaid in their states anyway.
Degenerates in the south die.
What's not to love?

>"there are multiple plans right now"
>this means there is no plan
>and we can say this because we put the word "quietly" in there, which lets us get away with publishing straight up lies

>being this edgy

Top it til you can't feel it.

If for some reason she ran she wouldn't make it through the primaries.

>people who willingly put lethal shit in their bodies or eat like shit should get their health care paid for by healthy taxpayers

Nope. Why should my money go to a drug addict obese fuck to pay for his diabetes meds? He's the one who got hooked on painkillers and ordered supersize at McD's every day.

Why would I love people dying?

>have announced 50 plans over that period

HURR DURR NO PLANS

Nymag is The Globe tier garbage.

Universal health care cannot work in the United States, a country of 350 million people where a large percentage of the population are fat and stupid and depend on the government. What works in a tiny little homogeneous state of 10 million people or a country like Canada of only 30 million people (roughly the population of California) would not work here.

I say leave health care funding to the states. Keep feds out of health care and everything else.

I don't know desu. But I'm sure it's easier to address issues instead of starting all over again. Obama care is based on Romney's plan and other Republican ideas anyway.

Saged

99% of them

sage

lol they weren't written as proper legislation that was ready to go on day one. And they can't even agree on what they want. They had 6 years to sort it out.

Good. When should I file my taxes?

She's determined as fuck. You have to give her that at least.

>nymag
fake news

Trailer trash obese fucks who are addicted to opiods and watch NASCAR all day.

Again, who cares?

It hasn't even been attempted!

Leaving it to the states will turn out just the way we expect it to. Blue states like California and Colorado will adopt statewide universal healthcare, the less financially fortunate will get treated and enjoy a higher standard of living -- red states like Alabama and Arkansas will just adopt a "screw them and let them die" policy and poor people in those states will suffer accordingly, their HDI will plummet even further.

>You may not need 2,700 pages of legislative text. But you can’t blow up the health-care system and replace it with a series of piecemeal measures. Any real plan to provide even crappy coverage
strange, why is the author of a news article writing their opinion?

it's almost as though.....this isnt news at all