Is recycling a waste of time?

Is recycling a waste of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/scientists-just-declared-the-dawn-of-a-new-human-influenced-epoch
sciencealert.com/new-plastic-munching-bacteria-could-fuel-a-recycling-revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, kill yourself kike.

no you fuckin stupid kid

No unless you want to live in a junkyard

You're existence is a waste of time

yes, we should just litter the streets and shit in our rivers like the indians do

>Is recycling a waste

I see what you did there.

Penn and teller did a bullshit study on bullshit.
recycling metal is good and worth it money wise. recycling plastic cost more money and a have more resources go plastic than we did when recycling started.

I'm asking because my roommate doesn't give a shit even when I get on his case about it. I just wanted to know what you guys think.

The biggest problem is human stupidity, you always get retards that put non recyclable stuff in with the recyclable and then separation becomes a nightmare.

It's funny because my country is more white than yours.

I think that old closed landfills before thorough recycling will, at one point becomes new mines for raw materials.
When that happens I do not know.

this, this user got it right

do you know if it is economically viable to recycle glass?

The alternative to recycling is the unending accumulation of dumps where we bury our shit. Recycling is one attempt to put a dent in this cycle of -> Produce -> consume -> dump what's left -> Product -> consume -> dump what's left.

Realistically we will run out of some resources sooner than later. Something we're not prepared for or have we planned for. Recycling allows us to at least make the first steps towards the necessity of breaking the cycle.

I'm not a fan of plastics either way and think we should go back to glass for storage though.

People don't realize that recycling doesn't actually recycle that much shit outside of the metal industry
Recycled plastic is mostly sent to dumps

Yeah, metal and glass

Plastics in general need to be phased out

The majority of aluminum has been recycled at least once.

You tell me.

your country counts apache-looking mexicans as white.

Sometimes if I had too much trash I'd just stuff regular trash in the recycling bin. No fucks given.

I'm not sure on glass.

This is what I wanted to know.

>> "The radionuclides are probably the sharpest - they really come on with a bang. But we are spoiled for choice. There are so many signals," Zalasiewicz said, adding that micro-plastics are also components of sediment around the world, both on land and in the oceans.
sciencealert.com/scientists-just-declared-the-dawn-of-a-new-human-influenced-epoch

>>You might live to see humans mining out their own radioactive waste and plastics for resources

I don't know, is shit posting slide threads?

I used to have this job. Somehow after recycling everything gets mixed back up again and you stand and sort shit all day.

I know that plastic soda bottles are recycled to make bleach bottles (which is shittier quality), then they can recycle it again into some even shittier product I think

"Naive Americans"
Are Asians though, so native mixed Americans are hapas

Full breed "Natives" look pretty similar to Chinese rice farmers for a reason

Yeah they are numbered here. Everything past 2, black, or used for oil gets used for drainage pipes and shit.

they come from siberia, altai region same dna.

Only stuff that cannot be burned. Burn trash for energy, recycle stuff that cannot be burned (metals and glass).

Clear glass is hard to do because any impurity will be change the color or be visible, but colored glass can be impure.

It has been discovered how to convert plastics into fuel though.

>>This opens a whole new approach to plastic recycling and decontamination. At present, most plastic bottles are not truly recycled. Instead they are melted and reformed into other hard plastic products. Packaging companies typically prefer freshly made 'virgin' plastics that are created from chemical starting materials that are usually derived from oil.

The PET-digesting enzymes offer a way to truly recycle plastic. They could be added to vats of waste, breaking all the bottles or other plastic items down into into easy-to-handle chemicals. These could then be used to make fresh plastics, producing a true recycling system.
sciencealert.com/new-plastic-munching-bacteria-could-fuel-a-recycling-revolution

we should just burn paper in power plants instead of recycling it or dumping it

>altai
Yes, all asians seem to be able to trace their origins to somewhere in this area. Outside Japanese who were an early hapa between the original white settlers, which is why they're arguably the only asian with innovation - from their European admixture

they charged me a $6 deposit on a motorcycle battery. You better believe I brought them back the old one.

All those guys on the sorting line are prisoners on work release.

What's the point if the world is going to be taken over by browns, let them deal with it?

Other than metals, yes. It's a massive waste of energy and economic resources that is only good for virtue signalling.

>You are existence.

Try thinking.

Without population control, it is.

Treat the cause, not the symptom.

>(((America)))
>White

of course not, it means jobs and prevents environment from getting shittier, just look at india. the only ones who shouldn't want that are....come on shlomo, why do you have tobe so greedy, you've already got enough shekels...

>mexican intellectuals

Not really, it's just another form of virtue-signaling
It makes no difference in the long term, but does make a slight difference in the short term

This reasoning could be applied to anything that reduces a negative impact produced by any industrial process m8. Controling the problem does not rule out treating its root cause, and population control is not easy to enforce.

>I'm asking because my roommate doesn't give a shit even when I get on his case about it. I just wanted to know what you guys think.
Paper, plastic, metal. Not that hard to separate
Aluminum cans are the worst though. People are just lazy and throw everything in one trash can.

>it means jobs
This has never been a valid point and it will never be. It is retarded to the core and you should feel bad for saying it.

>"Naive Americans"
Dirt Worshipers.

if a private company pays for it - no
if EU or other communist state does - yes
just look at the free market and you will know

indeed, recycling for profits is the way
recycling for le environment is just virtue signaling

here we focus on the problem not on the solution

>we should just burn paper in power plants instead of recycling it or dumping it
You ever been around a trash burning power plant? Not sure if it's still there but columbus ohio had one on the southeast side. Even with your car windows up it burned your eyes and choked you. Nasty. And we were a couple miles away on the interstate.

Aluminum is the only thing we should bother recycling. Mostly because it is technically infinitely recycleable, and very easy to collect in the most consumed forms (drink cans, car body panels, etc.).

Otherwise, it is a waste of time and money, yes.

Here's a red pill for this thread: earth is fragile and we need to get off this planet. Not because of pollution or limited resources, but because with one asteroid or comet impact we would be literally wiped out in a heartbeat.
Near earth bodies are tremendously rich in resources that we use today, and we are just years away from being able to mine them. Also to ensure humanity's survival past another few thousand years, if we even have that long.

Tl;dr don't worry as much about conserving this planet as producing the means to get off of it.

Who died and put you in charge?
Whoever it was I want the fucker's head on a stick for choosing a leaf

Things should be produced to be recycled easily. That should be the first step. Even if it adds a few cents to the cost.
Also it's not really what you owned, but what you threw away, and how much did you pay?
So much packaging waste

You know star wars and star trek are just bullshit movies and tv shows right?
>?distant planets

Just bury it in the ground and make it mulch.

where possible, reuse is better than recycling

no

Tell me it ain't so
Naaa Naaaa , Nanana nana

>Is recycling a waste of time?- 60 posts and 4 image replies shown.

Depends. It shouldn't be subsidized to the extent that it is.

If the free market can't support it, it's not worth doing. That's why metal recycling is "worth it" and recycling paper and plastic is not.

I have to pay 5p for a plastic bag now
Ridiculous!
But I win in the end
I use them to suffocate badgers

That is why the player needs to install a mod that gives us infinite landfills that do not produce pollution. The least he can do is speed up our tech research, sheesh

Just use reusable cloth bags, they are great. Stupid child.
I've used reusable shopping bags for over 15 years, way before you had to pay. Think of all the waste I've saved

Do you really think I suffocate bagders eith plastic bags?
Have you ever tried to get a badger in a plastic bag, it's a fucking nightmare
Hedgehogs, on the other hand, are a piece of piss though

I like that way of thinknig, good goy

how bad are those mosquitos?

There are degrees of similarity. Bottlenecking populations can create significant changes in population genetics quickly, as well as recombination. We're also talking thousands of years of nomadic hunter/gatherer life styles and then thousands more farming, so there wasn't the same extent of back and forth admixture often seen in old world areas at the same time period.
And this is where any amount of science in consideration has been thrown out the window.

Not for Aluminium.

Yes, except for aluminium. There is money to be made there

Some metals like aluminum are actually cheaper to recycle than the mine new ore.

Plastic is more expensive to recycle than make new plastic, but it's worth it to reduce the amount of plastic garbage.

Paper and glass don't really matter as they'll break down naturally anyway.

metals and glass here in brazil are feasible

i do know a company that 40% of all glass they make is from recycling, not counting the internal recycling of defective items

i'm not sure if plastic and paper here are actually profitable

Metal and animal product recycling is viable and necessary. I don't know about the rest.
It's a joke, newfag.
It's also cheaper to recycle than reduce from bauxite energy-wise (probably monetary-wise too).

Being this new

Unless I'm mistaken the Earth is the only planet in which we've observed having a magnetosphere, meaning it can hold atmosphere and the inhabitants are not facing the full blunt of solar winds / other higher radiation. Unless you're okay with living at least underground, earth is what we're stuck with for the foreseeable future until we can replicate what has made earth habitable

That only really works with organic material aka not metal, glass, plastic, or anything else we tend to recycle

>Unless I'm mistaken the Earth is the only planet in which we've observed having a magnetosphere
Wrong.

kek making me want to get back onto Civ

Probably African tier

No, its actually pretty profitable. Do you know how expensive it is to throw shit away? It costs millions of dollars to operate landfills and make sure nothing gets into the groundwater and the gas doesn't build up and cause an explosion.

Recycling is a way to avoid costs and actually MAKE MONEY from trash. Its pretty sweet.

Different 'ethnicity' are largely slight variations between three prime groups/sources. Asians, Whites, Negros. Some 'ethnicity' are combinations between all three, like South East Asians

>>Animal product recycling
Some examples?

>109468410
Could you give me some examples?

Thank you.
>Jokes on you. I was merely pretending to be retarted!

1-800-comeonnow

Jupiter has a fucking huge magnetosphere. Read a book some time.

Depends what you are recycling, somethings are not as effecient and therefore a waste yes, like paper and card.

Whereas metals normally you want to recycle them.

>>Jupiter has a fucking huge magnetosphere
Observed/tested for or speculated too?

You know what's a waste of time are effortless, contextless, one-line, one-post writing prompts. Read the rules. Not everything you see here is Sup Forums. We are harried by paid trolls at CTR/CREW and require your help in ignoring, saging and reporting illegitimate content.

>Observed/tested
Yes. Have you ever heard of these things called probes and telescopes?

A magnetosphere isn't a big fucking deal, planets with molten cores generally have them.

I am a big recycler personally, but when you really look into it household waste is a very small portion of total waste so in a way it is pointless for households.

>>probes
Not very familiar with what probes do, I know of them, just not the specifics of what they do, and how they do what they do

>>Telescopes
Magnetosphere cannot be seen by the naked eye, this doesn't help

>>Isn't a big deal
Aurora Borealis is caused by solar radiation bouncing off our magnetosphere. Skin cancer is caused by the accumulation of harmful mutations mostly caused by life time exposure to the solar radiation which does get through.

Without a magnetosphere, expect to get skin cancer very early in your life time. Expect the possibility of major harmful mutations within a life time instead of over generations

Yes, having one is a big deal if you want a planet you don't have to hide inside /underground on

>>Planets with molten cores
Which we cannot test for, on our planet or others

Science has become to much of a belief system I swear

Aluminum, no.

Biowaste/Compost, yes.

Rest, sorta.

Most of that shit is going through the same burners on waste facilities, no matter how they are separated neatly in recycling etc. dump them in the same fucking trucks or mix it at the waste facility at the latest, then the shit is burned and the dust and ash is filtered through active carbon and thrown underground.

Basically turning Waste to CO2, shows you how well Eco-hippies know this shit.

Source: I used to work in EKOKEM, the leading waste facility in Finland and one of the most significant in Europe. (eg. got rid of those chemical weapons a while back)

My ex is an environmental engineer, and says we should just put it in landfills, and digg it up later if necessary.

Recycling is great if you want to rune the planet.

>digg it up later if necessary.
Is your ex a squirrel, per chance?

As I said in: Your girlfriend would be right.

It's not that recycling is bad, especially for some metals.. but its a business thats super expensive for the populus, benefitting the recycling companies but producing very little use out of the recycled stuff.

Atleast the end facilities often are also Hazardous-Waste facilities, so there is some use to the whole process in the end.

>rune

>Found the 12 year old.

I jsut love recycling
I guess it's just pleased my autisem.