Meditation Red Pill

Hi Sup Forums, redpill me on meditation.
Have you ever tried it?
Did it work?
Is it worth to get into?

Other urls found in this thread:

eocinstitute.org/meditation/meditation-boosts-your-gaba/
urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe1-4.html
web.archive.org/web/20160321210517/http://deoxy.org/annex/Eight_Lectures_on_Yoga.pdf
accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.22.0.than.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a means to an end

basically just fuck off from the internet and material concerns and you'll get the same effect whatever

it helps me fall asleep sometimes.

>Have you ever tried it?
I lived in Buddhist temples.
>Did it work?
Define "work" in this case?
What do you think it's supposed to do?
>Is it worth to get into?
By the way you ask those questions: no.

today it helped me to get out of stressors, but so did an afternoon nap lol. Main problem is that I need female companionship but have none, you cant meditate that away lol

You have the tools, try it and find out for yourself.
It only gives back what you put in.

>What do you think it's supposed to do?
I don't know, maybe I could experience something what I would call metaphysical through meditation.

Can you tell us more about your experience with buddhism?

>Have you ever tried it?
Yes.
>Did it work?
No.
Is it worth to get into?
No.

Overromanticized on the internet like psychedelics. Useful tool for increasing attention span and getting in touch with your thoughts and emotions.

it changes your gene expression and strengthens your pre-frontal cortex

just do it

>getting in touch with your thoughts and emotions
literally opposite goal of actual mediation practices

> western culture, good goy!

>american education

By meditating you become more aware of what goes inside your mind. Meditation doesn't have a simple fixed goal, and just by claiming that you prove how little you know about it.

How long have you done it for to say that? Years, I presume...

Irrelevant.

People say it doesn't have a goal but it really does. The goal is to quieten your thoughts and just exist. The goal is not to perceive everything via your ego but experience without judgement.

I've got to the point with meditation where I don't think at all anymore when I do it. For years little thoughts would constantly be popping up, now I can sit it total mental silence.

Yes. It increases GABA levels in the synapses.
eocinstitute.org/meditation/meditation-boosts-your-gaba/

Yoga is also proven to help Alzheimer.

>psychedelics
>overromanticized
psychedelics are one of the last things in this world that AREN'T overrated. They will kick your ass for real. A sorely needed medicine in the age of detached ironic jaded sarcasm

[citation needed]

No it's not. You're downplaying the significance of meditation and you clearly haven't done it enough to make a judgement.

>detached ironic jaded sarcasm

Nothing really inherently wrong with that though. That's our British culture influence shinning through

It's the spoiled brats that have nothing to show for while being a tongue in cheek cynic is what kills it

Which is why it's so bad when teenagers/NEETS do it

Yes, I have even before Sup Forums.

SA TA NA MA.

Best meditation I have ever found.

Yes it works, I can make myself relax before something stressful and change my brain chemistry.

Have also had OOBE with it, along with sensory deprivation.

>the brit finally says he doesn't have a brain

I always knew it, you half bred retards.

Yes it helps. Though for some it comes very easy and natural. Others struggle and only exhaust themselves.

Overall meditation helps:

- reduces stresses
- strengthen your will
- recharge you
- stop being a slave of your emotions and think more clearly

Nowadays there are many vipasanna courses and also qi gong courses. It's a great thing.

it's pretty good for relaxation and if you get better at it keeping an eye on your own thought processes, gives you a lot of self-knowledge and you can use that to stop being a retard about certain things but also be able to understand other peoples thought processes

So, doesn't sativa weed just do the same thing though?

I thought about meditating, but smoking weed while going on a walk seems to get me thinking in a different perspective all the same

Yes, if you fall into trans a bunch of crazy shit can happen. Visions, feelings of joy, pure bliss. Best legal drug out there. Listen to hemisync and focus on your breathing.

You're fucking gay dude.

>I've got to the point with meditation where I don't think at all anymore when I do it. For years little thoughts would constantly be popping up, now I can sit it total mental silence.

I've always been able to do that if I so wanted. Then again I'm suffering form some form of autism which may have something to do with it.

I meditate, I have been trying to get a set schedule of when I do it too. A lot of it has to do around mantra or positive thinking; picture yourself with the things you want or who you want to be. Also keeping a collection of your thoughts is pretty red pilled. Some of the most red pilled people have been into meditation and positive thinking; a lot of them also believe it is what has made them so successful.

No, the discourse on psychedelisc on the internet are dude weed lmao tier.

You will grow out of that phase kid.

Here's something I don't understand though:

You look at all the Western geniuses throughout history, and you just know they never meditated.

Like, as if Bill Gates, Trump, Einstein, Charles Lindbergh ever meditated..You know?

I don't get it

Steve Jobs meditated

Yes, but most of the breathing meditation and similar is mostly useful for training attention. Which is more of a starting point than the destination.

What I do now is basically contemplation practice that has a blurry boundary with psychotherapy. A few times a day, sit quietly and observe and let your shit come to the surface, no matter how painful it is, and you will gradually work though it. That's all.

To get a little farther out there, often I've found that where emotions feel like they are in the body can be roughly mapped to the chakra system, so I understand why those drawings exist, even though it probably just reflects the wiring of the nervous system. And after a few years of digging I started to encounter some difficult stuff that couldn't be easily traced to anything that I could remember happening in particular, but could still be worked through (so it wasn't purely biological imbalance). YMMV, draw your own conclusions.

It's not necessary for success but it can help.

>2017
>not meditating daily
>not activating all of your 7 almonds
>not being or at least trying to be your highest self
>not grounding your 7 almonds
Really tickles my fandingles

Actually almost all of them have meditated. Bill Gates dedicates an hour a day to reading or thinking. I'm sure Einstein was into a ritual as well. Meditation doesn't have to be you sitting there like a buhdist.

Nah Einstein just liked to buttfuck his cousin and deny quantum mechanics

it definitely helps out with everything pretty much. would definitely recommend to everybody, especially those who want to be a wizard or whatever

What are some books on proper meditation? Like the shit the monks use over in tibet

I don't follow the monk type shit because it's not practical in the average persons life. But I recommend philosophy books on stoicism; "the daily stoic" is a good one also Marcus Aurelius's "Meditations".

Meditation has really helped me with anxiety & depression and just being in a bad situation. It really helped when I went outside to a really nice woods by myself. Then finding a way to really relax, think, plan for my future all that shit. Turned myself around.

Get a bandana and put cold water in it, then wrap it around your closed eyes. It feels good and makes meditation easier (so you aren't fighting to keep your eyes closed. Just my in experiences.

urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe1-4.html

I just want some good techniques, also I'm not sure Marcus Aurelius's book even involves actual meditation it's just a name

cheers

>Have you ever tried it?
Once
>Did it work?
No
No, it seems like a cult

I can give the run down on buddhism and their philosophy of meditation.

To begin, they believe that there is a cycle of reincarnation set in bonds by karma. Karma can be diminished with good deeds and apparently contemplation blah blah blah..

The cause of being stuck in samsara or Illusion is literally ignorance. Hence why you believe in the illusion and get trapped in it. Buddhism's whole purpose is to reshape you mindset to see past this illusion and to be free from suffering. Ignrorance is what leads to illusion of suffering. Once you get rid of ignorance you have no illlusion and you have no suffering..

That being said the 4 noble truths discuss the process of becoming enlightened.

Continued.....

1) the world is suffering
2) the source of this suffering is desire
3) this suffering can be eliminated
4) the path to eliminating it is the 8 fold path

So what is really important is to understand the 3 noble paths to understand the philosophy of Buddhist meditation. The first is simple, you have to understand that this world fucking blows, understanding this will lead to you to come to the realization that this world is empty and it has nothing to offer(remember that line)

The second noble truth is important because you realize that desire is the cause. Pleasure is short term and will never lead to peace and the running from pain will never lead to peace. This is the underlying basis towards enlightenment.

From there, the third noble truth, you realize that if desire is what causes suffering, then if you eliminate desire you eliminate suffering. HOWEVER, im order to do this, you much eliminate all attachment, hence the purpose of the 8 fold path.. but regarding to meditaiton.

The purpose of meditation is to just bring awareness that the arising of phenomena is just that. It offers nothing.. the goal is to observe your reality around you and to watch it pass. The more you do this, the more used you are to having no attachment to what you see around you (seeing the world as empty remember, the first noble truth). The whole point of buddhism in essence is to accept your suffering and seeing no reason in having attachment in this world, once you do, you dissolve all egotistical desires and in turn you become eternally compassionate towards your peers.

The book is call meditations because it was his personal journal he wrote for himself. It was his meditation and self reflection that wasn't supposed to be published. The same methods can be applied to you and there is a lot to be taken from it to allow you gain control of emotion and thoughts.

The point

*woosh*

Your head

yes
yes
yes
don't over do up to the point where you just stop doing it all along...

web.archive.org/web/20160321210517/http://deoxy.org/annex/Eight_Lectures_on_Yoga.pdf

I think this is based more on poo-in-loo's, but it's easy to read and digest for eternal and honorary anglo mindsets.

>why would i learn to focus my mind when i could just pay a lot of money to inhale burned plant matter into my lungs

Nice summary.

In other words; Nihilism.

Hello Derek Padula.

Perspective Pedro.

Yin. Yang.

Half empty. Half full.

You are what you eat.

>eat fruit
>turn into a fag

I think thats because it produces melatonin. It is anti-cancer and anti-aging.

>Main problem is that I need female companionship but have none, you cant meditate that away lol

yes you can you idiot.

the frenchy doesnt want to fuck sheep, mate

Sorta, the nihist says there is no sumpreme liberaton from this shit whole, where as buddhism says liberation is to be had when you accept this shit hole. It very very very rare you actually have people that do accept this shit hole without mental suffering or attachment to this world.

The nihilist would say even if you do get rid of suffering it would be pointless in the end. The buddha alluded to a final nirvana but forbid any speculation about it, so there may or may not be a sort of heaven like state once an enlightened being dies.

Totally agree with you, psychedelic communities online are extremely dubious at best, and almost always cancerous. However they do offer pretty solid harm reduction information and if you do research on dosage and identification something like mushrooms can be a good once a year kinda thing

It's nothing mystical so get that out of your head now, it's just about clearing your mind of all the useless junk that keeps you from devoting your mind to shit that matters.
Great way to connect with God.

Not this brain gains meme again

>Have you ever tried it?

There are various methods of "meditation" and i tried most of them.

>Did it work?
If by work you mean calm the mind and bring happiness, then yes, but you must keep in mind that the goal of meditation is not to make you happy.

Meditation without a right and learned spirit is unfruitful

Absolutely

If you want to understand how to meditate read the Maha Satipatthana Sutta

accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.22.0.than.html