Favorite red pill authors/philosophers?

Favorite red pill authors/philosophers?

That is a good book. War and Peace was garbage.

russian literature is fucking boring

>i dont have an overall point, theme, or interesting dynamic
>heres 10,000 pages of about 30 regular ass boring people living their normal lives
>ok time to end it now, so someone dies

Read Crime and Punishment, Notes from Underground, and The Idiot, and slowly come to realize why so you're uninformed on the topic of this thread that either Seppuku or murder-suicide is the only fate you deserve.

Nip is actually right. Best book

>He hasn't read Gogol
>He hasn't read Turgenev
>He hasn't read Lermontov
>He hasn't read Goncharov
>He hasn't read Chekhov
>He hasn't read Bulgakov
>He has at most read one or two books by Plebstoyevsky and Normiestoy
>Thinks he knows anything about Russian literature

GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

i did. c&p is an exception. brothers kalamazoo and ann karanington were more what im referring to

This is what an illiterate individual looks like.

Also,

>Reading for plot

top kek.

The ultimate blackpiller.

>you can say all this boring garbage is shit unless you read all this boring garbage ass shit
'
Just like I'm not justified in telling you staring at a wall is boring until i do so for 40 hours

This is what pseudo-intellectual who strokes his own egodick for reading generic shit regarded as "classic" looks like.

BASED

Guillaume Fayon, Why we fight
Hans Hermann Hoppe, Democracy the God that failed.
Julius Evola, Ernst Jünger, Michael Hudson, Lawrence Wright to the top of my mind.

Great analogy, real smart.

But in honesty, every single one of the authors I just listed is among the greatest of all times. Russia is perhaps the greatest of all countries when it comes to literature. The anglos only come close because they have Shakespeare. If you, or anyone reading wants to give it a shot, I heartily recommend The Overcoat by Gogol. It's not very long, and is probably one of the greatest short stories ever written.

I'm just here to post this again

i dont know if he is considered red pill, but he is based as fuck and helped me a lot.

"Fickle is the heart of woman, treacherous and full of vice."

It's interesting, but I think it rests on a deeply flawed premise. He doesn't convincingly argue why surrogate activities are inherently inferior to the "real" power processes, which mostly seem like some vague and unsubstantiated idealization of the hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

Nice retort faggot. Please tell me which shitty writers you find quality.

I agree

Maybe, but he is very hard hitting in his critique of the modern world, and although there is some suspension of disbelief his book is great for better understanding the technological system.
He also talks about the fact that each technological advancement in fact forces society to adjust itself according to it, thus forces each individual who wishes to not live in solitude to use it, thus always infringing on personal freedoms - this is an important point I rarely see addressed.
Not to mention that many on here will very much understand his individual point of view because a lot of us are suffering from the consequences of the modern technological world, among them Globalism, urban society and social dissolution, so I always recommend it on here. I personally was very effected and shaken by his book although it's not perfect.

>thinking Dosto/Tolstoy are bad because normies like their major works

Russia does have a very impressive roster of literary heavyweights. You could make an argument that they are the greatest but the anglos have a fuck ton of heavyweights apart from Shakespeare:

>Milton
>Yeats
>Joyce
>Dickens
>Chesterton
>Donne
>Blake
>Coleridge

etc. etc. etc.

The Americans have an impressive roster as well:

>Melville
>Poe
>Hawthorne
>Faulkner
>Hemingway
>O'Connor
>Pynchon
>Wolfe
>Gass
>Gaddis
>Thoreau
>Emerson

For me it's between The Brothers K and Moby-Dick for greatest novel ever written.

>forgetting about pushkin

fuking plen

Agreed, he did show some of the biggest problems of industrial society with very great clarity. Still, I think surrogate activities have their merit, and ultimately, I don't agree with his solution to the problems he identifies.

It was facetious, I actually love them both.

True. I haven't been delving deep into American literature yet, but Melville is admittedly amazing. I think the White Whale is one of the greatest and most elusive symbols ever written. I've been reading a lot of Scandinavian literature lately, and I think Sup Forums would like some of it. I'd recommend Hamsun's Growth of the Soil to anyone.

yeah War and Peace is really overrated.

Anna Karenina is the GOAT Tolstoy

Haven't read him yet. Had my eye one Eugene Onegin for some time, but I'm pretty apprehensive about reading translations when it's written in verse. I'll probably end up reading Nabokov's though.

OPs book is the best book I've read. Only one that's ever brought me to tears.

Pynchon is a hack.
Bleeding Edge is one of the worst book I've ever read. Don't waste your time on him.

>Ctrl+F "Dumas"
>No results
>???

Also, Moby Dick fag reporting in. That's my personal favorite.

Count of Monte Cristo is a pretty solid book

Pynchon went way downhill after Mason and Dixon.

Gravity's Rainbow is a masterpiece though.

>Hemingway
>good
WEW. close your legs, I can smell your fishy vagina through the screen

>I haven't been delving deep into American literature yet,

Do you read translations or in English?

If you read in English, give Faulkner a go. Start with As I Lay Dying. The Sound and the Fury gets all the hype but Faulkner's true masterpieces are Light in August and Absolom! Absolom!

Also, Gene Wolfe. In my mind possibly the most underrated writer of the past century. He's like an amalgamation of Proust, Borges, Faulkner, Tolkien, and Chesterton rolled into one. I almost feel like he's another Melville--a writer so far ahead of his time that it will take another decade or two for the literary elites to realize the weight and worth of his work.

Hemingway is considerably better when writing short fiction. His novels are lacking as his style isn't suited to the long form.

I admit Hemingway is minor compared to Melville, Faulkner, etc., but his short fiction is really rather strong.

based Hamsun is based, very fashy

Dumas is slightly above pulp-tier, akin to Dickens, Stevenson, or Kipling.

He's a great writer, but he's not in the conversation for the greatest.

>>O'Connor
>>Pynchon
>>Wolfe
>>Gass
>>Gaddis
>>Thoreau
>>Emerson

All of these are nobodies

>Hemingway is considerably better when writing short fiction
He really isn't

This, David Foster Wallace puts all of them to shame. Especially Gass and O'Coonnor

O'Connor is widely regarded as one of the greatest writers of the 20th century. Same with Pynchon.

Thoreau and Emerson are read and studied internationally.

Wolfe, Gaddis, and Gass, while less known, are clearly three of the most important writers of the late 20th century.

Spain gave us:

>Cervantes

and some classic Christian Mystics (St. John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, Ignatius of Loyola, etc.). But Cervantes does deserve to be in the conversation of GOAT.

>David Foster Wallace puts all of them to shame.

Oh dear. Fresh from /lit/ I see.

David Meme Wallace is great and all, and Infinite Meme will go down as an American Masterpiece, but you're fooling yourself if you think he puts O'Connor to shame. Literally no one in any literary circle would agree with that statement.

>Ctrl+F "Schopenhauer"
>0 results

Are you this bluepilled Sup Forumstards?

Schopenhauer is black pill, not red pill

That's because they're all SJWs who circlejerk about race and gender. How else do you think >LeGuin won all those Sci-Fi awards even though all her books were utter shit?

>The Overcoat by Gogol
Just read the wikipedia synopsis. Doesn't seem like anything special.

I have a suspicion you haven't read much O'Connor.

O'Connor is exactly the type of female that SJW's hate. A traditionalist, hardcore Catholic Southern White woman who writes about the degeneracy and hypocrisy of virtue signalling cucks.

LeGuin had some good books. The Left Hand of Darkness was good. But I agree she is generally overrated.