Was he really that bad?

Was he really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kDKw0f95k7Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=iYDg3ofh7dM
nysun.com/opinion/carters-role-in-zimbabwe/58232/
youtu.be/TqK01N1kY-4
redstate.com/diary/jeffdunetz/2010/04/19/courtesy-of-jimmy-carter-30-years-of-mugabe-tyranny-in-zimbabwe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's what I want to know. Why do people say he's bad?

Seems like a nice guy though.

He was at odds with his own party as well as the republicans, leaving him unable to accomplish his goals. No he wasn't bad, he just didn't get any help.

A lot of things were really out of his control, like the hostage crisis in Iran. Carter did authorize a military operation to rescue them but it failed due to mechanical problems/weather/lack of communication between the different branches of the military.

Only president worse than him was Obama and that's because the nigger got 8 years

He is that nice guy that is SOOO nice that after you are friends with him for years he won't stick up for you when people are talking shit about you. He wants to be friends with everyone. He has no allies.

He didn't back Portugal when the Cubans helped take over Angola.
He didn't back Portugal when Soviet armed guerrillas overtook Mozambique.
He left Rhodesia out to turn in the wind when they were being attacked by two black countries back by North Korean, Russian and Chinese backed and trained guerrillas.He threatened South Africa against further helping Rhodesia by telling them they wouldn't sanction them.

A friend that doesn't have your back is not a friend.

He is literally my uncle no joke

Yeah, he was.

He had one major blunder near the end with Iran, and Reagan was very popular. It was his to lose.

Soviets invade Afghanistan
Let's boycot the Olympics
This drove Bruce Jenner insane
Pretty bad desu

He was like Obama but for only half as long

oh yea

and he fucking pardoned Patty Hurst, the runaway rich girl who fucked some black criminals for a week and then robbed a bank.

His post-presidency is seen as a much better success than his presidency

Really? How often do you meet him? Has he said anything about the recent administrations (Bush, Obama, Trump)?

Yes.

I'm friends with someone who looks exactly like him but a lot younger

He lusted in his heart for peanuts

He was almost killed by a rabbit on live TV.

Iran was a strategic buttfuck of massive proportions that haunts US foreign policy 30+ years later.

Most people in Washington are politicians pretending to be nice people. Jimmy Carter was a nice guy pretending to be a politician. Weak. Trump is just a badass getting more badass everyday.
We need more Trumps

So yes, Jimmy sucked.

Iran embarrassed him badly and the Fed fucked him over. He wasn't strong enough to overcome these forces so he looked like a failure. I think he had some good ideas but he could not execute.

his heart was in the right place, but his brain was in the wrong place.

At least he pardoned all the people who didn't want to go to Vietnam to die for Nixon...

I'm old enough to remember, and yes he was.

But Obama made him look competent by comparison.

Is it his fault for starting US affairs with Iran?

Isn't he one of the few presidents who stand against the jews?

He's the modern day Godfather of Terrorism throughout the World
If he had just supported the Shah of Iran instead of selling him out - Iran would still be a secular country and the Ayatollah Khoemeini never would have come back and the Soviets never would have invaded Afghanistan (we had US military bases on Iran). That Afghan war led to the mujahedin and Osama Bin Laden et al.
Carter is one of the main, if not the main reason we have terrorism in the world today.

Wasn't his fault, basically inevitable after Ajax in '53. Eisenhower is to blame

In 1977 Jimmy Carter claimed that the world would run out of oil by 2010...

and we would have if it weren't for Jimmy Carter

for a moment I thought this was Lindsay Graham

Was he also a lamer who tried to be a neutralfag?

There's no way Obama is worse than Jimmy Carter

Yes

I wish Trump did that, but oh well. I think he's pretending to be friendly with them to avoid any JFK situation since he's already so controversial

He was a spineless pussy

Closest to Sup Forums president besides Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=kDKw0f95k7Q
This guy was fucking nuts doing this as president

Yes. Gladly he got extremely red pilled after that experience.

Yes, he was.
Go look up the following, for starters.
Misery Index
Hostage Crisis
Double Digit Inflation
Oil Embargo

HE'S HISTORY GREATEST MONSTER

He betrayed Taiwan and picked Mao.

Even the Supreme Court got involved when the Carter Administration said Fuck Taiwan.

55mph speed limit. That's as fast as you could go on any US road

He let Reagan take the credit for the hostages being released. It was the patriotic and classy thing to do. His Habitat for Humanity project makes a real impact and he didn't enrich himself like Gore.

tl;dr Gets more shit than he deserves.

Carter had shit advisors, and being a good Protestant, he refused to kiss the pope's ring.
He is considered bad.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama were good cryptoCatholic boys. They are considered good.
(Obama spent 4 years in a Catholic school in Indonesia)

No.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States

Not even remotely. Neither is Obama, for that matter (though he's one of the most polarizing because he is the first black president).

Harold?

My mom said that people got pissed off at him because of the oil crisis, or whatever, he did a national address where he said to turn down the heat in your home, put on a cardigan.....and he was wearing like an ultra expensive cardigan while he did it; so he appeared to be out of touch with the suffering of the American people.

Mugabe is a manchild president who nearly eradicated his country with famine

Everyone would have been better off if he had just been killed by some rogue group of African rebels

>If they had won, we would all be literally dead by the end of Clinton's first term

Yeah cause she sure didn't handle being secretary of state well /s

He was a good man who meant well but didn't have what it took to be President.

Probably the last President (until Trump) to genuinely care about his people.

What he said wasn't wrong. We were spoiled as fuck in those days and now were reaping the whirlwind for it. Trump saw how bad we were fucking up in those days. He saw how we were selling off our country piecemeal to enrich the boomers. No one listened.

Save for one. Hail Trump

Half the entire population is refugees in other countries. 3 million in South Africa alone.
25% have AIDS and no medicine
life expectancy is now 37 years old...

Great job Carter, Thatcher and the Council of Churches who supported the insurgents monetarily.

come on, he even signed the tready with torrijos like 40 years ago

He also stopped the Shah from assassinating Khomeini
When he took office Iran was a strong US ally with US bases and a secular government keeping the peace
When he left office Iran had been allowed to turn into the pro terrorist anti US anti Western theocratic shithole it remains to this day
And he gave away the Panama Canal for absolutely no reason but muh feels and shit
Fucking incompetent asshole

He turned my grandfather from a millionaire to man scraping the bottom of the barrel over night. Fucking corn embargo bull shit.

Kind of a bad President, but a good person.

The shit with Iran was mostly due to Carter's fairly hands-off policy, preferring to let his advisors and the State Dept. handle things. Donald "Gin Rummy" Rumsfeld was a big proponent amongst those who wanted to fuck up Iran in an attempt to drive down oil prices in the late 70s, and had been in service under Ford before Carter took office. Rumsfeld and his lackeys advanced with their program even though noted war criminal Henry Kissinger had the fucking foresight to realize that to destabilize Iran's regime at the time could easily cause a radical group to take over the country.

Carter's bumbling response to the hostage crisis that ultimately didn't work served to solidify public image of Carter as a failure, though the story is incomplete if you simply focus on him.

There's also been long-persisting rumors that Reagan's campaign chief had met with Iranian officials in order to arrange for the hostages to continue to be held until after the election, but those have never been proven.

We do know that Reagan fucking loved selling missiles to the mudslimes, though, so there's that.

Yeah I remember meeting alot of Iranians that had run away during that time. They all were pretty cool actually. Not religious or anything.

What I remmeber most about that time is my uncle literally flipping the fuck out over Carter, Kissenger and Rhodesia. He wanted to retire to Rhodesia. He had planned it for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYDg3ofh7dM

End of Portuguese Colonial War: 1974 Jimmy Carter afterwards 1977. Angola and Moçambique civil War aren't the same as Colonial War - Portuguese Whites and some blacks fighting niggers.

figured he'd always be the worst president

then obama came along and showed us what a pussy really looks like

I thought it was Nixon

Ah right you are. Conflated the Angolan Civil War and South African Border War with Angolan Independence and Carter being unconvinced of Cuban involvement.

People have mentioned lots of the reasons why he's bad (telling the Shah to go fuck himself is easily the worst decision ever made post WWII) but there are good things about him. He was a legitimate outsider in every sense of the word who had to take on his own party full head on, similar to Trump and the GOP. He was one of the only Presidents who tried to battle with the military industrial complex.

He's pretty much how if you grabbed a guy on the street and asked him to be President one day

He's kind of like that James Bond actor that was only in one film.

>can't remember his name

He literally dindu nuffin.

>Carter and Obama as worst presidents
>Not Buchanan, Harding, or one of the super shit 19th century or early 20th century presidents
>Not even Hoover, Andrew Johnson, or Grant
Kill yourself

He helped destroy Rhodesia...
nysun.com/opinion/carters-role-in-zimbabwe/58232/

>jfk right up there with the roosevelts, and above eisenhower and jackson
My sides hurt

The Effects of Jimmy Carter's Foreign Policy on Rhodesia
youtu.be/TqK01N1kY-4

Courtesy of Jimmy Carter

redstate.com/diary/jeffdunetz/2010/04/19/courtesy-of-jimmy-carter-30-years-of-mugabe-tyranny-in-zimbabwe/

God, Israel is such a fucked situation. Its too bad its Americharam to say that the Jews are in the wrong.

This

I always found it funny that everyone thinks the best/worst Presidents are ones in their relative lifetimes.

No he just got boned by cyclical trends in investment

People have no historical perspective. It's just the way it is. It's the reason we just elected Nixon 2.

ah, sure, if the guy happened to be a trained nuclear engineer and former governor.

>mfw people actually fell for le peanut man meme

>but a good person.
He was a faggot fucking SJW, not a "good person".
Probably a communist and a soviet sympathizer

There is no such thing as the "military industrial complex" and never was.

Go fuck yourself, leaf. Grown ups are talking

He paved the way for craft and home brewing.

He was just kinda crap whenever a problem came up. Couldn't handle the energy crisis for shit and couldn't handle the Iran hostage crisis for shit. Those were basically the only things that happened during his tenure.

Nixon was based, so good

He was a notorious micro-manager, and this resulted in him frequently missing the forest for the trees.

Reportedly people wanting to use the White House tennis court would have to ask for his permission. That's just shit you're not supposed to pay attention to when you're the leader of the most powerful country on Earth.