American Healthcare

You have 10 seconds to explain why America has not adopted a universal health coverage system for ALL Americans.

>Pic Unrelated

The pic is very much related. Too many fat americans on that plane prevented it from take off

google "boogie2988"

while you gave me a hearty kek, that's not relevant to the topic.

Because taxation is theft.

taxes are taken out of our paychecks, might as well roll it all into one and give people the freedom to move up the job ladder and not be stuck to an employer solely for insurance

Your point?

>Too many fat people
>2/3 of population is overweight
>50% of that are morbidly obese
>Obesity crisis hasn't even slowed down at all, if anything it's been accelerating

We'd go broke

Its more cost effect to have private insurance system with a public option to pick up the poorest of the poor that fall through the cracks

Why are you posting pictures of my airline's plane

Too busy wasting money.

Literally obese people and people who don't understand why it's a bad thing to go to the emergency room for a fucking cold

Captcha is Mexico kek

>implying it isnt incompentant irish drunk pilots

air lingus is pretty dank and is cheap as shit

Because Obamacare will be replaced be cut to fund the ACA

From what happened with the disastrous obamacare the private sector is cheaper.

Because commies like you should be hung on bridges like they do in Mexico.
Those who dont contribute to society should not have equal benefits to those that actually bust their ass for it.

Not to mention the fat shits will bankrupt you before you actually get to those who are worth treating.

>Too many fat people

Why are fat people fat? genetics? poor diet choices? if poor diet choices, why? not enough money to buy appropriate groceries? does their area suffer from food deserts?

>Too many fat people

To change this not only requires a health coverage change, but an individual mindset change as well. People need the resources and motivation to change their habits

>50% of that are morbidly obese

What has caused this morbid obesity?

>Obesity crisis hasn't even slowed down at all, if anything it's been accelerating

See above points

>We'd go broke

The largest pool of people (all Americans) paying into a single entity and having that entity negotiate directly with the healthcare providers?
Nah

>Its more cost effect to have private insurance system with a public option to pick up the poorest of the poor that fall through the cracks
This was a provision under the ACA when it was in debate; however Joe Lieberman (sp?) lobbied against it because he was a rep. from Connecticut, where all the major health insurer HQs are and they didn't want it.

It was the most accessible photo I had. AlsoI like your country

Trump said he plans on cutting down on the waste, fraud, and abuse our gov't currently does. Hopefully after that we can get our healthcare in order.

People wouldn't go the ER for a cold if they had a Primary Care Physician to go to, but can't because no insurance coverage.

Kek, it sure is

Obamacare is the ACA

Only disastrous because obamacare is the GOP healthcare plan.

>implying I'm a commie
Yeah ok sure buddy. Everyone who is able to contribute should contribute; we already do thru our taxes on our paychecks, might as well make it easier for everyone.

Just like to say that what Republicans are truly wrestling with is one of the things that Machiavelli warned against, which is that once you've given to the people, you cannot take it away. Republicans have the same problem with Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. They desperately want to crush those programs and wipe away the crumbs, but they can't. It's far easier to never give something than it is to give something and then take it away.

Like it or not, the ACA cannot be undone unless they replace it with something that gives yet more, and they'll never do that. That's the beauty of it, and that's how Canada got universal healthcare. They passed a half-measure at first and then the dial was only able to move in one direction during the ebbs and flows of politics.

>is ok with letting others ride on your checks
>not a commie

Not everyone is ok with giving free shit to niggers too lazy to get a job. Everyone who can contribute should, those who cant should find a way or get nothing.

Have you considered why those who cannot contribute, don't? Maybe they are just nigger-tier assholes that don't want a job, or maybe there are deeper circumstances as to why they don't (poor economy, no job prospects, no training/apprenticeships/education opportunities, etc.)

I'd love to help those who can't contribute find a way, but when there are active disadvantages holding people back, then how are they supposed to overcome those challenges?

Also, I accept that there will be niggers looking for a free ride, but you know what I'd rather a few lazy niggers than genuine people down and out simply because life dealt them a bad card and want to do something to change it.

Private healthcare is better. Look at Singapore or Switzerland. Cheap, efficient, and better than ours. Obama care is only a stepping stone to universal care but ended up creating the most expensive healthcare system in the world.

Private healthcare is better. Look at Singapore or Switzerland. Cheap, efficient, and better than ours. Obama care is only a stepping stone to universal care but ended up creating the most expensive healthcare system in the world.

I'm all for copying systems that are proven to work. From Wikipedia (I know, it's a shitty source, but for preliminary research it suffices) " Singapore has a non-modified universal healthcare system where the government ensures affordability of healthcare within the public health system, largely through a system of compulsory savings, subsidies, and price controls". Let's get moving onto a system that has been tried and works.

America has the highest cancer survival rate in the world

>black man cant get a job, therefore everyone who can should be punished for his lazyness

go back to your containment site where you belong you cancerous jew.

You already have it, it's called Medicare and every US citizen receives it and pays into it. It's also so shit that most hospitals don't accept it and recipients are forced to get supplemental insurance to cover what medicare doesn't

It's also the most expensive insurance program in the world

I did not know that, thanks for sharing.

>go back to your containment site where you belong you cancerous jew.
this is my containment site, friendo :^)

Also guy, we are all getting punished via taxes to get publicly funded services. I hate taxes as much as the next guy, but might as well put them to good use for the overall health of society.

Medicare is strict on who receives it, make too much - you get cut off. If Medicare was opened up so all citizens can have it, then nobody would turn it down.

The main reason our system is unbelievably shit is that it removes the ability to be an informed consumer at every level.
From what plans are negotiated to what your employer subsidizes to the medical billing nightmare.

Universal would make that problem even worse unless we went the Japan route. How many hamplanets would freak the fuck out at that?

We don't have a homogeneous society that regulates itself with shame like most other countries.

What we need is more community health centers and cash penalties for not taking advantage of preventative care plus better physical screening. That's an area we are extremely lacking in. Unfortunately that's not going to happen here.

The only insurance I ever got that was decent was when I worked at a huge company that self-insured. That's honestly the only time employer plans make any sense whatsoever.

if there is any money saved it will go straight to the military

I agree that an informed consumer will help the healthcare system, but at the same time you have to account that if you are in a dire situation all that goes out the window - you are focused on getting treated, and getting treated NOW to save your life. Money be damned.

Can you elaborate on the Japan route and why hamplanets would freak out?

I agree, more health centers and preventative screenings will save money and lives; it's asinine we don't do this more. Why won't it happen here? If Trump is true to his word about helping Americans I can see him drafting a law (with the help of Congress) to get it done

With the employer based coverage, I think it's great but that creates a trap - people literally stick at a job for just the insurance. How is the American Worker happy with that?

Well, fuck.

>Why are fat people fat? genetics? poor diet choices? if poor diet choices, why? not enough money to buy appropriate groceries? does their area suffer from food deserts?
Fat people are fat because they would rather stuff their face with Digorno pizzas and tubs of ice cream. Processed junk food tends to cost more than "healthy" food. So the healthy food is too expensive argument is invalid.

>To change this not only requires a health coverage change, but an individual mindset change as well. People need the resources and motivation to change their habits
Health coverage doesn't have to change at all, actually. People just need to get it through their thick skulls that no, they do not need to eat that second bowl of pasta and three more pieces of that garlic bread.

>What has caused this morbid obesity?
The lack of self care. People would rather have the 5 minutes of satisfaction from eating a piece of cake, than the satisfaction of being able to run a mile without needed to stop for a rest.

Jews and their (((insurance)))

But insurance is taking more

They have comprehensive physical tests and fine those who don't meet certain requirements. The most notorious is the "fat tax", but they can collect much more information than BMI.
It's the reverse of how here you usually get a credit if you go to the gym or lose weight.

Employer based group policy coverage is a trap and that's why I mentioned that it only makes sense in the case of self insurance where your company has a vested interest. The way it currently works is an awful inheritance from the salary cap days and hospital insurance.

In our current state Switzerland's model is much more achievable and matches our countries attitude better.

We are never going to be one of the more efficient countries with regards to care unless there is a major paradigm shift in our attitudes towards health. That's ignoring that we would somehow have to get multiple industries out of being mercilessly profit driven which is a whole different issue entirely and a completely different debate for what's acceptable.

What is in our interest is getting costs to be manageable and to stop publicly subsidizing bad practices and private profit.

As for the ACA or any other bandaid, step 1 needs to be that if insurance is required (and it should be so that we can balance costs) then part time work would should also be forced to pay the fractional equivalent of a bronze plan.

>(((insurance)))

>healthcare costs way more than most people make
>so they have to buy (((insurance)))

Good goy

Because in America the right to free enterprise outweighs the right to health and happiness.

In most countries, healthcare is a service. In the US, it's a business.

It's that simple, and it's also why you will never ever have universal healthcare.

>Either buy insurance
or
>Pay fine for not having insurance

Either way you're out of pocket

not all Americans join active duty military for 20 years to receive health benefits for the rest of their lives.

>different standards for doctors
>pharmceutical lobbying keeping prices high
>becoming a doctor takes 10 yrs after highschool and is the most rigorous and costly career path imaginable and now lower paying then ever

why would anyone wanna be a doctor for low wages and we dont have laws to stop companies from ripping us off on perscription drugs

so how could we afford uni healthcare or force those in the field to support a system at an even more skeleton version of what it is

Forgot to mention the point about Community health centers - we don't have enough health workers to supply those projects as it is.

It's not really an option unless the government is going to massively invest in medicare/residency funding or AI doctor assistant software makes it so a NP is a 1-2 year trade school option.

Americans are a horrendous mishmash of disparate ethnicities with little brotherly feeling for each other. Why should they want to pay for Shaneeqha to get her third liver replacement?

>People wouldn't go the ER for a cold if they had a Primary Care Physician to go to
hahaha....that's not how retards work, user
t. state has advertising campaigns to try and convince idiots not to head straight to the emergency department for literally nothing

No kidding. Somewhat ironically, the only people from my shitty rural hometown that use Urgent care properly instead of using the local EMT + ER drive through as a taxi for antibiotics are illegals.
Why? The cops started telling them that ER abuse that results in medical debt will lead them to launch an investigation and full compliance with ICE. Whether it's true or not, it worked.

You realize that with gov't mandated health insurance that forces American's to buy health insurance gives the insurance companies a 100% customer base right? And if you don't play ball you're paying the gov't who is in league with them a fine. And the insurance companies can make the prices whatever the fuck they want, hence the skyrocketing premiums/deductibles to pick up the slack of both the poor and the ones made poor because of they can't afford Obongocare.

We're getting spitroasted by the gov't and insurance comps with forced uni-healthcare system in a country of obese niggers.

Thank you for the detailed reply, it was exactly the kind of post I was looking for.

Yes, the ACA was a dud. Health insurance is going to get hit with the standardized whammy sooner or later just like life insurance did.
Meaning minimal plan = 0-1% profit and higher plans 2-3% profit.

it would be very expensive in a country like you s a where so many people are sick and/or obese

Because universal health coverage is fucking expensive and highly misused.

It's not the governments job to be your mommy and daddy and take care of you.

I agree, most doctors get a bad rap for being overpaid when in general other professions like engineers or trades make out like a bandit in comparison. The cost of throwing away 15+ years of early investments while paying off a crippling debt before you finally "catch up" cannot be ignored.

Every PA or GP I know says that if you aren't going to be specialized in a highly paid field, be an RN or NP instead.
I worked as a Paramedic during my college years to make ends meet so I got to see first hand how stressed so many people are in that industry and still have a few friends there. Biggest NOPE of my life.

Too busy supporting other countries.

And supporting the generational poverty of the American Negro.

>Because universal health coverage is fucking expensive and highly misused.
Heard a LA emergency room physician bitching about onbamacare patients on a podcast. Because low income with 100% coverage ( i.e. Niggers ) make trips to ER like you would a doctors office. Like when they have a cold or other minor ailments. And demand the "best" doctor on duty. Like they're fucking special or something. People are abusing the fuck outta this ACA .b.s.