How feasible is calexit? I really want this to happen

How feasible is calexit? I really want this to happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

scpr.org/news/2016/11/17/66216/california-analyst-projects-2-8-billion-budget-sur/
mercurynews.com/2017/01/18/1-8-billion-error-adds-to-california-deficit-projection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not very feasible at the moment.
Federal Gov't will need to be extremely weak or lacking resolve to keep Cali and there isn't much political will right now to make it happen

Unlikely, we have enough mature adults here to keep it from happening

Jerry Brown is fucking us over so much, expect a Republican governor in 2018

there is a 0% chance of this happening.

this is just salty libs LARPing. the Feds will never allow it to happen.

How about a major chimpout instead with burning down the ghettos and national guard?

>Republican governor in 2018
You mean a RINO?

only 1/3 californians support it. It will never happen, just like Trump and Brexit.

California would need to suggest that they'd be better off without us.

After this cucked state voted against the plastic bags no chance. They like to be fucked.

I think there are enough people in California who don't live under a rock to know about the debacle that was Brexit and to avoid something similar.

It would be great. Without the democratic powerhouse cali america would be red for decades to come

unlikely supreme court would rule this to be illegal this has already been deabted in hearings to sum it up

>The Supreme Court has consistently interpreted the Constitution to be an "indestructible" union.[54] There is no legal basis a state can point to for unilaterally seceding

That will never happen, the Dems control EVERYTHING in CA. All the CA repubs will leave/move to another state and in their place, illegals will vote Dem.

First we need to artificially create a huge earthquake (using until now kept under wraps Tesla science) that causes california to separate from the mainland. Then we build a wall around it and throw all the degenerates in there Escape from LA style. Bonus, Arizona gets a coastline.

Yeah man detroit is really going down the shitter, they're going to have a republican mayor soon.

Land is too valuable. Just give all the fucking confederate libs the opportunity to leave. Hell, subsidize it. PAY them to go to another country.

Silicon Valley is cool and all but they'll relocate to another US city once an oil embargo is in place and the United States cuts off the Colorado River and shuts down 40 million people's source of clean drinking water.

Assuming Trump wouldn't just become the second Lincoln and destroy them (he would).

Don't forget that power to all of SoCal will be shut off because the Palo Verde plant and the Hoover Dam will remain in the USA. Also the copper wiring they use for street lights and shit will disappear since just about every copper mine in the USA that can produce anything is in Arizona and you can bet they won't be giving a gram to California. I really hope they vote to leave, so we can move in the troops and put them down and place the whole place under marshal law.

California is literally keeping this country alive. The state alone funds so many deficit red states.

And the rest of America won't let that happen, seeing how unilateral this relationship is.
>b-but muh drought
That was last year. From 40% last year to 2% now.

Without Cali, America is nothing.

Washington here. I'm good with this as long as they take us with them. Oregon can come too.

Someone will get rich off this.

I wonder if we can attach a rocket to it and land California next to Europe somewhere.

Hope they do it and Trump takes the capital and puts Brown's head on a spike.

This state is so cucked it's unbelievable.
I'd welcome government intervention with open arms.

Cali has one of the worst deficit spending budgets of any state. Also per capita it doesn't even rank in the top 20 for GDP. That shit hole gets so much federal money they will instantly go bankrupt without the rest of the USA.

>spic flag
Really made me think

Cal does happen to give more to feds than it gets... BUT you are correct that they are operating at such incredible deficits that leaving the union would destroy them,

2.8 billion surplus apparently. That's quite a deficit.

scpr.org/news/2016/11/17/66216/california-analyst-projects-2-8-billion-budget-sur/

Let me guess, they're using too much money for dem programs?

Guy's you don't think they really will right? I'm getting scared what am I going to do?

California gives more to other states though. Not to mention Cali's debt is managable compared to it's 1.2 trillion GDP.

>implying some stupid muh-brexit shitter knows any better
I live in San Jose, by the way.

Oh, sorry, let me correct that: it's $2.5 trillion GDP.

you mean 1.6 billion deficit according to the governor :"The Democratic governor called for more than $3 billion in cuts because of a projected deficit he pegged at $1.6 billion" All thanks to an ERROR of 1.9 billion lol... well done Jerry, mercurynews.com/2017/01/18/1-8-billion-error-adds-to-california-deficit-projection/

You will need to consider the political situation under which a Calexit can occur. There is the possible scenario in which the federal government is too weak to enforce sovereignty, which makes it unlikely they could unilaterally enforce an embargo at least without hurting the rest of the US itself. Large amounts of trade passes through the ports of California and into the rest of the US. There are countries that are interested in keeping access to Cali/US markets open. At the moment, there's no one except the US that can guarantee this but considering this scenario happening in the future, this responsibility may be taken up by China, which is seeking to ability to project its power across the ocean right now. And of foreign powers, any great power with the ability to project to the western hemisphere may use a sovereign California as a perpetual nuisance against the rest of the US, much like how the US uses NATO to threaten Russia and how they use its Pacific allies to threaten China. There's a shit ton of complicated unintended consequences that could result in a lose-lose situation, but I highly doubt that anyone here is willing to entertain that and instead continually believe in best case scenarios that involve doubling down on their positions and achieving some perverse and vindictive punishment on California because of some minor political issues.

Is it possible an independent Cali would be annexed by Mexico using the Crimea excuse?

no way. It's only getting worse here, the leftist peer pressure is no joke.
Clinton more votes than Obama, and Trump got less than Romney. The Dem's run everything up and down Sacramento, and no way any outsiders win. We couldn't even get a republican on the senate ticket.

Economically feasible, though it requires some cutting of dem programs, which is enough to make the thing fail
Politically not feasible, california will need to somehow convince everyone to redraw the laws and allow them to leave

No, because in this case, Mexico isn't the Russia, The US is more likely to annex BC than Mexico is to annex Cali. And the point made above about ports is exactly why the US won't let California leave. The bases we have in CA and Federal land (A TON OF IT) mean that the US could effectively maintain embargos AND continue to use the ports for its own good while strangling the secessionists.