Why isn't seasteading and IW micronation and city state building more of a thing?

Why isn't seasteading and IW micronation and city state building more of a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2009/09/seasteading-without-that-warm-glow.html
scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2025456/chinas-deep-sea-mission-mine-wealth-beneath-ocean-floor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cause of the sheer amount of fucking money it requires.

I'm not a dolphin faggot

give me one reason why this and two dudes with a compass wouldnt work

I think this is just a matter of time before this becomes a huge thing, but for now it's not appealing enough to happen.

>Let's head innaseas.

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2009/09/seasteading-without-that-warm-glow.html

Sup Forums and /k/ co-op motherbase when?

because technology is inadequate, dummy

Liquid?!

If I had any idea how to live like this I'd jump at the chance to never see land again.

For what purpose? Everything would be just costing much more for its citizens with no benefits.

They rot, they rust, and then you die.
There is no replacement parts to be found at sea, created from sea water...
You remain dependent on land infrastructure, undermining the whole point of leaving.

Because it's retarded and not founded in reality. You need to be able to sustain yourself and grow your nation.

Too much shit related to old and forgotten civilizations and races down there for you to know about OP.

Hurricanes.

Hurricanes

It's just a thing for ancaps to talk out of their ass about.

Too volatile. Salt is extremely corrosive, hurricanes/tsunami are much strong at sea, and it would cost an absurd amount of money to even attempt without having any real way to prevent the first two issues.

Remember Blueseed? It was a start up idea for expat scientists to get on decommissioned Navy ships and retrofit them to be little communities. I'm sure no world government would stand for it.

You need a huge floating wall first, needs to be 20M+ below the surface and about 10M above. you can make it segmented so it's transported by towing then set it up in a circle and connect it. No one is quite sure what to build it out of, cement rots in salt water.

>underwater skyscraper
>1 person with a power drill make a whole and drowns a thousand people

GENIUS

you need about 3M to accomplish self-sufficiency on land (fuel, food, utilities), god knows how much more it'd take for an oceangoing version

what if you build underneath the water?
create a couple prefab buildings, engineer it to be completely waterproof, get them shipped to an underwater coral atoll (where the water is relatively shallow) then dump them in, go scuba diving to the house, open the entrance hatch, install pumps to pump in air and pump the water out, you now have your own house in the middle of the ocean where you can do whatever you want

>build underneath the water
Why not just build underground on land without having to waste exponentially more resources and maintenance. Settling on anything other than dry land is stupid mode, this isn't Anno 2070

well we were discussing a micronation in IW
not to be subject to any other nation, completely free.

building a big bunker doesnt give you geopolitical autonomy

kek

Just dig deep enough and you can create the nation state of dorf forts.

you would need to be really deep

It is cheaper and easier to keep the pressure in than out, so space travel is the easiest.

Having said that China is supposedly planning on setting up a deep sea colony. I remember all of the threads when they announced it because the chink concept are had a guy who looks like Kirk.

>china

link

Then at that point you can also go and extract mineral wealth from the Earth's mantle, along with the massive amounts of water available.

I couldn't find the original article with the concept art of the under sea city with Kirk growing vegetables in hydroponics, but there is this one:

scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2025456/chinas-deep-sea-mission-mine-wealth-beneath-ocean-floor

Because all the money gets funneled into liberal bullshit through taxation and subsequent government grants and subsidies.

And geothermal energy for heating and power generation.

Maintenance would be more expensive than a skyscraper made entirely out of solar panels.
Construction cost would be similarly absurd.

On top of this the ocean is as mean as it is serene, unless you make what would amount to an underwater nuclear bunker it would likely get destroyed by currents or storms with time. Salt water is a cunt.

On top of that world governments don't want people to do this because they likely have deep-sea bases and we'd be toeing their boundary lines a little too much beyond their desire.

Underrated