Since fucking WHEN has the Czech Republic been known as "Czechia"

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/25/nobody-calls-it-czechia-czech-republic-new-fails-catch-on
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/czechia-czech-republic-new-name-english-speakers-a7323596.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since Kek destroyed the original timeline

Should be renamed to Bohemia.

Since last year

M A N D E L A
A
N
D
E
L
A

They renamed it last year, but not even the people of " Chechia" like their new name.

idk but czech em

Since last April

Its spelled "Chechnya"

memes are seeping into real life

Timeline shift

Czech 'em

April 14th to be exact

This

All worshipers of Kek were transferred to the timeline where chaos and war breaks out. Just like we asked.

you can't always put republic behind everything.
there has to be a term for a country without it.

in german, people also mostly say "Tschechien" and not "Tschechische Republik" all the fucking time.

Czech 'em

Well the name wasn't approved until May 2nd and the UN database updated on 5th July. Apparently they've been trying to change it since Czechoslovakia dissolved but since no one actually gave a fuck and just used Czech Republic they had trouble doing it.

Czechoslovakia.
Czechoslovakia.

Could have sworn I'm writing down c z e c h i a.

What if we change Poland to Lechia, our true legendary name, that's going to be awkward

bohemia is different from all of czech, it would be like calling germany Rheinland-Pfalz, there is also moravia

>tfw Google renames your country without asking

wew lads

all those rightful clay

Our president made it happen. I dont care.

It was unworthy and they misspelt the Berenstein-bears children book, the Looney Tunes and plenty of other things. Fucking heretic timeline it was.

Russia, Chechia and Lechia again a thing
I can dig it.

Czech these digitus

Guys I'm Czech, it's always been Czech republic wtf

>WE WUZ EMPIRE N SHIET

Since fucking WHEN has the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren been known as the Czech Republic or Czechia?

Mehmet, today's Czechia is composed of Bohemia and Moravia. Bohemia is the western half, Moravia the eastern half.

>wanting to be mistaken for chechnya

We call Czechia CHEHIA since before the separation it is a slav language thing i guess. Чeхия.

Since fucking WHEN has the Velká Morava been known as the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren, the Czech Republic or Czechia?

Why do we use the Cz digraph for Czech when the czech language itself doesn't even use it, instead using a C with a little point on top?

CZ is a polish thing.

quick google search says its a shortening of the name "czech republic"

Since fucking WHEN has the Skåne region been known as Denmark, the Swedish Caliphate or ISIS?

I hate the term Czechia. Our faggot commie government registered that name in the UN and now we're stuck with it.
REEEEEEEE

also czech'em

>tfw born and breed in Skåne
>tfw from, and currently living in Malmö

You're hitting me a bit too close at home, swamp-germany.

last year - PM announced it.

Czechia, what a fucking joke! Now we are gonna sound like some Russian-occupied shithole. President Zeman should crave inside Trumps asshole and never come back.

umrzyj

As a slav how should i call it now kek?

We always called it Ćeška,should we keep calling it that or is it Ćeškia now?

Why? I don't believe in all that Lechina Empire bullshit, but Lechia would be a cooler name rather than Pooland

Czechia has 30k immigrants a year now

getting on that JUST bandwagon like the rest of us, what a shame

becouse the legendary polish rape of polish dicitionary

Because it makes sense. "Czech Republic" is way too much of a fucking mouthful.

"Czechia" is much better. It's also close to what Czechs call the country themselves - "Česko", instead of the long-form "Česká republika"

t. someone who's been to Czechia and is very glad they made the change. Makes conversation much easier.

Don't forget Czech Silesia too.

Because we don't have accented letters in English, you fucking idiot.

It's the same reason that "ü" from German is written as "ue" in English (e.g. "Mueller" instead of "Müller")

>Czechia
Why would a country piss on themselves like this?

how about Ćechy

Our girls does not have the problem with pissing on themselves for money, I guess its in our nature

>Česko
Then fucking call it Česko not Czechia

How so, Tyrone.

It's a much more convenient version of the name.

In Czech they call it "Česko" instead of "Česká republika" so why shouldn't we have a short name in English as well?

But we don't call it Česká Republika do we?

Czechia is what they've agreed on, and it's what's used, so fucking deal with it.

Eh maybe, but again, Czechia is what they've agreed on, that's what's in use, that's what people call it.

in Russian, since their inception

In our language that sounds like you referring to a Czech people in plural.

Ćeh-Ćesi

why so much russian propaganda? don't you guys understand why the UdSSR fell?

Because it sounds more like a real country's name, when you put Republic in your country's name it sounds like some shithole in Africa or the former USSR.

thats how we call them in Polish, that map makes it look like it you can do that in Czech and probably other Slavic languages too

Because virtually every language except English says Czechia.

In Dutch it's "Tsjechië"

what the fuck are you talking about? That's a map from at least 500 years before there was ever such a thing as the rus. Russia only became a thing a couple hundred years after the Rus.

Non-countries shouldn't have names.

its their official name just like Britain is officially the United Kingdom and Netherlands is officially Kingdom of Netherlands. Westerners prefered to use the official name in normal langauge because Czechs couldn't come up with decent normal name. Germans try to call them something like tscheischshcshcsh so clearly Czech Republic is a better alternative.

Why didn't they call it czechland?

It's a better timeline. I for one thank that time traveling John Titor fellow for opening the transdimendional rift which reawakened Kek and caused a mass forced convergence of metaprobability between the phanes of multiplex gyrex.

They voted to change it last year

what do you talk about, herman?

Hasn't it always?

A bunch of imbeciles decided that we need a one word name which our country didn't have as a whole.
And the same bunch of imbeciles assumed that calling the country simply "Bohemia" would make Moravians and Silesians butthurt for being opressed by the ebil Bohemians.
Czechia is a retarded name and is easily confused with Chechnya.

I legit never heard anyone reffer to our country as "Česko" before the whole name change shit started.

Should have had a refferendum about this at least tbqh familia.

Ceky Breky

Since everyone agreed on that having to say "Czech Republic" just sounds retarded. It's too formal for casual use, it would be like always saying "Russian Federation" instead of Russia, "People's Republic of China" instead of China, "United States of America" instead of USA. Plus that most countries skip calling them a Republic when referring to them. Here we say "Tjeckien", even the Czechs themselves skip calling it the whole formal name. It makes a lot of sense since in Latin, countries end with -ia.

We always called you Tschechien.

That's basically what we call it in Dutch.
Since when? don't know, since forever I think.

I just call it Germany, also I'm from the future.

>Should be renamed to Bohemia.

That's like calling the UK "England", the USA "California" or the Netherlands Holland"

...all of which are perfectly fine and in fact awesome.

OK, what new name are we gonna meme it? Or are we happy with this one?

So you can turn Prague into refugee camp? Yeah no thanks Hans

I didn't even know it wasn't Czechoslovakia until like 2009 and now they want me to remember this other name. Also it sounds too much like Chechnya.

Britain isn't the United Kingdom. The UK is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Britain is the island of Wales, Scotland and England.

Since as long as i can remember, in Norway at least. Why are you mad about it?

for us you are your country is holland

>calling the
>UK "England"
>Netherlands "Holland"

But we do.

Like I said: nothing wrong with that.

Fuck the inferior provinces.

You mean Czechistan?

Please no bully, Dežo.

Don't trigger the ruskies

Since forever? It was always spelled like that in Russian.

Too bad, it's what literally everybody is calling them.

Call it Чeхия
Slavic languages using additional Latin letters

...confuse me as fuck.
I don't know why my post got cut.

>Czechia

The name change was officially introduced in April 2016:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/25/nobody-calls-it-czechia-czech-republic-new-fails-catch-on

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/czechia-czech-republic-new-name-english-speakers-a7323596.html

nothing you retard
this change is for english language

Orban should seize ur shithole country as soon as possible.

It's not different at all
The full name is Česká republika - Česká is an adjective derived from Čechy
Then it got shortened into Česko
It's like the difference between Moldova and Moldavia - very arbitrary and on the basic level both mean the same thing

kys eternal fedora tipping pepík.

The English translation should be Česko -> Czeskia

Czechia sounds almost exactly the as Chechnya, the only reason it works is because most Americans have never heard of Chechnya

>Czechia
Pronounce as Chekia
> Chechnya
Pronounced Chechenya

Huh?I thought that official name was Czech republic and that it is getting changed officially to Czechia.
I mean we call it Ćeška,but the official name is Ćeška republika.
it is like that because of the word changes.
Češka
Ćeške
Ćesci
Ćešku
Ćeška
Ćeškom
Ćesci.
Btw don't you have 17 forms in your language?
You guys are machochists.

I don't read read snow tier vodka runes,what sound that reverse R produce

To be fair, we call it Tsjechië in Dutch, and Chechnya is called Tsjetsjenië.
>phonetically

>Česko -> Czeskia
that's retarded

the name is not changing, rather the additonal short form is being introduced

Oh ok.